Flowers by Lucy Reviews

24 | Aberdeen, MD

24 Reviews for Flowers by Lucy

Diana · event on 04/16/2016

Flowers by Lucy is a wonderful business. The staff is very nice and very helpful.

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • User4561951 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I used Flowers by Lucy for our July 25th 2015 wedding. We could not have been more pleased with the end result. We work exclusively with Dawn, the florist in the Abingdon location, and she couldn't have been more helpful. I was able to show her some inspiration bouquets, and she was able to suggest seasonal flowers that would match my vision. Our guests commented on the elegant, colorful arrangements. Furthermore, I was able to take home a centerpiece and it's still (as of August 3rd) gracing my living room coffee table. I would highly recommend this vendor to future brides and grooms.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kaitlynn · Married on 06/20/2015

Robert at Flowers by Lucy was THE reason we booked our flowers with them! He walked us through the planning process step by step and thought of things I would never have even begun to think about! Robert personally worked with us to find the right flowers to create the look we were going for without breaking the bank. He helped us to stay in our budget and even honored our first quote price after we made changes. As if all of that wasn't enough, Robert even went out of his way to meet us half way between our house and the flower shop one evening so that we could sign our contract in person. Then, to no surprise, our flowers were beautiful!! The only problem I had was that I couldn't save them all and keep them forever!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Jamie · Married on 08/15/2014

Flowers by Lucy did a great job on our wedding. Everything looked perfect and arrived on time. Very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/08/2014
  • Erica R.

Erica · Married on 10/12/2013

Let me just say my flowers looked absolutely amazing. Jim, Robert, and Courtney did such a great job executing my vision. We got so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked. The Chuppah that Robert built, was breathtaking! The table arrangements with the luminaries underneath made it look so elegant. Jim and his team exceeded my expectations and more. Thank you for making my vision come to life.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Flowers by Lucy did an amazing job with our flowers!! They provided beautiful arrangements for our July wedding and were wonderful to work with. Dawn was an absolute joy and provided excellent advice. She arrived promptly on the day of the wedding and arranged gorgeous flowers around our cupcake display. We were so pleased with the results! Glad to recommend!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Nikki · Married on 10/27/2012

Flowers by Lucy, Aberdeen actually sent us to their Abingdon location. While talking and working with both stores, I was completely comfortable and at ease about the final product. I would recommend them to anyone! My flowers were goregous and looked amazing with my color scheme!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Joseph · Married on 10/20/2012

We are very happy with our experience with Flowers by Lucy. Tracey is very creative and did an excellent job on our centerpieces - vases with flowers inside. The price was reasonable, and everything went great on our wedding day. The only criticism I will give is that their e-mail communication must improve. There are 2 locations - Aberdeen and Abingdon - and it is helpful to be able to show our ideas through e-mail instead of going into the store. While we were eventually able to accomplish this, there were slight problems in receiving files from each other.

Everyone is friendly and helpful, so overall we rank Flowers by Lucy 5 out of 5. They will put together a great presentation for your event/wedding that won't break the bank.

Joe and Genene 10/20/12

Sent on 10/29/2012

Mandi · Married on 07/21/2012

Flowers by Lucy did an amazing job for my wedding flowers! I worked with Dawn at the Abingdon location and she was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. I met with her a few times and told her what I was envisioning and showed her a few pictures of what I liked. She was able to take that information and make my wedding flowers more beautiful than I could have imagined. We had a pretty large wedding so we needed 26 guest table centerpieces, 8 bridal bouquets, 10 cocktail centerpieces and multiple other arrangements and I felt like everyone of the arrangements came out beautifully. I really feel like Dawn and the other staff went above and beyond what we expected to make everything perfect. It has been about a month since our wedding and we are still receiving lots of compliments about how much people loved our flowers. I would absolutely use them again for any occasion and recommend Flowers by Lucy to anyone looking for a reliable florist that does beautiful work!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Kristen · Married on 08/27/2011

Flowers by Lucy did the flowers for our wedding on 8/27 and they were absolutely stunning. I'm still receiving compliments on my bouquets and centerpieces. They also delivered everything to us during a hurricane!! Jim and the team were wonderful to work with, everyone was very professional and responsive.

Sent on 08/30/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2011

They were wonderful to work with! The flowers were beautiful, very creative, on time, and willing to do what you want to make you happy.

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • PrincesaKim

Kim · Married on 07/03/2011

Flowers by Lucy did a fantastic job with my flowers! I went to one place that told me that I would not be able to have an arch, which was very disappointing because that was important to me. Lucy's told me that they absolutely could do one, and they really transformed my ideas into reality. Jim worked with us the most, and he put my stress to rest after finding out that my mother-in-law was making changes to the flowers without telling me. Jim reassured me that he would make me happy and he did. I would highly recommend Flowers by Lucy for you wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Barbara · Married on 07/03/2011

Flowers by Lucy supplied our floral arrangements. We first saw them at a bridal show and were very impressed with their arrangements. Kim primarily wanted hydrangeas as her main flower. The first vendor we visited said they would not hold up in the summer heat at an outside wedding/reception and suggested silk hydrangeas. Flowers by Lucy has a "secret" for hydrangeas. We trusted Jim, and he was true to his word. The bouquets and centerpieces were beautiful, and the hydrangeas held up during the July heat and days afterward. Jim will work with you throughout. His main concern is for the bride to be happy. I would definitely recommend Flowers by Lucy for your wedding floral arrangements.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2016

they did their best flowers after 10 still alive I'm happy with everything but they don't have preserving ability's nor place that can help me keep my flowers I loved everything and they dealt well with me lol I was difficult I felt

Sent on 09/14/2016

Ronnie · Married on 05/27/2012

The flowers were magnificent. The bridal bouquet was even more beautiful than the bride anticipated. Everyone thought the mix of short and tall vases with the vibrant colors were just fantastic.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Erin · Married on 04/11/2015

Rob at Flowers by Lucy did a beautiful job with all of our flowers. The centerpieces, ceremony decorations, bouquets, and boutonnieres were all incredibly beautiful. I didn't really know what I wanted for flowers and Rob was very patient with me. He met with me a couple of times until we figured everything out. I highly recommend Flowers by Lucy for any event!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2011

I went into Flowers By Lucy because I saw it on the way to another florist that I had in mind, and was so impressed that I went with them without looking anywhere else. The woman who gave our consultation was very friendly and knowledgeable and she didn't try and sell us the most expensive things just to get money. In fact, she suggested inexpensive alternatives to pricier flowers, and even told us where we can get materials to make non-floral centerpeices for cheap so that we don't need to buy them. The flowers came out beautifully: we ordered my bouquet, a floral cake topper, and corsages/boutonnieres for everyone and it was all around $200 - very affordable! They threw in a toss bouquet for free as well!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Julie · Married on 09/25/2009

Robert was Great. My flowers were beautiful. He worked with my budget and i was able to get everything that i wanted at a very reasonable price. Sometimes i had a hard time getting a hold of Robert but it was never a big deal. He always got a hold of me within a few days.

Sent on 10/07/2009

Susan · Married on 10/02/2010

My flowers were gorgeous and the designer was SO nice. I had no idea what I wanted, and he helped me come up with the perfect bouquets. The day before the wedding, my mom got sick, so I ended up getting ready at my own house instead of my parents. I called Lucy's to change the delivery and they were so nice about it and everything ended up where it needed to be!

Sent on 06/06/2012
  • thebeavers2010

Kristen · Married on 05/01/2010

Flowers by Lucy provided the flowers for my May 1, 2010 wedding and they were beautiful.
    At the consultation I brought pictures of flowers and bouquets I liked and Robert , my consultant, knew exactly what I wanted. The day of the wedding he arrived on time and with everything that was supposed to be there. My only thoughts were that for the price my parents paid for the flowers the bouquets would have been a little bigger -they still looked great and were easy to carry.

Sent on 09/03/2010

Eric · Married on 03/20/2014

3.5

the Only Complaint I Would Have is I'm Guessing They Got There So Early The Cake Wasn't There. the Catering Company Then Had To Figure Out Where The Flowers were Supposed To Be Placed

Sent on 03/22/2014

t · Married on 09/02/2012

3.8
      3.5

Tracy the consultant was very helpful, kind and flexible.
    The arrangements for the bridal party were beautiful and correct.
    However, the flowers for the cake were not quite what we discussed but pretty none the less.
    The biggest issue was with the incorrect number of boutinarres sent and were were short despite having had a final meeting about the fact we had 2 ring bearers not one etc.
    I think the drawback for this company is that if you are not ordering from a menu, contracts are then handwritten and any changes or things that do not match may go with out being caught in timely manner.
    I would use them but stay on top of them to make sure things are correct.

Sent on 11/04/2012

2.8
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0
      3.5

The flowers were beautiful - there is no question about that. But the communication with the staff was lacking and they did not follow the instruction sheet I had sent in. To add to the stress, there was a mix-up in where the arrangements were supposed to go and my groom ended up driving from the venue to the florist just to the deliver the materials. Plus the pew flowers were not arranged with care and some fell out during the ceremony. Beautiful flowers, great location, but not worth the stress.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Maria · Married on 12/09/2016

1.5
      0.5
      1.0

This company was extremely difficult to work with. Rude receptionists, took weeks on end to answer phone calls and emails. They lost our original contract and we had to start over less than 2 months prior to the wedding. Was way overpriced for the product. They showed up Late to the drop off for the girls. The pew bows were attached after guest arrived at the church. The groomsmen didn't have their boutonnieres until the time the ceremony started, along with the father of the bride(who's should of been dropped off with the girls). The mother of the brides flowers were falling apart and browning. Extremely Unprofessional. As a bride you have wedding stress, and This company isn't someone I would recommend a bride ever choosing.

Sent on 12/20/2016