Focal Point Digital Media Reviews

Focal Point Digital Media 2
Focal Point Digital Media 3
Focal Point Digital Media 4

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2009

I can not say enough about the quality and professionalism of Ryan and his staff. We just got our wedding video and I have already watched it several times. Each time I watch it I love it more and more. I tear up every single time. His editing and production abilities are astounding! I was not initially going to have a videographer at the wedding, but hiring Ryan was the best thing I did. Our photographer was phenomenal, but photographs can't capture the day in the same manner as the video. Look no further, Ryan has to be the best Oregon has to offer in wedding videography!

Sent on 03/15/2010

Shane · Married on 11/08/2008

Ryan is a hardworking individual. I appreciated his focus on capturing as much of our wedding day as possible. He was great to work with and made sure to understand our itinerary for the day and sought our opinion on how he could best fit in. He has a great deal of experience and was present with various cameras for all the important moments in an unobtrusive way.
    The finished DVD of our wedding came out great; Ryan's editing skills and creativity with music effects and transitions were are excellent. The DVD contains some tightly edited scenes as well as some longer takes of dancing and various activities during the evening. The picture and sound quality are top notch and the video is certainly a treasure to my wife and me.
    Thanks Ryan!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Amy · Married on 11/01/2008

Hiring Ryan & Gary for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! As a bridal consultant, and having worked with Focal Point in the past, I knew as soon as I was engaged that they had to shoot our wedding. Thankfully they were available and we immediately booked! Not only are they two of the nicest guys in the wedding industry, they are equally talented and offer superior videography. In addition to our wedding video we had Ryan shoot our Love Story several months earlier and he did a phenomenal job of adding extra touches so that the final product was exactly what we envisioned and our guests loved the slideshow that we presented during dinner. We cannot wait to see our video this spring and know it will be amazing! I am excited to continue referring Focal Point to my clients knowing they will be thrilled with the entire experience.

Sent on 12/04/2008

Laura · Married on 08/30/2008

Focal Point Digital Media is the ONLY videography studio that I would trust with my wedding. Simply put, they love weddings and they love capturing weddings! I always felt like the most important bride in the world when I was with them (even though I know they had many other brides they were working with at the same time). They were so organized, professional, supportive, and talented. They also filmed my sisters wedding two years ago, and everyone who sees the video starts bawling with happiness. It is hilarious, but feels SO good to know your wedding was captured so perfectly and beautifully, even grown men cry when they watch it! They are the best!

Sent on 12/02/2008

Danielle · Married on 08/23/2008

I would highly recommend using Focal Point Digital Media for your wedding video. I was married 2 years ago and my husband and I love watching our video every anniversary! It is a great tradition we have. The quality of the video is absolutely incredible and makes it so we can live our wedding day all over again! Focal Point Digital Media is very friendly, reilable, and prompt. We knew we could count on them for our wedding day. They are also very discrete and we barely even noticed they were their filming us.

Sent on 11/10/2010

stephanie · Married on 08/09/2008

Wow! Let me begin by saying I was so amazed sitting and watching our video the first time I probably watched it 5 times in a row. We could not ask for anything more. The video captured our day and moments we didn't see. You will not find a better team to capture one of the most amazing days of your life! I felt totally comfortable the entire time and this is one thing you should spend the money on. After the tears of joy cleared up we shared the video with family and they were all in tears and smiles. We would not change a thing. Thankyou so much Dan and Ryan!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Michael · Married on 07/26/2008

Ryan at Focal Point was FANTASTIC! Ryan and his assistant were unobtrusive, professional and really made our video feel special. There are videographers that charge less buy no one we looked at could compare to Ryan's skill editing the final product (and we looked in Vancouver, Portland and Salem). He spent a lot of time with us before the wedding to make sure he captured the aspects of our day that were most important to us. Our first two dances were the most important items we wanted to capture and if you could see the video... Oh my gosh! It makes my heart race just to think about it, and I'm the groom! He made us look better than we ever thought we could look and the finished product was fantastic.

Sent on 04/14/2009

Kate · Married on 07/26/2008

Ryan was amazing! He captured our wedding without disturbing the event. The video is perfect. We especially LOVED the preview. We actually got to watch it on our honeymoon which was super cool. We both totally cried. I can't imagine a better video! Ryan was also really sweet on the wedding day and made us feel very comfortable. zOur first dance ended with our guests showering us in rose petals and Ryan caught the moment perfectly!

Sent on 04/16/2009

Kelly · Married on 06/28/2008

Working with Ryan and Focal Point was the BEST experience! We are so happy we decided to contact Ryan. Our video is amazing and worthy every single penny. This was the BEST purchase of the ENTIRE wedding, and we are amazed at the quality and emotion that shows though. Everytime we watch, we laugh, cry, and giggle with a smile from ear to ear.
    Ryan made us feel completely comfortable while filming, and he captured every moment that touched our hearts. I would recommend Focal Point Digital Media again and again. PERFECT!! Thank you so much for giving us a gift that will last a lifetime. You are wonderful!!!

Sent on 12/27/2008

Michelle · Married on 03/16/2008

My husband and I are thrilled with our wedding videography! It allowed us to experience the emotions and the memories of the day all over again. We both feel that it was the best money we spent and would even recommend it over photography, if one had to choose between the two. Ryan was professional and fun to work with! We can't put into words how happy we are with the final product. It will be something we can show our kids in years to come!

Sent on 09/21/2008
  • tresa08

Tresa · Married on 02/09/2008

Ryan and his crew are absolute genius. First of all, when we first met ~ Ryan listened to everything I had to say, whether it was relevant or not! He was so patient. Then during the wedding, I barely noticed that they were there. You know how some photographers just have that "thing" where you don't even notice them? Well, there were 3 guys with video cameras, and they had that "thing." Unbelievable.

I wanted a video of the wedding, because I thought it would be fun to have something to look back at, but I had no idea it was going to be so amazing. They captured everything. EVERYTHING. I don't know how else to say this, but they did a perfect job. They were the nicest guys in the world, and did an absolute perfect job with everything. It is worth every dime! Do yourself a favor and hire these guys! Oh hey, and ladies.. he made it so that I NEVER looked bad in any shot. Now that takes talent!

Sent on 09/12/2008

Alicia · Married on 12/07/2007

Ryan has been blessed with a gift in videography! He did an INCREDIBLE job on our wedding!!!! He is very down to earth, not intimidating at all, and very easy to work with. His attention to detail was obvious in our final product which is absolutely AMAZING; I can't emphasize this enough. I have to say I was nervous about what the video might look like, not because of Ryan’s abilities but because some of the details didn’t come out right in the decor and how I thought I would look ;). However, NO WORRIES!!!, he camouflaged all details that weren’t just right. If you don't hire Focal Point Digital Media to take care of your special day, you will definitely regret it. I'm soooooooooo glad we did!!! We almost went with someone else, but what a mistake that would have been! (If this was live you would hear me squeal with glee :)) Thank you so much Ryan! You rock!

Sent on 07/02/2008

Aleina · Married on 11/11/2007

We loved Ryan from the beginning, but after receiving our wedding video, we realized how priceless our investment really was. The quality of his work is above and beyond anyone else in this area, and his customer service has been absolutely amazing. When it comes to sharing the day with those who couldn't be there, there is no match for the video. I honestly can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 07/16/2008

Carly · Married on 09/08/2007

Hiring Ryan from Focal Point was without a doubt the best expense of our wedding. This is not your average wedding video but a full on production! Watching our wedding video is so much more enjoyable than watching the days raw footage. Exceptional shots timed with music make for an emotional experience. Our video is AWESOME and very beautifully done!

We highly recommend the wedding trailer, a brief "movie trailer" of your wedding day to tease you until the final video is finished. It leaves you wanting more and was available to us within a week from the wedding. Definitely worth it!

It has been an absolute pleasure working with Ryan. We appreciated his professionalism and creativity! You won't be disappointed to hire Focal Point Digital Media.

Sent on 06/23/2008

Alyssa · Married on 08/25/2007

We loved it!!! Absolutely and completely worth it! Ryan is so amazing and truely has a gift. He makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Very catering to the bride and groom on their special day. Our day would not have been complete without this video. Your wedding day goes sooo fast and you are not able to remember all the little things. Ryan captures every litte detail so you have a video filled with memories and moments you might have missed. I would highly highly suggest Ryan to anyone. You might think a video is something you can do without, but is absolutely nothing you can do without. Definately as important as photography. We loved working with Ryan! Absolutely worth it!!!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Matt · Married on 08/18/2007

we watch our video every year on our anniversary and are still in awe of how well you captured our day :) definitely a treat to get to re-live that day over every year!! By far the BEST money spent on our wedding so thank you again!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Lindsey · Married on 07/13/2007

Ryan was worth every penny we spent! I didn't want to spare any expense on the video of our one wedding day, and Ryan made it PERFECT! First of all, he was never pushy or obvious while taking video at the wedding, I never remember seeing him! He worked well with my photographer, I was told later, and the video was phenomenal!! We watch it often to remind ourselves of that day, and every wonderful moment was magically captured. The music and editing to the images he captured are blended and put together so amazing, it's almost more beautiful in the video than it was that day! Ryan is a GREAT choice for videography! I have a few minor regrets from that day, and I'm so glad my videographer was NOT one of them.

Sent on 02/06/2009

Kelly · Married on 01/19/2007

Hiring Ryan was one of the easiest decisions we made while planning our wedding. He came to us with wonderful reviews and he definitely lived up to them. He was easy to reach by phone or email and we were even able to meet during my lunch break at a local coffee shop. We provided him pictures of ourselves growing up and pictures of us together as a couple, he developed them into a wonderful photo montage that we presented during our reception. We received so many compliments on it. More than a year and a half later I received a request from a family member to have a copy of one of the pictures from our show. I emailed Ryan to request he email it to me since I did not have it digitally myself. He was generous enough to give me a call and explain to me over the phone that he saves the pictures on the slideshow disk specifically for this purpose and went into detail to explain how to get to them. Many people may have just disregarded my request but he went above and beyond what I expected.
    I would highly recommend Focal Point to any future bride!

Sent on 10/04/2008

J · Married on 10/10/2006

Ryan and his team are great to work with! Very professional and personable while filming. He is able to create a video that is artistic and truly captures the emotions and details of your wedding day. We were so pleased with the whole process and love to share our day with family and friends by showing them our amazing video. It's been fun to see them capturing our friends' big days and hear their positive experiences as well. We would highly recommend Focal Point!

Sent on 10/10/2008

Kassandra · Married on 09/02/2006

Focal Point did a phenomenal job at our wedding. We had been on the fence about whether we wanted to have a videographer at all and after we received the video we are the biggest proponents! Working with the guys at Focal Point was a pleasure -- they are so nice and easy to deal with which was wonderful since I was planning my wedding from 3,000 miles away. They really listened to what we wanted and respected our wishes that they not be intrusive on our wedding guests. We barely even knew they were there. The video is fantastic and has superb production value. It was creative and fun and truly captured our wedding day. It never fails to bring all of our family to tears!

Sent on 08/26/2008

Laurie · Married on 08/27/2006

Ryan was AWESOME!!! He created an unbelievable video of our special day that we will cherish forever!!!

Sent on 02/15/2009

Erika · Married on 08/26/2006

Focal Point Digital Media was the best vendor selection I made for my wedding day. Ryan captured our special day better than words can describe! We watch our video and it brings that day, the emotions and love back to us everytime.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Alison · Married on 02/18/2006

I loved working with Ryan and was completely elated about our video. All the testimonials on his website can give you an idea about how awesome his work is. It's been 2 1/2 years since our wedding and I still cry every time I watch it. The music , the imagery and the drama created by his production and editing is fabulous. My husband is not a sappy man but he could not contain himself the first time he watched it. Ryan was so responsive and professional despite his busy schedule as he has become a very popular vendor. I would recommend him to any bride to be!

Sent on 10/12/2008

Alisa Baty · Married on 11/01/2005

5-star service that has lasted 15 years!

My experience with Focal Media began in year 2005. Ryan filmed and edited my wedding video. He was such a pleasure to work with! His ideas and suggestions made the video elegant and timeless. He captured all the important components and turned it into a beautiful story of my wedding day. As I was watching the DVD with my children almost 15 years later, I realized I need to insure this precious video does not disappear due to DVD deterioration or loss. After several unsuccessful attempts to digitize the video myself (either poor quality and other issues) I decided to look up Focal Media and see if the Company is still around. After all, it has been 15 years and many businesses don’t last that long, especially in the industry today... After quick search online, I learned not only Focal Media and Ryan (the owner) was still around, the Company has flourished and now has many awards! I called the number from the website and Ryan answered the phone right away! (another rarity today). He remembered me and my wedding and was eager to help me digitize my video. What really shocked me is he still had a copy of my DVD! This is 15 years later! Again, Ryan was quick and professional with his promised service. I now have a digitized copy of my precious video that is safe, and sound and uploaded on many different storages for generations to watch . I could not be happier client and be more pleased with a service… If you are considering Focal Media for your wedding – look no further! This Company is 5-star in every aspect .

Sent on 03/04/2019

Josey · Married on 08/14/2004

Focal Point Digital Media did a beautiful job on our wedding video. It turned out gorgeous! I would recommend them to an absolute stranger and to my best friends, as well. Ryan captures the details that make your wedding special and unique as well as the moments that are the most meaningful to you. We've been married for almost 4 years now, and I still watch our wedding video whenever I get the chance! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/11/2008