28 Reviews for Flying Caballos Ranch

Clean Up (2)
Set Up (2)
Event Planning (1)
28 Flying Caballos Ranch Reviews

Flying Caballos Ranch is a wonderful setting for any wedding! Sarah and Tori were so genuine and sweet that I knew my special day was in good hands. The ceremony space was green and lush and everything started on time. The bistro lights created the perfect ambience during our dinner and reception and all of the décor was set up exactly how we wanted it! What really stood out to me was the unique experience of staying at the property for the whole weekend. I loved that my entire bridal party was able to wake up together in the farmhouse and immediately begin the exciting day. It was also wonderful knowing that mine and my fiancé’s families were close by in the guesthouse and studio. Our wedding was flawless and I can’t wait to return to Flying Caballos for the weddings of our friends!

Profile Picture Heather, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was magical and had so much space to work with. My guests absolutely loved it and and it gave us great photos with the property being so big. Being able to rent the houses and get ready on site made the day stress free especially with staying close to the timeline. Sarah the coordinator for this venue is so attentive and knows so much about the property and weddings in general. As a package they were everything my groom and I hoped for:) He actually says he ll be booking the property again for future events.

Profile Picture Jessica , 3/31/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved our experience at Flying Caballos Ranch. Getting to stay on the property for 3 nights made it feel like we were at home, and made our experience that much more special. Sarah was wonderful to work with and made sure everything came together perfectly on our wedding day. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had such a wonderful experience at the Flying Caballos, we didn’t want it to end! Sarah is great to work with- organized and on top of it, and she knows all the best people to work with in the area. We recommend staying for three or four days if you can, to really soak it in! Thank you so much Sarah, we hope to be back soon!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I chose FCR as our venue before we even were able to visit it in person and it was the best decision we ever made! Working with Sarah throughout the process made everything a breeze and every question we had was quickly answered and seamlessly handled. We had the weekend of a lifetime celebrating with our closest friends and family and loved that it felt like so much more than just a wedding day. We have the fondest memories of the ranch and hope to renew our vows there in the future decades to come. Thank you FCR for the perfect wedding venue!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding at Flying Caballos was an absolute dream. I had been eyeing the venue for about 7 years, so I was very excited to finally get to have our wedding there and it to exceed my expectations. We wanted our wedding party and families to be able to stay on the property so we could really enjoy the entire weekend together. The weather was perfect and the hills were still green in late May due to the large amount of rain we had all winter. People had warned us about the wind in Edna Valley, but our day had a very light breeze. The location is perfect because you feel like you are out in the country, but you are only 10 minutes from downtown SLO. I wish I could go back and re-live the entire day again. We hope we can come back and book a weekend getaway soon.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I celebrated our wedding with a weekend at Flying Caballos in April! It was amazing! We were able to host a BBQ, wedding, and brunch for all of our wedding guests. People still tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to and we had an incredible time!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a beautiful and unique property. Perfect for a full weekend getaway. Glad there were enough sleeping rooms for our bridal party. Sarah was wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture User7488896, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Getting married at Flying Caballos was an absolute dream! It was a perfect, romantic, rustic setting for our day, and we got so many compliments from friends and family on the venue. The farmhouse is so bright and vintage, it makes the perfect backdrop for the day and we used it as a home base from my bridesmaids and I to stay in and get ready. The other houses are fantastic as well, especially the converted water tower a.k.a. honeymoon suite! Where else can you find something as charming and unique as that?! The stunning hills made a gorgeous backdrop for our ceremony, and we had everything we needed for a full weekend of activities. The hot tub is a fun bonus too! It's also a fantastic price for all the time and included amenities you get--worth every penny. At most other venues/ranches, you'd be paying the same price or more for just 10 hours and without any accommodations included. If you want a beautiful wedding venue full of character, but that can also be transformed into anything as unique and personal as you can imagine, go with Flying Caballos.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

This venue was WELL worth the cost. We didn't need to have nearly as many flowers, decorations, etc. because the space is so incredibly stunning. My guests couldn't stop talking about it for months. We hired Sarah, the location manager, as our coordinator, which was the best decision. Having someone who knew all of the ins and outs of the venue and had great relationships with the vendors put my mind at ease for any problems that might arise. Everything went perfectly smooth and I had the best time at my wedding. My friends camped on the grounds and loved the outdoor showers, campfire, and the hot tub in the trees. And I loved the bridal tower, felt like Rapunzel. If there ever was a reason to splurge for your wedding, this venue is it.

Profile Picture Mia, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Instead of just getting married at Flying Caballos, make a weekend out of it! We had our immediate families and wedding party stay for the weekend (had a couple days to hang before the ceremony). It was the best, most peaceful weekend that I've had in a long time. Beautiful location, wonderful service from the Flying Caballos team...couldn't ask for more. We love the character of Flying Caballos--it's such a unique venue that we will cherish for years to come. We're already planning our 5-year anniversary trip with our wedding party!

Profile Picture Michael, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

Flying Caballos Ranch was the MOST perfect location for an extended wedding weekend with our closest family and friends! From the moment we stepped on the property for the first time we knew it was the perfect fit for us--the charm and character stood out from all other venues we looked at.

The staff, Sarah and Tori, were amazing throughout the planning process and the execution of the event. They really have it down and were super accommodating and flexible with our requests to help make it, in my mom's words, "the most glorious day!" The price seemed a little intimidating to us at first, but for a full weekend enjoying the property, the big wedding day event, staff, amenities, etc. onsite it is a steal and by far the best option we looked at in the San Luis area.

We are ready to go back for an Anniversary celebration!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 2/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

This place is a dream come true.. so charming and filled with adorable details that make you feel as if you jumped in a time machine to the 1950's.

We came down from San Francisco for a wedding weekend, and I would do it all over again if I could! The highlights:

+ Weather was perfect; a little windy in the afternoon but nothing outrageous. We didn't need any heaters at night, but apparently there is usually fog that rolls in this time of year
+ The "yard" around the main house was nicely landscaped for our reception
+ Fire pit on the property is so lovely at night!
+ We arrived Thursday, checked out Sunday, and enjoyed a lovely evening with family Thursday night. This was great for seeing what the lighting was like a nighttime
+ Houses were very clean and ready for our arrival
+ EVERYONE that came to our wedding raved about the venue
+ They offered to switch the colored light bulbs out for us to all white-lights. SO helpful!
+ The owner sent a handyman over to fix issues we had within the same day and even came by himself to make sure it was all taken care of
+ We had the water tower as our wedding night "suite" and it was like a dream... I had happy tears in my eyes the whole morning.

Sarah was wonderful to work with and made the last few months of planning so easy... even after just having a baby!! Thank you Sarah!!

If you want the perfect wedding day, with an amazing property to enjoy in the days prior to your wedding... this is it. We couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

This past summer I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in a wedding held at this very special ranch. The spaciousness of the property, combined with the three separate accommodations made it not only an incredible space to host the wedding , but also the perfect setting for an unforgettable weekend for family & close friends to celebrate, enjoy each others company and stay comfortably all together in a beautiful location. Between the outdoor grill, the hot tub & plenty of space for lawn games, our group spent most of our time outdoors enjoying the perfect SLO weather. The scenic setting of this ranch makes practically impossible to not to relax. The guesthouse and cottage, where family of the bride and groom stayed, were very nicely decorated & had everything you need for a comfortable weekend stay. I personally stayed in the main farmhouse with the bride and the rest of the bridal party. The warm & inviting layout of the home was ideal for preparing and having meals together, finishing up last minute wedding crafts & relaxing with the bride-to-be. The day of the wedding we had plenty of space to get all of us ready with hair stylists, makeup artists & photographers in tow. The bright colors and beautiful furniture of the rooms made for great pre-wedding photos. The wedding itself was magical & the property is laid out in such a way that each portion of the event had its own special location. From cocktail-hour near the farmhouse entrance, the ceremony in a scenic field overlooking the valley, a wonderful dinner in the backyard lit with strings of bulb lights & of course the dance floor…that was full as soon as the music started! One of my favorite things was the fire pit, which made for a cozy setting to catch up with friends and take in the beauty of the whole night. Overall, I couldn’t have had a better time at Flying Caballos Ranch and can’t wait to return. Members of the bridal party and I are already talking about renting the property for a long weekend.

Profile Picture User6217557, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the opportunity to stay at the Flying Caballos Ranch for a wedding Labor Day weekend 2015. The whole wedding party was so delighted that we all got to stay together for four days sharing meals in the bitchin kitchen and working together preparing for the Big Day. Family stayed in the Farmhouse as well as the Guesthouse and Cottage. We enjoyed how the 1950's retro-farmhouse theme spilled over into the rehearsal dinner BBQ we had outside under the amazing trees that were all lit up with globes from "back in the day". If you had brought your dancing shoes the built-in dance floor was ready for you.
I can't say enough about Sarah, the Property Manager/Event Co-ordinator. She was so helpful to all of us. She had the uncanny knack of anticipating our needs and met them all. I've never seen anyone run around and get so much done. She's not only efficient and professional she has a great sense of humor and we love her sunny disposition. Weddings can be stressful for sure, but she had us laughing and saw to it that the whole day went smoothly.
The huge trees, old out-buildings and rolling hills made for lovely backgrounds for the photographer. Everywhere you look you would see amazing photo opportunities. I think the fire pit was one of my favorite areas of the property for gathering, toasting, making s'mores and keeping the party going. I was surprised how many family members thought to bring a swimsuit.........the hot tub got lots of use after a long day of setting up for the wedding.
I will say this; when the sun starts to go down the ambient light around the farmhouse was breathtaking. We have spectacular photographs of one of the most special days ever.
When family gets together we reminisce and have already started to put together plans for a reunion back at the Ranch.

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with this place the moment we got there! We loved the fact that we could have the property for multiple days and could house so many while we were there. The property is beautiful.

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I were married at the Flying Caballos Ranch on May 16, 2015. It's a day (and entire weekend) we will never forget. The pictures of this place don't do it justice. We immediately fell in love with FCR because it was rustic and had tons of charm. After looking at venues all over the Central Coast, this was actually the very last one we looked at. We almost didn't visit because we had seen so many places and were ready to just sign-off and pick a random one, be done with it.

But there was something different about FCR...it's just somewhere you can see a wedding from start to finish. The flow of the place is amazing. People moved from ceremony, to cocktails, to dinner, and to dancing so easily and fluidly. Nobody was confused or had to be told what to do. It's all easy going here. All of our guests just seemed to be in a great mood. Love was in the air...and the charm of this place reinforced that.

We had the entire property for 3 days. Our whole wedding party stayed, scattered across the three houses. To have your close family and friends here for the entire weekend made it that much better. Everybody was happy that they didn't have to pay for a hotel room. It brings you and your wedding party close together and means a lot to them. There are tons of things to do around the property and you are only 5-10 minutes from downtown SLO. We setup a slack-line in the yard. Everybody loved it. The guys played pool and cornhole, of course with beers in their hands. The girls gossiped, got pretty in the old farm house, and drank underneath the trees. Did I mention there is an awesome hot tub as well? Happy happy happy.

Profile Picture Bryan, 5/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel

Gorgeous venue, rustic, charming farmhouse and two extra dwellings, fully furnished, ample room for guests.
Huge yard beautifully landscaped and decorated. Incredible views.
Great off season rates.

Profile Picture Denise, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I looked at 10 other venues before stumbling across Flying Caballos. We knew immediately this was the place we wanted to get married. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the flexibility they provide make it a fun backdrop to whatever kind of wedding you envision. Being able to rent the property for 3 days makes your wedding weekend that much more fun. We had 17 of our closest friends stay on the venue with us and it made for an unforgettable weekend not only for us but for our friends as well. We have received SO many compliments on the venue from our guests. They all loved it and can't stop talking about how amazing the venue was!
Working with the venue coordinator, Krysta was such a refreshing experience. She had so many great ideas, was super responsive and a great help the day of the wedding! Having her there was such a relief that we didn't have to worry about anything going wrong at the venue. Flying Caballos is really a one of a kind of venue and helped us have the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/19/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Krysta was A-mazing! She was very available and responsive to any questions and concerns. She was there the day of to make sure vendors were on time and set up and she even helped set up. She mad sure everything was running smoothly and everyone was having a great time. The venue provided some rentals as well that really helped save on costs.

Profile Picture User4194034, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

This is the most incredible venue site! The property is just stunning and everything is meticulously cared for. The places to take photos are never ending. Seriously, leave yourself a lot of time for photos! We worked with the new site manager, Krysta, who was wonderful. We were the first wedding she handled and she went above and beyond to support us and make sure everything was perfect. She was flexible, responsive and accommodating with all our changes, needs and requests. We rented the big house for two nights and the guest houses for three so all our families were able to stay on site. We held a rehearsal lunch on Friday afternoon which was fabulous. The backyard is so beautiful, warm and inviting. Our guests had an amazing time and got to know the property. It was fun showing off the space. We had our wedding the next day. We held the ceremony in the backyard of the guest house which was shielded from the wind and looked out on the vineyard. We also chose to set up a tent right beyond the white fence. This was the right decision since it was chilly and ended up raining at the end of the night. The tent was stunning with two peaks and clear sides so you could see the sunset. Our guests were warm and happy! Overall it was the perfect wedding! I would highly recommend this site and Krysta, she was awesome.

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is an amazing venue! Joleen was so easy to work with and made sure we had everything we needed. Our bridal party stayed with us at the houses on the property so it truly felt like a weekend celebration. The property is gorgeous and I would highly recommend the Flying Caballos for a wedding!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Flying Caballos was the perfect place for our wedding because of the flexibility it offers. Our wedding was a bit of a destination wedding with people coming from as close as LA and as far as South America so we liked that at least our families and bridal party would not have to pay for hotel rooms. Everyone stayed on site, including our dogs! Not having to worry about taking our ring bearer pup home after the ceremony was a huge plus for us. The house and property are beautiful and well maintained and have every amenity imaginable. Even the hot tub got some use! If you're looking for a totally unique wedding venue where you can have free reign to do what you like then Flying Caballos is for you.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

We are SO GLAD we decided to have our wedding at Flying Caballos. We stayed onsite with most of our bridal party for the few nights prior to the big event, which gave us all an awesome opportunity to kick back, relax, and feel at home on the ranch.

Of course, this isn’t hard to do, since the place has been so lovingly restored and there are so many wonderful details about it that made it really fun for our friends and family to hang out. We live in Los Angeles so ours was effectively a destination wedding for our 110 guests, who were all completely charmed by the venue and awestruck by the overall country setting (we lucked out with an absolutely gorgeous day at the end of summer).

Because ours was a DIY party too, it totally helped that the Flying Caballos folks have been very mindful about setting the property up for events, with a wine cellar, good-sized permanent dance floor, outdoor heaters available for rent, ample outdoor power outlets, fantastic tree lights & gas torches around the year, and a great indoor-outdoor sound system to boot. That fire pit and second-story hot tub are also not to be overlooked!

We’ve even been talking about coming back just to use the place as a vacation rental—to that end, the beds & linens were all so comfortable, the kitchens were fairly well appointed, and everyone staying on the ranch kept scampering from house to house to check out the great art on the walls in each place. My new husband and I splurged on the wedding night and stayed out in the water tower suite, which was actually really fun (and bigger than we remembered it from one of our scouts).

So if it’s within your budget and you’re hoping to host your event at a unique, surprisingly convenient place that makes you feel transported to somewhere else entirely, we’d wholeheartedly say “go for it” at Flying Caballos—it’s a remarkable place and we hope we’ll be back there again sometime.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/29/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joleen was great to work with and I just loved the vintage farm house! It made the perfect backdrop to my dream wedding!

Profile Picture Vania, 9/8/12, 5 Reviews