FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys Reviews

FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 6
FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 7
  • Ehimy

Ehimy · Married on 09/21/2019

Larry and Carlos Blew is Away!

For my sister’s wedding we had the privilege of working with Fly by Night. Larry is amazing! He was so easy to work with, made excellent recommendations, and listened to all of our suggestions. He helped us out by setting a timeline to the reception. We felt very well taken care of.

For the actual day of the wedding Carlos was our DJ. We only have have great things to say about Carlos! He was able to adapt and make any little changes we suggested. He communicated well not only with us, but the band and the catering company. He made our day so much easier! And he was so good at reading the crowd. We could not have asked for a better DJ. Thank you for making my sister’s day so special!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Jamie H · Married on 09/15/2019

Larry rocked it!

We worked with Larry at Fly By Night for our wedding in Orange County, CA. From the very start, Larry was excited and enthusiastic about our event and making sure everything went smoothly. Larry paid careful attention to our music preferences and put together perfect playlists for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing! I received so many compliments from our friends and family about how fun the music was! Larry also worked closely with our wedding coordinator so that he would have the schedule down -- it all went seamlessly and I didn't have to worry about a thing during our wedding. Most of all, Larry is a pleasure to work with. He is flexible and accommodated our sometimes difficult schedule since we live on the East Coast and are three hours ahead. He made our wedding very memorable! Thank you Larry! I hope to have the chance to work with Larry for another event in the future!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Chris Kurdziel · Married on 07/06/2019

Larry C. Barnett - DJ Extraordinaire

Perhaps the most important role of anyone's wedding reception is the person that runs the entire show, the DJ. He or she can make or break a reception. If they are good they will make a memorable experience for everyone, if they are bad they will make it memorable (for all the wrong reasons). I tried to research as much as I could to find a great DJ to make sure our guests were entertained as much as possible. I found Larry Barnett of Fly By Night DJs and I couldn't have asked for anything more. He knew his craft well (creating a little story but I'll put that at the end to not bore you). Larry made our night a fantastic experience, and we have received tons of compliments from our guests. I just wish I could've spent more time on the dance floor myself to enjoy.

Larry's best qualities were:
    Easy going and Easy to Work With - During the high stress time of wedding planning this was a relief.
    Flexible - He is open to all kinds of music and requests by the bride and groom
    Huge music choices - He has everything you'll ever need. We even had a polka lined up just in case (it was never used, but it was there if requested).
    Quick on his feet - all weddings have last minute hiccups or changes but that did not stop Larry at all, and he was able to quickly navigate through them so they were unnoticed by the guests
    Reads the crowd - He deftly changed between genres and types of music so all our guests danced, from the oldest generation to the youngest so everyone had a great time. i.e. he kept butts on the dance floor
    Made you the star of the show - this part certainly made it a lot more fun for the bride and groom

Over all I cannot stress enough how happy we were in hiring Larry to run our show as he certainly made it the Greatest Show.

TLDR: Larry has all the qualities for a great DJ. Hire Larry, you won't regret it.

Story: Larry is truly is a master of his craft. The bride wanted a specific song for final dance but when we met up with Larry in person we couldn't remember the song. All she could remember was that it was a woman singer and was featured in a lot of movies especially in the 90s and early 2000s. That was it. As hard as we tried we couldn't think of anything else. Of course this was at the end of the meeting, so I'm guessing Larry had figured out the type of music we like and he responds with "I think I know which song you're talking about." He typed on his computer and started to play This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole, which was the song we were talking about. This was enough proof to me that this man was the right choice for our wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Giovanny

Giovanny · Married on 03/03/2019

Best DJ Ever!!

DJ Larry C Barnett from Fly Night DJs was very friendly and was up to the task that we had given him, providing music that would accommodate a Korean and Latino crowd. And to our own surprise, he created the most dynamic dance floor we ever imagined to see. The whole crowd was dancing and he was mixing in a variety of music. He was able to read the crowd so well and observed how the party reacted to the music and kept at the level that kept everyone happy.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Rachel Lu · Married on 01/19/2019

Larry is an awesome DJ!

Larry did our DJ and MC at the Vintage Rose!
    He's not only professional but such a personable DJ! When we were indecisive on which songs to choose for our wedding ceremony and reception, he recommended many songs and made our wedding so perfect! He also did MC which meant he was really good at reading the flow of the wedding! He played all the songs at perfect timing and made our wedding so magical! Our wedding guests were very diverse with different background and different age range and he was able to create an environment where everyone had so much fun!
    Definitely recommend Larry for wedding DJ and MC!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Ryan Hudak · Married on 12/19/2018

DJ Larry is a great choice for a wedding DJ and emcee. He made the whole process enjoyable and we had lots of compliments on his music style and ability to motivate a crowd. I would recommend Larry to anyone looking for a large or small gathering. He is very affordable, quick to respond, and has a great attitude. Thanks again for creating or unforgettable evening.
    Ashley and Ryan

Elsa Nguyen · Married on 12/14/2018

AMAZING night with DJ Larry!

Thank you so much to Fly by Night! DJ Larry was the MC and DJ for our wedding and it was the most magical and fun night of our lives! Our family was dancing the whole night and DJ Larry consistently kept our wedding timeline going flawlessly. We were able to work with Larry before the wedding and he listened thoughtfully to all of our requests. Thank you again for such a great night!!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Amanda Fleming · Married on 12/01/2018

DJ Larry was a perfect DJ for my wedding!

DJ Larry was the perfect DJ! He did exactly what we wanted! He was professional and had a lot of fun! He was able to play all the songs i wanted at my wedding! There were no sound problems during the ceremony either! Everything was perfect! Thank you for making our day so special!

Claudia · Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience with Fly by night team 🤩

Larry was awesome and organized. He and his team made sure we had an amazing wedding. Carlos was our DJ and work with our band to make sure all the transitions went smoothly. Carlos read the crowd and kept the dance floor full throughout the night! Thank you Carlos and Larry for making our night stress free and special.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Shaun · Married on 09/28/2018

Larry did the MC'ing and DJ'ing for our wedding. Larry was very professional and listened to what our vision was. He gave his opinions on what he thought would work well with the music. He was a great MC and was able to direct our wedding without any issues. The music was great as everyone danced the whole night. Larry was very easy to work with. He took time out to meet with us in person when we were in town. Larry is the best! Thanks Larry for helping us make our day so special!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Madison

Madison Elliott · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Wedding DJ!

Larry was our DJ for our wedding in September and it was amazing! He did the lighting, ceremony sound, cocktail hour, reception, photo booth and bogo. The amount of detail and attention paid to our special day was incredible. His pricing is fair and he’s more than willing to work with whatever schedule, song, or events you have. You can pick all of your own songs or he has a fantastic list of suggestions and ideas. I would recommend him to anyone for any event! Thank you, Larry!

FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 8
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 9
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 10
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 11

Tiffany · Married on 06/21/2018

He was entertaining, prepared, and flexible!

We LOVED Larry for our wedding! He worked with us and help us through everything. He was also willing to work with me and my last minute “ideas” or changes that needed to be made.

Everyone loved his music choices, and he rolled with everything that happened. He was consistent, and met with us on time, every time, and was always responsive on email.

He really made our day amazing, and we were lucky to have him!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Debbie · Married on 06/19/2018

Larry is hands down the best DJ, he did all the music for our wedding ceremony and reception this week. He made sure he had our music choices, he kept things going our guests danced all night! I had specific music requests (start this song at 47 seconds in) and he flawlessly and most professionally took care of every small detail. Not one error! He kept the dance floor full. We loved Larry. Larry also offered a package with the photo booth and videographer. I don’t have our professional photos but here are a few from friends and family

Sent on 06/21/2018
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 12
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 13
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 14
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 15

Lorraine · Married on 04/21/2018

Larry is the Man!!

We were planning our wedding from across the country in New York when our venue connected us with Larry. We’re so lucky he was available and so accommodating. We planned most of our requests between email and FaceTime in the month leading up to our wedding. He did such a nice job of incorporating some of the cultural aspects into our music choices. With my Latino family in large attendance I wanted to ensure a variety and Larry had all of that.

The day came and not only was he great at keeping the energy up but my husband had connected with him and little did I know my husband wrote a song for me and sang it at our wedding in front of everyone!

We loved the connection with Larry and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/01/2019

David · Married on 04/21/2018

Truely a professional

We met Larry at a wedding and found his energy and read of the audience spot on. We wanted to introduce him to our son and future daughter in law for their reception. They hit it off and he knocked it out of the park at their reception as well. We have a diverse family and a mix of tastes, and he met the needs perfectly.

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Y

Yoona · Married on 04/06/2018

You will FLY with Larry

If you just give a small list of the type of songs you want for your night, Larry will deliver it 1000% on point. All the music was fantastic on our night because Larry has a good sense of song choices and is great in transitioning from one song to the next seamlessly!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Melanie · Married on 03/16/2018

Larry was the best DJ we could have asked for. He came highly recommended by the Vintage Rose, our wedding venue, and we could definitely see why. He knew all of his music very well, he was such a pleasure to work with, he was attentive and kind- a true professional! He had two consultations with us over facetime before the wedding to refine what kind of a DJ personality and music we were looking for, and delivered the day of. I think a good DJ is like a good soccer goalie. When they're doing their job right, no one notices but when they mess up, all eyes are on them. Larry came and went and brought the soundtrack to our wedding to life without calling any attention to himself. What a lovely man. Thank you Larry, from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Kelsy · Married on 11/10/2017

Can you say LIFE OF THE PARTY! Johnny was the BEST DJ we could have asked for! We got married November 10th 2017 and my wedding was amazing thanks to Johnny. He knows exactly how to keep people on the dance floor! I still have people asking me who my DJ was and I am STILL referring him out. I am going to use him again for another party I have coming up! If your still looking for a DJ look no further. They are so affordable and well worth it. They make you feel so welcomed and comfortable right in the beginning. I didn’t have to worry at all. Thumbs up!! P.S Johnny was always having a good time with my guest which kept my guest having fun!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 16
    FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys 17

Michael · Married on 09/02/2017

Jim was such a fun and enthusiastic Dj. He played all the music we requested and was very professional.

Sent on 09/17/2017

David · Married on 07/04/2017

Jaimes was the DJ for our July 4 wedding. We met with him ahead of time to review the music -- he was well prepared with suggested music lists for the ceremony and each part of reception (first dance, etc.). When we picked a few songs not on the list, Jaimes either had them already or acquired them. We also hired them to do mood lighting for the venue which made the room feel elegant. The night of the wedding, Jaimes managed the pace for event -- and made a few on-the-fly changes as the schedule moved around. Definitely worth every dollar!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Rylee · Married on 06/24/2017

Our first big decision with our wedding was to make the planning process as stress-free, yet personal as possible. To achieve this, my now husband (Mike) and I decided to us An All Inclusive Event. AAIE is a company that uses their highly “selected vendors” (floral, décor, catering, and DJ) to create your dream wedding with little to no stress. Their selected DJ was “Fly By Night”. Initially, Mike and I did not know what to expect from Fly By Night, since they were chosen by AAIE and not us (music was #1 for us out of all the vendors). However, after our first meeting with Larry of Fly By Night, and every meeting after including our wedding, we could not have been happier. Truly, we could not have chosen a more perfect DJ company our very selves. The entire team at Fly By Night (that I personally talked to) Cindy, Larry, Jaimes, and Johnny exceeded our expectations. Larry initially showed us the ropes of Fly By Night. Showed us videos of Fly By Night DJs, played music for us, and really showed passion about making each and every client happy. Cindy and Jaimes kept us in the loop our entire engagement. They sent us tips/tricks, help us make follow up appointments, and provided us with various papers; “Must Play Lists” “Processional/Processional Music” “Reception Music”, and even huge packet of majority of their songs to go through so Fly BY Night could make our wedding day as personal as possible. Now: Johnny, our day of wedding DJ. I could write pages about Johnny and how PERFECT he made our day. Everything was flawless from the processional to our last dance. Johnny was professional, kind, outgoing, helpful, self-aware, and passionate. From his incredible DJ voice, to making sure my husband and I felt comfortable during our walk-in, to timing certain dances if he knew they should end, and most important, to flawlessly rewinding my husband’s surprise dance when it began a tad early! Johnny, and the rest of the team at Fly By Night, YOU ROCK, and made our day the be

Sent on 07/25/2017

Gail · Married on 11/05/2016

We hired Fly By Night to DJ our wedding vow renewal and it was the best decision ever! We met with Larry and were shown several DJ videos to choose from. We chose Jaimes Palacio and we couldn't have made a better choice. Jaimes really knows his music, is very personable, and has a wonderful ability to read the crowd. At our music meeting, he took a great deal of time guiding us and helping us choose the music that best suited every aspect of our ceremony and reception, from seating the guests to the last dance of the night. We had a very eclectic celebration, with a Princess Bride themed ceremony and a Nightmare Before Christmas reception. Jaimes made it all very cohesive and everything was perfect, from beginning to end!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Jenae · Married on 10/09/2016

I would highly recommend Fly By Night, Jaime was a super star DJ who knew exactly how to run a wedding reception.
    I was running out of time to find a DJ and received the best quote I could find in less than a week from this company. Larry is the owner who was very responsive and helped me choose which DJ would be best for our special night.
    Jaimes was professional. We spoke for about an hour over the phone to get all the details covered. I actually had no idea how a wedding reception was supposed to flow. Jaime helped me understand what was traditional and then we planned an evening based off what I was comfortable with.
    During the event, Jaime arrived right on time and stayed well after the event to pack up. He had fantastic energy and I could tell he went with the vibe of the evening. I had a blast, my brother to danced the bug on the floor and the photos from the night had such amazing energy thanks to the music supporting it.
    Thank you for making our night so special!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Del · Married on 09/16/2016

Fly by Night DJ's executed our wedding perfectly. There was a very nice flow of music for each part of the night including ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Larry took the time to have several meetings with us listening to what we wanted and making suggestions for anything we weren't sure about. A DJ plays such an important role in a wedding night an we were grateful to have picked Fly by Night. Thanks again for the unforgettable night.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Marsha · Married on 08/14/2016

My name is Marsha and I've actually been in the process of putting together a fashion show and fund raising event for brides and grooms of all types. I just want to thank FLY BY NIGHT Disc Jockeys so very much for their help with this event. The great office staff at Fly By Night, including Larry, Valerie, and Cindy have been most...most helpful in providing song choices for this event including perfect songs for the runway. I'd recommend Fly By Night Disc Jockeys to anyone who is planning a wedding. Their service is second to none.

Sent on 09/08/2016