Flour Power Cakery Reviews

Flour Power Cakery 6
Flour Power Cakery 7
  • Ebony

Malcolm · Getting married on 05/15/2020

They were amazing, cake was delicious and beautiful and even threw in a free grooms cake.

Sent on 07/14/2010
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 07/19/2019

Flour Power Cakery

My husband and I did two tastings with two different companies and ended up going with Flour Power. Their tasting included 13 different types of cake which we thought was awesome and we loved pretty much all of them! The taste of the cake and the price were our determining factors for booking FPC. They didn't have as many options for decorating as I had originally wanted. I was hoping for some rose gold foil or something like that, but they did have rose gold confetti looking pieces and rose gold paint to do a brushed look. In the end I wasn't 100% satisfied with the look of the cake compared to what I envisioned. They do have some really amazing photos of their previous cakes so I didn't think it would be an issue, but I didn't really feel like ours was on the level of the other ones we saw. However, the taste was incredible and my guests loved it as well. That ws more important to me than how it looked. Will absolutely be back for our anniversary for another cake.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Flour Power Cakery 8
    Flour Power Cakery 9
    Flour Power Cakery 10
  • Sharron

Sharron · Married on 07/13/2019

Pretty and Yummy!

We worked with Flour Power as part of package with Bahia and it turned out exactly how we wanted in looks and taste. There were plenty of choices during our tasting. I typically don't like cake and I loved the Strawberry Parfait we choose for layer of our cake.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Katrijn · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Customer Service

Flour Power was a amazing vendor to work with! Our cake turned out beautifully and was absolutely delicious!! The tasting process was so painless!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful Cake, seasoned professionals

Years ago my in laws had their wedding cake done by FPC. One of my friends used them for her wedding as well. For the same size, shape and design we were quoted about $200 less than a bakery on our venue's preferred vendor list. Their tasting room is has super modern designs and they have fresh tastings. Also, they have tons of accolades! Couldn't have gone with a better vendor. Thank you for making a memorable cake.

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Laura

Laura Rockland · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful cake

They did a beautiful cake for my wedding, couldn’t have been happier! They delivered it promptly so it was a stress free day. The cake was delicious, we had 3 different flavors, Peanut butter chocolate, white chocolate & choc chip pumpkin- seriously the best cake I’ve had in my life. Everyone was going nuts on the cake. The whipped cream frosting was also so fresh & yummy! Definitely recommend these bakers for any event.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Flour Power Cakery 11
    Flour Power Cakery 12
    Flour Power Cakery 13
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2018

Gorgeous Cake and Easy to Work With

My husband and I got our wedding cake from Flour Power through Abbey Catering and Event Company. Our cake turned out gorgeous and tasted delicious. The cake tasting included probably 16 different flavors and Samantha made it very easy to order our cake. We loved the seasonal Apple Spice cake and actually ended up having a different flavor for each layer because all the flavors were so good. We also rented our cake stand through the company as well. We would highly recommend using Flour Power when choosing your Wedding Cake.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/15/2018

Flour Power created our wedding cake and it was stunning! We were married at the Catamaran Resort & Spa and Flour Power came highly recommended! We're from out of state, but Flour Power worked with us to schedule a tasting and we were able to send in photos of cake design ideas in order to select the perfect cake for our big day.

We wanted a cake that was fun and tropical and Flour Power delivered! My husband and I were in awe of how perfect our cake looked! The flavor of the cake was amazing and our guests could not stop raving about it! I would highly, HIGHLY recommend Flour Power for your wedding cake!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Flour Power Cakery 14

Ali · Married on 08/25/2018

Flour Power Cakery did our cake for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and it was AMAZING. We got the chocolate fudge cake and it was delicious. Everything went very smoothly and we got so many compliments from our guests!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Stephanie and Kyle · Married on 03/31/2018

Great wedding cake

We loved our wedding cake from Flour Power! Our cake was actually included in the price of our venue (Shadowridge Golf Club), and we weren’t sure how the bakery and cake would turn out. However, both were amazing. Samantha was very responsive, and our consultant Jenna was really creative, patient, and provided great suggestions during our free yummy cake tasting. Flour Power was flexible and let us provide our own customized Lego topper and silk flowers to decorate the cake. We were also able to choose a different flavor for each of the three tiers. The cake turned out fantastic, and was absolutely delicious. It was such a pleasure working with Samantha and Jenna, and we highly recommend Flour Power!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Lori · Married on 03/03/2018

Flour power
    This is the cake place you are looking for!!!!
    We had a Star Wars themed wedding, and asked Flour Power if they could make a Star Wars wedding cake. My email contact was Samantha, and wow was she ever patient, helpful and extremely knowledgeable !! We made an appointment for a cake tasting in January 2018 , my wedding was March 3rd, 2018. My mother, sister, then fiancé(now husband) and myself were greeted warmly, for the cake tasting. We were taken to a special room. The cakes on display were unbelievably amazing. We were seated and given books to look through for ideas. Then, a tray with 14 flavors of cake was presented. YUM x14!!! My sister and I don’t like coconut , and even their cake with coconut was delicious! It was so hard to choose!!! We discussed options for the Star Wars part of the cake, and were told they could make white chocolate millennium falcons, r2d2’s and x-wing fighters!!! We were thrilled !! We ordered a 3 tiered cake and a sheet cake, and they were delivered on time and were perfect. They did such a great job!! The cakes were gorgeous and delicious. I recommend them hIghly!!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Jeanisa · Married on 01/27/2018

From the tasting to delivery, Flour power was amazing! We had so many types of cake to choose from and we were able to customize not only the look of our cake but the taste as well. We didn’t want our cake to be overly sweet and they delivered! Our cake was gorgeous and our guest not only faught for the leftovers, they are still talking about how delicious the cake was :)

Sent on 02/13/2018

Angie · Married on 01/26/2018

The cake was amazing! I have heard a flower power for many years. And I'm sure I've eaten many wedding cakes that came from there. That cake was so good. Very moist. We had fun doing our cake tasting. We worked with Samantha at the El Cajon/ La Mesa location. I would recommend to anybody to use flour power.

Sent on 02/07/2018
    Flour Power Cakery 15
    Flour Power Cakery 16

Megan · Married on 01/25/2018

Flour Power was a vendor that we used at our Mt. Woodson wedding. The cake flavors you could choose from was great! and the different designs they could do was impressive. Our cake turned out just how we designed it. It was delivered and perfectly perfect. We would definitely recommend them. You can't go wrong!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

My cake was amazing! I gave a generic idea and the amazing decorator ran with it. I couldn’t have asked for a better cake vendor! And everything tasted so good!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

My cake was amazing. It looked great and tasted so yummy!

Sent on 11/17/2017
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/14/2017

We use Flour Power for every event, and our wedding was no different. We were amazed with how beautiful and delicious our cake was. We have never been let down by Flour Power. Our cake was everything we wanted and more. Whenever we need a cake, this is where we go!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Our cake and cupcakes were to die for!! So delicious and beautifully presented.

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 09/17/2017

Our cake from Flour Power was beautiful, and delicious! So many of our guests commented how they loved the cake! Also the team at Flour Power had lots of flavor options and decor options to choose from, so we could really customize the cake to match our vision.

Sent on 10/03/2017
  • John

John · Married on 08/20/2017

We LOVED our wedding cake made by Teressa at Flour Power Cakery! We got married at the Bahia in San Diego which included the cake for our wedding. We met with Teresa to discuss what kind of cake we wanted. She is so nice and professional and helped us choose from about 20 different cake flavors. We went with the champagne raspberry, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate marble cake for our 3 tier cake. The cake looked beautiful at the wedding and tasted amazing! All of our guests loved the cake and we got dozens of compliments on it. Overall, we highly recommend Teressa and Flour Power Cakery for their amazing cakes and friendly and professional staff!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Coree · Married on 06/10/2017

Flour Power was PERFECT from start to finish. My husband, Mom, Dad and I all went to the cake tasting for our wedding cake. They offered many different cake flavors and it was so hard to choose because they were all so good. The woman who helped us was so nice and had a lot of great ideas and knew exactly what we were asking for. We decided to go with a cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. We wanted our wedding cake to be dark purple to white with ombre style and it turned our AMAZING. The cupcakes we originally ordered to have white frosting. We decided we wanted 3 different colors two differentiate the flavors. We asked them to do this the week before and they did an amazing job matching the cupcake colors with the cake. Our whole cake/ cupcake set up looked amazing and everyone could not stop talking about how amazing it all tasted. We even planned on taking the top tier home for our one year anniversary but everything loved it all so much that we had nothing left and we had ordered to serve 175 when we only had 100 the day of.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Christen · Married on 02/25/2017

Flour Power did the cake for our wedding on 2/25/17 and it was exactly what we wanted. They were on our “preferred vendor” list and we were super excited because we have had several friends use them and they came highly recommended. I had a very specific cake style I wanted, so when we showed up for the tasting I showed Samantha and she very confidently said she could make it happen. The tasting was fun (who doesn’t like trying out cakes!), they had a wide variety of cakes to try with various fillings and two types of frosting. We ended up with a four-tier cake and we did a different flavor for each layer- lemon, raspberry champagne and chocolate with the top layer being the anniversary cake in our favorite flavor. When we got to the reception, I was pleased to see the cake was exactly what I wanted. Everyone enjoyed the cake and the multiple flavor options. Overall, I would highly recommend using Flour Power for your wedding cake or just any overall cake needs!

Sent on 03/27/2017
  • GabyJuly

Gabriella · Married on 01/07/2017

Flour Power was a recommended vendor from our venue that we went with as the cake was included in the package. We were hopeful that given our venue’s high standards, the bakery would be good and they did not disappoint!

Samantha was nice, professional, and direct which I loved! Rather than try to talk us into add-ons we did not care for, she took our design idea, told us what would work and helped create a more personalized design which would work within our budget. The cake flavors were also delicious!

The cake trial and ordering experience went so well that we inquired with them about doing talavera tile sugar cookie favors. Again, Samantha met with us and explained the different options we had – showing us low, medium, and high price-points for the different work involved. We ended up sending her pictures of 6 different talavera tiles and Flour Power was able to print them on rice paper then adhere to fondant and make a beautiful presentation. Everyone was impressed with the detail of the images and we were satisfied that it was not an astronomical price for a memorable and delicious wedding favor. Seriously, people kept asking to get more favors. How often does that happen?!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/05/2016

We had our cake included in our wedding package at the Island Palms. I was a little nervous about not having a choice about places, but I was totally put to ease when we had our tasting. We had our tasting with the owner. He was so thorough and genuine. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and guide us in the cake choosing process. I was very picky in the filagree design that I wanted, classy and elegant, not gaudy. They nailed it! I loved that we could have every tier be a different flavor. We did the apple spice, chocolate peanut butter, and strawberry parfait. Definitely the best cake I have ever had!

Sent on 11/26/2016