44 Reviews for Fleur du Jour

44 Fleur du Jour Reviews

Sarah is truly outstanding! We are so happy that we chose Fleur du Jour for our wedding flowers. From our first meeting, Sarah listened and understood the aesthetic I was hoping for, and was able to illustrate my ideas in exactly the ways I'd envisioned. She was conscious of our budget and was able to deliver everything we wanted without going over. Throughout the entire planning process she was a joy to work with, and our flowers were absolutely gorgeous. We received so many compliments! Sarah is incredibly talented, professional, and kind. I highly recommend Fleur du Jour to anyone looking for a fantastic florist, and will certainly use them in the future! Thank you Sarah and Kate!

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend using Kate for your wedding. She just did my wedding on 10/3/2015. The flower arrangements, boutonnieres, bouquets, and cocktail table flowers were beautiful and exactly how I envisioned. She even helped setup our floating candles and stayed after the ceremony to help flip for the reception. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process.

Profile Picture User4299167, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Oh, Kate, how you made all my floral wedding dreams come true!!! I love, love, loved my flowers and bouquets. Kate is a breeze to work with and so professional. She dropped off bouquets in Mount Prospect, ceremony flowers in Rogers Park, and reception flowers in Oak Park without batting an eye! I've been to countless ceremonies at our church and I've never seen the aisle look prettier. She was so flexible with the budget and provided so many flowers at such a reasonable rate. I can go on and on about the flower and how much I enjoyed working with Kate.

Profile Picture Maureen, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend using Kate at Fleur Du Jour as your wedding florist! I have never seen such amazing bouquets at any wedding, and our guests raved about the centerpieces. Kate is amazing, and she really takes the overall wedding vision into account when she is selecting vases and accessories for the tables. She was sweet and helpful, and the flowers were stunning! She is also very affordable and able to work within any budget. I can't say enough amazing things about her, and I hope this will help other brides find the most amazing florist in Chicago.

Profile Picture Stacey, 4/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We couldn't have been more thrilled with Kate's work and are still getting compliments on how gorgeous the decor at our wedding was. Kate listened intently to what I envisioned and went above and beyond to give us not only exactly what I asked for - but more than I could have ever dreamed of having. THANK YOU Kate - you helped make our day as perfect as it was!

Profile Picture Sammy, 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend Fleur du Jour for your floral needs.
When I got engaged, I was doing some research and randomly found a positive review for Kate and her business, Fleur Du Jour, on a WeddingWire review for our venue, Cafe La Cave.
I googled "Fleur Du Jour" and viewed some of her work and read her Yelp reviews and knew I had to meet her. She was the first and ONLY florist I met with. From the very first time we met Kate, she was very personable and professional. From that moment on, I knew she was the florist I wanted to work with for our wedding day. I told her the color scheme I wanted and she listened to my ideas and also offered her own suggestions (which we ultimately went with).
We live out of state and the few times we would come into town and meet with Kate, she was very accommodating with our schedules and punctual for our meetings.
After seeing her work and hearing her ideas, I had 100% faith in her and her creativity.
Kate let us choose one of our wedding day arrangements and offered to make a sample before our wedding day so we could get a better idea of the final product.
I chose a sample arrangement of one of our altar arrangements.
We met her at her studio in Ukranian Village and when I walked in, it was the first arrangement I saw, and I was blown away at how at how beautiful it was.
From that moment on, I had 100% faith in anything Kate would design.
At one point in our wedding planning, I was so worn out, I gave her permission to do whatever she thought would look best.
Needless to say, Kate came through!
ALL the arrangements --- my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, boutineers and table centerpieces looked absolutely AMAZING.
We had so many compliments on how nice and lively the flowers looked.
I feel so blessed to have had Kate as our florist.
I was 100% satisfied and would give her my highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Carrie , 8/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I don't even know where to begin to explain how amazing Kate is to work with! Not only is she an incredibly talented florist but she is a delightful person with a fun personality. I knew nothing about flowers going in to planning for our wedding and only had a vague idea of what I wanted. Kate listened to every detail of what I wanted or what I like vs don't like and created the most beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen! She used flowers I didn't even know existed and I had more than a dozen people comment on how stunning the flowers were. I am on pins and needles waiting to see our photos not because I want to see me or my husband but because I've JUST GOT TO GET ANOTHER LOOK AT THOSE FLOWERS! I could go on for days about how wonderful Kate is to work with!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kate is fantastic! She's a total pro with a true artistic vision who totally understood and executed my ideas of a modern urban wedding. So many people have told me how much they loved my bouquet and our centerpieces.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 5/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I stumbled across Kate on a couple different bridal websites and decided to check her out based off her glowing reviews thinking she must be too good to be true. I'm a skeptic of florists as I'm one of the types where I don't know what I want, but I definitely know what I do NOT want and have a hard time communicating specifically what I dislike. After interviewing a couple florists, I felt Kate was the only one that really understood what I was looking for despite my lack of direction. She was even willing to work within my modest budget when other florists would have easily turned me away. Over the months leading up to the wedding, Kate answered each and every one of my dozens of questions promptly and professionally. I gave her a heads up that I was on a mission for the perfect vases for my centerpieces and she took over and found the perfect ones for half the price I found! Kate was even willing to browse my pinterest board and get an idea of the look I was looking for without me having to explain every flower, color, and detail of every arrangement and bouquet.

After a quick call the week prior to the wedding, she went over all the tiny details of what to expect and made sure we covered everything. As a bride, it's such a relief to have someone who thinks of all the logistics before you do. She dropped off all the arrangements at the venue prior to swinging by our hotel to drop off the personal flowers for pictures.

My flowers were gorgeous! When I got the to reception, I was so thrilled with the flowers that I even took a minute to text her before the party started to let her know how awesome they turned out! I couldn't have been happier working with Kate and the flowers she provided for our wedding. I'm still receiving compliments on how beautiful they looked. All thanks to Kate! She made everything such a breeze!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate was recommended to us by a friend who got married a few years ago, and we decided to use her for our wedding 2 weeks ago. We could not have been happier with her! We didn't really have very specific ideas about what we were looking for with our flowers, and when we met her with little more than "our colors are purple and green and we don't want to spend a fortune on flowers" she was full of suggestions! She was very professional and pleasant, and was always quick to return correspondence. The day before our wedding, she contacted me to let me know that there was some problems with some of the flowers we had chosen to use in our arrangements, but she was quick to suggest a replacement option and made it happen without adding extra burden to us. She delivered our flowers to our hotel and venue in Glenview on the day of our wedding, and they were breathtakingly beautiful! The replacement flowers she had to use in our bouquets were flawless, and our centerpiece arrangements were gorgeous! And the best part is that she is very affordable. We found out pretty quick that your florist bill can skyrocket really fast if you're not careful, but we were able to work with Kate to get a bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutonnieres, 3 corsages, and 18 simple floral arrangements for our tables for less than $1000. And they were perfect! Kate is excellent at what she does, and our flowers turned out more beautiful than I ever imagined they would be!

Profile Picture Michael, 4/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate did a phenomenal job with all of the flowers for our wedding and I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out!!

We were planning our wedding from New Mexico, so I didn't have a chance to meet with her before the wedding and we did all of our communicating via email & phone calls. I initially sent her a very rough idea of what I thought I wanted (a couple of pictures and a brief description). She came up with detailed and itemized descriptions of everything we would need for the day (all still before we had booked her!), and even gave a couple of options for flower combinations & table centerpieces. There were a decent amount of decisions I was unsure about (like which flowers to choose, ribbon color for the bouquets, etc) that I left up to her.

I met her on the day of my wedding at the church and she showed up with even more beautiful bouquets than I could have hoped for! They were wonderfully fragrant, full, and just all around gorgeous. The entry table, card table, and dinner table arrangements at the reception were phenomenal as well and tied in perfectly with our bouquets while still adding some different flowers and a variety of arrangement sizes. As an added bonus, she was very sweet to everyone and also helped pin on the groomsmen & father boutonnieres. She even made an extra groom and groomsmen boutonniere just in case :)

Her quote was just about dead-on to what we ended up paying, and it was very much on par with other quotes I had received.

As you can probably tell, I was incredibly happy with Kate and would use her again in a heart beat! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/22/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers I received from Fleur du Jour were breath-taking and better than I had imagined. I cried when I saw the bouquets and the altar arrangements were really pretty. I received exactly what I asked for. Customer service was phenomenal. During both consultations, my fiance and I were treated to a cup of coffee. I was able to see pictures of all the individual flowers and leaves I requested. I had pictures to show what I was thinking, but everything I asked for was original and artistically presented. The quote was clear and even had options for me to stay within my budget. I was treated with kindness and respect, which surprisingly, other florists didn't always show. My flowers were delivered promptly at both my ceremony and reception. Thank you, Fleur Du Jour!

Profile Picture Jenny, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate is AMAZING! I am no expert on floral arrangements, but I had in mind the look, feel and color scheme that I wanted for my wedding. She took those limited details and created beauty!
The center pieces and other flower decor was exactly what I had envisioned. I had two different center pieces and she made sure they both accentuated one another.
She is great working with you on price. She can tell you ahead of time if what you may be looking at is pricey, but she will show you another option (just as stunning) to stay within budget.
Not only does she do some much to help you plan before the wedding, but the day of the wedding she was right on top of what needed to be done and the venue looked stunning!
Also, something that I looked for in each vendor I chose- responsiveness. Wedding planning keeps you busy enough without having to chase around different vendors and trying to follow up with THEM. I had NO problems communicating with Kate. If I sent her an email, she would also follow up with a response within a days time. She was prompt for meetings and didn't mind if I emailed her on a regular basis with questions I had.
I HIGHLY recommend Kate with Fleur du Jour for your wedding-- I promise you, you will not be disappointed!! I cannot say enough good things about her!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate at Fleur du Jour is absolutely amazing. She is so talented, kind, creative, and affordable. She was never short on ideas and didn't shy away from my crazy floral vision (I wanted creepy and romantic, but NOT Halloweeny). Our bouquets and boutonnieres were beautiful but our centerpieces we're complete perfection. She even made doggy boutonnières for our beloved fur children. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate was so great to work with! She was professional, flexible to my changing tastes/needs, and offered some great tips. The bouquets were one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding. She does a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/7/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My experience with Fleur du Jour was excellent. I met with several florists during the planning process and Kate seemed to understand the look I was going for. AND she didn't have any minimum orders. Kate was fantastic to work with. She was kind, flexible, and always very responsive. Throughout the year I was planning, she answered questions and offered opinions and resources. She worked with me to give me the look I wanted within my budget.

The week of the wedding, she went out of her way to pick materials up from me which was so helpful. The day of the wedding, she was present setting up so that everything would be as discussed and it was all perfect. Our flowers were beautiful and not only lasted through the night, but my bouquet survived 2 plane rides and decorated my hotel room on the honeymoon.

Kate was wonderful and I would recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Shani, 6/30/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Believe it.... Kate really is THAT amazing! Kate did all the flowers for our June 22nd wedding, and I can't say enough great things about her! She was so great to work with, and she is beyond talented. Starting at our first meeting, Kate helped to put me at ease. I'm clueless when it comes to flowers, and what compliments what, etc... but Kate somehow managed to pick my brain enough to find the most beautiful flowers for our wedding! She listened to everything I said, and was more than ok with me changing my mind a couple of times (and also with a few last minute changes the week of the big day!). She was so pleasant to work with, and always timely with her emails. She was also cost aware... letting me know if my suggestions would raise or lower the cost, and was considerate about the pricing (by the way.... Kate is the deal of the century! She does amazing work for a fraction of the cost of other florists!)
The day of our wedding she blew me away with all the bouquets, the aisle decor, the centerpieces, EVERYTHING! Everytime I show someone a photo from our wedding, the first thing anyone says to me is "WOW.... those are beautiful flowers!". She told me on our first meeting that your bouquet is in pretty much every wedding photo, so as a bride you should love it. Well.... I loved mine more than I ever thought I would, and I'm so excited to have Kate's amazing work in our photos! She does AMAZING work!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate is absolutely fantastic! I did all of my planning remotely, so we simply spoke for 30 minutes by phone and she viewed my Pinterest. I couldn't believe how much she got me/my style from these brief convos and photos. I was blown away by the quality of her work. My bouquet was HUGE and quite affordable, considering the flowers I chose. Kate was just lovely to work with - she was so nice about my changes and so quick to respond to my emails. If I ever do another Chicago event, Kate will be one of my first calls. She was simply the best!

Profile Picture Lucy, 5/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate Powell at Fleur du Jour did the floral arrangements and bouquets for my daughter's wedding in Dec 2012 in Chicago. Kate was a joy to work with - listed carefully, grasped what the bride envisioned, and delivered beautiful arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres. Her services are very reasonable as well. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Profile Picture User2893897, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

It's not possible to express how awesome Kate is! Fleur du Jour created all the beautiful flower creations for our wedding - including personal flowers, church decor, and all our reception flowers. Everything was BEAUTIFUL. From our first meeting until the actual day, Kate was such a joy to work with. She is so responsive with emails, and her creativity is stunning. I told her that I wanted to do whites and greens, and she suggested we use kale in my bouquet. Sounds weird - but it was so lovely, and made my bouquet unique! She had such vision, and helped me focus all my strange ideas into a great look. We changed our aisle decorations so many times, but she rolled with it and continued to come up with innovative ideas. I learned the morning after my wedding that her assistant bailed on her the morning of my wedding, but she still got everything done - I didn't even know! So professional and nice. Additionally, her pricing is ridiculous - she really makes your dollar go farther than you thought it could, and your wedding/event will look GORGEOUS. I would recommend Kate and Fleur du Jour for any occasion, and I hope I get to work with them again soon! Thanks, Kate!

Profile Picture Susan, 11/10/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

If I could give Kate Powell of Fleur du Jour 10 stars for value, I certainly would. Kate is by far a true gem of value, quality, and perfection when it comes to her talent as a floral designer. From beginning to end, Kate was quick to respond and worked with all my ideas, creating gorgeous creations for my wedding. Overall, she created my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, jr. bridesmaid, flower girl, boutonnieres, corsages, and 10 square vase floral centerpieces for my venue, all costing only about $800. When some of my friends mentioned how much they blew on flowers alone, I couldn't believe the steal I was getting with Kate. I even had 5 large branch centerpieces I had no way of transporting to the venue the day of and Kate was more than happy to transport them and set them up for me...free of charge! She made the room come to life and brought my vision together. Thanks Kate!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate was absolutely awesome to work with from the very start at the initial consultation up until delivery the day of the wedding. I changed my mind several times on what I wanted and our numbers were altered a lot and she just went with the flow and gave us exactly what we asked for. She was very quick to respond to emails and had great ideas when I didn't know too much about flowers. Very affordable and easy to work with. I would definitely reccomend her to anyone. I loved my bouquet made of calla lilies and lisianthus blooms and the flowers for the bridesmaids and everyone else were gorgeous! Thanks Kate, for making such beautiful arrangements for my wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate was amazing. Totally flexible with my ideas and budget, but made amazing suggestions based on her experience. The flowers at my wedding FAR exceeded my expectations and were gorgeous.

Profile Picture User2654328, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding because she is so easy to work with. Our initial meeting was in a coffee shop and we discussed my vision, colors, and flower choices. I was pretty sure what I wanted would not be within my price range. Kate did a wonderful job offering suggestions to get it to fit within my budget. I asked to see a sample arrangement before the wedding and she delivered it to my house.

When I saw the flowers the day of, I was blown away. The arrangements were HUGE and my bouquet was absolutely gorgeous! She also did some fabric draping to cover a stage and it turned out great! Flowers were very important to me and Fleur du Jour exceeded my expectations. It was beyond perfect.

Profile Picture User2713124, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate and her flowers were one of the highlights of my wedding! My friend who also used Kate for her wedding highly recommended Fleur du Jour to me and the rest was history!

After checking out a couple other floral vendors, I quickly realized that most of them did not want to work with me because I only wanted flowers for the bridal party (I was making my own centerpieces). I expected if I was going to spend a good amount of money on flowers, then I shouldn't be treated like a second class citizen. Kate was completely different. Kate was so nice and enthusiastic about working with me and my budget.

I was planning my wedding from out of town and the only contact I had with Kate was through phone calls and emails. She absolutely nailed my vision for flowers even without meeting in person! I told her the overall theme of what I liked and she did the rest. On my wedding day, we were able to work with her to just pick up the flowers from the studio (she had another wedding that day and still agreed to do my flowers!). The whole process was so easy! When I saw the flowers for the first time, I couldn't believe how beautiful and full they were! Kate really has an eye for floral arrangements.

I highly recommend Kate and Fleur du Jour- you will not be disappointed and your wedding day will have one less thing to worry about!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/1/12, 2 Reviews