Focal Point Digital Media Reviews

Focal Point Digital Media 2
Focal Point Digital Media 3
Focal Point Digital Media 4

Terra · Married on 08/23/2014

We watched our video this evening and it was so beautiful. You did such an amazing job and we are so thankful you were there to capture every moment. There was so much I had forgotten about that day and am so glad I am able to watch this and look back. Not only did you capture the most important day of our life, but you captured the people we love the most and that to me is priceless. You truly have a gift!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Ambar · Married on 08/16/2014

Focal Point filmed our 2 day wedding weekend. From the start, Ryan was amazing. He was so incredibly easy and fun to work with, was super prompt to all emails, and somehow easily understood our vision. Our wedding highlight film was of spectacular quality, flowed amazingly between the two days of our wedding, and captured the most beautiful and precious moments of both days. We were brought to tears watching it. Our friends and family all loved the highlight film and keep raving about the amazing quality of it. I am so glad I went with Focal Point - I would recommend them highly, without reservation. Ryan and his team are true professionals, passioante about their craft and deliver a truly remarkable, heart warming product. Seriously a gem!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/09/2014

This was the one thing that I wanted to really spend money on for my wedding, and it was the best purchase I made! The video focal point created captured everything I wanted to remember of our wedding! Ryan and his crew really took what I was hoping for and turned it into more than I could have imagined! There is a reason they are voted the best!

Sent on 02/16/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/05/2014

Ryan, is hands down the BEST videographer to use on the west coast. I know some people assume photography is enough, but put the extra dollars in and make sure you have the video- you will be so thankful you did. There is so much you won't remember from the day of your wedding or get to see how much fun your guests were having and Ryan captures it all perfectly. Your video will definitely bring tears to your eyes.

My husband and I interviewed around 10 different wedding videographers over skype since we live in Atlanta but were getting married in Oregon (at zenith vineyards to be exact). I had specifics that I wanted and Ryan listened to everything I said and did all that I wanted and asked for in the video and more... Ryan responds to emails asap and is the most organized professional in the wedding business. I wanted filters and our video to be more unique than the usual wedding video and he carried it all out fantastically. Other videographers/companies were lazy, non-responsive and not willing to listen to what we wanted.

I could write a short novel on our pleasant experience with this company, Ryan and his coworkers really are the best around. My family, friends, husband and I are so incredibly pleased with his work!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Adrienne · Married on 09/28/2013

Ryan Chaney and his crew are exceptional. They are professional, humorous, thorough, and most importantly TALENTED. Although a significant wedding expense for most of us, well worth it.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Ashlee · Married on 08/31/2013

Ryan and Gary of focal point media are amazing!! Very quick to respond with any questions you may have and their wedding videography is beautiful! They take the time to get to know the couple and really try to make your wedding video match the couples vibe/personality.

We got married down on the oregon coast in North Bend, so they are defiantly not afraid to travel!

We weren't initially going to use a videographer, but after seeing focal point medias beautiful wedding videos we could resist abs couldn't be happier with the results!!

Thank you again Ryan and Gary!! :)

Sent on 02/26/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/17/2013

I cannot begin to express how pleased I am with our video. Ryan and Gary were so professional and friendly. They were quick to get my video done and ready for me. My biggest concern was they would be in the way of the wedding and that was not the case at all! I didn't even know they were there. Their process is flawless. I would highly recommend them. I could go on and on but I wont. :) Just know they are incredible!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Kelsey · Married on 08/10/2013

Words can't describe how much I appreciate Ryan at Focal Point and his crew. They captured our wedding in the most perfect way possible. It is very clear, that after receiving our beautiful wedding video, complete with bloopers and extended reception/ceremony footage, that Focal Point is not only passionate about what they do but are truly the best in the industry. Videography is the #1 thing I would recommend to a bride as its something that you will have for a life time and is so fun to relive one of the best days of your life as many times as you want! Ryan and crew were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone that wants AMAZING footage of their wedding day.

Sent on 03/21/2014

Malini · Married on 08/02/2013

Ryan and his team are wonderful. True professionals, easy and fun to work with. We absolutely loved our highlights video! I would highly recommend Focal Point for your wedding videography!

Sent on 01/18/2014

Geoffrey · Married on 07/14/2013

My wife wanted videography very badly, but I couldn't see spending a small fortune on something we would watch maybe once. Grooms are always trying to find ways to save money, and this would put a huge dent in our budget. After fighting it for so long, I finally agreed to it. This was THE BEST MONEY WE SPENT on our wedding. Our wedding video looked like it was a big screen hollywood production. Ryan and his crew can do amazing things with a camera, and are about the most friendly and laid back people we dealt with for our wedding. They were never intrusive, and helped me calm down when I started to get really nervous. After we received our wedding video, my wife and I watched it probably fifteen times, and cried each time. Videography lets you live the day over like you were just there. I can't explain what a wonderful feeling this is compared to pictures. I know something like this can be very expensive, but if you look at the work Focal Point does, you will realize why it is worth every penny. From a reluctant groom, to a very satisfied customer, Focal Point met every expectation and then some!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2013

Ryan is by far the most talented videographer you'll ever find! He has the total package- professionalism, thoughtfulness, precision, talent and most importantly; he LOVES what he does! He is super easy to work with from beginning to end and did a stellar job capturing our wedding! A videographer like Ryan is a must have!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Lindsee · Married on 06/29/2013

Hiring Ryan and Focal Point to be our videographer for our wedding was by far the best decision we could have made! They did an amazing job capturing one of the best and most important days of our lives and gave us the opportunity to relive our wedding day over and over again! Working with Ryan before our wedding wasn't only easy but it was fun! Ryan truly loves what he does and it shows in the quality of his work! Our wedding video has become a family favorite and we owe it all to Ryan and his team! If you are looking for a great person to be your videographer for your wedding do not hesitate or look any further.... Ryan is your guy!! I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Alyssa · Married on 06/22/2013

Ryan (focal point media) and team was a wedding highlight!! I was just going to have one of my friends video tape the wedding, then I came across a write up about focal point media in the newspaper. I called him immediately! After talking with him I went straight to my fiance and told I had to have him. even though he was not in our budget, he was worth every penny! He was so understanding, went out of his way to answer all my questions, give me advice, make suggestions all without ever making us feel like he was trying to sale me something. He felt like a friend and such a supporter. He listened to my outrageous ideas and didn't blink an eye. Everything was possible and was down to make our dream come true! He was so pleasant to work with and has a great sense of humor. We both felt so comfortable around him that having a camera on us felt natural because he was so delightful, easy going and funny. We had a ball with him and his team. He captures the moments you never want to forget and relive over and over. Hiring focal point and having a video of our wedding is the greatest wedding gift we could have asked for. If you want a video that is going to be 100% awesome and a VERY pleasant experience on the business end of things then do yourselves a favor and HIRE FOCAL POINT!! It's the only way to go! The reviews say it all!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Ryan with Focal Point was awesome to work with. Very kind and professional. My daughter was not going to hire a videographer, but after meeting with Ryan she was convinced that she needed a video of her special day. High quality work, captures all those special moments that seemed to fly by at the wedding.

Very organized and easy to work with. Would recommend Focal Point to all brides looking to capture those priceless moments during your wedding

Sent on 08/09/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2012

I waited until very late in the game to hire a videographer. I waffled about my budget but in the end decided that decades from now when friends and family are gone, I would want to have something to look back at and hear the sound of their voices and see their smiles and mannerisms. Ryan was so great and accommodating; he took care of all the details making everything so easy. During the event he was a video “ninja” catching shots and sequences of events when I didn’t even know he was there. The final product captured the essence and spirits in the air on the evening of our wedding. The first time we watched it, I could smell the sweet grapes being harvested off the vines all around us. I could feel the love and warmth of the friends and family celebrating our union like they were in the room with us again. Every year when my husband and I watch this video on our anniversary, we will be transported back to that evening, and to think, I almost passed all that up to save a dollar. Ryan I am eternally grateful.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2012

We had the most amazing opportunity to get a smokin' deal on our wonderful photographer to capture the most special of moments of our day. So needless to say we had some money to spare. Now, most people would probably just stick that extra money in the bank for the future but after hearing from MANY other brides that having a videographer was a must, we started tentatively shopping around. We met with one company before Ryan Chaney and we knew right away we had to have him for our day! He is so personable, funny, talented, and really took interest in what we wanted for our day, not just what he thought would work best. We booked him on the spot of our first meeting!

We lived in Arizona before our wedding so we were only able to meet with him twice before the big day. We communicated via email and even after our limited meetings he interacted with us on our wedding day like we had all been friends for years and years. He and his crew were so stealth and we barely even knew they were there! We have guests to this day that said Ryan and his crew were fun to be around too! AMAZING!!!

We just recently got our finished video and in the last two days we have watched it over 20 times and each time we watch it we cry just as much on our wedding day.....He captured every little detail and every look between us that we will now forever remember. We get lost while watching it and feel like we are back there on the vineyard promising ourselves to one another. We also love seeing small details each time we watch it that we didn't even remember.

The money we invested in Focal Point Digital Media was the best money spent and the most worth it! There is no price we could put on the memories we have captured on our wedding video.

If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer or haven't even thought about it yet, jump over that fence and hire Focal Point Digital Media!!!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Katie · Married on 08/05/2012

Videography was one thing that I was on the fence about for our wedding. I felt that for the expense, maybe it wasn't really worth it. We met with Ryan Chaney of Focal Point Digital Media anyway--just to see what it entailed (he was recommended by our Photographer, Chris Lewis). And let me tell you, I have never been happier about spending money!!!! The drive from Portland to Salem to his studio was quick and easy. Ryan was accommodating and welcoming from the get go. Kyle (my husband) and I loved his easy going, yet professional nature. Ryan listened to us and our needs, he has a wide variety of packages available, and perhaps most importantly, his work speaks for itself. On our wedding day he was relaxed and in the zone. He was in no way over-bearing & all was easy. When we got our wedding video, we were obviously super excited to watch it just based on our Theatrical Trailer, and the other wedding video samples Ryan had shown to us. But we were BEYOND impressed and simply WOWED by the work Ryan did. We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE our video, and I have since said several times to my husband, "That was money so well spent!!" Our wedding day went by in a blur, but thanks to Ryan, we are brought back to our magical day again and again. When we watched it the first time, we both kept saying, "I forgot about that!!!" It was great. Kyle and I opted for the blue ray version and could not be happier with the quality. Not only are we thrilled, we have gotten several compliments from family and friends who were able to watch the "Main Event" online. Many of our family members could not make it to our wedding because they live on the East Coast, but as my aunt just said to me, "After watching your video, I feel like I actually got to go." Thank-you Ryan and Focal Point for creating a product that we will hold precious for the rest of our lives! I would hire you again in a second and will definitely be recommending you to ANYONE I meet who is planning a wedding!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

Videography was not in our budget but when we met Ryan and saw a preview of his work we were blown away. We thought about how much work was going into the wedding, how many of our family members would be there – many that may not be around for our kids to meet someday, and we knew it would be worth it. It was hands down the best decision we made. I’ve never met anyone with the love and dedication to their job that Ryan has. His genuine excitement is contagious and his expertise and enthusiasm puts you at ease and brings out the best not only in you but in your family, wedding party and your other vendors. The details you stressed for months over, thinking no one would notice or appreciate, his team does – they capture every detail, intimate moment and quirky outbreak. We couldn’t believe how amazing our video turned out. Everyone who watched it had the biggest smiles on their faces and tears streaming down their cheeks. It was a better illustration of our wedding then we could have ever dreamt or described, capturing every detail and moment and featuring it in a way so pin-point-perfect to our relationship, who we are, and what made us fall in love in the first place.

Having Focal Point as your videographer lets you re-live and actually attend your wedding, witness the love between you and your fiancé the way your friends and family did and experience the planning, detail and hard work you put in come together in the wedding you dreamt of in the most amazing video that you can imagine. The work Ryan produces, the moments and memories he captures, the fact that you can show your kids the expression on their dad’s face when he said his vows, their mom break it down on the dance floor, their grandfather tear up in his toast and their great grandmother bust out a conga line, these are things that pictures alone can’t portray. We can’t express enough how grateful we are for Ryan’s work, the experience we had with him and the amazing video we will now have forever.

Sent on 02/12/2013
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 07/20/2012

The moment for every bride will come when she gets to answer this question... "Do I have videographer or not?". I for one, have never debated this. I KNEW that having video of my wedding would be my most treasured item. And that has absolutely been the case. Photos are amazing and important too, but video captures the MOMENTS. It captures the feelings, it captures the incredible love and its true what they say about not remembering anything from the wedding. My wedding was a week ago, and I already don't remember much. If you do ANYTHING, please MAKE room in your budget for video. It should be the first thing that you budget for! (even above the dress!!!)

Focal Point Digital Media was absolutely beyond my expectations. Ryan was perfection. They are so wonderful to work with and they think of all those little details so you don't have to. Half the time I forgot that he was even there filming. If you were to ask me on a scale of 1 to 10 how satisfied I am with Focal Point and my decision to have video done, it would be a 100. My theatric trailer was done 5 days after my wedding, and it made everyone cry. Even people who didn't know me. HAHA. That is how good these guys are. My trailer right now is my most treasured item, and I have probably watched it 1000 times already. They are the best of the best. It truly doesn't get any better.

My advice to every bride will be "Do NOT have your wedding without Focal Point Digital Media. Other then marrying my husband it was the best decision I ever made."

Sent on 07/27/2012

Kylie · Married on 06/09/2012

Ryan at Focal Point Digital Media is awesome! I recently used him as my wedding videographer. He is easy to communicate with, highly responsive, thoughtful and experienced. My husband and I are really happy with his final delivery!

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/19/2012

WOW! Ryan and his assistant, Gary, were AMAZING videographers! I’m sure most brides have heard from other married people how much the video of your wedding means to you after the fact, and I think that once you see his wedding videos you will completely understand! He is the best of the best in the Salem/Portland area, and we are so happy with our choice! On the wedding day, it was so fun to have them there. They were always so courteous, and most of the time you hardly noticed they were there unless they were making you laugh. They are so professional, talented, artistic, and have thee best equipment. Focal Point was one of my absolute favorite vendors, and I would absolutely recommend them 110%!!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Amy · Married on 05/18/2012

Today we received our wedding video from Ryan at Focal Point, and we are so amazed and grateful for his incredible work. When we originally considered contracting with a videographer, we struggled with whether the cost would be worth the output. However, after watching samples from Focal Point's website and reading a lot of recommendations from other brides, we decided it was worth building into our budget. From the first meeting with Ryan we felt confident about his abilities and what kind of video we would receive. Ryan and his assistant were very professional but also fun on the wedding day, not to mention flexible and creative. Completion of the video took about 3 1/2 months, and boy was it worth waiting for. The highlight reel captured so many wonderful moments of our preparation, ceremony, and reception -- it brought back all the beauty and magic of our wedding day. Watching the full length feature of the ceremony and reception showed us pieces of the wedding that we'd forgotten or missed, and gave us a new perspective on the wonderful day. The blooper reel made us both laugh like loons, and really captured some of the lighter moments of the day. The music aligned with our requests and created a great background for the video.

Videography is a pricey consideration in the wedding budget, but I can confidently say at it was money well spent -- Ryan and Focal Point really gave us the chance to experience our wedding again, and we're incredibly grateful to have this video. We give our highest recommendation for Focal Point as your wedding videographer.

Sent on 09/16/2012
  • I

Leshaya · Married on 04/28/2012

Ryan is very professional and takes pride in his work. By hiring Ryan you will get professional and reliable service, a video of memories, and the best quality around. He videoed our whole wedding and we hardly knew he was there. There never seemed to be a big camera in our face. If you want the best hire him!

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2012

Ryan did a glorious job on my daughter’s wedding video.. he was just everywhere and caught the most amazing things. I saw his demo video when we were trying to decide who to hire and I remember thinking, yea but that is probably some special once in a life time kind of thing he caught with them. We went ahead and hired him and… what he created for us was completely beyond our expectations and so much more lovely than the demo. His other strong point is his editing… he makes the whole thing a complete joy to watch over and over. We recommend him greatly. One of the best things we did for the wedding. Denise Cook

Sent on 08/20/2012

Jackie · Married on 09/10/2011

What an incredible company and investment in your special day! This was the best move we made for our wedding day! Ryan, Gary, And everyone else at Focal Point were absolutely amazing! They are genuine guys and make you feel like such a special couple! We were Floored by their personalization of our wedding day and how fun and easy going they were! We were beyond impressed by the quality of our video!!!! We were immediately brought back to our special day and feel so thankful Focal Point was our choice! This day could never be replaced by anything but having our amazing video allows us to relive it everyday! Best decision we made for our wedding day! Thank you Focal Point Media!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2012