Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

101 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

101 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

Kerry · Married on 08/25/2012

She had us at the cake tasting which was beyond our expectations. We picked four different flavors because they were all so good.

Our cake was gorgeous and we heard nothing but great reviews from guests. The delivery was on time arrived in perfect condition (from South Lake to North Lake)!

Highly recommend the apricot cake.

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • User1652069 · 2+ years ago

Flour girl made our wedding cake and it was delicious and just perfectly decorated exactly as we wanted it! We chose the spanish lace cake and everyone commented on how beautiful it was. Thank you Flour Girl for making our day so special!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Manuel

Sent on 04/30/2013

Chavaugn · Married on 08/28/2011

Sarah is the best baker on this planet!!!!!!!!! I can't even express or put into words how amazing she is at baking and creating the most beautiful cakes and desserts! She created the most beautiful wedding cake and dessert bar for my wedding and everyone that was at my wedding is still talking about how AMAZING everything tasted (and my wedding was weeks ago!). Sarah's service, baking, and decorating is impeccable and you will not find a better baker anywhere. She will exceed all your expectations! Sarah was the most wonderful person to work with, she understands what brides want, and she created everything I wanted and made it ten thousand times better than I had imagined. If you're looking around for a baker, look no more! Sarah is the best in the business!

Cheers to Sarah at Flour Girl Wedding Cakes!

Sent on 06/28/2014
  • I

Ilene · Married on 06/18/2011

Sarah from flour girl Wedding Cakes made our daughter's wedding cake for last weekend. They wanted a very unusal cake design with many different colors, patterns and flavors. I was sort of worried about how it would look, but we absolutely loved it! It was delicious and really whimsical and creative! Sarah was great to work with!!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Christy · Married on 02/11/2011

Sarah with Flour girl wedding cakes did an excellent job with our wedding cake. She was fast to respond to any questions and our cake was delivered on time and was exactly what we wanted. Great service and the cake was awesome!!

Sent on 02/17/2011

Lindsay · Married on 06/26/2010

Sarah rocks. We ordered cupcakes and a small cake for the top of the tower; it was really cool because we got to order five different types of cupcakes, with different fillings and frosting for each. I really loved how she decorated them, too: she garnished each cupcake so you would know what type it was (i.e., a little peanut butter cup on the pb filled cupcakes). Sarah was super easy to work with and really nice. Very glad we went here!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Katie · Married on 08/29/2009

Sarah was absolutely wonderful! She delivered our cupcakes to the park and set them up for us. They were absolutely delicious. I'm so sad I only got to enjoy one of them! I never actually met Sarah, I planned a destination wedding and we just couldn't find the time to get up there before the wedding. Most of our communication was done through email, she always had a very quick turn around time for answering her emails. Next time we are in the area I will definitely be stopping in to order some of her cupcakes!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Alan · Married on 07/26/2009

Sarah did an amazing job with our cake; we had a four-tier cake with four different combinations of cake and filling, and all four of them were incredible. The cake looked absolutely gorgeous as well, and turned out even better than we'd expected. Sarah was also incredibly easy to work with. Once we'd done a tasting and seen her work, it was the easiest vendor decision we had to make, and she definitely didn't disappoint us.

Sent on 12/20/2009
  • F

Jen · Married on 01/24/2009

Sarah was wonderful. She listened to everything we wanted and helped us create exactly what we wanted. After our tasting, one of the things we were most looking forward to on our wedding day was the cake. It was soooo good. Many of our guests commented that it was the best cake they have ever had. If we lived closer I would totally use Flour Girl for all of my parties.

Sent on 05/25/2009

Kathy · Married on 01/01/2009

Sarah was awsome! Not being able to come to a tasting, I planned a destination wedding and didn't have the opportunity to come out to cake test, the cake was amazing. After I fed my groom, he blurted out at the reception yum this is good I want more! What more can you ask for!

Sent on 03/14/2009

lisa · Married on 09/20/2008

No negatives here! Sarah was great to work with, very creative and she makes delicious cake. She does all the work herself and she takes great pride in what she does. Make sure you go in for a tasting!

Sent on 11/15/2008

Anthony · Married on 03/11/2010

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was very easy to work with,the cake was so amazing it looked so beautiful and it was so good too.Very professional service and easy to set up, and the cake was delicious. I love the designs on it, even my wife.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Sally · Married on 09/08/2018

Flour girl wedding cakes made the most amazing, beautiful and tasty cake for our wedding! Our guests loved it so much they enjoyed a slice of each of our three flavors!
    We went to Flour Girl's beautiful shop in South Lake Tahoe 8 months before our event. We were greeted with friendly faces and the amazing smell of baked goods. The small consultation room is so sweet and pretty and we were very impressed with their professionalism and thorough understanding of what we were looking for. They brought an amazing array of samples and we were blown away by how good everything tasted and it was fun to put together different flavor combinations of cake with frosting. Their pricing is good for the cake they offer and their communication throughout the months was great.
    They offered rental of accessories (stand and sign) with the cake, we ended up not doing that as the items had to be returned to their shop within a few days of the event.
    On our wedding day, the cake was delivered just as scheduled and placed beautifully on the table we had prepared. The cake was perfectly frosted and absolutely beautiful and just what we imagined. The florist left a pile of greens and roses to place on the cake and Flour Girl decorated the cake with them beautifully. They were in and out without any hiccup.
    The cake on wedding night was AMAZING - it was the moistest wedding cake I've ever had and the frosting was stellar - the perfect flavor and texture. Everyone LOVED it and we ate a 50 person cake with 33 people!
    I HIGHLY recommend flour girl for all your dessert needs, thanks for taking such good care of us!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Nadia

Nadia · Married on 06/24/2017

We just got married this past weekend and everybody raved about our cake. We had two flavors that were gobbled up by our guests. From our initial meeting, Sarah was very professional and was very willing to design a cake that I had seen on Pinterest. The end result was much better than I could have anticipated; I'm looking forward to ordering a small cake for our 1st anniversary.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Amy · Married on 09/21/2013

I can't say enough about my experience with Sarah at Flour Girl. Tremendous! The price we paid for our cakes was exceptional and the taste! Her lemon cake is the best I've ever had. I also highly recommend her gluten-free chocolate if that is a dietary issue. Our guests raved about the cakes (and for good reason). We planned our wedding from out-of-state, and Sarah was super easy to work with. Truly a top-rate vendor.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Working with Sarah at Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was so easy and we were very happy with the results. We had to change our bakery at the last minute and Sarah had no problem putting a small cake together for us and delivering it to our wedding site, even though it was 45 minutes away. We had received a recommendation from our venue to contact Flour Girl and we weren't disappointed. Although we had to freeze most of it (we didn't share with our guests, as we had other desserts), the cake was delicious! Sarah was responsive to my e-mails and was able to accommodate my ideas for a cake topper since I just wanted a simple cake, but it still looked beautiful. Although I never got to meet her in person to visit the bakery, I have full confidence and would recommend Flour Girl for any wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2013

3.5

Sarah of Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was excellent to work with! She was flexible and able to adapt to changes over the course of our wedding planning and to me seemed pretty hassle free. Her responses via e-mail were always superfast. We wanted a simple yet elegant design and we sent her some "inspirational" pictures. She definitely exceeded our expectations with her great piping work and handmade sugar flowers. As cake decorating is one of my hobbies I needed to hire someone that could do a much better job than myself while I still feared that I would be one of those lucky brides receiving a cake that would make a contribution to cakewrecks. Happily this did not happen AND not only did my cake look fantastic, it also tasted fantastic! I would say a little too moist which made it difficult to cut initially but it held up well and was by far one of the best wedding cakes I've ever tasted - fondant and all!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Sheri · Married on 06/18/2015

When first contacting Sara she was quick to fit us in for a cake tasting. She had it all set up, recommendations, pricing everything could be finalized then, no waiting. She worked with our budget to create the best arrangement for our day. Her cakes tasted AMAZING!! Lots of flavors to choose from!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Even though we have not actually had our wedding our cake tasting appointment was awesome. It was easy and very well organized. I felt very comfortable working with the owner and look forward to seeing what she creates for our special day! We also wanted to support local businesses and was very pleased to find her business.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Casey · Married on 07/20/2013

Sara was amazing and our cake was delicious. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Tristan · Married on 08/01/2014

Because I was out of state I had to send one of my bridesmaids down to do the initial tasting so that I could book them. The tasting was $20 and had a wide variety of flavors. This was the deciding factor for choosing them as our cake vendor. When I was able to come home we did another tasting where the cake and cupcake flavors were selected. I did not eat any of the cup cakes but people raved about the flavors and my cake was wonderful and moist. I did not save my top because I will be moving to Hawaii before our anniversary but I sure did eat it and it was amazing. I has a small two tier cake with a hexagon bottom and a nice blown glass cake topper and about 100 cup cakes of all different flavors. The design was made up from different cakes that I liked. They were very flexible and worked well with me being so far away. Their pumpkin cake pops also taste exactly like pumpkin pie which worked out perfectly because my husband does not like sweets but loves pumpkin pie.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Nichole · Married on 10/24/2009

3.5

Our wedding cake did not turn out the way we thought. I had sent pictures of what we wanted our cake to look like and was told that there would be no problem in making the cake. When I saw my cake the clor was off. It was supposed to be an ivory cake with red ribbons and design and it was more like iivory with mauve. When I spokewith the owner she said that the red colr is really hard to make, and she had tried to make it as red as possible. I wish I would have been told that before I picked the cake I liked. I was very dissapointed.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Marie · Married on 09/06/2008

Flour Girls was highly recommended to me by my other vendors- and it was easy to pick them to do my cake. Sarah is an excellent baker- so much so that she books up about 6 months in advance. The tasting was excellent, her cake really is delicious- and she made a new flavor at my request (although we didn't end up choosing it). At the wedding, the cake was so delicious that even though we made extra cake, there wasn't any left over. I loved the look of my cake it was exactly what I wished for- even though I changed my mind several times before the day.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Alyse · Married on 06/19/2010

Sarah did a great job on both cakes (wedding and grooms cake). The wedding cake was an exact replica of the picture I sent her. As for the grooms cake, I asked her to get creative and make a large Juicebox cake. She went all out and did more than was asked.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Susan · Married on 10/01/2010

3.0

Her cake was delicious. We did not have our cake decorated much, but her portfolio looked great. We had carrot cake that was great. Only thing is she was reluctant to use cream cheese frosting like we asked. It is harder to decorate, but we wanted a cake that tastes good.

Sent on 12/13/2010