FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys Reviews

86 | Orange, CA

86 Reviews for FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2008

Very nice people, easy to work with. The initial meeting is great, they show you lighting, DJ videos so you can choose the style you like and are very flexible as long as you communicate with them. Our DJ, Teena Shoobs, was absolutely amazing. Love her!

Sent on 08/04/2009

Marissa · Married on 04/21/2012

Larry, the president of FBN, was very accommodating with my many requests, which led me to add more and more services I desired as the day approached.

Carlos, our day of DJ, was referred to me by my MoH - and he did not disappoint. He kept the dance floor packed and the chit chat down to a minimum. I was very, very pleased with the day of choice!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Anne · Married on 06/25/2005

3.5

I really liked that we were able to view videos of each DJ's work before actually selecting one. Our DJ Ryan was professional but laid back and we really appreciated that he let us do whatever we wanted. He went along with our track lists and made everything sound very nicely put together. Overall he was very flexible and helpful. I would use these guys again any time!

Sent on 05/18/2008

amanda · Married on 03/06/2010

4.2

Larry was awesome and ended up djing our wedding because we weren't excited about any of the other cheesy options. He spent a while with us and helped us work out details and music selections. We were demanding as far as what music he could and couldn't play. Everyone loved the music and I think he did a really nice job overall. He is a great guy

Sent on 06/26/2010

Sydney · Married on 06/08/2014

Fly by Night was one of options on the required DJ list for our wedding at The Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs.

After interviewing quite a few options, we settled in on Fly by Night due to their price, professionalism, and variety with DJs & music. We did struggle on selecting a specific DJ, as many of the DJs we were interested in were not available or no longer working. However, then Larry, the owner of FBN, offered himself up as a DJ - and it was a match!

Larry was great at helping us finalize both our special songs and the general playlist for the night. We're two people who don't necessarily know what kind of music we like - but we definitely know what we DON'T like! After patiently sitting through a full music session with us, Larry hit it out of the park at our reception - the music was perfectly in tune with what we were looking for.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Laurin · Married on 06/13/2009

2.0
      3.0

I selected Fly By Night after seeing Ryan Boone do a friends wedding. He did an excellent job so we decided to go with the same company. A lot of work went into the planning of the music for our reception, so we were very disappointed when the dj we selected did not follow through on our selections. Fly By Night gives you a packet of music to fill out prior to your wedding. There is one sheet you fill out where you write in your selections for special dances (i.e. first dance, father daughter, bouquet toss, etc.). There is another section where you go through hundreds of songs and use a check off list to select the other songs you would like played during dancing. We spent about 5 hours selecting the music we wanted played. It was very disappointing that the dj did not play a single song off of our checkoff sheets during free dancing. The DJ did play the specific songs we selected, but did not play the check off list. Leading up to the wedding, everything was great with Fly By Night. I received emails on a regular basis to check in on the planning. They were very friendly and very easy to work with. I would still recommend the company, but I would go with Ryan.

Sent on 07/20/2009

Tanya · Married on 11/06/2010

3.8
      3.0

Set up was really late. Did not arrive until a few minutes before. Loved the music, DJ was professional and great throughout the night. A little behind the times though with a messy table of cd's sprawled out.

Sent on 12/12/2010

FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys's reply:

Our contracted time of service for this wedding was 6:30pm - 11:30pm. FLY BY NIGHT default set up is an hour prior to contracted start time. Because the wedding was 1.5 hours driving time out of our service area, our operations thought it best to stretch the set up by a half an hour (5:00pm) to accommodate delays. Our technician was on property at 5:10pm but located the banquet hall at approx. 5:25pm. That provided one hour and five minutes of set up time for a basic sound system for 100 guests. Our staff did not arrive minutes before the wedding. This wedding was of particular focus as it was a wedding for an associate and repeat client. All involved took particular care of this client. Furthermore, the logistics of performing a wedding a full two hours away from our company's headquarters is delicate with little room for error. Our staff showed poise and professionalism and in no way impacted negatively on the outcome of this wedding. And lastly, the poorest scores received in this review are Responsiveness and Professionalism. Two areas where FLY BY NIGHT definitely shines. This is contrary to all correspondence (all of which we document) from the bride and groom throughout the planning process.

FLY BY NIGHT cares about it's clients deeply and despite the facts being different than described in this review, we are truly sorry that this client felt disappointed enough to submit this (somewhat) negative review.

Sincerely,

Larry C. Barnett
    President, FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys

Gennifer · Married on 09/08/2007

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

I will never make the mistake of considering a DJ due to price, go all out on the budget for DJ. This vendor was very responsive and respectful. The meeting I had to pick a Dj and go over their services was very professional and a great presenation. Any vendor you choose for the DJ, be sure that the package includes on-call or on-site tech support. Our DJ had issues with the speakers. Right when people had finished eating and were ready to dance, the music went dead for like 45 min! Half of our guests left because there was no music and the room was dead. Even though we got things going, it really set the tone for the night, it really put a damper in the evening and I was sad to see many people leave. The positive is that they did not charge us for the services.

Sent on 05/29/2008

ShaJuan · Married on 10/28/2016

3.4
      3.5

Fly by Night Dj was included in our wedding package. I was already hesitant about the music process of our wedding since I already knew what type of music that I wanted and knew it was not going to be the average wedding that they were used to performing based on the list of songs that they provided as sample songs. To make it easier, my husband and I provided a list of songs to be played for the entire wedding from pre-ceremony to the last song to be played at the reception . We were not guaranteed our requested Dj, Nicolas due to his other priorities until weeks before the wedding. My concern was that there was no Dj at the rehearsal knowing that I had a lot of songs requested at certain points of the ceremony to figure out when to play and stop. I thought the music was too loud during the processional. I also never received the playlist which was promised. There were songs played that I didn't have on the playlist that were played during the dinner instead of songs that were on the playlist. During the reception, I thought Nicolas did a great job with crowd interaction and the flow of the reception.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Vanessa · Married on 06/22/2013

0.6
      1.0

I was very unimpressed with our dj services. We picked someone we thought would be professional and was told he was able to mix very well. We were asked to come up with our own playlist 2 days before our wedding; in addition we both requested that he mention that there were no requests. We mentioned that we had strong personalities that were attending our wedding and they would push. He said that he would diplomatically tell them no requests. His response at the wedding was "ask the bride for the okay" and so the guests started telling him that I said it was okay. Even though I had told him people would say that and WE STILL didn't want any requests. We told him that my father wasn't attending and then he played requests from my husband's uncle because my husbands uncle told him that he was the father of the bride. He even had a program with pictures/headshots of all the family members. He played items on our do not play list and didn't play items from our must play list.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/10/2011

0.6
      0.0
      1.0

Don't do it! They put on a very good presentation before you pay the deposit, but once they have your money they don't care about you. We had asked the owner to provide us with a mix tape for a funny dance we wanted to do. We sent the request two months before the wedding and received the mix less than a week before the wedding. You will have to ask the same question 10 times before you get an answer. We also provided music we would like played in addition to other songs. The dj was off eating, replaying the same songs over and over. He also played the wrong dance for the father/bride dance. And he showed up in jeans.

Sent on 09/14/2011