Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry Reviews

Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry 5
Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry 6
Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry 7

Charlene · Married on 12/10/2011

We have had the privilege of working with Larry for our daughter's August 2011 wedding and also Maria for one of our other daughter’s wedding in December of 2011. They both are very easy to talk to...they are welcoming-providing a very relaxed atmosphere, which is helpful at a taxing time. They listen genuinely to what you have to say and guide and greatly enhance your vision. Their experience in the business is clear in every aspect of their work. They are sensitive to your floral needs and treat your wedding with great importance. The bridal bouquets were stunning, as were the centerpieces for the receptions. Their special touch was evident at the receptions as they did tremendous jobs on the wedding cakes and other areas at the venues. They are two lovely people who happen to be very talented at what they do and it was a pleasure meeting and working with them.

Sent on 02/01/2012

Raymond · Married on 12/03/2011

Floral Expressions came highly recommended by our venue (Woodcliff Manor), and we were very happy with our experience. We worked with Larry, and when we first met him, we came in with some non-traditional concepts in mind. Larry took the time to work with us and our ideas to help us evolve and construct our concept. We ended up building a sample centerpiece right on the spot, and when we saw it, we know that's exactly what we wanted.

When the day of the wedding came, they came in and set everything up with no hassles or any involvement from us. Everything was done seamlessly and done well according to plan. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Great job!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/06/2011

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Maria and Larry. What a fun couple! It's inspiring to see couples who have been married for 30+ years in the wedding business. Maria is so creative and has such wonderful ideas, I felt such a connection with her the minute we met. She seemed to understand my vision better than I could! She listened to what it was I liked and didn't like. As far as pricing, we found her to be extremely reasonable. We had gone to another vendor first and they wanted to charge us $50 for a 3 rose bouquet. With 14 people in our bridal party, that was ridiculous. Maria and Larry even went as far as assembling our centerpieces that we had bought and planned on assembling on our own. Everything was beautiful and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/18/2012

Jill · Married on 10/15/2011

When planning our wedding, I was most concerned about the flowers because I looked on the internet and was completely overwhelmed by the amount of choices. We were on a budget and I heard all sorts of stories of how out of control people got with their flowers and centerpieces. Larry and Maria were perfect. Maria spent so much time with me and helped me to narrow down colors, types of flowers and the look of my centerpieces while keeping me within my budget. My wedding was in October so we did a beautiful fall theme of ivory, apricot and pumpkin orange with an accent of eggplant purple to match the bridesmaid's dresses. She created two different gorgeous centerpieces because I liked the idea of having more to look at than just the same flowers on every table. One was long vases with orchids that looked like they were suspended in air throughout the vase and the other huge mixed flower bouquets that included a few of the orchids used in the other vase. We also used candles to accent everything. She decorated our cake with flowers and Larry did a fantastic job on our chuppah. Everyone was talking about how gorgeous the room looked and the Manager of the country club was so impressed by their work that he asked me for their number. In addition, I thought I'd have to be more involved with making sure everything flowed correctly on the day of the wedding. Maria told me not to worry about it. She took the number of the Club manager and they arranged everything so I didn't have to think about it. I work full time and my mom is in Florida and my maid of honor in Chicago. I really needed a florist who I could count on to take care of everything without me having to get too involved and that's exactly what she did. With Maria and Larry you can be as involved or not involved as your time allows and you can completely count on getting 200% from them. I can't imagine them doing any better if it was a wedding for their own children. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a florist. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/12/2012

Geraldine · Married on 09/10/2011

Larry was just great. He staged the mansion at Natirar for our daughter's wedding. The fireplaces were sparkling with light and rose petals. The table flowerss were exactly what the bride and groomed wanted. They looked beautiful and elegant. He decorated the cakes, rooms and the hallyways with rose buds. The flikkering lights all around the mansion added a wonderful glow and an atmosphere that was elegant and inviting. Our guests commented on how beautiful the rooms looked.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Daniel · Married on 08/27/2011

We interviewed 3 other floral services for our wedding. No one compared to Larry and his patience and ability to take our thoughts and design them into reality. Unfortunatly, our wedding was scheduled on the same day that Hurricane Irene hit causing us to have to cancel our wedding. Being that this was at the last minute and the flowers were already at Larry's, he put together all the arrangements and even offered to deliver them to whereever we choose. The flowers were stunning and his professionalism was very much appreciated. We will be using them again and I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Erik · Married on 08/27/2011

Working with Floral Expressions was truly a great experience! Larry is so knowledgable and worked with me and my partner in helping to create our unique and out-of-the box arrangements. We originally had a date for our wedding on August 27...the day Hurricane Irene hit! Unfortunately, we had to cancel the day before due to the weather :( The table arrangements had already been prepared but Larry was kind enough to work with us on refunding us what he could and fairly adjusting the bill for when our new date comes. My husband and I are looking forward to working with them again as we prepare for our new wedding date of May 19!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2011

We could not have been any happier with everything that Larry and Maria did for us. The flowers were beautiful, vibrant, and EXACTLY what we wanted! We saw a sample center piece about 2 months prior to the wedding and it got us so excited because it was more beautiful that we could have imagined. The bouquets were spectacular and looked amazing with the dresses. Larry and Maria created a beautiful Chuppah for us and were so patient on perfecting the final details of our ceremony, as we were not sure if it would be held indoors or outdoors. Everything they did was perfect... without a doubt we will be passing their name along to family and friends!! Thank you Larry and Maria for helping to create such a beautiful wedding from start to finish!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Eleni · Married on 06/26/2011

We used Floral Expressions for our wedding and couldn't be happier. Larry gave us exactly what we wanted! I was very indecisive and he made multiple samples until we found the right one, he was very patient and helpful! Highly recommended to couples looking to bring dream wedding visions to life!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Sean · Married on 06/11/2011

Larry and Maria are amazing people and do unbelievable work. They were completely accommodating and their work totally exceeded our expectations. They have done work for other couples we know as well and the flowers were amazing everytime. We highly highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Amie · Married on 05/28/2011

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Colonial Inn, NJ. The spray of flowers across the top of the gazebo was beautiful and stunning. The ceremony was exactly what we envisioned it to be. We received a lot of compliments on how beautiful the decorations were including the centerpieces. The groom and I were very satisfied and impressed by the work. The flowers were truly a masterpieces.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Lena · Married on 05/15/2011

MADE MY DREAMS A REALITY!!!!
    Maria & Larry were the best florists to work with. My flowers came out amazingly beautiful. Beyond my highest expections, and I'm very particular, so that's no easy task. Maria was so sweet & accomodating to my requests and she tried to save me money, instead of trying to charge me more! Flowers was one of my priorities in my wedding & FloralExpressions by Maria & Larry delivered everything I ever dreamed of and more!!!

The Centerpieces were spectacular & all the guests wanted one to take home with them. I got so many rave reviews from my guests about the arrangements & the bouquets! I loved it all! Very happy bride!!!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2011

Maria and Larry created beautiful, unique hand tied bouquets, ceremony decorations and table centerpieces for our wedding. Maria's patience during the design period greatly appreciated! We had no idea what we wanted during our first meeting, and Maria patiently described possible suggestions and helped us narrow down the choices. My bouquet of roses and orchids was simply amazing and truly unique. The wedding party flowers and the venue decorations were spot-on. I loved what they designed and delivered for our wedding. Thank you, Maria and Larry, for working with us to create such personalized floral arrangements!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2011

AMAZING!!!!! Maria and Larry we so great and did such a beautiful job.

Sent on 05/10/2011

Keri · Married on 04/09/2011

I planned my NJ wedding from VA and TX. During an initial visit to NJ I did my meetings to pick the vendors I would use and we chose Maria & Larry for flowers. I didn't have much for specifics in my flowers. All I knew was I wanted some calla lilies for their personal meaning to me. We went through the book of flowers a little, I think so she could see how I liked the seasonal flowers she expected to see and just make sure she didn't include flowers I thought were really ugly.

Besides that I just gave her the colors I wanted in the bouquets, clothing colors so she could use a matching ribbon color to wrap the flowers, and the number of pieces we needed. She asked me about what I wanted for decorations at the venue, which was beyond me. She is familiar with many(most? all?) of the venues in the area and could tell me what was a must have and any optional things I might want. No pressure to select expensive flowers or to get "optional" arrangements.

Considering my time restraints when planning in NJ, I was very happy that I could just tell Maria the colors I wanted for the flowers and didn't have to sit there and figure out every flower. If you talk to her, she will also tell you that she likes the flexibility because she is able to pick out the best flowers available. When the shipments come in the flower you selected might not look as nice as it should. (Have you ever received an arrangement someone sent to you of "beautiful" flowers that just didn't make it during shipping or maybe it wasn't in season and was came in was just a shadow of what you know it should look like?). So I would highly suggest giving any "must have" sentimental flowers, but leaving the rest up to her. My arrangements turned out beautiful.

After the initial visit we communicated through email, which is my preference. I had no problems receiving quick responses. They are very flexible; I had to add and subtract different pieces as crazy things seemed to happen in my bridal party. Even a few days before we had to add a boutonniere. Just let them know if changes occur and they will do their best to help.

On a side note, this was technically my second wedding. We had a tiny ceremony out in TX because of our situation. I got a bouquet and told the lady what I wanted. Not only did she try to guide me to other options I didn't want, but the end result was soo far from what I had envisioned. That bouquet's flowers looked like they were not what they could have/should have been. The roses were barely open. She didn't want to dye flowers blue, so she said she would put in lots of blue ribbon loops to account for the color. (She couldn't get any blue flowers either... I got a fake calla lilly from michael's put in the arrangement though) There were barely any blue loops, and she put in green leaf loops which I had told her I did not want. I was incredible disappointed in that bouquet.

So for general wedding advice, just be careful. Not every florist, or vendor for that matter, is trustworthy. Maria and Larry are, and without a detailed list of what I wanted were able to give me everything I wanted. If you're talking to someone and you feel like you're setting for something you don't really want, take another look around and see if you can find what you really want.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Dawn · Married on 10/22/2010

Maria and Larry are a brides best friend. Everyone knows planning a wedding is extremely stressful. One thing I kept worrying about was my vendors and whether or not they would gt everything right, or more importantly even remember to show up! Maria and Larry had everythig under co trip with ease. They made everything so simple and worry free for the nervous bride. Everything looked so perfect and they are just wonderful people to work with.

Dawn, Wayne NJ

Sent on 04/23/2011

Kimberly · Married on 10/16/2010

I would highly recommend Maria and Larry to any bride who wants to have exceptionally beautiful flowers at an extremely fair price. I met with Maria one night and she patiently answered all of my questions and provided awesome advice for over 2 hours and I hadn't even paid a deposit or booked her. She just genuinely cared about my vision for my wedding and wanted me to understand all of my options. She made my centerpieces, and even her daughter carved pumpkin luminaries for some of my centerpieces! They were absolutely stunning. My bouquet and bridesmaids' bouquets were gorgeous! She took what I had envisioned and completely "Wow'ed" me with the result. My jaw dropped at the reception when I saw the centerpieces. She does amazing work, and will work with your budget to ensure your day is as incredible (and more so!) as you imagined it!

Sent on 10/20/2010

julie · Married on 07/11/2010

They were very workable and wanted to make sure that everything would come out exactly how it should. They made sure to take what we wanted but also gave their suggestions to make our wedding as elegant as we hoped for. Thank you for all you did.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2010

Larry was completely helpful in everything I wanted and needed, and some of the centerpieces (an orchid in a square vase with a floating candle) lasted for weeks after the reception! The flowers were beautiful.

Sent on 06/02/2010

George · Married on 01/05/2010

Great to work with and their displays were amazing. Amazing set of roses and carnations for the entire ceremony! My goodness there is absolutely NO reason not to choose this store to do your wedding!

Sent on 03/22/2010

Tara · Married on 09/19/2009

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful Maria and Larry are! And their service and business reflect their hard work, passion, and love for what they do. They have endless amounts of patience and will take all the time you need to sit with you, discuss what you would like, and how you imagine your special day! Their level of professionalism and dedication to making my day special was impressive. And their prices are more than fair. They will work with your budget and do whatever they can to create just what it is you are looking for.

Maria and Larry are two very special people - and run a very special business. I have referred numerous people to them for their weddings. They are just remarkable!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Patty · Married on 12/06/2008

I have nothing but good things to say about Floral Expressions. From our first meeting, Maria was very warm & friendly in addition to having the expertise necessary to make my day special. I showed her some photos of ideas I had & at our second meeting, she had a sample centerpiece prepared that was exactly what I had in mind. She was helpful with colors, ideas and also on how to save on pricing. Both Maria & Larry were very professional and handled every detail to my expectations. At the wedding, Larry had everything finished on schedule as requested. They created beautiful candle arrangements with baby rose wreaths which rested on mirrors. They were very elegant, just as I had imagined. The entire reception room had a romantic glow which reflected in the mirrors, plus the frangrant smell of the flowers just filled the room. My guests were raving the entire evening about the centerpieces & floral arrangements which were utilized for both the ceremony & reception. My centerpieces were created specifically so that everyone at the table took something home with them. I had many people ask who made the centerpieces & I am still getting compliments to this day. I still have the candle arrangements at home now & the rose wreaths have dried & look just as beautiful as they did on the wedding day. I wish that I could attach photos of Maria & Larry's work, but I'm sure they have photos when you contact them. Once again Floral Expressions played a huge part in making my wedding day very special & I would recommend them to anyone who is planning to get married.

Sent on 02/19/2009

Meghan · Married on 10/03/2008

Maria and Larry were very knowledgable and very helpful. They had a lot of resources for me to look through and had a lot of ideas of their own. They were very professional. It was very easy working with them which relieved a lot of my stress. Everything looked wonderful. We received many comments on just how pretty all of the flowers and decor turned out. The flowers were of high quality as well. I would highly recommend them. They were actually recommended to me.

Sent on 03/16/2009

Katie · Married on 09/14/2008

I mostly worked with Maria. She was very accommodating right from the beginning. I explained what I was looking for and Maria made suggestions that would accommodate both my vision and my budget.

The wedding flowers for both the ceremony and reception were beautiful and exactly as I imagined they would be. The centerpieces were so beautiful...our guests snatched them up right away!! Everything was perfect.

I would definitely recommend Maria and Larry for any wedding or event.

Katie
    Midland Park, NJ

Sent on 03/20/2009

Marla · Married on 10/28/2007

I was under a great deal of stress trying to plan the wedding of my dreams in only 6 months having just moved halfway across the country. I found Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry online and they were the ONLY florist that actually had more than 2 or 3 photos of examples of flowers to view. This was extremely helpful to me as I had very limited time in person to make all the arrangements for my wedding. I viewed examples of hundreds of flowers for brides bouquets, table flowers, bridesmaid flowers, church flowers etc. on their website. I found some beautiful photos of table arrangements and called to price them. I spoke with Larry who was so pleasant, patient and willing to work with me to get me what I wanted in my budget. The day before I had an appointment with Larry, my connecting flight was cancelled leaving me stuck in the middle of the country with no luggage. The next day I took an early flight to NJ and drove straight to my appointment (not the ideal way to book your wedding flowers!) I was a bit frazzled but Larry was so kind and understanding he took all the time I needed to pick out my flowers. He also had a sample made up of what my table arrangements would look like based on our earlier conversations of what I wanted and my budget. When I walked in and saw the sample it was so absolutely gorgeous that I felt very confident that all my flowers were going to turn out fabulous!
    Well brides everywhere let me just tell you that my flowers turned out more gorgeous than my wildest expectations!! My flowers were one of the very few things that turned out right with my wedding. My bouquet and my bridesmaid's bouquets turned out exactly as I had imagined! The colors in my bridesmaid's bouquets were so brilliant it caught my eye while I was on the altar that I remember that moment even today! The church flowers were just awesome and the table arrangements simply exquisite! When I saw the arrangement Maria, Larry's wife made for our head table, my jaw dropped! It was stunning!!! I had so much trouble with my other wedding vendors lying to me, cheating me and not having things turn out the way I wanted, that one of the happiest memories I have is how perfect my wedding flowers turned out. My experience with Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry was just wonderful, the quality of the flowers was above and beyond what I expected, the value unbeatable, their friendliness and professionalism exceptional, their willingness to get you what you want in your price range unbelievable! My mother dried my bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, my head table arrangement and the church flowers and has made some awesome dried flower arrangements so that my beautiful wedding flowers will live on!

Sent on 02/20/2009