Flora Designs by Jamae Reviews

Flora Designs by Jamae 4
Flora Designs by Jamae 5
Flora Designs by Jamae 6

Chelsie · Married on 08/11/2018

Jamae came to our rescue just weeks before our wedding when our original florist did not work out. We cannot thank her enough for saving our big day - and in such a BIG WAY! Jamae is extremely talented and her floral design is simply gorgeous. We met with Jamae once just two weeks before our wedding day and with just a short conversation and a few inspirational photos, she was able to big our vision to life - with bouquets, large whiskey barrel displays, floral hoops, centerpieces and much more. We couldn't have been happier with our floral. We received SO many compliments. Jamae is simply AMAZING and I would highly recommend her for any special occasion. She played such a huge role in making our day simply perfect. We are beyond grateful!

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2017

Jamae did a wonderful job of bringing the southern experience to Madison for our welcoming party before my son's wedding. She saw our vision of julep cups, magnolia leaves, spanish moss and cotton stalks to make gorgeous arrangements for the tables. Although I changed my ideas a ton of times, she was always so accommodating and never got frustrated with me. Highly recommend!!

Devon · Married on 06/03/2017

I have nothing but praise for Jamae and her skills. She took our vision and made it into something ten times better than I could have hoped for. All of our bouquets were perfect and smelled amazing, and all of the decorative floral turned out wonderfully. She was also very flexible with some last minute additions to the floral plans. We loved having Jamae as our florist.

• Kara

Kara · Married on 05/19/2017

Jamae is awesome! I don't know much about flowers and wasn't sure what I wanted for my wedding. After showing her some pictures and inspiration she put together a plan within my budget that was exactly what I was envisioning. The day of the wedding she was at the venue to deliver the flowers and set up. It was very stress-free on my part and I was very happy with the final product. The centerpieces and bouquets were beautiful and exactly what I was picturing. I am so glad I worked with Jamae as my florist!

Golnaz · Married on 08/20/2016

Jamae is INCREDIBLE. She can take a few images and words and create the wedding of your dreams. She has tons of experience and has an amazing eye for design. On top of all that, she is detail-oriented, and will think of things that you may have missed along the way. Thanks to Jamae, our wedding was so beautiful: classic and modern all at the same time. She is also just so much fun to work with, and sometimes she was more excited than we were for our wedding! I definitely recommend her as a florist and designer.

Ruth · Married on 07/03/2016

Jamae is a true artist. We met with Jamae twice, and felt like she immediately understood our vision of a light, airy brunch reception with lots of greens and aromatics. She created an incredible floor arrangement for our horseshoe shaped ceremony, simple clusters of arrangements for our reception space, herbal boutonnières, and perfectly proportioned bouquets. We trusted her creativity and the result was absolutely beautiful.

Ashton · Married on 09/04/2015

Jamae is absolutely amazing! I couldn't have asked for someone better to work with. She listened to what I wanted, and made my flowers even more beautiful than I could have imagined! I was in love with all the work she did. She even worked in a special surprise for my groom's boutonniere. She provided with me with suggestions and ideas through my entire wedding planning process, and I felt like I could turn to her with all of my questions, floral related or not. Definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Absolutely amazing, gorgeous, and unique flowers provided for our wedding! Jamae was fantastic. Very easy to work with, and she really "got" what we were looking for pretty instantly. We went in with only a very rough idea of what we wanted, and very few examples, AND some of the flowers I wanted were out-of-season....but she did an AMAZING job pulling it all together with very minimal effort from us, and filling in the gaps. It was like she read our minds. We wanted very unique, structural, asymmetrical arrangements--pretty atypical wedding stuff. She did a fantastic job making that happen, and got very artistic with it all kinds of cool plants, from succulents to calla lilies. Everything was stunning.
    She even sent along a very cute little flower circlet for my head--which I was a little skeptical of at first (I had thought we were just sticking flowers into my 'do), but holy cow was it pretty. It really pulled together the "look." What a nice touch.
    AND she made a garland for my horse's neck, which I think he was very proud to wear. How can you top that?! Some florists would roll their eyes at you for asking for such a thing, I think, but Jamae seemed to think it was a very fun and exciting challenge :) Beautiful job all around.

Laura · Married on 05/30/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Jamae. She is professional, timely, a pleasure to work with and above all things extraordinarily talented. I loved absolutely everything about my flowers, from the church to the cake. I felt that Jamae knew exactly what I wanted but made it even better. I highly recommend her.

Hannah · Married on 08/23/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with Jamae on our wedding flowers. We started with just a general idea of what we had in mind (bright!) and she crafted that into beautiful center pieces and bouquets that fit our venue and style perfectly. Highly recommend!

Janet · Married on 07/05/2014

We were so happy to have chosen Jamae as our wedding florist. She is incredibly creative and her work is stunning. We were planning our wedding from out of town and only got to meet once in person, yet she was very flexible in working with us via phone calls, emails, and texts. She was great at listening to our ideas and expanding on them, and we could not have been more thrilled with the end results. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful thanks to the gorgeous flowers Jamae provided.

David · Married on 07/06/2013

Flowers were beautiful, Jamae handled everything! Amazing job!!

Stunning floral designs. I would recommend this vendor for sure.

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2012

Jamae did all of the flowers for our wedding. I met Jamae at a wedding show and scheduled a consultation. Jamae has such a great energy, she’s very friendly, and she has great ideas. It was fun to brainstorm with her – you can tell she knows a ton about flowers. We had a very minimal knowledge of flowers, and she was great at explaining different aspects for us. I didn’t have a concrete idea of what I wanted so I gave her a general idea: wildflowers, herbs, cool colors with a pop of orange, unstructured, and bohemian. I collected various glass vases to use as centerpieces and she even planted some fresh herbs in some tiny jelly jars for the tables. Each table was unique and gorgeous. She also decorated the cake table similarly, and it looked fantastic. For the ceremony, we bought two large trees (that we later planted at our house), and she used ribbons strung between the trees to make a curtain. She tied flowers to the ribbons and created the most beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. I know she worked really hard and took a lot of time decorating the ceremony and reception space for us. It was perfect.
    The bouquets she created were fabulous as well. I requested each bridesmaid bouquet to be a little different. She did such a great job making them unique but similar. She used a variety of different flowers (I had no preference), and they were all very fresh and vibrant.
    The boutonnieres were no exception to the wonderful quality of work. Since my husband loves microbreweries so much, Jamae incorporated artistic beer bottle caps into the bouts. They were so cool and unique. I absolutely love how they turned out.
    Jamae was great about working within our budget, and we revised the quote several times to make everything work. She was prompt with all correspondence. It was really great working with her.

• Susan

Susan · Married on 10/10/2015

Jamae's work is beautiful, and she was so fantastic to work with. I went to her with vague ideas of what I liked ("purple-ish," "comfortable," "lots of texture") and she created a design that completely captured what I didn't even know I was looking for. She even helped recommend the table layouts for the venue. Jamae did a mini mock-up of the tables right in front of me in her studio, and then created a design board so that I could walk away an idea of what she'd create for us. When I struggled to figure out exactly how many corsages and tables and such we'd have, she was very responsive and worked with me to tweak the design. The day of the wedding I only saw her for a split second, but she placed everything where I needed it to go at the Monona Terrace and picked up the vases the next day. It was so fantastic (and easy!) to work with her. I highly recommend Jamae for any bride who needs help creating a vision, and who wants low stress the day of the wedding!

Lindsey · Married on 08/02/2014

Jamae was fantastic to work with! She was even willing to use antique jewelry in the floral arrangements and everything turned out wonderful. The reason for the 4.5 review for quality is because there were many flowers that wilted half way through the day. I believe this had more to do with the type of flower than with how fresh they were, but a little disappointing. Otherwise, great experience and I would choose to work with her again!

• User4206372 · 2+ years ago

Jamae is not only a PLEASURE to work with, she is very artistic, knowledgeable, creative and did a BEAUTIFUL job for us!!!!! She works out of Stoughton, Wi. Our wedding was a destination wedding in Lake Geneva. She actually drove down for a weekend three months prior to the event, just to visit the reception site and church!

When my daughter (the bride) showed up for one of our meetings with Jamae, stressed out from usual "wedding stress", Jamae kindly offered her wine and a friendly shoulder to lean on.

Aside from what a wonderful person she is, her flowers are absolutely gorgeous, and quite affordable for what she provides! I would strongly recommend Flora by Jamae. Everyone is still complimenting us on the flowers!

• Luke

Luke · Married on 04/28/2013

Jamae was able to take our ideas and produced exactly what we wanted. She was not pushy with her own ideas

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2017

I loved my wedding flowers! Jamae is a very talented florist, and she had the ability to take the vision I had and put together a beautiful array of floral creations for our big day! She was very responsive to my initial inquiry and set up a FaceTime with me right away as I was out of state. As the day grew closer she was a little harder to get ahold of, in the heart of the summer wedding season, so the in-person final consultation was the chance to nail down most of our details. She has a great selection of vases and lanterns, which I didn't realize until meeting at her studio, so we were able to use those pretty things as well!
    The bouquets were my absolute favorite part, and she used ribbon I sent her to wrap them. She also made these stunning swags for our homemade arch. Everything was gorge and she was prompt and didn't miss anything!

Flora Designs by Jamae 7
    Flora Designs by Jamae 12

Becca · Married on 10/14/2017

3.0
      3.5

I must begin by say how amazing all of the floral and decorations turned out. Everything was perfect, and I didn't have to set up anything or worry about anything day of...she even added a few extra flowers to an area that looked a little bare last minute. For someone who is VERY detail-oriented and likes to plan well in advance, I struggled a bit here. Jamae is a true artist and makes everything beautiful, but I had trouble visualizing all of her ideas. In the end we ended up with everything I could have asked and the perfect compliment to the vibe we were going for. She was able to reuse elements from the ceremony for the centerpieces, which helped with the costs. I would absolutely, without reservations, use Flora Designs by Jamae again and recommend them to anyone getting married in th3e Madison area!