Flour Power Cakery Reviews

207 Flour Power Cakery Reviews
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2018

Gorgeous Cake and Easy to Work With

My husband and I got our wedding cake from Flour Power through Abbey Catering and Event Company. Our cake turned out gorgeous and tasted delicious. The cake tasting included probably 16 different flavors and Samantha made it very easy to order our cake. We loved the seasonal Apple Spice cake and actually ended up having a different flavor for each layer because all the flavors were so good. We also rented our cake stand through the company as well. We would highly recommend using Flour Power when choosing your Wedding Cake.

Tiffany · Married on 09/15/2018

Flour Power created our wedding cake and it was stunning! We were married at the Catamaran Resort & Spa and Flour Power came highly recommended! We're from out of state, but Flour Power worked with us to schedule a tasting and we were able to send in photos of cake design ideas in order to select the perfect cake for our big day.

We wanted a cake that was fun and tropical and Flour Power delivered! My husband and I were in awe of how perfect our cake looked! The flavor of the cake was amazing and our guests could not stop raving about it! I would highly, HIGHLY recommend Flour Power for your wedding cake!

Flour Power Cakery 1

Ali · Married on 08/25/2018

Flour Power Cakery did our cake for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and it was AMAZING. We got the chocolate fudge cake and it was delicious. Everything went very smoothly and we got so many compliments from our guests!

Lori · Married on 03/03/2018

Flour power
    This is the cake place you are looking for!!!!
    We had a Star Wars themed wedding, and asked Flour Power if they could make a Star Wars wedding cake. My email contact was Samantha, and wow was she ever patient, helpful and extremely knowledgeable !! We made an appointment for a cake tasting in January 2018 , my wedding was March 3rd, 2018. My mother, sister, then fiancé(now husband) and myself were greeted warmly, for the cake tasting. We were taken to a special room. The cakes on display were unbelievably amazing. We were seated and given books to look through for ideas. Then, a tray with 14 flavors of cake was presented. YUM x14!!! My sister and I don’t like coconut , and even their cake with coconut was delicious! It was so hard to choose!!! We discussed options for the Star Wars part of the cake, and were told they could make white chocolate millennium falcons, r2d2’s and x-wing fighters!!! We were thrilled !! We ordered a 3 tiered cake and a sheet cake, and they were delivered on time and were perfect. They did such a great job!! The cakes were gorgeous and delicious. I recommend them hIghly!!

Jeanisa · Married on 01/27/2018

From the tasting to delivery, Flour power was amazing! We had so many types of cake to choose from and we were able to customize not only the look of our cake but the taste as well. We didn’t want our cake to be overly sweet and they delivered! Our cake was gorgeous and our guest not only faught for the leftovers, they are still talking about how delicious the cake was :)

Angie · Married on 01/26/2018

The cake was amazing! I have heard a flower power for many years. And I'm sure I've eaten many wedding cakes that came from there. That cake was so good. Very moist. We had fun doing our cake tasting. We worked with Samantha at the El Cajon/ La Mesa location. I would recommend to anybody to use flour power.

Flour Power Cakery 2
    Flour Power Cakery 3

Megan · Married on 01/25/2018

Flour Power was a vendor that we used at our Mt. Woodson wedding. The cake flavors you could choose from was great! and the different designs they could do was impressive. Our cake turned out just how we designed it. It was delivered and perfectly perfect. We would definitely recommend them. You can't go wrong!

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

My cake was amazing! I gave a generic idea and the amazing decorator ran with it. I couldn’t have asked for a better cake vendor! And everything tasted so good!

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

My cake was amazing. It looked great and tasted so yummy!

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/14/2017

We use Flour Power for every event, and our wedding was no different. We were amazed with how beautiful and delicious our cake was. We have never been let down by Flour Power. Our cake was everything we wanted and more. Whenever we need a cake, this is where we go!!

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Our cake and cupcakes were to die for!! So delicious and beautifully presented.

• Diana

Diana · Married on 09/17/2017

Our cake from Flour Power was beautiful, and delicious! So many of our guests commented how they loved the cake! Also the team at Flour Power had lots of flavor options and decor options to choose from, so we could really customize the cake to match our vision.

• John

John · Married on 08/20/2017

We LOVED our wedding cake made by Teressa at Flour Power Cakery! We got married at the Bahia in San Diego which included the cake for our wedding. We met with Teresa to discuss what kind of cake we wanted. She is so nice and professional and helped us choose from about 20 different cake flavors. We went with the champagne raspberry, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate marble cake for our 3 tier cake. The cake looked beautiful at the wedding and tasted amazing! All of our guests loved the cake and we got dozens of compliments on it. Overall, we highly recommend Teressa and Flour Power Cakery for their amazing cakes and friendly and professional staff!

Coree · Married on 06/10/2017

Flour Power was PERFECT from start to finish. My husband, Mom, Dad and I all went to the cake tasting for our wedding cake. They offered many different cake flavors and it was so hard to choose because they were all so good. The woman who helped us was so nice and had a lot of great ideas and knew exactly what we were asking for. We decided to go with a cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. We wanted our wedding cake to be dark purple to white with ombre style and it turned our AMAZING. The cupcakes we originally ordered to have white frosting. We decided we wanted 3 different colors two differentiate the flavors. We asked them to do this the week before and they did an amazing job matching the cupcake colors with the cake. Our whole cake/ cupcake set up looked amazing and everyone could not stop talking about how amazing it all tasted. We even planned on taking the top tier home for our one year anniversary but everything loved it all so much that we had nothing left and we had ordered to serve 175 when we only had 100 the day of.

Christen · Married on 02/25/2017

Flour Power did the cake for our wedding on 2/25/17 and it was exactly what we wanted. They were on our “preferred vendor” list and we were super excited because we have had several friends use them and they came highly recommended. I had a very specific cake style I wanted, so when we showed up for the tasting I showed Samantha and she very confidently said she could make it happen. The tasting was fun (who doesn’t like trying out cakes!), they had a wide variety of cakes to try with various fillings and two types of frosting. We ended up with a four-tier cake and we did a different flavor for each layer- lemon, raspberry champagne and chocolate with the top layer being the anniversary cake in our favorite flavor. When we got to the reception, I was pleased to see the cake was exactly what I wanted. Everyone enjoyed the cake and the multiple flavor options. Overall, I would highly recommend using Flour Power for your wedding cake or just any overall cake needs!

• GabyJuly

Gabriella · Married on 01/07/2017

Flour Power was a recommended vendor from our venue that we went with as the cake was included in the package. We were hopeful that given our venue’s high standards, the bakery would be good and they did not disappoint!

Samantha was nice, professional, and direct which I loved! Rather than try to talk us into add-ons we did not care for, she took our design idea, told us what would work and helped create a more personalized design which would work within our budget. The cake flavors were also delicious!

The cake trial and ordering experience went so well that we inquired with them about doing talavera tile sugar cookie favors. Again, Samantha met with us and explained the different options we had – showing us low, medium, and high price-points for the different work involved. We ended up sending her pictures of 6 different talavera tiles and Flour Power was able to print them on rice paper then adhere to fondant and make a beautiful presentation. Everyone was impressed with the detail of the images and we were satisfied that it was not an astronomical price for a memorable and delicious wedding favor. Seriously, people kept asking to get more favors. How often does that happen?!

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/05/2016

We had our cake included in our wedding package at the Island Palms. I was a little nervous about not having a choice about places, but I was totally put to ease when we had our tasting. We had our tasting with the owner. He was so thorough and genuine. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and guide us in the cake choosing process. I was very picky in the filagree design that I wanted, classy and elegant, not gaudy. They nailed it! I loved that we could have every tier be a different flavor. We did the apple spice, chocolate peanut butter, and strawberry parfait. Definitely the best cake I have ever had!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/23/2016

Picking the cake flavor was so hard for us! The workers here at Flour Power helped us pick out two and made my vision come true. They were helpful with pricing in making sure that my cake was the best price. My friend had given me advice about sheet cakes vs the tier cake and warned me that some bakeries won't explain them and they are a great way to save. Flour Power brought it up before I did and they gave us a beautiful three tier cake. I'm very happy we went with them.

Kendra · Married on 10/22/2016

My cake was stunning and delicious!!! They were super easy to work with!! We love flour power!! I highly recommend them!

MELVIN · Married on 07/10/2016

Flour Power was the bakery that came with our wedding package at Island Palms for the cake. We went for cupcakes and they turned out great with multiple flavors. They were very accomodating. We highly recommend them.

• nautiwife

Corinne · Married on 07/09/2016

The cake is delicious! You get to taste all of the cake flavors for the tasting and work with the designer. They were very receptive to our ideas and gave great suggestions. The cake is exactly what we wanted and it was delicious. We got tons of complements of the cake.

Delicious! Exactly what I ordered! I am very pleased with my wedding cake from Flour Power!

Rebecca · Married on 06/24/2016

We loved our wedding cake! Our whole experience with Flour Power has been great! The cake tasting was so much fun. It was really cool to watch Samantha design our cake right in front of us. We would just mention certain things we liked about different designs and by the end of the session she had the perfect cake down on paper. We went to a few tastings after that, but ultimately came back to Flour Power. We had a wedding with a surfing theme. Our cake was a light blue with coral white chocolate shells. She even designed white chocolate surfboards as our cake topper. Perfect! We chose 3 different flavors: lemon with raspberry jam, champagne, and my personal favorite...funfetti! The funfetti wasn't listed as their flavors, but they were able to do it for us. I have always wanted a funfetti wedding cake. Thank you, Flour Power!! We live right by Flour Power, too. We were so happy to find a cake vendor so close that makes amazing cakes.

Chris · Married on 04/16/2016

We called Flour Power on a whim and had a really good experience. They got us in for a free tasting and had a lot of fun. We met the owners, who are very personable and entertaining. Super cute shop in El Cajon. We tasted everything and went with a fun cupcake arrangement and small cake for the cutting tradition. Everyone loved the cakes, we got several comments from our guests. They did require a pretty large deposit on the cupcake stand, which I was a little put off by, but I understood the reasoning. We got it back to them and got the deposit back right away, so no sweat. Overall a great experience!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Flour Power Cakery's reply:

That is so wonderful to hear that you had a great experience. We always appreciate the feedback so we will definitely look into the deposit cost for the stands. Congratulations again!