Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

112 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

112 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

Adriana · Married on 10/26/2013

I found Flour Girl wedding cakes through reviews on yelp and was NOT disappointed. I live about 6 hours away from Lake Tahoe and never even met with Sarah in person. We communicated mostly through emails (she was great at responding quickly which I loved since she was so far away!) about what I wanted for my wedding this past weekend. I chose to do cupcakes plus a giant cupcake for me and my husband. Everything turned out super duper cute and tasted amazing! My wedding was small and Sarah was still willing to work with me, which I thought was awesome. I would definitely recommend Sarah and the girls at Flour Girl wedding cakes for your big day!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Brianne · Married on 09/28/2013

The only thing that was more fun and tastier than the wedding cupcakes was the awesome cupcake tasting my fiance and I got to do earlier this year :) Sarah was awesome. She had great choices and she made the cupcakes look amazing! They had a wood theme and were placed on log pieces. The tasting cake was moist, delish and beautiful. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Sarah did our wedding cake and we couldn't have been happier. We did a tasting at her shop and one other in Tahoe, and while the other one was good, Sarah won hands down. All of her flavors are delicious and she has so many to choose from. You can go with something really basic, like white cake with bavarian cream, or choose a more adventurous combination if you think your guests are up for it! Sarah had plenty of good flavor combo ideas. Our cake was vanilla bean with bavarian cream and strawberry preserves, and we got several comments from guests about how good it was.

Her designs are incredible too. She can do anything you imagine. Your cake will look so amazing that you almost won't want to eat it. (Almost.)

My only regret is that we only got to eat one piece! But we may have solved that problem. For our one year anniversary we want to go back to Tahoe and have Sarah make us cupcakes in the same flavor as our wedding cake. Because her cake is way too good to eat only once!

Sent on 11/02/2013
  • Mrs. Butler

Danielle · Married on 08/17/2013

I have so many positive things to say about Sarah and Flour Girl Wedding Cakes. Not only was she super attentive, but her cakes were amazing. We went with a three tiered cake and a sheet cake. Each was a different flavor and during the tasting, she helped us pick out combinations that went well together. She was super helpful with her book of cakes she had already done, pinterest items I had shown her, and helping create my vision. I tried several cake vendors and none of them compared to Flour Girl. Her tastings were moist, fresh and she had a large variety. We ended up with a vanilla bean cake with strawberries and bavarian cream, lemon cake with lemon curd and cream cheese, spice cake with apricot and cream cheese and a sheet cake of red velvet with raspberries and chocolate mousse. Every piece was devoured and we were lucky enough to save a slice of each to take home.

We only had one snafu which was the design we picked out was a horizontal stucco look and we got a cake of veritcal stucco. The rest of the cake was according to plan, and so Sarah worked with us to make it work. I still loved the look of the cake, even though it was a bit different than what we talked about and she made it right. Amazing cake, amazing service and beautiful designs.

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • Liane

Liane · Married on 07/16/2013

Delicious Sweets and Wedding Cakes

Sarah and her team of talented bakers, always create the most amazing, delicious and beautiful sweet works of art! Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning

Sent on 09/30/2019

Shari · Married on 06/29/2013

Flour girl wedding cakes made our cake for our wedding. Our cake was so beautiful and delicious. We were able to choose three flavor combinations and choose a design special order. Flour girl was very accommodating, she made us a sample plate on the spur of the moment, she gave us suggestions for some great flavor combinations, she decorated our cake so elegantly. We were very pleased with what we got. Her services are extraordinary.

Sent on 07/16/2013
  • User3420527 · 2+ years ago

Seriously one of the easiest, most responsive vendors I worked with. Her cakes are beautiful, moist and delicious. Your hardest task will be choosing flavors.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2013

Sarah from Flour Girl is a great baker and very helpful when it came to designing our Dessert Table. All of her cakes were unique and tasty!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Lacy · Married on 06/01/2013

Amazing experience for my wedding. The tasting was way better than any other place and Sarah was such a pleasure to work with. We changed our mind on the cake a few months before and she was so accommodating and made my cake a beautiful masterpiece!! I love loved her!!!!!!!! Definitely worth your money. Not only did I have a beautiful cake, but it was so delicious!!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Vicki · Married on 06/01/2013

Sarah Lofgren was an absolute delight to work with from beginning to end. A true artist in the bakery. Her creativity inspired all of us and she produced exactly what we envisioned. Chad wanted a golf ball groom's cake on the green with a basket spilling out cake golf balls. Exactly that. A 24" diameter golf ball cake with the St. Louis Cardinals logo on it. The table was topped with real grass and the cake balls spilled from a real driving range bucket. Perfect for an Edgewood Golf Club destination wedding. The Bride's cake for Lacy was even more spectacular. A towering cake adorned with bows and jewels with real orchids hanging all around it. Truly a sight to behold and we give Flour Girl an A+++++++++++++++++++ for execution, delivery, look, and above all taste. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Stacy · Married on 05/16/2013

The cake was moist and beautiful! Every other wedding cake that i have ever tried has been dry and gross. Flour Girls cake was amazing and very tasty.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Kerry · Married on 08/25/2012

She had us at the cake tasting which was beyond our expectations. We picked four different flavors because they were all so good.

Our cake was gorgeous and we heard nothing but great reviews from guests. The delivery was on time arrived in perfect condition (from South Lake to North Lake)!

Highly recommend the apricot cake.

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • User1652069 · 2+ years ago

Flour girl made our wedding cake and it was delicious and just perfectly decorated exactly as we wanted it! We chose the spanish lace cake and everyone commented on how beautiful it was. Thank you Flour Girl for making our day so special!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Manuel

Sent on 04/30/2013

Chavaugn · Married on 08/28/2011

Sarah is the best baker on this planet!!!!!!!!! I can't even express or put into words how amazing she is at baking and creating the most beautiful cakes and desserts! She created the most beautiful wedding cake and dessert bar for my wedding and everyone that was at my wedding is still talking about how AMAZING everything tasted (and my wedding was weeks ago!). Sarah's service, baking, and decorating is impeccable and you will not find a better baker anywhere. She will exceed all your expectations! Sarah was the most wonderful person to work with, she understands what brides want, and she created everything I wanted and made it ten thousand times better than I had imagined. If you're looking around for a baker, look no more! Sarah is the best in the business!

Cheers to Sarah at Flour Girl Wedding Cakes!

Sent on 06/28/2014
  • I

Ilene · Married on 06/18/2011

Sarah from flour girl Wedding Cakes made our daughter's wedding cake for last weekend. They wanted a very unusal cake design with many different colors, patterns and flavors. I was sort of worried about how it would look, but we absolutely loved it! It was delicious and really whimsical and creative! Sarah was great to work with!!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Christy · Married on 02/11/2011

Sarah with Flour girl wedding cakes did an excellent job with our wedding cake. She was fast to respond to any questions and our cake was delivered on time and was exactly what we wanted. Great service and the cake was awesome!!

Sent on 02/17/2011

Lindsay · Married on 06/26/2010

Sarah rocks. We ordered cupcakes and a small cake for the top of the tower; it was really cool because we got to order five different types of cupcakes, with different fillings and frosting for each. I really loved how she decorated them, too: she garnished each cupcake so you would know what type it was (i.e., a little peanut butter cup on the pb filled cupcakes). Sarah was super easy to work with and really nice. Very glad we went here!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Katie · Married on 08/29/2009

Sarah was absolutely wonderful! She delivered our cupcakes to the park and set them up for us. They were absolutely delicious. I'm so sad I only got to enjoy one of them! I never actually met Sarah, I planned a destination wedding and we just couldn't find the time to get up there before the wedding. Most of our communication was done through email, she always had a very quick turn around time for answering her emails. Next time we are in the area I will definitely be stopping in to order some of her cupcakes!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Alan · Married on 07/26/2009

Sarah did an amazing job with our cake; we had a four-tier cake with four different combinations of cake and filling, and all four of them were incredible. The cake looked absolutely gorgeous as well, and turned out even better than we'd expected. Sarah was also incredibly easy to work with. Once we'd done a tasting and seen her work, it was the easiest vendor decision we had to make, and she definitely didn't disappoint us.

Sent on 12/20/2009
  • F

Jen · Married on 01/24/2009

Sarah was wonderful. She listened to everything we wanted and helped us create exactly what we wanted. After our tasting, one of the things we were most looking forward to on our wedding day was the cake. It was soooo good. Many of our guests commented that it was the best cake they have ever had. If we lived closer I would totally use Flour Girl for all of my parties.

Sent on 05/25/2009

Kathy · Married on 01/01/2009

Sarah was awsome! Not being able to come to a tasting, I planned a destination wedding and didn't have the opportunity to come out to cake test, the cake was amazing. After I fed my groom, he blurted out at the reception yum this is good I want more! What more can you ask for!

Sent on 03/14/2009

Lisa · Married on 09/20/2008

No negatives here! Sarah was great to work with, very creative and she makes delicious cake. She does all the work herself and she takes great pride in what she does. Make sure you go in for a tasting!

Sent on 11/15/2008

Anthony · Married on 03/11/2010

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was very easy to work with,the cake was so amazing it looked so beautiful and it was so good too.Very professional service and easy to set up, and the cake was delicious. I love the designs on it, even my wife.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Sally · Married on 09/08/2018

Flour girl wedding cakes made the most amazing, beautiful and tasty cake for our wedding! Our guests loved it so much they enjoyed a slice of each of our three flavors!
    We went to Flour Girl's beautiful shop in South Lake Tahoe 8 months before our event. We were greeted with friendly faces and the amazing smell of baked goods. The small consultation room is so sweet and pretty and we were very impressed with their professionalism and thorough understanding of what we were looking for. They brought an amazing array of samples and we were blown away by how good everything tasted and it was fun to put together different flavor combinations of cake with frosting. Their pricing is good for the cake they offer and their communication throughout the months was great.
    They offered rental of accessories (stand and sign) with the cake, we ended up not doing that as the items had to be returned to their shop within a few days of the event.
    On our wedding day, the cake was delivered just as scheduled and placed beautifully on the table we had prepared. The cake was perfectly frosted and absolutely beautiful and just what we imagined. The florist left a pile of greens and roses to place on the cake and Flour Girl decorated the cake with them beautifully. They were in and out without any hiccup.
    The cake on wedding night was AMAZING - it was the moistest wedding cake I've ever had and the frosting was stellar - the perfect flavor and texture. Everyone LOVED it and we ate a 50 person cake with 33 people!
    I HIGHLY recommend flour girl for all your dessert needs, thanks for taking such good care of us!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Nadia

Nadia · Married on 06/24/2017

We just got married this past weekend and everybody raved about our cake. We had two flavors that were gobbled up by our guests. From our initial meeting, Sarah was very professional and was very willing to design a cake that I had seen on Pinterest. The end result was much better than I could have anticipated; I'm looking forward to ordering a small cake for our 1st anniversary.

Sent on 06/30/2017