Florentina Flowers and Event Design Reviews

79 | Wayne, NJ

79 Reviews for Florentina Flowers and Event Design

Bree · Married on 09/06/2014

Domenica was wonderful. She made the process of picking flowers and designs for my wedding seamless. She took to to account the time of year, location of my wedding, our style, and the flowers that were in season ( a request of ours), and created beautiful boquets and centerpieces more loverly than any I have seen before. I would recommend her to any bride looking for a friendly, talented florist that won't break the bank while still creating your dream flowers.

Sent on 10/29/2014

3.5

Dominica did a fantastic job with my wedding flowers! They were everything I asked for and more, my boquet was more perfect than any picture I had seen in the Internet, and my bridesmaids' bouquets were just as lovely. She took into account the setting, the style of the wedding, the flowers that were in season ( I especially asked for these), and created a work of art. Many of the weddig flowers I had seen were comprised mainly of roses, and many florists insisted upon them in a boquet. Domenica very easily found alternate flowers that were perfect for me. I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for beautiful flowers that don't break the bank.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/07/2015

3.5

Domenica was great to work with she understood what we were looking for and worked with our budget

Sent on 08/29/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2014

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

I admit, I know little about flowers & didn’t have a solid idea of what I wanted. In our 1st meeting she showed us several ideas & mentioned that she could use different flowers & fillers to fit budgetary needs (i.e. a $50 bouquet or a $90 bouquet). When we got the plans for bouquets & centerpieces they were more than we were comfortable with, but were then told that we really couldn’t change things and needed to use particular flowers. I ended up having to cancel bouquets & centerpieces entirely. In an earlier meeting with the owner, I was informed that single roses were $3 a stem. After cancelling the floral centerpieces, I enquired about purchasing roses for a lower scale centerpiece idea. I was told they increased to $5 a stem because of rising shipping costs & the only way I could do it was by picking them up myself Friday (Saturday wedding) and cutting them myself. Needless to say, I didn’t do that. Just to see if I could still use my idea I called another local florist – who said there’d be no issue with picking up $3 roses morning of. Also – the last conversation I had with the owner we discussed some color in my bridal bouquet – I received an all-white bouquet. Perhaps again my fault because the paperwork said all-white, but I thought I’d get a little color.

Overall, Florentina is ok. Maybe a better company for someone well-versed in flowers? And my advice would be to have prices calculated before being all written up because that seems to be where we went wrong…during our meetings we’d discuss things, then she’d say she’d write it up & let us know, then we’d get sticker shock. I’m sure it was frustrating on both sides. She’d want me to be sure before we wrote it up, but that was tricky since I didn’t know what the cost would be until then.

For $800 we got: 1 bridal bouquet, 2 medium size vase arrangements, 8 boutonnieres, and 4 wrist corsages. It was nice that they delivered to both the hotel & venue (7 mins apart).

Sent on 10/31/2014

Florentina Flowers and Event Design's reply:

Thank you for your response Kimberly. It truly saddens me to see a review less than 5 stars as I have always received in the past from the hundreds of brides that I have worked with and who were always BEYOND happy with my work. Its a true shame when a client reaches out on the internet to express their feelings and yet does not inform the vendor they worked with so closely for so many months. I would be glad to speak with you further on this matter.