Focal Point Digital Media Reviews

Focal Point Digital Media 2
Focal Point Digital Media 3
Focal Point Digital Media 4

Robin · Married on 09/10/2011

Videography is perceived as one of those "luxury" wedding items you don't really need. However, when the big day is done, all you will have to remember it is photos and maybe a video. Now, the video could be raw shaky footage that looks like the Blair Witch Project from some in-law, or you could have a professional video with music, amazing shots, great sound, and a product you will be proud to share (and even show off) to friends and family.
    If you are going to have a professional, why not have the best? Ryan and Focal Point are the best (and they have the awards to prove it). I was very hesitant to pay so much for something I was not 100% certain I needed, but the payments are broken up into 3 equal sums which makes it far more manageable. Hind sight, my husband and I are so glad we made the investment, and we would consider having good video of our wedding just as important as having good photos.
    On my wedding day, they arrived on time, were un-intrusive, and very professional. They worked well with our photographer and were able to compose some shots that looked amazing on video but only took a few additional seconds during the formal photos (which we did before the ceremony). If I had not had a videographer I would have missed: my husband's anticipation for our first look, him actually crying as I walked down the aisle, our look while hearing the each others vows (we were both tearing up, and that is not something we do easily), a recording of the toasts, some of our best friends breaking out in some mean dance moves at the reception, and then sitting on our couch watching our new wedding DVD and happily tearing up all over again.
    I recommend Ryan and Focal Point 100%. They are professional, quick to respond, and worth every penny.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Jamie · Married on 09/09/2011

Weddings are expensive brides, we all know that. You are probably wondering, "Should I really spend the money on videography? I already have a photographer why spend this amount of money for a video when my uncle can set up his camcorder in the back?" My answer is YES!! DO IT!! And your Uncle is no Ryan Chaney! When you get your video from Ryan and you watch it for the first time and then the second and before you know it you've watched it 50 times... you will realize it was the best money you spent in your entire wedding. I promise you will not regret a single cent. Ryan is the best in the business and its the biggest day of your life. Spend the money girls! My husband and I just watched our video (for the 100th time probably) for our one year anniversary and watching us on our big day in real life vs photos takes you back to the day so much more than photos. I simply cannot say enough about Focal Point, Ryan is amazing and it was an honor to have him as our vendor.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/27/2011

Hello Brides-to-be! This time last year, planning my 8/27/11 wedding was really starting to ramp up... My sis-in-law strongly recommended we look into hiring a professional videographer, something that was low enough on our list at the time that it was at risk of either getting cut or being left to a family friend to tape just our ceremony. She shared that even after 22 yrs of marriage to my bro she still watches her 1989 VCR tape of their big day AT LEAST once a year. We didn't have any personal recommendations for a vendor, but upon reviewing several of the usual sites, it was clear Ryan Chaney at Focal Point Digital Media in Salem was 1 of THE top in Oregon.

I was a bit reluctant at first about working with someone outside of Portland but if anyone else is thinking the same, don't! I deliberately held off writing a rave review for Ryan and Focal Point until we were 100% through the process with final product in hand-- I guess there were enough of our other vendors who we hired that let us down in some form (some small, some big), that I was probably waiting for a shoe to drop, ie: "This Ryan guy is too good to be true, it's probably only a matter of time until he lets us down too somehow..." In hindsight, I had NOTHING to worry about-- in fact, Ryan and FOCAL POINT WOULD BE THE 1ST VENDOR I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE GETTING MARRIED! Not only did Ryan and Gary exceed my expectations every step of the way (not an easy task!), but they went above and beyond their jobs-- giving us great advice about reception flow, our big entrance, fun dances-- all despite our having already hired a DJ/MC as well. And some of our favorite photo settings/poses were even created by our Videographer, not just our Photographer.

Bottom line, I am admittedly not the easiest to please so I research a ton, ask a lot of questions and provide detailed lists, especially when I get the sense they're needed-- with Ryan, no such list was necessary because HE was the one taking copious notes at our consultation-- such a relief and breath of fresh air!

** FIND A WAY TO INCLUDE VIDEOGRAPHY IN YOUR BUDGET AND MAKE SURE RYAN AND FOCAL POINT ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUR DATE-- if not, you may seriously want to consider changing it, he & his team are THAT good and will be such an asset to creating and capturing your BIG DAY as special as possible for you & your honey to re-live over and over whenver you want (In fact, in the 3 weeks we've had our DVD, my hubby has suggested we watch it even more than me!)

Finally, not only is it such a joy for the two of you to re-live and see all that you inevitably missed (no matter how hard you tried to be in the moment!), your family and friends will absolutely love Focal Point's professional & innovative work just as much, ESPECIALLY if they were unable to be there like my husband's 93-yr-old Grandmother-- we can't wait to share everything with her when we fly down to see her in CA in a few weeks!

Sent on 03/19/2012
  • kdaisy

Kristy · Married on 08/13/2011

I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Ryan and Focal Point Media. Ryan was a great pleasure to work with, very laid back and funny and personable, but also very professional and obviously knows his stuff! We had a tight schedule between the ceremony and reception, but Ryan was perfectly calm and very organized, handled it perfectly. He was also great about suggesting various shots (and caught some amazing moments when I had no idea he was even there! hello disco moment with my dude of honor...), but also kept us very comfortable and relaxed (I was worried about feeling like a "deer in the headlights" with so many cameras around).

Then of course we were absolutely blown away by our wedding video!! Classy and artistic and captured "us" so perfectly. I really don't know how Ryan does it, it's amazing. And it's just so awesome to be able to see "your day" again (and again and again!)...I am so so so glad we had Ryan as our videographer.

I know that hiring a videographer may seem like an extravagance. I promise, when the day of your wedding comes and then is gone in the blink of an eye, you will be so glad that Ryan was there to capture all the moments for you to relive later! Video is a completely different feel than photographs, you NEED both! I remember being SO HAPPY on my wedding day that Ryan was there to capture the day for us, and that came back tenfold when we watched our video afterwards. It's amazing. HIRE THIS GUY!! You will be so so so glad you did.

Sent on 02/15/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/16/2011

To be honest my husband and I were on the fence about getting a wedding video at all; after-all it is pretty expensive. If you are in the same situation let me tell you the video is HONESTLY the best thing we paid for, for the wedding. You get to relive and savor the day with your now husband or wife, which went by in a whirlwind and you might not even remember all of it. Ryan is great to work with, professional without being standoffish, nice, easy going and always got back to me. We got our video in the length of time that he promised and we are so happy with it. My husband is really happy we did it too, he has watched the video more than I have!

Sent on 01/15/2012
  • Danika

Danika · Married on 07/01/2011

Ryan did an amazing job with our wedding video. Watching our video was like reliving the night again. He really captured our personalities throughout the video and those important unforgettable moments. The editing was smooth, romantic and fun. Working with him was also a pleasure. He was flexible and really listened to what we wanted from our video. I would definitely recommend using Focal Point to capture your special day. I am so thankful to have our wedding video!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Amie · Married on 06/25/2011

WOW!!!! Ryan and the guys at Focal Point Digital Media are truly artists at what they do. Our Love Story video was perfect and made everyone at our wedding get to know my husband and I a little better and even had a little laughter with a blooper! Ryan's work that he does prior to the wedding was great as well. He got to know us and that is what makes his work so special. On the day of the wedding he came to our hotel to get snapshots of me getting ready and then just really got all aspects of our day! I can't wait to see what he produces! He is very professional, funny, and amazing at what he does.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Karli · Married on 05/07/2011

Like so many other brides, I thought that hiring a Videographer was something that we couldn't afford. Looking back now - I don't know how we could have afforded not to hire our videographers. It's something we'll always cherish. I know our video will be something that we watch often. It really is true when people tell you that the day goes by so fast & that you miss so much! I am so thankful to have the footage to look back on. In addition to that we are able to share our day with our loved ones who were not able to be here due to various circumstances. I'd tell any bride to find room in the budget for Focal Point. It's worth every penny! Focal Point Digital Media truly fits the definition of priceless!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Caitlin · Married on 03/04/2011

We just received our wedding video in the mail today and let me just say it is better than anything I could have imagined! Ryan and Focal Point Digital Media have been hands down THE BEST vendor to work with from our wedding. He takes time to get to know you and establishes a meaningful connection with his clients. You're not just a number, a wedding date or a sale, you're a real person with real dreams and plans. He made us feel like we were always his top priority and this can not be said for many wedding vendors, that's for sure!

My husband and other family members weren't sure at first about doing a wedding video, and it seems to many like a luxury. Unfortunately, many of those I know that have gotten married scaled back on video and photography first to trim the budget down. The best advice I can give to any future bride or groom is that while all the details matter now, all that matters AFTER you say I do is you and your spouse, and the memories you have from your special day. After seeing our video my husband and I both feel that this is the best money we spent on our wedding. It's something we will have and treasure forever, and I think video shows so much more that photography simply cannot.

If you're thinking of videography, then Ryan is your man and Focal Point is your vendor!!! The quality, professionalism and expertise he offers is simply unparalleled! It definitely puts your mind at ease to know you're working with the best. Thank you Ryan!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Carole · Married on 03/04/2011

Ryan and Focal Point are SUPERLATIVE! He connected with my kids, was unobtrusive during the festivities, and everyone was at ease, so the video was completely natural. In addition, the final product was artsy, and beautiful, and most of all professional. As a parent of the bride, when planning a wedding the videographer seems too expensive, and you might have the idea that photos could be substituted instead. DON'T DO IT! If you're going to have a video...this is the guy to do it! He does a quality job all the way, and it's no wonder he's the best in the state!!!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Brittany · Married on 01/15/2011

I think having a videographer is one of the most important people you should hire for your wedding. Time will fly and you will hardly remember what even happened because of the excitement and nerves and getting pulled in many directions. Ryan is the guy you want to hire. He is amazing at what he does. You will have a cinematic experience of one of the best days of your life.

Sent on 02/08/2011

Christina · Married on 09/26/2010

Ryan's work is truly stunning. We just received our wedding video and have been watching it non-stop! It is SO amazing to be able to watch our wedding and hear our vows again. Not only is his work absolutely beautiful, but he is so professional, fun, and easy to work with. We will treasure our video for the rest of our lives -- thank you Ryan! We are so happy that we made this investment, and we highly recommend that others do as well!

Sent on 03/30/2011

Hayley · Married on 09/11/2010

My husband and I just recently received our wedding video from Ryan at Focal Point. Absolutely AMAZING! I was crying in the first 30 seconds. You think you will remember the moments and that pictures will always be a great memory but a video can make you feel like you are living that special day again…and again…and again. However many times you want. You get to see parts of you own wedding that you missed. I can show my kids one day and when I am 80 years old I can live it again! Don’t make the mistake of passing up on videographer for your special day. Absolutely worth the money it costs. We found Ryan after watching a friend’s wedding video that he had produced. It made the choice very easy. Once we started talking with Ryan I was just that much more impressed. He was so patient with me and incredibly informative on options and really knew what he was talking about. We exchanged multiple emails and no matter what request I had Ryan seemed to act like it was no big deal and came through with everything. I just couldn’t have been more pleased with the choice we made. He even stayed till 8pm on a Friday just so we could come see our final movie that night! He is a great person that makes a great wedding video and I would recommend him a thousand times over! The least I could do to repay him is tell other brides how happy we were with our experience!
    Sorry Brides I just don’t have any critiques for Focal Point Digital Media.

Sent on 05/16/2011

Anne · Married on 09/04/2010

Focal Point Digital Media was such an important part of the best day of our lives and made the day so much more memorable. We loved watching our wedding all over again and will continue to do so for years to come! We are thrilled we went with Ryan. He is professional, friendly, responsive, and has such a talent for capturing the special moments on your big day. He fully deserves the 5 stars given and I would recommend him to the best of my friends. His services are entirely worth the investment!

Sent on 03/18/2011

Corree · Married on 08/27/2010

From day one, I was treated with the upmost respect and professionalism by Ryan at Focal Point Digital Media. He worked with me and my fiance to find a package and price that suited our budget and needs without compromising the quality of our video.

We met with Ryan a week before our wedding to go over the final details. We left that meeting knowing we were in good hands. He truly understands the business and the importance of not missing anything and also suggested some things that we incorporated into our wedding.

When the day came, we hardly noticed Ryan's presence. He was able to capture the entire event without being in the way at all. He was very professional and courteous to everyone in attendance.

The videos we received were very well done. The case it came in was great quality, including the detail he put into the packaging, DVD cover, and DVD menu. The video itself was amazing and exactly what we had asked for.

Focal Point Digital Media is truly the complete package and worth every penny!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Samantha · Married on 06/26/2010

If you want to remember your wedding forever in the most amazing way possible, I would highly recommend Focal Point Digital Media. Ryan and his team are incredible. They are so fun to work with and their videos and editing skills are superb. I recently got married in June and just received my wedding video. It was well with the four month wait!! I watched my wedding video at least fifteen times in 48 hours. I have already started showing all of my friends and family and now everyone I know who is getting married wants to use Focal Point Digital Media. I would have paid twice as much for my video. It was worth EVERY penny!!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Adam & Jessica · Married on 06/26/2010

As we began planning our wedding, we continuously heard two comments from couples who had gotten married before us. "The thing I regret most from my wedding is not hiring a videographer." OR "The best decision we made when planning our wedding was hiring a videographer!" After hearing so many of those comments, we knew we didn't want to have any regrets and we wanted to have a videographer at our wedding! Now, after our wedding we can say hiring a videographer and specifically Focal Point was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!! We would do it again (and probably add more to our package!) in a heart beat! Their work is amazing and our video is something we will cherish forever!! As we've shown our theatrical trailer and video to friends and family they can't stop praising Ryan and Focal Point for the fabulous job they did! I have never seen better work and I couldn't agree more with their deserving awards! I would urge any couple to find room in their budget to hire Focal Point! I guarantee that you will never regret that decision! Thank you Ryan and Focal Point!!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Delight · Married on 04/09/2010

Thank you Focal Point Media for capturing our most cherished wedding moments. We love our video and have watched it over and over again with big smiles on our faces as we are able to re-live our special day! I can't imagine not having a video of our wedding to share with family & friends or to enjoy with my husband. A wedding video is one thing you don't want to cut out of your budget!! Thankyou Focal Point for not only creating a great video but making it unique to us. We will cherish it forever!!

Sent on 12/30/2010

We love our wedding video from Focal Point!! Ryan was so great to work with and he's the best in the bussiness! We highly recommend Focal Point. A huge thank you to Ryan!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Shawn · Married on 12/23/2009

Great videographer. Recorded the wedding in full 1080i. Also burn tit to blu-ray for us. I'd recommend to anyone.

Sent on 01/10/2010

Grace · Married on 11/06/2009

BEST USE OF WEDDING MONEY! 100 TIMES OVER!

I'm so happy with my wedding video! It's so fun to watch our wedding day because it went by so fast. I would strongly recommend any couple to make sure they get a videographer for their wedding- you won't regret it. From personal experience, I don't think there is anyone better than Focal Point Digital Media!!

Sent on 06/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2009

We had the most positive experience with Ryan and Gary...they are such great guys and so easy to work with. It was by far THE BEST thing we could have spent our money on for our wedding. The video footage is amazing and the montage they put together along with some of our favorite music is simply FABULOUS!!!! We have enjoyed watching it over and over again with our family and friends, and know we will continue to do so forever. Again....it was the best money we spent on our wedding and I would encourage any couple to do whatever it takes to fit it into your budget and hire Focal Point Digital Media, you will be SO happy you did!!!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Angie · Married on 09/26/2009

Ryan is great! Makes you feel at ease, and is nice & fun to work with. Very easy to get along with. It is all a little on the more spendy side, but worth every penny!! You are paying for top quality! I didn't want to spare any expense on the video of our wedding day. With this video I can go back and cherish that special day forever!

Sent on 10/20/2009

Genny · Married on 09/19/2009

Ryan and Gary with Focal Point and some of the sweetest people I have ever met. They truly cared about how our wedding turned out and wanted to capture every detail. They are very detail orientated and made our guests feel at ease. To be honest, I even forgot that they were there with us they were so unobtrusive. I would highly recommend them to my friends, in fact, I even introduced them to a bride the day of the wedding so she can use them too! I just can't wait to see the footage!

Sent on 09/24/2009

krystal · Married on 08/29/2009

Wow! What can I say about Ryan...He truly is the best in the Portland metro area in his field...We met with many different videographers...Who were considered top in this field, but as soon as we met with Ryan (which turned out to be our final meeting) we were instantly hooked...He truly has a talent for capturing emotion like no other person. I would say don't let the fact that he is in Salem throw you off! Go see him at his studio! It will be well worth it to view his movies (they truly are movies!) in his studio on the big screen! His trailers the week after your event are also the most fabulous thing ever! The day goes by so fast and somewhat like a whirlwind! Its hard to consintrate on anything in particular, but to have that small amount of video so soon is amazing!

Sent on 09/15/2009