Fleur De Lis Florist Reviews

184 | Baltimore, MD

184 Reviews for Fleur De Lis Florist

• brett

brett · Married on 09/29/2012

christine was great. i was so impressed with her aesthetic and loved her designs. we met several times to review the centerpieces and bouquets and she worked with my husband and i on finding just the right shades and textures.
    i felt they were very fair with pricing and worked with our budget. i would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • User1712065 · 2+ years ago

Christine is absolutely one of the best florists to work with in Baltimore! My husband and I chose her for our wedding, and she truly exceeded our expectations. At our first meeting, she met with us discuss our budget and worked within our price range to make out ceremony and reception so beautiful. Her prices are very reasonable, and she is so great about finding creative ways to stretch a budget. I met with her several times before the wedding day, and she was great about giving suggestions and ideas at each meeting, which I truly appreciated. She asked for my thoughts about flowers that I loved, and then used that to inform a design that met our budget requirements. Everything was beautiful the day of, and I could not have imagined it any more beautiful than what Christine produced. She also knows many of the Baltimore area vendors, which makes coordinating day of events very easy. She's fantastic, I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Working with Christine and Fleur de Lis for our daughter's Sept 14th wedding was fabulous. I worked the most closely with Christine, as our out of state bride joined us by Skype. I can best summarize her as an incredible artist with perfect business sense, who obviously loves what she does. Her energy is infectious! She carefully listened to us to understand the style of wedding my daughter was working to create, to have the ceremony itself shine through as the reason we were gathered, and how we wanted the florals to help set the tone. Well, she nailed it, artistically. Beautiful with pops of lively fun! And importantly, Christine truly understands working within a budget. This was not the case with the other florists we consulted. As MOB (mother of the bride) I recommend Fleur de Lis whole heartedly.

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • User2519517 · 2+ years ago

Christine Rubin and her team created beautiful flower arrangements and bouquets for my daughter's wedding. We felt we got good value and responsiveness to our needs. She was easy to work with and had creative ideas. Fleur de lis florists is definitely worth considering.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2012

Christine of Fleur de Lis is an amazing florist. I met with four florists when planning my wedding, and Christine stood out far and above the rest. During our first consultation, I could already tell that Christine had a vision for how I wanted my wedding to look, just by asking me a few simple questions. She was able to perfectly capture the elegant, vintage look that I was going for. She even created a sample arrangement in just a few minutes while my mom and I watched on. On the day of the wedding, everything was absolutely beautiful. The bouquets were stunning, unique, and even smelled wonderful. The centerpieces were in mercury glass vases, and Christine picked gorgeous flowers to use.Christine also made a wreath and a few other arrangements, and they were all perfect and even better than I could have imagined. I cannot get over how beautifully everything turned out. My first "thank you" email the day after my wedding was to Christine. On top of everything, her prices were very reasonable, and Christine was very flexible with any changes I wanted to make. Christine was great to work with, and you will not regret using Fleur de Lis for your wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Davianne · Married on 06/16/2012

Christine and her team did an absolutely fabulous job with my wedding flowers. I quickly knew after meeting with Christine that she would be doing my wedding. After telling her just a few things about myself and my overall vision for the wedding she seemed to have a grasp on exactly the look I was going for. In spite of knowing the overall look I wanted, but not quite knowing exactly what that involved, Christine was able to make my vision a reality. My colors were champagne/taupe and ivory and I was going for a simple/elegant feel and it totally came through with the flowers. Everything from the bouquets to the pew and altar arrangements to the centerpieces were absolutely stunning and even better than I envisioned. I must say that I had a difficult time sticking with a decision and not knowing exactly how everything would come together, but Christine assured me that they would make everything beautiful and she was right!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Paige · Married on 06/09/2012

Looking back, my flowers were one of the easiest parts of the wedding. I met with Christine, told her my colors, and what kinds of things I generally liked, and she came up with all these great ideas and started showing me what things would look like by pulling things together she had in the shop. She asked great questions which was helpful for someone like me who wouldn't have known where flowers were supposed to be.

She then sent me a contract detailing everything she would provide. The prices seemed low to tell the truth (my mother-in-law who grew up with parents in the flower business also thought they were low).

I never thought about my flowers again until a couple of days before when I realized I would need some of them delivered to the hotel instead of our venue. Christine was very flexible about that.

The day of I noticed how pretty my bouquet and my bridesmaids' were but honestly I did not notice any of the other flowers. The night was such a blur! Afterward so many people remarked on how pretty our flowers were. We had brought back several of our table arrangements to the hotel and the hotel asked us who did them. My friends commented on the beautiful flowers the front of the ceremony. What flowers? I thought. Well, I just got my pictures back and, as others had said, the flowers were gorgeous! They added so much to every picture and fit in so well with the ambiance of the wedding.

Working with her was such a breeze and everything turned out perfectly.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Denise · Married on 06/02/2012

Christine and her team did a beautiful job with the flowers for my daughters wedding . The guest could not get over the amazing flowers. They also decorated the ceremony room and the room for the cocktail hour which turned out amazing. They were professional, and delivered exactly what we ordered. Yo cannot go wrong with them.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

Fleur de lis florist was recommended to me by a coworker. I set up an appointment for a consultation with Carla. She was very nice on the phone and even nicer in person. My mom and I met with her on our lunch breaks during the work week. Carla asked that I bring photos of wedding flowers that I liked and any pictures of the bridal party dresses that I had. Carla made a sample bouquet during my consultation that she allowed me to take home. Also, she was very creative with ideas for centerpieces. My mom really wanted me to use lanterns as the centerpieces, but I wanted flowers to add color to the white table linens. Carla had the idea to have flowers in the silver scrolled lanterns, and then we had purple vintage candle votives around each lantern. She sold us on the idea and we didn't bother to meet with any other florist. The bridesmaid dresses for our wedding were a purple color in person, but photographed a violet blue color, which was a challenge for matching flowers. But Carla reassured me that we didn't have to match perfectly as long as we stayed in the same jewel tones. I wanted fuscia flowers with purple accents and Fleur de lis delivered! The purple accents complimented the purple bridesmaid dresses, but the fuscia roses and gerber daisies popped against the dresses. The bouquets also contained lime green berries and some green leaves as fillers. My bouquet was similar but larger and it looked amazing against my ivory dress. I was so thrilled with all of our flowers. Even the guys boutonnieres were classy with violet blue and purple flowers. Our moms had delicate wrist corsages with tiny hot pink roses and small purple accents. The two ceremony centerpieces were just enough to add to the decor. Everyone loved our centerpiece idea that Carla had. It was amazing. Furthermore, everyone I spoke to at Fleur de lis was helpful in making any needed alterations to the contract. I highly recommend Fleur de lis!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/26/2012

I used Fleur de Lis for my wedding, and they were wonderful! I purchased boutonnieres, bouquets, had them decorate an arch, and then decorate my cake for me. I was so happy when I saw the end result, they were so artistic and unique, definitely everything I was looking for in a florist.

Christine was incredibly helpful, and she has such a talent for arranging flowers. I was really very concerned that my bouquets would look generic and boring when I was searching for a florist, and after meeting with Christine I immediately placed a deposit down. On the spot she had created a gorgeous mini-bouquet after we talked about what I was looking for, it was incredible. The flowers were fresh, lasted for days after the event, and were exactly the colors I was looking for, even though I made it difficult by insisting on minimal roses.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience and am going to recommend them to anyone that needs a florist in the Baltimore area :)

Sent on 09/07/2012

Emily · Married on 04/28/2012

Christine and Carla were great thought partners throughout the planning process as we tried to create a unique vintage feel. The flowers were beautiful and centerpieces looked great. Very pleased!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Stacy · Married on 04/28/2012

My mom and I met with a number of florist but we ended up choosing Fleur de Lis. And although the ultimate choice was mine, my mom was pushing for Christine pretty hard. She won my mom over during our meeting with her. With every other florist that we met with, we would sit down, they would ask us a bunch of questions and show us pictures from a book. When we met with Fleur de Lis, Christine immediately engaged in conversation, got to know about us and my style. She would grab things from her shop and within seconds whip up real live examples of what she could do for us. She even sent me home with a mock wedding bouquet. That was it, we were sold. She did an amazing job, and our guests raved about of flowers and centerpieces. I would highly recommend Fleur de Lis for any event!

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • User2412090 · 2+ years ago

Christine did such an amazing job with our flowers!! The centerpieces were exactly what we wanted, without having to say it. She is so good at what she does. We highly recommend using this florist!!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Jennie · Married on 03/31/2012

I am the type of bride that did not want to spend a ridiculous amount of my budgeted wedding on flowers. A friend recommended 'Fleur de Lis' to me due to my interest in saving money. Let me tell you that this was the BEST decision I could have made regarding flowers. I primarily worked with Christine-(who is the owner) and she had the best ideas. You have to just trust her because what she did for my wedding was absolutely amazing. AMAZING. I have never seen such beautiful floral arrangements at any wedding venue as well as bridesmaids & bridal bouquets in my life! They were absolutely GORGEOUS! To top it off, it was all within my budget! Christine was able to mimic exactly what I wanted and make excellent recommendations to meet my budget. She was also incredibly responsive & flexible throughout the whole planning process which put me at ease. We got a TON of compliments on our flowers after the wedding and we cannot wait to see the pictures. I plan to recommend 'Fleur de Lis' to all of my friends in the future. If you want amazing flowers and you're in the Baltimore area, go with Fleur de Lis!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Erika · Married on 03/17/2012

Christine and co were fantastic in helping us with our floral vision for the wedding. We met with Christine two months before our wedding (we're horrible procrastinators) and she was great with working with our budget. I was very happy with the quality of the flowers and how beautiful they looked.

Sent on 03/18/2012

Laurie · Married on 11/12/2011

WOW! The flowers that were provided for my wedding from Christine, Carla and the Fleur de Lis team were absolutely stunning. Everything looked phenomenal from my bouquet to the bridesmaids to the boutonnieres to the chuppah, escort card table and the main event...the centerpieces. There were such art and care taken into putting everything together. Christine and Carla always responded to emails promptly, worked within our budget and were flexible with the hotel's timing, as there was a quick turnaround due to an earlier meeting in the same room. I dried my bouquet and many of my bridesmaids did the same, as they were so beautiful!

Sent on 11/28/2011
  • Juliana

Juliana · Married on 10/16/2011

Christine Rubin at Fleur de Lis is a true artist. Over the course of a couple of meetings with her I watched her whip up beautiful piece after beautiful piece. Some were full arrangements for weddings that she had clearly spent hours on already and some were just little bouquets of flowers left over from larger arrangements. Each one was gorgeous.
    Christine was also very easy to work with and receptive to all my ideas. If I wasn’t sure about one flower, she didn’t try to sell me on it. She’d just say, “Okay, you’re not into that, how about this, or this, or this.” I had total trust that Christine would create something great for me. When some of the flowers she ordered for me came in looking more purple than red, Christine immediately e-mailed me a picture. When I wasn’t enthusiastic about them, it took her all of ten minutes to track down something else that was exactly what I wanted. I knew she really cared about getting things right.
    The flowers that were at our wedding were lush, vibrant and beautifully styled without being fussy. It was very difficult for me to throw them out when they eventually wilted!
    Christine was recommended to me by a friend and I would certainly recommend her to anyone else.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Ruthann · Married on 10/09/2011

Christine, Carla and the staff of Fleur de Lis were amazing in providing the bridal party flowers and centerpieces for my daughter's wedding. They were extremely helpful, responsive and flexible to meet my ever changing needs. In the end everything was absolutely beautiful and reasonably priced! Christine and her staff were a joy to work with. They are very accommodating and always made time to work with me no matter how busy their day was with other events. They are extremely creative and a positive group of talented professionals. I highly recommend them and encourage a visit to their beautiful florist shop!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2011

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Fleur de Lis from our first meeting to our wedding day. Christine was very professional and easy to work with. She allowed us to describe our vision in full detail and then gave us some additional ideas and flower recommendations that showed us she truly understood what we wanted. She was very accommodating of last-minute changes to our contract and sent a very thorough and updated copy of the contract any time we made changes. We loved that she encouraged bringing in sentimental family heirlooms as accessories to our floral arrangements. On the wedding day, her staffer Colleen was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was on time, pleasant, and decorated our venue beautifully. I loved every aspect of the flower arrangements, especially my beautiful bouquet. Working with Fleur de Lis and seeing the final product was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding experience. Given its great value and reasonable prices, I would definitely recommend Fleur de Lis to any future bride!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Polly · Married on 10/08/2011

Christine and everyone at Fleur De Lis did an amazing job with all of the flowers for our wedding. From my first meeting with Christine, I could tell she was truly dedicated to what she did. She definitely wanted to make sure that she understood my vision so she could help to make it become a reality. Any change I needed to make, she was happy to do. All of the flowers looked great and we got so many compliments about all of them.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Erica · Married on 10/01/2011

Christine was amazing to work with and I really appreciated the attention paid to my wedding and that the staff really cared about my wedding. My flowers were amazing and beyond anything i could have hoped for. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Paulina · Married on 09/09/2011

Christine Rubin is amazing! I loved that she really took her time during our initial consultation to get a good idea of what I was looking for and found ways to incorporate all of my wants into the final designs. I only met with her in person once as I live in NYC so the remainder of our contact was via email but she was always responsive and incredibly flexible and patient with the tinest changes I wanted to make. It takes a lot for me to fork over that kind of money to someone without actually seeing what the final product would look like but I had a lot of confidence from the beginning that Christine would deliver and she did! All the flowers, from the bouquets to the ceremony flowers to the reception centerpieces, were gorgeous and captured the style and vision that I was looking for. My guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the flowers were and fought over who got to take the centerpieces home. My wedding really looked like a dream thanks to them and I cannot recommend Fleur De Lis more!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Amy · Married on 08/27/2011

Christine Rubin and her staff at Fluer de Lis did a fantastic job with our wedding. Christine truly utilized my vision of a 1950s flower garden (complete with gigantic, fluffy, roses and marigolds) and delivered the most beautiful, unique, and whimsical bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces. My husband and I were living out of town during the process of planning our wedding, and because our visits to Baltimore were limited, it was essential that we found a florist whom we trusted to help design the wedding we envisioned. From our first meeting, we were impressed with her enthusiasm, her organization, and her many creative ideas—we knew we were in good hands. Fleur de Lis delivered on all accounts including: working within our budget constraints, working directly with our caterer when helping us to choose linens, and remaining flexible when we made the decision to move both ceremony and reception up 3 hours due to an impending hurricane. Our wedding was beautiful, and we could not be more happy with our choice in florist. We would definitely recommend Christine and her team!

Sent on 09/12/2011

Beth · Married on 08/19/2011

I was blown away by how perfect all of the flowers were for my wedding. Fleur de Lis took my vision and created something that was more amazing than anything I could have dreamed up. The bouquets were so beautiful and unique that I didn't want to put mine down all night! The flowers were such great quality that they lasted for weeks after the wedding! Totally worth every penny! They worked with me to adjust the proposal so it was within my price range, without compromising what I wanted. Great service and amazingly creative designers. A designer even made an additional stop and dropped the bouquets off at the hotel for us to have for pictures! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2011

Robin · Married on 08/13/2011

The flowers for my wedding were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I could not stop staring at my bouquet - it was perfect. The flower girls carried pomanders made of fresh flowers that were the most adorable things ever. The centerpieces at the reception were unique and perfectly fit the vision I had in mind. When I went to the shop to meet with Christine Rubin she had great energy. I immediately loved her enthusiasm and her creativity. I described the whimsical look I was going for and my somewhat unusual color scheme and she was immediately on board and made great recommendations. She didn't mind that my mom (who lives in CA) wanted to be on speaker during our meeting so that she could ask questions. We had a fun brainstorming session and when I left I felt like I was in great hands. AND she was able to work within my small floral budget! The deliveries were all on time on the wedding day despite the fact that there was a steady dowpour of rain all day long. Everything was PERFECT. I was completely and totally in love with my flowers. I wish I had another event to plan just so that I can go back to Fleur de Lis and have them make more of their beautiful arrangments. They truly are floral artists.

Sent on 08/26/2011