Fleur De Lis Florist Reviews

184 | Baltimore, MD

184 Reviews for Fleur De Lis Florist

Mary · Married on 05/03/2014

It was a great experience working with Christine, starting with our initial consult (which is free of charge). She asked lots of questions to determine exactly what we needed/wanted, and sent us home with a lovely bouquet. We went home saying that the meeting was "a lot of fun." As our wedding day got closer we had some last-minute changes and they were very fair and flexible. Responsiveness/communication was fine all along. On the day of the wedding we arrived at the church with our wedding party a couple of hours before the service. To our relief all of the flowers were there, exactly where they were supposed to be. And they were more lovely than we had expected! Really just beautiful! Another really great thing about working with Christine is that she was very understanding about our need to work within a budget, and gave us plenty of options. Overall we felt that we got a great value, and would definitely recommend Fleur de Lis to anyone! Thanks again Christine and Lana!

Sent on 05/18/2014
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2014

Christine was awesome to work with. She knew exactly my style and taste for what I was wanting. When I got the flowers on the morning of my wedding I was amazed at how awesome they looked. My bouquet was EXACTLY what I wanted with the most beautiful Hot lady roses and stargazer lilies I have ever seen. I am so glad I chose Fleur De Lis as my florist and I highly recommend them to any bride!!!

Sent on 05/08/2014

They were so patient and attentive on discussion of the floral arrangements. They were so intent on ensuring that it was what I envisioned, and on the day of the wedding, it all exceeded my expectations. My bouquet was gorgeous, the bridemaids' bouquets were the exact (blue) color I had described. The chuppah was so lovely, just illuminating the ceremony. The centerpieces were simple and elegant, and PERFECT. They were so accommodating in working with my husband and I in regard to retrieving the chuppah the day after without any difficulties. I would definitely recommend them for your event, and I will use them again if the situation arises.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Laurie · Married on 03/22/2014

Christine and Lana turned my floral dreams into reality...simply gorgeous. The circus roses and pin cushion protea were absolutely amazing...thanks ladies !

In fact, kudos to you-my arrangements and ambience were even better than I imagined and I received so many compliments: )

Sent on 04/02/2014

Eleni · Married on 01/18/2014

We LOVED our flowers from Fleur de Lis - I actually had met with another florist already and had concerns, so met with Christine just a few weeks before the wedding and she enthusiastically designed gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces that perfectly complemented our colors (teal and red) - we had many comments on how great they looked. Although the price was high initially, after we discussed our budget she brought the cost down to within our reach without compromising the quality. Overall I was very pleased with the flowers provided by Fleur de Lis.

Sent on 01/27/2014

I initially met with Christine, the owner, a full year before my wedding. I wasn't sure of what I wanted or even of my colors but I felt that the flowers would help shape my vision for the wedding. After asking a few questions, Christine made suggestions about my bouquet and the flowers based on my tastes and personality. I liked that she devoted two hours to our consultation and I loved the sample bouquet she created at the end of our appointment for me to take away.

After our appointment, she sent me a proposal and her description of my bouquet - lavender roses, burgundy orchids, purple delphinium, lavender - made me tear up, because suddenly I pictured myself walking down the aisle carrying that bouquet.

My groom, a big Muppet fan, loved his "Kermit" boutonniere made up of fuchsia orchid, Kermit mums, and a green Kermit "collar". It was subtle but meaningful to the two of us.

We loved our beautiful centerpieces and our ceremony arrangements were particularly unique - fuchsia orchids tied to willow branches in tall glass cylinders. We moved these "blooming branches" to the reception afterwards and then used them the next morning at our post-wedding brunch.

Christine also ended up throwing in a lot of extra flowers which Lana used to decorate the cake when she delivered the flowers the day of the wedding. Overall, Christine gave exceptional value for the price, as well as responding promptly to all emails/questions.

FDL was amazing throughout this process. My flowers brought me special joy on an already happy occasion.

Btw, I have already thrown hints out to my new husband about Fleur de Lis flowers for Valentine's Day!

TIP: I especially loved having the fresh lavender in my bouquet. The fragrance of the lavender with the roses was refreshing and calming at the same time. I would recommend this for every bride!

Sent on 01/02/2014
  • Vickie

Vickie · Married on 11/02/2013

We got married at the George Peabody Library and used Fleur de Lis for our bridal party flowers, ceremony arrangements, cocktail and cake table flowers, and reception centerpiece arrangements. Fleur de Lis delivered in the beauty of their arrangements and their ability to perfectly match the color scheme and romantic feel of our wedding.

Christine Rubin from Fleur de Lis is prompt in responding to all of your inquiries and requests, whether it be billing, updating details of your wedding-day flowers, or following up before the wedding to properly execute your vision. Everyone raved about the beautiful bridal and bridesmaid bouquets and unique reception centerpieces. The bridal bouquet was a large nosegay and quite heavy! The bridesmaids bouquets were slightly smaller nosegays, yet still big and beautiful. Christine was also nice enough to allow us to use wine bottles for our centerpieces instead of charging us to use her own containers. Christine, Lana, and the team at Fleur de Lis arranged roses, baby’s breath, and other flowers and leaves to fill three wine bottles per guest table to create a unique and full centerpiece. A lot of the guests scrambled to take home the beautiful flowers at the end of night.

We would recommend Christine, Lana, and the team at Fleur de Lis for their beautiful flowers and arrangements and prompt response to couples’ inquiries. Beautiful job!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Kathy · Married on 10/13/2013

Christine and Lana did an outstanding job on my wedding flowers. I was overwhelmed during the wedding planning and was not focused on flowers at all. Before I knew it, my wedding was two months away and I had not secured a florist. I started working with a few different ones, but I knew when I met with Lana my search was over. She was able to help me define what I wanted for the bouquets within minutes. I knew I wanted very simple centerpieces and she didn't try to convince me to go bigger. Instead she suggested using flowers from local farmers which made me even more excited. The whole process was so easy and my wedding day ended up even better than I could have imagined. I could walk down the aisle again today with my bouquet and no one would know it was a week old. My wedding might be over, but I will continue to rely on Christine and Lana for any flowers I need in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2013

I am still in awe of the amazing florals that Christine created for our wedding! She used unique pieces to tie in the gray colors in our wedding, and even created a small flower ball for my niece to carry around all night (which she loved!). The centerpieces she created were simple, yet elegant, and exactly what I had pictured. I will definitely be calling on Fleur De Lis to create florals for events for many years to come! Thank you, Christine!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Tuugi · Married on 08/10/2013

Christine and everyone at Fleur De Lis was so professional, knowledgeable and helpful from the beginning. And super straightforward, willing to accommodate any budget, and easy to work with too. We highly recommend them for anyone looking for a florist.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Christina did a great job with our wedding. From the first meeting she got a great understanding of what we wanted, worked with us on budget and design ideas and put together a great plan. Everything looked great the day of the wedding. She was easy to work with and great at what she does.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Fleur De Lis Florist's reply:

Thanks for your feedback, makes us feel so good to make you happy!

Alexis · Married on 07/07/2013

Fleur De Lis was excellent and exceeded my expectations!! My flowers were beautiful! Christine went out of her way to accomodate my needs and wants. She took the time to make sure I was happy with my floral selections and double checked my contract to make sure we were on the same page. She even worked with my budget to make sure I was still able to get good quality without increasing the price. My outside decor was beautiful and color coordinated. And my bouquets, corsages, and boutineers were so gorgeous. I highly recommend this florist. They will make any bride happy!

Sent on 07/25/2013
  • Y

Yenny · Married on 06/22/2013

Colleen was extra accommodating to what I had planned for the wedding. I gave her an idea, and she created beautiful bouquets in a very short notice (three days before the wedding, ready one day before).
    I am very pleased with their work.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Carolyn · Married on 06/21/2013

I highly recommend Fleur de Lis to anyone who is getting married in the Baltimore City area. We worked with Christine and she did an amazing job. We met with her a few months before the wedding and explained our color scheme and vision for the flowers. Both my husband and I know nothing about flowers, so it really came down to what looked nice. We were blown away when we explained everything to Christine and she actually whipped up a bouquet for us to take home during the meeting. On the day of the wedding, they delivered some the bouquets and boutineers to the hotel and then they delivered our centerpiece roses (we used petals on the tables), chair flowers, and altar arrangements to the venue. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. A few days before the wedding, we realized that we needed an additional table for our wine ceremony. Fleur de Lis helped us tremendously by letting us rent one of their tables on short notice. They even texted me photos of the options we had so that I could see them before the wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2013

Christine was wonderful to work with. She is super creative and really enjoys what she does. The bouquets were absolutely beautiful :) I received tons of complements on them all day! I could not have wanted more. I would 100% recommend this florist!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2013

I had the opportunity to work with Christine, Lana, and Carla. All three ladies were wonderful in their own way. They have so much experience in the floral industry. After so many years in any industry, it's easy to imagine how one might get burnt out. They were so easy going, creative, and open about all the options and led me in the right direction with the flowers; it was obvious they are passionate and love what they do. When I went in for the initial consult, I had already met with two other florists. I knew after 5 minutes of talking to Carla that I was going to book with them, before I even knew the prices! I'm a very practical person so this says a lot. She was so knowledgeable about flowers and combinations that worked with my vision and my budget. I had told Carla that I planned on doing some of my own flowers but I needed them to cover all of the big things, such as centerpieces and ceremony flowers, etc. and she was totally supportive and didn't pressure me or try to talk me out of doing some of my own flowers. She even offered their cooler to store my own flower creations the day before the wedding to keep them fresh. Carla and I really clicked. Unfortunately, after a family emergency, she was no longer in town for the rest of the planning process. This is when I got to know Lana and Christine very well. They both stepped in and made sure the transition was easy and even met with me again to ensure they understood exactly what I was going for. Professional, honest, and very passionate staff... Thanks ladies at Fleur De Lis for making my wedding flowers beautiful and for a great experience.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/18/2013

It was such a pleasure working with Fleur De Lis on my wedding flowers. They provided the bridal party flowers and the wedding reception flowers. They did such a beautiful job, and Christine was wonderful to work with. Within 2 minutes of meeting Christine, I knew that Fleur De Lis was the place. She was immediately able to read my personality and know exactly what I would like. I can't say enough positive things!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Kathy · Married on 05/04/2013

The flowers were beautiful. Such great quality and the presentation was breath taking. We are so pleased that we used Fleur de Lis as our florist.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Christine and Lana from Fleur De Lis were amazing. I am so happy I went with them and I would recommend them to anyone. We met with a few other florists before booking them and we would go into the meeting and they would say "what do you want," or "what kind of flowers do you want in your bouquet?" I always felt like saying, "I don't know. That's why I am looking for a florist to make these decisions for me!" When we went into our meeting with Christine, we told her our vision and feel of the wedding and she started pulling out flowers and putting them together. She even suggested fuzzy fern type leaves to go with our "anthropologie" feel. She showed us actual examples and then determined what we liked and didn't like based on what she pulled. She then sent me home with a bouquet of flowers that we discussed to think about. For our tasting, she made sample centerpieces (1 tall and 1 short) that were full blown. I could not believe it. They were huge and stunning, and our caterer was even shocked. I was glad to get the samples because I realized the coloring was off. Christine and I met a week later and she ordered in more flowers based on my feedback! She showed me some new ideas and sent me home with yet another bouquet to look at and think about. The week of the wedding, I stopped in to drop off a brooch for my bouquet and she showed me some of the things for my wedding they were putting together already. She even took the liberty to order additional flowers on the fly (that we had not discussed) for my bridesmaids bouquets after seeing them finished and not being 100% happy with the results. You will be able to tell in your initial meeting that Christine is a perfectionist. I fully trusted her and Lana to deliver on my wedding day and I was overwhelmed at how perfect everything looked. Lana even decorated our placecards table with blown roses and dripping ferns coming out of the card catalog drawers. They are true artists of their craft!!!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Glenda · Married on 03/30/2013

I am the mother of the bride and Fleur De Lis Florist was a pleasure to work with. They provided just what we wanted and were very professional and flexible! When we walked into the reception hall we were amazed with the beautiful floral decorations and vases set up around the room. Some with clear stones and lights and floral branches in the vase and beautiful flowers extending from or positioned on top. Breathtaking!! I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 04/02/2013

Jenn · Married on 02/23/2013

The flowers that Christine Rubin and her team at Fleur De Lis provided for our wedding were stunning! We are still getting raves from our guests about the beautiful flowers. Christine was very responsive and easy to work with from the beginning. I had met with one other florist before finding Christine and my initial consultation with Christine was so much more helpful and informative than the first place that I visited. I had a vision in mind, and Christine helped to make it come to life and more beautiful than I could have imagined. She was extremely flexible in allowing me to use my own stands for a few of the centerpieces and in adjusting my contract close to the wedding when our final count affected our total number of tables. On the day of the wedding, everything was delivered on time and to the correct places. I was very happy with the flowers that we received for the cost and found Fleur De Lis' prices to be lower than the first florist with whom I met. In sum, I was thrilled with the flowers from Fleur De Lis; Christine was great to work with; and the value was excellent for the arrangments that we received.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Palma · Married on 01/19/2013

Christine is absolutely AMAZING and one of the best florists I have ever met! I am so thrilled that Fleur De Lis was able to be apart of our wedding. From the start, Christine was so much fun to work with. At our first meeting she spent so much time going over every single detail of my wedding to get a better vision of what I wanted. My wedding was a unique vintage style with a "perfect chemistry" motif, and she helped find ways to incorporate all of my personal elements and props into both the ceremony and reception. She was always so patient and supportive if I had additional ideas, and just made the whole experience fun and effortless! And she always seemed to know exactly what I wanted, even when I couldn't find the right words to describe it. In addition to the flowers, Christine and her assistant Lana helped bring my unique wedding cake design to life. It was absolutely stunning.

I had absolutely no doubts along the way that her flowers would be anything less than spectacular. And on the wedding day, everything arrived on time and looked just perfect! We LOVED everything, and received so many compliments from our guests!

We will definitely be using Fleur De Lis for all of our future floral needs!!!

Sent on 02/03/2013

Su · Married on 11/10/2012

Working with Christine was great! I met her at a bridal show and fell in love with one of her sample bouquets. When we had our planning meeting, she had every detail laid out, and we were able to figure out everything during that one meeting. I basically told her what I wanted for my bridal bouquet, and she was able to help me come up with a plan for all of the other pieces (table centerpieces, boutonnieres, bridesmaids bouquets, etc). Christine called a couple of weeks before (as well as a couple of days before) the wedding to finalize details, so I was confident that the flowers would all be there on time. On the day of, everything arrived as planned, and everything looked beautiful. Christine made the floral portion of wedding planning a breeze!

Sent on 12/07/2012

Kat · Married on 11/02/2012

All of my flowers were absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Christine was a pleasure to work with, quick to respond to my dozens of questions, and fun and upbeat. I wouldn't change one thing about the flowers, they really did exceed my expectations. Love, love, LOVED them!!!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Kristina · Married on 10/20/2012

Christine was so great, her creativity really blew me away. When I walked into the initial consultation I had a few ideas, but she really helped improve upon them and took them to the next level. She really knows her stuff! I was pretty happy with the price too.
    The day of the wedding, everyone was so amazed by how beautiful the flowers were. My bouquet was so gorgeous, it was even better than I had imagined. You really can not go wrong here!

Sent on 11/11/2012