Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch Reviews

25 | Escondido, CA

25 Reviews for Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch

• MMansfield

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2019

Janna Hatch is an amazing florist. I would recommend anyone who is getting married to have her arrange their flowers.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Kelly Clingo · Married on 12/29/2018

She was really easy to work with and the flower arrangements were gorgeous!

The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! Janna is very talented and I will use her again. She was great helping us to figure out what we wanted.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Morgan Whitt · Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing!

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and our floral arrangements made it all the better! Janna was so accommodating, prompt, and worked well with us to give us what we wanted. Couldn’t recommend her more!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Sierra · Married on 06/15/2018

Yellow is my favorite color, and I wanted it to show up in my flowers, but I also knew my color scheme could be cheesy if I didn’t choose a florist who would use yellow very strategically. I could only find one example of the color scheme I wanted, so I needed a florist with a high level of quality and skill who would have the confidence to run with my vision.

I found Janna on Instagram and was immediately impressed by the diversity of arrangements she had done. At our first meeting, she caught on to my vision right away. She was easy to talk to and confident about what flowers would be available and when. I quickly saw she was experienced, and her Instagram and website pictures spoke for themselves.

Leading up to the wedding day, Janna was responsive and patiently answered our questions. She clearly had a better idea of how the wedding timeline was going to go than we did, and she even made suggestions that saved us money by repurposing pieces from the ceremony for the reception.

On the day of, the flowers turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Janna even stayed after the ceremony to transport and re-adjust the arch piece for our head table, which made it look stunning. If I had to do my wedding over, I would happily choose Janna again. People are still complimenting my flowers to this day! I know I owe that to Janna.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Victoria · Married on 03/10/2018

There are not enough kind words I can say about Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch. From the first time meeting her, she was so sweet and accommodating. Our first time meeting, she worked around my appointment, not knowing an exact time I would be available and she made it work. We talked and shared pictures and went through the whole process, and wants and needs, even things I wouldn't have ever thought about. She was aware of my budget and we talked about ways she could help get the most out of our budget and she sure did. Come the day of the wedding, Janna was there, in the rain, (yes, the rain changed up things last minute) but she was there making our dream wedding come to life. I had shown her images of bouquets I had liked and garland I thought were pretty, and I had expectations of what I thought they might look like. But what she created were more beautiful than I could ever have dreamt up! The flowers were ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! She excedded my expectations x100 over. My bouquet was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen and the garland runners were fuller and lusher than I knew could be possible. The boutonnieres, centerpieces, corsages, everything... just amazing. I highly recommend using Janna if you want your wedding to be as magical as ours was! Thank you so much, Janna - you nailed it!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch's reply:

Oh Victoria, you are a gem! I loved working with you, and your wedding day was a romantic beautiful dream, sprinkles and all! Thank you for the kind words.

Jackie · Married on 09/08/2017

Our wedding flowers were absolutely perfect, they smelled great and were gorgeous in every photo. Janna was so helpful during the planning process, I changed my mind a handful of times and Janna was so flexible and easy to coordinate with via email and during meetings. She gave us lots of cute ideas (beer bottle caps on the men’s bouts!) and also helped bring to our wedding vision to life! We are very happy we found her for our wedding.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2016

I could not have been more thrilled with Janna. My mom ended up meeting her because I live in NYC. Right away my mother liked her (which says a lot!). Planning a wedding from across the country has its challenges but with Janna, there were none. She took my vision and added her creativity and brought to the table ideas for arrangements that I had not thought of. I was also able to last minute rent 5 sets of pillar vases for floating candles and it was so easy to just send her an email and it was all arranged.

I could not have been more thrilled with Janna and my floral arrangements. Even the staff at the hotel we had the wedding at loved her. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Christy · Married on 09/24/2016

Janna did the flowers for our wedding and I can't express how completely amazed and happy we were with everything! From the time we first communicated over the phone, to meeting her personally when she delivered our flowers, she exceeded all our expectations! She "got" exactly what I had in mind. I wish I could post some photos!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Janna!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/26/2016

Janna and Natalie did a fantastic job on the flowers for our wedding! We couldn't have been more pleased with them. I showed Janna photos of what I wanted at the very beginning of planning and the arrangements she came up with were even more stunning and exactly what we wanted!!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch's reply:

Thank you, Lauren. You and Marty and your sweet parents were such a delight to work with! I enjoyed all the beautiful colors and flowers, and am so happy you were pleased with the arrangements, you are a gorgeous bride!!

Laura · Married on 05/16/2015

Janna was professional and responsive throughout the process. She was very easy to work. She had ample experience to provide insight or advice while also respecting and carrying out my vision. The flowers, boutonnieres, etc. all turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Every piece ordered reflected the care and passion she has for her business. I would definitely recommend her as a florist for your event.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/23/2015

Janna was so amazing! She was very attentive to my needs and responded to all my million emails I sent her. She knew exactly what I wanted and provided the most beautiful arrangements!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch's reply:

Thank you, Kristin! Your beautiful blush wedding dress was the inspiration for all the gorgeous flowers, and I'm so happy you were pleased!

Anna · Married on 03/14/2015

Janna was great. I had a small wedding (of only twenty people), and she didn't have a minimum order amount. She worked with me to fit my theme while being very affordable for someone not looking to go into debt for one day. She also delivered and set up the flowers at our outdoor locations. They were beautiful!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Thank you, Anna.
    Small or large, every wedding deserves beautiful flowers, and it was my pleasure to provide them for you! You were a beautiful bride and have a lovely family!
  • User3419829 · 2+ years ago

I was referred to Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch by a mutual friend. My fiance and I knew we wanted a professional to do our wedding bouquets and bouts but we were nervous that we would be charged an arm and a leg for it. Our budget was tiny but we knew that flowers were important to us (well, me). After meeting with Janna we felt like she had our vision in mind. I brought her a couple of pinterest pictures of different bouquets I liked and the end result was beautiful. She combined all the elements that I loved into one bouquet and it was reasonably priced too. We had her do 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 2 corsages for our mothers and 9 bouts.

Sent on 01/23/2014

Pamela · Married on 06/08/2013

Amazing job!!! Everything was beautiful and couldn't ask for more!!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Janna did a beautiful job! She knows her flowers in which to use for timing and appeal. My bouquet turned out to be more beautiful than I had imagined. Janna was also very flexible and willing to work on my tight budget.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jenn · Married on 09/02/2012

I can not even begin to express how grateful I am for Janna! . We live in Chicago and were getting married in La Jolla. Planning a wedding from a far can be a challenge in and of itself. Janna far exceeded my expectations and transformed what already was a gorgeous venue, into a beautiful enchanting evening. It was all about the little touches... from the jewels in my bouquet, to the hanging crystals at the alter, to the glass place card holders, down to the outdoor embellished fireplace... all stunning, all gorgeous!!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Tisha · Married on 08/03/2012

Janna did such a great job for our wedding. The flowers were so amazing and breath taking. I loved them all. She went above and beyond to make our flowers be memorable. She even used her own lace from her own bridal gown to use on the wraps of our bouquets. Thank you Janna for making the most beautiful flower arrangements!

Sent on 08/11/2012

Emily · Married on 01/21/2012

Janna was great to work with. Our flowers were beautiful!! She added lots of special touches and surprises to help make our day more special.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

Janna is amazing! Janna did the flowers for my recent wedding. She helped me to clarify my vision while capturing all my "musts". When I saw the finished product, it was even better than expected. Her arrangements were beautiful and captured exactly the feel I was going for. Janna worked extra hard to include everything I wanted while staying within our budget. I was beyond happy with Janna's creations and her professionalism!

Sent on 09/24/2011

TIna · Married on 04/02/2011

Janna was amazing. I felt at ease the minute I meet her and started talking to her about my vision. She captured it beautifully and beyond what I could have hoped for. She was flexible and let my fiance and I come over to view what the center piece were going to look like before hand. My fiance/husband is very very very picky and opinionated and she dealt with his wishes wonderfully! Many of my flowers were succulants which I still have potted around our house today. She demonstrated her professionalism by checking in with me every step of the way and clarifying things when they came up. Excellent service!

Sent on 05/27/2011

Brittany · Married on 12/19/2008

The flowers for our wedding were more beautiful than we could ever imagine thanks to Janna! Everything we had pictured and more came alive on our big day! Her kind service and careful attention to details and creativity were all so wonderful. I greatly enjoyed working with her! She helped make our wedding day so elegant and memorable. Our photos turned out great and we are still getting compliments on them...3 years later! http://floraloccasionsbyjanna.blogspot.com/2011/05/san-diego-wedding-florist.html

Sent on 10/05/2011

Madeleine · Married on 06/24/2017

Beautiful, amazing, unique bouquets! More beautiful than I could have imagined. :) Made my wedding photos amazing. Bridesmaids loved their mini matching bouquets.

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • F

Francine · Married on 08/18/2007

Positives:

Cost effective!! She works with you on your budget and finds the flowers and decorations which are affordable to you and that you love!!

Creative, thinks outside the box (or at least did in the case of my centerpiece --- upside down humungous vase)

Very personal (spent 3 hours with us on first visit and I don’t know how many e-mails we exchanged after that JUST about flowers)

Took our ideas and made them more beautiful

Has pride in her work!

Went above and beyond providing stands, etc. we did not pay for, putting extra gold thread through the boutineeres to match my bouquet and make stand out. I asked for roses on the stone wall, she did not just plop them out, but actually placed them in the crevices of the wall (several people said something to me about how beautiful that looked). Etc. etc.

Negatives:

As a florist, none.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND: for any budget.

Sent on 11/14/2007

Anon · Married on 02/02/2011

3.5

The flowers were gorgeous and although the cost did not grossly outweigh the beauty and creativity of the flowers, I feel they were a bit overpriced

Sent on 05/31/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2006

Beautiful flowers, and she will deliver them to the temple for you.

Sent on 10/28/2008