Flying Horse Catering Reviews

9 | Castle Rock, CO

9 Reviews for Flying Horse Catering

Effie · Married on 08/13/2011

Our wedding was beautiful and the food was AWESOME!!! We received so many compliments about the flavors and quality, especially the steaks! Our tables were set beautifully and the colors were perfect. They provided friendly and professional assistance throughout the entire process. The sales rep Debbie Dalla is an absolute sweetheart. I was able to mix and match a menu that was an elegant outdoor picnic style. Grilled steaks, salmon and several fresh salads. The tasting was easy to schedule and very helpful, and any changes or questions I had were answered quickly. The prices are comparable, and Debbie discussed many options for cutting costs.

Sent on 09/12/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/27/2009

Incredible customized menu. Worked with us on what we wanted to make the day special. Delicious food and tremendous service.

Sent on 01/02/2010

nikki · Married on 06/06/2008

Awesome co. Did not tell them it was for our wedding, instead told them dinner party and quote was $20 less for the food. We did buffet lasagna and it was $15 a person. Total for 139 guests, including all linens, plates, cups, etc was $4000

Sent on 07/28/2008

Bethany · Married on 06/02/2007

This company is amazing! They are very easy to work with and will help you cut costs anywhere. Plus, their food is AMAZING. They will make whatever you want. I had a June wedding with a turkey dinner. Not very traditional, but they were more than happy to do it!

Sent on 02/07/2008

Crystal · Married on 08/18/2007

4.2
      3.0

We changed the order 2 or 3 times and they were always helpful.

Sent on 11/15/2007

Kristal · Married on 02/03/2007

4.2

Good food!! I'd recommend to a friend.

Sent on 01/08/2008

Paula · Married on 04/16/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

They have truly fair prices, but you get what you pay for. I have to go with it was just ok. The food tasted good, but not great for the value. My greater concern was with the serving staff. They were professional, but I wouldn't say overly friendly. And when the catering staff is serving cafeteria style and personally interacting with every guest, I guess I just expected a more. They were just like actual cafeteria staff.... not too thrilled to be there. The thing that I found truly upsetting was that our cake had been delivered with numerous to go boxes and the catering staff has worked aside this bakery vendor numerous times, so knew that, but they never told us there were boxes and never helped pack the leftover cake. We spent $500 on that cake and wasted over half. This is a fault on the bakery as well, but this isn't the first event these two vendors have worked together and the cake cutting was a catering responsibility and the bakey informed they knew about the boxes and have known this procedure before, so this was really disappointing and just a loss of money.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Flying Horse Catering's reply:

We are sorry that we found out about this 8 months later and don't recall the situation. We normally do repack the cake in the boxes provided and apologize for our lack of attention in that manner. We appreciate your feedback and after 20 years of catering, still strive to have the proper people with the proper training.

1.0
      1.0
      2.0

We should have noticed the last review was written in 2011.!!!!! Here is our story...It was three weeks since they had received our deposit and we was still waiting on answers, so I sent an email last Thursday, June 30th. Then my fiancé and I sent another email yesterday, July 7th, expressing our disappointment in the lack of communication, and requested our deposit back. Only to receive an email from Debbie informing us that they ..... "have been extremely busy and as your event is not until later this fall I did not know that you needed an immediate reply"... We've been waiting since June 8th for our first response, we weren't requesting an immediate response, just a response at all. Not to mention, Our wedding is in September, not "later this Fall", 2 1/2 months from now and we needed answers so we could get things rented and appointments made. Debbie completely missed the point we were trying to make about no communication.

I understand busy, I don't however understand never even touching base with us. I'm sure all my vendors are extremely busy, it's that time of year, but they responded within a couple of days. Everyone gets busy at work, you just find a way to get it all done.

Now, regarding our refund, she informed me they would review our request and get back with us today. We never heard another word. But, I did just receive a confirmation that my deposit was refunded. At least we got our money back and we're working with a wonderful new caterer as of yesterday, and we already have all of our questions answered. We can now proceed with getting everything ordered and finalized for our wedding...no more hold ups...what a HUGE relief!!!

I do have to share this really is a shame, because the initial conversation I had with the owner was amazing and he had me feeling like I found "the caterer". I guess the red flag should have gone up when it took a week from the time I spoke with the owner, before Debbie made her first call back to me.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Flying Horse Catering's reply:

We are sorry that this didn't work out and we did refund in total your deposit. We pride ourselves on responding in a timely fashion and when the initial call was made, our wedding planner was on vacation so yes, it did take a week to get back with this client. We have been in business over 20 years and this is the first that we recall that we have had this happen.

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2017

0.4
      0.5

They were suppose to deliver dinner 5PM ready to serve. I worked with Debbie who said everything was fresh ingredients, made from scratch by a professional chef. Their web site says "excellent food, very best upscale dinners". Debbie made sure I would not let the food set out and I was prepared to serve at exactly 5PM. They showed up at 4:09. I told them to take it back and bring it fresh at 5. That same food had been sitting in warmers for at least 11/2 hours before I received it and it was obvious. I ordered the following: 1. Roasted sliced seasoned tri-tip with sautéed mushrooms and onions in a red wine demi. Opinion - there was no mushrooms, peppers or onions or wine sauce it was plain gravy no vegetables. It was overcooked med/well-well done, very tough and stringy, hard to chew and eat, had no flavor.2. Herb Roasted Chicken Breast with fresh herbs and white wine sauce. opinion - it was good moist chicken, but nothing special. 3-Traditional mixed green salad with lettuce, shaved radish, sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, grated carrots, sliced red onion, buttermilk ranch dressing, and house-made vinaigrette. opinion - It was nothing but mixed greens with a minute amount of garnish on top, only the first 3 people in line got anything except plain mixed greens. Both salad dressings were very good. 4. Garlic mashed potatoes - Debbie assured me they were from fresh potatoes, and light and fluffy and delicious. My opinion - they were runny, way over salted, no garlic flavor, tasted like made from powdered potatoes with too much water added. Someone said they taste just like KFC's! They were disgusting. 5.Chefs vegetables tossed in white wine & butter. Debbie said it's usually an in season veggie medley. It was vegetables plural both on the web site and contract. My opinion- it was only green beans, very under cooked, stringy, not tender and no flavor, no sauce. 6-fresh rolls opinion- fair 7- gravy opinion- just okay. The food was sub-standard!

Sent on 09/13/2017