FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys Reviews

86 | Orange, CA

86 Reviews for FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys

Jaime · Married on 08/15/2010

We had a great experiance with Fly By Night DJ's! The were very responsive, and gave us a chance to pick our DJ based on our personalities. We picked Jaimes, who is very enthusiastic about his job. Everything went perfectly the day of. Altogether a good value for the money.

Sent on 09/10/2010

Kayci · Married on 07/18/2010

Best DJ ever! Fly by Night has a large selection of DJs, and the one we had originally requested had to cancel at the last minute due to a family emergency. Larry stepped in to DJ for us. He was absolutely amazing and kept the crowd dancing even during our outdoor Sunday afternoon reception. The price was more than reasonable, and I really loved the amount of say I had in every aspect of the music selection. I want to have another big party just so I can have Larry DJ for us again!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Marie · Married on 06/26/2010

The best! If I ever need a DJ service for anything this will be the only vendor I ever use. I had so many compliments about how wonderful the DJ was it was amazing!

Sent on 07/13/2010

Jonathan · Married on 11/15/2009

Our DJ Jaimes was great. Everything went off as planned. People commented on how much they enjoyed the music. This company allowed us to select a DJ that suited our needs. They also allowed us to hand pick songs that we wanted. The entire experience was very personal and customized just for us.

Sent on 11/25/2009
  • Sweet Mahogany

Molly · Married on 10/23/2009

My husband and I were so impressed at the first meeting that we booked with them right away. We had met with several other types of vendors and always walked away saying we would think about it before making the final decision. With Fly by Night, we were ready to book part way through the meeting. We were impressed with their organization and friendliness. We were comfortable right away. They have a great light set up and displayed it well. I hadn't thought about lights, but once I saw them in action, I couldn't resist. Their lighting prices are well priced.
    They were super helpful with our music selections. We met with Larry and told him a few things about the type of song we were looking for and he'd play a few for us until we found the perfect one.
    Our DJ, Ray, was awesome! Great attitude, fun to have at my wedding. I even changed the father daughter song with him right before the reception and he was really helpful and just made me feel special.
    The night went smoothly, no problems at all. I have a family that I didn't expect to dance, but he got them up and dancing.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2009

They were very professional and very quick to respond to any and all questions/requests. They did a great job and had our dance floor packed. Very happy.

Sent on 09/17/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2009

They went out of their way to make our day great. During the fianl consultation they played every option we could ever want and made everything we wanted happen! My golf loving husband even walked his grandmother and mom down the aisle to the master's theme song. They allowed our wedding to be so personal and fun. We were originally going to book a string quartet and it fell through last minute. Ray (our DJ) just added on the service and I'm so glad we did that, it was the biggest blessing in disguise. Also, the party was still going at midnight and Ray stayed an extra hour with 10 minutes notice - Fly By Night is amazing!

Sent on 07/31/2009

Emily · Married on 05/09/2009

They were wonderful! Great to work with and the DJ the day of was fantastic.

Sent on 05/29/2009

Kristen · Married on 03/14/2009

From the very beginning Fly by Night was very accomodating. You get to choose your DJ from a video of them at an event. We chose Tina and more on her later. Fly by Night was very good about keeping touch through emails and phone calls. This was great because we all know how busy brides can be. They then sent out a list of songs that we wanted for our reception. We chose some unique songs but they were more than accomodating. They played all of the songs that we requested. Tina our DJ was amazing. She was so comfortable with the crowd, it felt like she was apart of the family by the end of the night. She made of the announcements (cake cutting, first dance, etc.) that really helped our guests know what was going on. She was also great about filling dead air/time. For example, we had a little issue busseling my dress but thanks to Tina no one knew except for me and the coordinators. TINA WAS GREAT!!!

Sent on 03/31/2009

Jennifer · Married on 11/22/2008

Ray made our evening a memorable one by playing a great mix of songs. They were very helpful with assiting us in choosing various songs for our special day.

Sent on 11/18/2009
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/01/2008

Ray and Larry were so great to work with. You can tell that they really love their work and believe in their product. Their attention to detail ensures that you will get exactly what you want. They are very reasonably priced especially considering the amout of prep they put into your event. Danny, who was the actual DJ of our wedding was perfect. Everyone loved him and he kept the party going til the end. He was funny, outgoing, and so nice. We also paid extra to have a karaoke machine. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Eddie · Married on 12/03/2017

Larry is the man you want as your DJ! We met beforehand to solidify exactly what we wanted from pre-ceremony to the last song of the reception. (He had great suggestions when we didn't know what we wanted too.) And when we showed up on our wedding day, we never had to think twice about anything!! And on such a crazy and special day, that's exactly what we wanted. Everything went smooth as silk because he's a real professional. But he's also a great MC! And even when I threw in some ad lib moments, he was right there with me! AND the dance floor was jumping with our guests the whole time!! I even asked him to play some obscure songs and he knew them! If you want your wedding in good hands, this is your guy!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Greg · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Fly By Night for our wedding in May and had Larry as our Master of ceremonies, and needless to say, we couldn’t be happier with the memories that he helped shape. He got everyone on the dance floor. Larry even played our special request music of Hanson, to which he was sure it would flop, but we loved the look on his face when he was taking video to show the other DJs of FBN that yes, people still do dance to Hanson at weddings.
    Larry took an interest to get to know us as a couple and helped form a playlist to keep our guests grooving on the dance floor all night long.
    We absolutely recommend Fly by Night Djs (especially Larry) to enhance your event, whether it be your wedding or party. They’ll make everyone leave with smiles and make your event that much more memorable.

Sent on 06/08/2017
  • Katie L

Katie · Married on 06/08/2013

We picked to work with Larry and Jaimes from Fly By Night DJ because their rates were reasonable, they had many different people to choose from, and they gave us just what we needed, someone to guide our day seamlessly and with flexibility.
    We met with Larry originally to talk about our styles of music and the feeling of our wedding day. From that conversation, he suggested two DJs from his list of professionals under their umbrella. We chose Jaimes to work with and he gave us the confidence that he would be able to fall into place if something came up on that day for Jaimes. Having a long list of DJs to pull from, this was comforting to us.
    After filling out some homework and sending everything in, we wait to hear back and that took a bit of time. In the end, making a call got us a response and a second interview, this time with Jaimes.
    Jaimes is a great entertainer and a wonderful personality for weddings. Ours was an outdoor wedding and he was able to command and guide the wedding along without any issues. He came to us when he needed to confirm something on our playlist otherwise he was able to make some good calls throughout the night. He remained flexible and able to keep the dance floor jumping.
    We've already recommended Fly by Night DJs to friends and family and we've heard nothing but wonderful things from our guests about the music and how much fun they had.

Sent on 08/08/2013

katie · Married on 01/10/2010

They did a really good job with our wedding. The DJ was amazing, he kept the flow of the party going. They were also very professional and very helpful. We couldn't been happier that we chose them.

Sent on 03/03/2010

Jen · Married on 10/10/2008

They are wonderful! You get to go in and have a consult with the owner ( I think), and he will help you pick out all your music. It was especially great because we weren't too sure what a lot of songs were, and he walked us through the whole ceremony and reception. We had not met our DJ before he came to the wedding which I had been nervous about, but there was no need. He was excellent, friendly, and got people up and moving. They are a great DJ service.

Sent on 11/04/2008
  • Preston

Preston · Married on 05/26/2017

Jaimes was amazing. From the moment we first met with Jaimes to discuss our wedding, he was patient and extremely helpful. His suggestions for fun songs and guiding us through the wedding process made the entire process very enjoyable. We had a few hiccups (beyond Jaimes' control) during the wedding and he handled each one of them with professional grace. I would hire Jaimes again for any of our future parties, 100% recommend!

My only suggestion for the company would be to update the DJ personal videos. Jaimes' was great, but the others felt like I was watching some of my parents old VHS tapes.

Sent on 06/09/2017

We wanted an Master of Ceremonies, not just a DJ, the difference being that an MC will take chances with music selections, get people moving and will even stop all music and dancing in order to get everyone engaged in the party. They delivered big time on that! - PS: Get everything in writing, they might try to nickle and dime you if things aren't clearly outlined.

Sent on 06/20/2016
  • F

Erin · Married on 11/05/2011

I found Fly by Nights DJs through David's Bridal. And all I can say is WOW. It was perfect. They let you go through all the music and pick what you want to hear and, more importantly, what you do NOT want to hear. Our DJ played everything we wanted and was great as the MC. He kept us informed of all the events throughout the night. This way we could enjoy ourselves without having to worry when we had to do something.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Nathalie · Married on 08/08/2009

The DJ that came to our wedding was fantastic. Ryan Boone. We loved him. He put on a great show and had the crowd cheering for us the whole time! We had some specific requests at the last minute and Ryan truly made our night!

Definitely recommend Ryan as your DJ!

Sent on 01/07/2010

Heather · Married on 05/03/2008

Fly By Night are one of those companies the really love what they do and go above and beyond with there customer service. My husband and I are big music people so the DJ was very important to us...we needed someone who was willing to really work with us and what we had in mind vs. just doing what THEY wanted at our wedding ( which was how a lot of DJ's are) fly By Night was perfect for us. They have been in business for a long time and have several different DJ's on staff to help find one that really fits your style. The guys in the office are super friendly and helpful no matter how many times you call and bother them (haha) They meet with you twice before your wedding and have you fill out a detailed questionnaire with all your preferences. They also have great suggestions and will sit with you and go through music until you find the exact songs that you want. The wedding day the dance floor was packed from start to finish!! All the guests had a great time and we loved the music too! I recommend Fly By Night to everyone looking or a DJ, they are always a good fit.

Sent on 03/19/2009

Nena · Married on 07/08/2011

Fly By Night provided DJ services for my wedding at Paradise Point Resort in San Diego. They communicated well with me, as I lived 7 hours north, and was making wedding arrangement on the phone and through email. They also were willing to sit down and meet with me prior to the wedding to figure out specific song choices for special moments at the reception. They were helpful in offering suggestions by learning what our music likes and dislikes. Fly by Night also provided music for the ceremony, created a GOBO light for the reception and did up-lighting for the reception room to match my wedding's accent color. I highly recommended the GOBO light and up-lighting...it really gave the reception that extra "something" that made everything seem perfect.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Katie · Married on 10/23/2010

FBN was wonderful. They have a very professional business and were flexible with me. I had a lot of "requests" and they never seemed annoyed or put off by me. Very nice to work with!

Sent on 11/17/2010

The company was great, the music was great. My only complaint is that my top 15 songs to be played were played while we were eating. I had requested soft classical/country for dinner time, but instead heard my dancing songs. Luckily our best man ran over and said to not play those songs anymore. Our DJ was good, but he missed calling out one of our bridesmaids and groomsmen when walking in, so they walked in after we (the bride and groom) already had walked in. We had asked that halfway through the father/daughter and mother/son dance that he call all father/daughters and all mother/sons up. It was a great way to involve all guests, and after our father/daughter dance we had groups of people waiting for the mother/son dance!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Allison · Married on 02/26/2011

Fly By Night DJ service was excellent. Tina put on a great show for my wedding and was very engaging. Larry was absolutely wonderful to work with. He helped me with all the details from picking the perfect DJ to picking the best lighting. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/08/2011