65 Reviews for FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (1)
65 FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys Reviews

Larry was the best DJ we could have asked for. He came highly recommended by the Vintage Rose, our wedding venue, and we could definitely see why. He knew all of his music very well, he was such a pleasure to work with, he was attentive and kind- a true professional! He had two consultations with us over facetime before the wedding to refine what kind of a DJ personality and music we were looking for, and delivered the day of. I think a good DJ is like a good soccer goalie. When they're doing their job right, no one notices but when they mess up, all eyes are on them. Larry came and went and brought the soundtrack to our wedding to life without calling any attention to himself. What a lovely man. Thank you Larry, from the bottom of our hearts!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 3/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry is the man you want as your DJ! We met beforehand to solidify exactly what we wanted from pre-ceremony to the last song of the reception. (He had great suggestions when we didn't know what we wanted too.) And when we showed up on our wedding day, we never had to think twice about anything!! And on such a crazy and special day, that's exactly what we wanted. Everything went smooth as silk because he's a real professional. But he's also a great MC! And even when I threw in some ad lib moments, he was right there with me! AND the dance floor was jumping with our guests the whole time!! I even asked him to play some obscure songs and he knew them! If you want your wedding in good hands, this is your guy!!

Profile Picture Eddie, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was such a fun and enthusiastic Dj. He played all the music we requested and was very professional.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jaimes was the DJ for our July 4 wedding. We met with him ahead of time to review the music -- he was well prepared with suggested music lists for the ceremony and each part of reception (first dance, etc.). When we picked a few songs not on the list, Jaimes either had them already or acquired them. We also hired them to do mood lighting for the venue which made the room feel elegant. The night of the wedding, Jaimes managed the pace for event -- and made a few on-the-fly changes as the schedule moved around. Definitely worth every dollar!

Profile Picture David, 7/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jaimes was amazing. From the moment we first met with Jaimes to discuss our wedding, he was patient and extremely helpful. His suggestions for fun songs and guiding us through the wedding process made the entire process very enjoyable. We had a few hiccups (beyond Jaimes' control) during the wedding and he handled each one of them with professional grace. I would hire Jaimes again for any of our future parties, 100% recommend!

My only suggestion for the company would be to update the DJ personal videos. Jaimes' was great, but the others felt like I was watching some of my parents old VHS tapes.

Profile Picture Preston, 5/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We used Fly By Night for our wedding in May and had Larry as our Master of ceremonies, and needless to say, we couldn’t be happier with the memories that he helped shape. He got everyone on the dance floor. Larry even played our special request music of Hanson, to which he was sure it would flop, but we loved the look on his face when he was taking video to show the other DJs of FBN that yes, people still do dance to Hanson at weddings.
Larry took an interest to get to know us as a couple and helped form a playlist to keep our guests grooving on the dance floor all night long.
We absolutely recommend Fly by Night Djs (especially Larry) to enhance your event, whether it be your wedding or party. They’ll make everyone leave with smiles and make your event that much more memorable.

Profile Picture Greg, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Fly By Night to DJ our wedding vow renewal and it was the best decision ever! We met with Larry and were shown several DJ videos to choose from. We chose Jaimes Palacio and we couldn't have made a better choice. Jaimes really knows his music, is very personable, and has a wonderful ability to read the crowd. At our music meeting, he took a great deal of time guiding us and helping us choose the music that best suited every aspect of our ceremony and reception, from seating the guests to the last dance of the night. We had a very eclectic celebration, with a Princess Bride themed ceremony and a Nightmare Before Christmas reception. Jaimes made it all very cohesive and everything was perfect, from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Gail, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
3.5

Fly by Night Dj was included in our wedding package. I was already hesitant about the music process of our wedding since I already knew what type of music that I wanted and knew it was not going to be the average wedding that they were used to performing based on the list of songs that they provided as sample songs. To make it easier, my husband and I provided a list of songs to be played for the entire wedding from pre-ceremony to the last song to be played at the reception . We were not guaranteed our requested Dj, Nicolas due to his other priorities until weeks before the wedding. My concern was that there was no Dj at the rehearsal knowing that I had a lot of songs requested at certain points of the ceremony to figure out when to play and stop. I thought the music was too loud during the processional. I also never received the playlist which was promised. There were songs played that I didn't have on the playlist that were played during the dinner instead of songs that were on the playlist. During the reception, I thought Nicolas did a great job with crowd interaction and the flow of the reception.

Profile Picture ShaJuan, 10/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend Fly By Night, Jaime was a super star DJ who knew exactly how to run a wedding reception.
I was running out of time to find a DJ and received the best quote I could find in less than a week from this company. Larry is the owner who was very responsive and helped me choose which DJ would be best for our special night.
Jaimes was professional. We spoke for about an hour over the phone to get all the details covered. I actually had no idea how a wedding reception was supposed to flow. Jaime helped me understand what was traditional and then we planned an evening based off what I was comfortable with.
During the event, Jaime arrived right on time and stayed well after the event to pack up. He had fantastic energy and I could tell he went with the vibe of the evening. I had a blast, my brother to danced the bug on the floor and the photos from the night had such amazing energy thanks to the music supporting it.
Thank you for making our night so special!!

Profile Picture Jenae, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our first big decision with our wedding was to make the planning process as stress-free, yet personal as possible. To achieve this, my now husband (Mike) and I decided to us An All Inclusive Event. AAIE is a company that uses their highly “selected vendors” (floral, décor, catering, and DJ) to create your dream wedding with little to no stress. Their selected DJ was “Fly By Night”. Initially, Mike and I did not know what to expect from Fly By Night, since they were chosen by AAIE and not us (music was #1 for us out of all the vendors). However, after our first meeting with Larry of Fly By Night, and every meeting after including our wedding, we could not have been happier. Truly, we could not have chosen a more perfect DJ company our very selves. The entire team at Fly By Night (that I personally talked to) Cindy, Larry, Jaimes, and Johnny exceeded our expectations. Larry initially showed us the ropes of Fly By Night. Showed us videos of Fly By Night DJs, played music for us, and really showed passion about making each and every client happy. Cindy and Jaimes kept us in the loop our entire engagement. They sent us tips/tricks, help us make follow up appointments, and provided us with various papers; “Must Play Lists” “Processional/Processional Music” “Reception Music”, and even huge packet of majority of their songs to go through so Fly BY Night could make our wedding day as personal as possible. Now: Johnny, our day of wedding DJ. I could write pages about Johnny and how PERFECT he made our day. Everything was flawless from the processional to our last dance. Johnny was professional, kind, outgoing, helpful, self-aware, and passionate. From his incredible DJ voice, to making sure my husband and I felt comfortable during our walk-in, to timing certain dances if he knew they should end, and most important, to flawlessly rewinding my husband’s surprise dance when it began a tad early! Johnny, and the rest of the team at Fly By Night, YOU ROCK, and made our day the be

Profile Picture Rylee, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fly by Night DJ's executed our wedding perfectly. There was a very nice flow of music for each part of the night including ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Larry took the time to have several meetings with us listening to what we wanted and making suggestions for anything we weren't sure about. A DJ plays such an important role in a wedding night an we were grateful to have picked Fly by Night. Thanks again for the unforgettable night.

Profile Picture User7936408, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My name is Marsha and I've actually been in the process of putting together a fashion show and fund raising event for brides and grooms of all types. I just want to thank FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys so very much for their help with this event. The great office staff at Fly By Night, including Larry, Valerie, and Cindy have been most...most helpful in providing song choices for this event including perfect songs for the runway. I'd recommend Fly By Night Disc Jockeys to anyone who is planning a wedding. Their service is second to none.

Profile Picture Marsha, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation

We wanted an Master of Ceremonies, not just a DJ, the difference being that an MC will take chances with music selections, get people moving and will even stop all music and dancing in order to get everyone engaged in the party. They delivered big time on that! - PS: Get everything in writing, they might try to nickle and dime you if things aren't clearly outlined.

Profile Picture User6862280, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding in March will mark the third time we have used DJs from Fly By Night. They are always professional and fun to work with. Each DJ we have booked has given provided music that suited the crowds for each event. I can not say enough about how amazing they are!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 3/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We first met with Larry to go over what we were looking for and he gave us a few suggestions of DJs that he thought would work well with us for our wedding ceremony and reception. We chose Jaimes Palacio as our DJ for our wedding from Fly By Night. He was the perfect fit! We connected right away with our personalities and styles of music. My husband and I have a very eclectic taste in music; from video game soundtracks to alternative to swing/big band. Jaimes was able to play a mixture of everything that we and our guests loved. He was able to play everything on our must play list and the day went off without any issues. We loved the uplighting in the dancing area, it made it feel very elegant. The pricing was well below any other DJ business. Fly By Night Disk Jockeys were helpful, responsive and very professional. We are definitely going to use if we ever have another event.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jaimes was great as I knew he would be. Sorry you were trumped by the Surprise band that my husband and best friend booked, but it was all great.

Profile Picture User3158505, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great job Larry and Cesar. They were amazing to work with. They made it very fun.

Thank you guys.

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/1/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I used Fly by Night for our wedding-- and the experience truly was UNFORGETTABLE! From our initial meeting to even after the wedding, Larry, James and Valerie have been nothing but wonderful! From the initial phone call that was made is when James put me at ease. Being my first wedding and wanting nothing but the best for my future wife, James proficiency and kind heart won me over quickly. After several interviews with DJ’s at Bridal shows and feeling that I would never find that “perfect DJ”, that all dwindled as soon as I made the first call to Fly by Night. When we met Larry, we immediately knew we wanted him to do our wedding. We loved all of his ideas and he definitely understood and loved all of ours. This was very important to us because we knew that Larry would be controlling the flow of the entire night. Even after our first meeting, we left with extreme confidence knowing Larry would make our wedding perfect! When we went back for our "creativity session" a couple months before the wedding, Larry made everything super easy for us! Larry even mixed songs for us, just the right touch to make it personal and ours. We went in with a few ideas but Larry really did most of the work with just a little guidance from us. Even in emails I received from Larry, James and Valerie prior to the wedding, they were just as excited for our wedding as we were- which I loved. They ALL truly care! There's not much that I can say about the actual wedding day besides that it was absolutely amazing and perfect!! The music, the lights, everything! Fly by Night is just amazing... There is really no other way to put it. To be honest, after my wedding was over I told my wife that I was sad that we wouldn't be working with Larry anymore because he felt like a friend at that point!!!! I would highly recommend using Fly by Night for any event!! You will not regret it! :)

Profile Picture Ron , 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with Larry!! He is very detail oriented and takes the time to get to know how we envision our music for the day. What I loved most is that you can give him a general direction and then he came up with other great suggestions of artists and genres that helped us fill in the gaps. They also have a variety of other DJ's that are available to choose from to ensure that you get exactly what you are looking for on your big day

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry at FBN was awesome! He was so professional and knew exactly what type of music I wanted to set the mood at my wedding! Johnny was our DJ for the actual day and he did an amazing job! He got everybody dancing and played great music the whole night! He was so fun and we are so glad we had him at our wedding! Thank you fly by nights I would definitely recommended you for future brides!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry from Fly By Night is the best. My daughter's Vintage Carnival Wedding was made even better by Larry. He even dressed according to the theme. He was so accommodating at their planning meeting and played what they wanted not what he wanted. He made the night so much fun.

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry and the team at Fly By Night were wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fly by Night was one of options on the required DJ list for our wedding at The Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs.

After interviewing quite a few options, we settled in on Fly by Night due to their price, professionalism, and variety with DJs & music. We did struggle on selecting a specific DJ, as many of the DJs we were interested in were not available or no longer working. However, then Larry, the owner of FBN, offered himself up as a DJ - and it was a match!

Larry was great at helping us finalize both our special songs and the general playlist for the night. We're two people who don't necessarily know what kind of music we like - but we definitely know what we DON'T like! After patiently sitting through a full music session with us, Larry hit it out of the park at our reception - the music was perfectly in tune with what we were looking for.

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jaimes DJ'd our wedding and we couldn't be happier with the results. My partner and I have very specific taste in music and in the weeks leading up to our reception we provided three playlists to Jamies: one for the cocktail hour, one for dinner and a list of must-haves for dancing. Jaimes was very responsive and accommodating and at the reception he did a great job of playing all of the songs from our lists, while weaving in his own selections that fit our musical tastes.

What initially drew us to working with Jaimes is that other DJs we'd contacted were unfamiliar with much of the music we had asked for, whereas Jaimes was enthusiastic about and excited to play our music. Jaimes's enthusiasm resulted in a wonderful evening. We received many compliments from our guests on the music and the dance floor was consistently packed.

We would highly recommend Fly by Night, especially Jaimes!

Profile Picture Paul, 12/27/13, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I want to thank Fly By Night Disc Jockeys for the incredible job they did for our wedding. I would recommend them to anyone. Raymond Salas' relaxed, laid-back personality was welcomed to ensure that my wife, Cathy, was a happy bride. Thank you Raymond for an amazing job.

Profile Picture Conrad, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews