Floridian Ballrooms Reviews

40 | Pembroke Pines, FL

40 Reviews for Floridian Ballrooms

randi · Married on 02/05/2012

Awesome and affordable! Service was great and my guests had a great time!
    Great food and beautiful decor.

Sent on 04/09/2012

jessica · Married on 11/05/2011

The staff Was amazing, the room were beautifully done. even when i needed ribbon for my cake boxes they found me some beautiful ones. only one minor complaint guys the rehearsal time. but it didnt slow the show down. You guys did an awesome job. Thanks to jannelli & catherine from the office. and much love to the reception staff they did an excellent job of everything. Floridian staff you ROCK.

Sent on 11/26/2011

Sandra · Married on 10/01/2016

The place is awesome and reasonable. Janelli and staff are very helpful. The DJ Edwin is great. He had all guests dancing. Decor and food was good. Thank you Floridian ballroom!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Einstein · Married on 07/03/2011

I'll be the first to admit it. I was HIGHLY skeptical when my bride first told me about this place. I did like it when I saw it, but remained a bit uneasy. It seemed to cheap to be true.

Here we are almost 2 weeks after our wedding and friends are still raving about how great the locale, the food and the service were. I am speechless with how well it went.

Waitstaff was professional and attentive.
    MC was eloquent and quite competent.
    Bartender was excellent.

We however opted for our own photographer. None of their choices instilled confidence in us.

Overall, a great experience at a surprisingly affordable price.
    We certainly had a wedding we'll remember for the good reasons.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Raquel · Married on 04/18/2008

The Floridian was beautiful!!! I never expected an all inclusive place to be so good, but i was pleasantly surprised! Down right wonderful!

Sent on 05/02/2008

If you are on a budget this is the place for you. They have packages for every budget,

Sent on 10/21/2012

Tina · Married on 11/09/2014

3.5

We had only 3 months to plan a wedding and the help we received from Floridian Ballroom was wonderful during this stressful time. They had to set up the table several times due to a ill bride when she couldn't make it on the set date. They worked with us in all aspects of the wedding. From being extremely affordable( We were originally going to do it ourselves in a hall) to having most things included Cake, Centerpieces , DJ , Bartender and the food which made the process so much easier. We were able to have a food tasting, go to meet the cake decorator and also go to the florist and explain what we wanted . The place is beautiful inside, the bartender was fantastic. The DJ listened to what we wanted and the wedding coordinator was also around to see if we needed anything. The only thing I was told by guests was there was a delay in the serving of appetizers after the ceremony. But since we were taking pictures I was not aware of this personally. And it may have even been that they hadn't arrived by their table yet. Overall we would recommend this venue to future brides as a very affordable venue that is beautiful and has great service and coordinates all your ideas for you. As commented on previous reviews, Yes, there are other options available that will increase your cost but that is at any venue. It you want a wedding that is beautiful and runs smoothly go see Floridian Ballrooms.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Maria · Married on 08/03/2013

4.2
      3.0

We recently had our wedding at Floridian Ballrooms and had a great time! Everything turned out beautiful and the staff was amazing. We have received so many compliments from our guests on the venue and services provided that night (ex: food was delicious, MC was energetic, bartender was excellent, DJ kept the party going and the list goes on and on). Janelli and Ceci were a pleasure to work with they helped keep me calm throughout the planning and reassured me all the way to the end. Yamilet and Frank did an incredible job along with my wedding coordinator Socorro. They were all on the same page and everything transitioned smoothly. Needless to say we are very happy customers and recommend this venue. Please keep in mind some upgrades maybe needed if you want more decor options.

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • Cin

Cin · Married on 12/22/2011

3.0

I had my wedding there and was for some part good for me and bad as well. Though it was nice i would much rather go elsewhere if i was to do that again. I understand business is business but this was suppose to be my big day and somehow the negative attitude and withheld information took a little bit of my happiness away. Thank God it is all over and I am happily married and at the end that is what mattered to me most. Be sure to as all questions!!!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Arlene · Married on 08/13/2016

2.2
      2.5

Our Wedding Date; August 13, 2016 This ballroom is a beautiful venue for weddings and other events. My husband and I were pleased with the decor and the setup on our wedding day. The team from the office did an amazing job (along with my wedding planner and her assistant). During the process/preparation, we encountered some issues. After multiple food tastings, I was not satisfied with the outcomes. I started to stress out because I was under the impression that I could not get outside catering. After speaking with the manager and expressing our dissatisfaction with the catering we were told we can get outside catering. Although I was happy with getting the outside catering, I was a bit annoyed because by the second or third food tasting, it should have been mentioned what our alternatives were.
    Also, the day of the wedding, our family and friends complained about the services from the servers. Due to the language barrier, it was difficult for our family to communicate their needs when the servers did not understand what they were asking - Also, the servers were given instructions on where to start passing out food and did not follow these instructions (for example, they were suppose to start on table 3 first, instead they started on table 22). - The servers were serving some tables twice which should not have been the case, for instance if guests communicated that they did not want rice the servers would go back and request a plate with no rice and serve an additional plate to that guest leaving the previously served plate at the center of the table untouched. This may be the biggest reason food started running low. I did use the other room for my ceremony service which was beautiful. The reception decor was gorgeous, however there some lighting missed but the way it was setup no one would have known. There has to be better communication and an improvement in customer service from the servers.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Rosemary · Married on 07/16/2017

1.5

My daughter just had her wedding reception there about 2 weeks ago. While the room was beautifully decorated, the servers spoke no English and did not understand anything what we tried to tell them. They served the cake next to the buffet after everyone was finished eating. Isn't it proper to serve the cake right after dinner at the table? It was hardly noticeable. They cut very small slices of cake even though we had 4 large cakes. We assume they took the rest of the cake since we got only the top tier. They were very quick to clean up the buffet and started throwing away the food. Luckily, we were able to take some food away as we catered our own food. Not happy with the service at all and was very pricey for what we got. Definitely would not recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • Y

yaly · Married on 12/12/2014

1.0

I went to a sweet sixteen there on the 12th and the food was horrible - cold the meat tastes funny next day I was sick to my stomach and some of the guest I heard were sick as well, about the cake cake was delicious but hardly anyone was able to try it like me I had a piece went to get a drink and when I came back they had already taken the cake away from the entire table -- super bad service - the dj was great but the service with the waiters and food was horrible specially for the price

Sent on 12/23/2014

Tricia · Married on 04/28/2012

1.0

You know the old adage; "you get what you pay for"? It's true, and in some cases as it happens to be with this wedding venue, you actually get even less. My nephew has his entire wedding (ceremony and reception) at Floridian Ballrooms this past weekend and it can only be called anything short of a fiasco. To start with, the florist recommended by this venue was rude, unprofessional and failed to deliver the flowers needed for the featured staircase (shown in almost all the photos of this venue). The runner for the the ceremony was never laid out; the staff was frantically running around trying to clean the bathrooms, set up the reception hall and so on as the guests were arriving. As soon as the ceremony was over and guests were moving into the adjacent "ballroom", they were met with caterers outside waiting to set up the ceremony hall for another wedding (which we know nothing about). It just screamed "factory weddings".
    The food was so bad at the tasting, that my sister had to hire outside caterers. I accompanied her and the bride to the final meeting with the wedding coordinator. The pictures the bride was shown of the ceremony setup when she signed the contract was completely different (and much better) than what she was shown at this meeting. When she just about recovered from the shock and said, "but this isn't what you originally showed me"' the wedding coordinator replied, "the pictures we show when a couple comes in are supposed to entice the couple. It is our highest package, the Sophistication Package". That isn't what you picked". The bride replied, " you never told me that!" then the coordinator replied, " Even if I didn't, it's in the contract". It was not clear in the contract. Now, you can split hairs or you can just call it deception.
    Really, I could go on and on but I think my point is clear. Don't think you will be saving money by hiring this venue because you won't. The slightest upgrade costs extra. And don't think they will take care of everything for your special day. They won't. You will still be doing all the work and making up for their inefficiency. It is really worth having a look around and checking out hotels. Trust me, even if the original figure is higher that Floridian's, you are sure to have way friendlier, professional team handling your special day. The Floridian Ballroom is only concerned with filling their calendar with as many weddings in a day as they can. Customer Service is a little known concept to them.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Lindsey · Married on 05/29/2011

0.4
      0.0

Although our wedding finally turned out nice, the drama and headache we had with this place all the way up to the week before the wedding was absolutely ridiculous! We WILL NOT have another event there. They were rude and unprofessional not to mention made it very difficult for us to enjoy our wedding planning

Sent on 06/01/2011

Dina · Married on 11/08/2014

0.2
      0.0

We had the top package with Floridian. The banquet hall & decorations were beautiful. However, the service was horrible & they completely messed up our food choices. We worked with them to plan our wedding for over 10 months & they completely ignored our requests for our dinner choices. There were many points throughout the night that our guests had no water, & there were no waiters or waitresses attending to our guests. The bathrooms were being renovated & didn't even have a mirror or soap dispenser. I can't express how disappointed we were. We thought we had established a relationship with them... In the end they could careless about us!!! I would never recommend Floridian to any one I care about!!!!

Sent on 11/18/2014