55 Reviews for Flair Boston

Bride (10)
Veils (5)
Bridesmaids (4)
Jewelry (3)

First, let me say, I didn't actually buy my dress there (I really liked one particular dress but ended up finding another I LOVED at a different boutique). That being said, I loved Flair so much, and thought my consultant, Madison, was so awesome, I felt the need to write a review.
My first experience with Flair was booking my appointment: I did so online, expecting nothing more than a confirmation email. Instead, I got a call from someone at the shop confirming my appointment and asking about my likes/dislikes, what I was looking for, budget, etc.... I was so impressed! Then, they followed up with a quick online survey where you could describe things you liked/disliked for your bridal look for their file. SO useful.
Flair is located right on Newbury and is a small boutique with so much charm. We arrived about 15 minutes early and Madison was able to take us right away. She confirmed what I had noted in my survey/during my initial call and then started pulling dresses for me. I tried on a few and then went and looked through the racks with her. While their selection was great, I realized that they didn't have quite what I was looking for. That being said, they KILLED IT on price point: I believe their highest-priced dress is $4,000, which means that you have a ton of reasonably-priced options (especially given other boutiques in the area), from numerous designers, to choose from. They also have a great selection of bridesmaids dresses (I was finally able to see a specific color in person that numerous other shops didn't have), and their accessories were gorgeous.
At the end of my appointment, Madison wrote down the dress, veil and earrings I liked the most on a card. She then followed up with a personal email (not an automated one!), thanking me for coming in with my brother and offering to set up a follow-up appointment with my mom and grandma, if I wanted to come back and look at the dress.
I highly recommend Flair; Madison in particular!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/15/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewelry, Veils, Bride

I had a wonderful experience with Flair Boston. My initial appointment myself and those who accompanied me were the only ones in the store. You really get a great one on one experience. I worked with Zoe and she was so helpful. They have a beautiful variety of dresses for any preference. The first dress I tried on actually ended up being the "one". They were very accommodating along the way as well. I highly recommend Flair Boston!

Profile Picture Stacie, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Jewelry, Bride

The ONLY place to go in Boston for your wedding dress!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Veils

Absolutely fabulous! This boutique shop has beautiful dresses from a variety of designers, but it is the staff that sets it apart. Stacey assisted my daughter every step of the way from helping her decide between 2 gorgeous dresses to getting the dress delivered not on time BUT early! We also found her veil with their help. If you want excellent and personal service you will not be disappointed.
D'Arcy G.

Profile Picture DArcy, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

Stacey is the best and helped me to find my dream dress! I had been to a few other salons, but hadn't found anything I loved. Flair has great variety and dresses in all price ranges. Stacey listened to me and found a dress that was everything I had been looking for. Being indecisive, I still wasn't ready to pull the trigger but she pushed me in just the way I needed to realize that this was my dress. I just got married last month and couldn't have been happier a year later with the dress we picked. Stacey is laid-back, super cool and just tons of fun! Flair is the place to go!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/17/17, 13 Reviews
0.9

If you like taking off your shoes leaving them out in the hall, trying on tired dresses and being treated Like crap by a disinterested staff member go for it.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7503312, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Flair was the first place I went to in search of my wedding gown. Lauren helped me during my appointment and I cant say enough about the amazing attention to detail and thoughtfullness she provided. She responded to all my emails before and after my appointment quickly . The appointment was only 1 hour but she was so organized and pre-selected dressess that she thought would work. I fell in love with the second dress I tried on and purchased it that day!! I am going back there to look at dressess for my bridesmaids. Couldn't give Flair and Lauren enough praise they were awesome!!!

Profile Picture shelly, 12/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I shopped at about 5-6 places when I was looking for my wedding dress. My last stop was at Flair and I could not have been happier with the experience. Nevermind the fact that I found my dress there, my consultant was so friendly and helpful, but she was not pushy at all. She listened to what I thought I wanted and pulled a few things I may not have looked at otherwise. After a little while, the owner came over, who I had spoken to when I booked my appointment. She had pulled a dress based on what I told her over the phone. That was the dress I bought! The customer service was great from start to finish!

Profile Picture Cara, 11/25/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Flair is an adorable shop, I knew as soon as I walked in that I wanted to buy my dress there! The consultants are helpful and friendly, and I really enjoyed being the only client in the store.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Amazing experience at Flair!!! I was completely overwhelmed at the thought of wedding dress shopping. Before my first appointment, I spoke with the owner, Stacey, and I described the simple and chic look I was going for. Sure enough, she suggested a dress that is my version of perfection. Amy Kuschel's "Lennon" dress was the first dress I tried on and was eventually the one I ended up buying. However, I happen to be extremely indecisive so the thought of buying the first dress I tried on made me super anxious. Stacey must have pulled 10 other dresses for me to try on, maybe more. I wasn't able to pull the trigger and had to come back for another appointment where she kindly pulled a few more dresses for me to try on before finally saying yes to the dress. She was so patient and truly cared about me being completely satisfied with my purchase. She even had one of her designers customize a beautiful belt for me to wear for my reception and I was also able to purchase my veil here, as well as my sister's beautiful Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dress. I could not have be happier with my experience here. They offer an incredible selection and the Flair team makes this intimate, personal, and FUN!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Jewelry, Veils

I found Flair as a result of hunting for a specific dress I had seen online. I assumed my online search had turned up the dress I would wear, and simply looked around for a bridal shop that carried it. I went into Flair with my mother and a friend one night after work and met with Jaime. I told her the dress I was looking for, assumed that would be the one I’d purchase, and I’d be on my way. I tried it on and thought it was “fine”. I didn’t know how it was supposed to feel when I found “the dress”, and when I mentioned settling on the one I thought was “fine”, she encouraged me to sleep on it because she could tell I didn’t really love it. Instead of taking an easy sale and having a bride who was less than thrilled with her gown, Jaime was patient, attentive, thoughtful, and never ever pushy. I went home, decided the dress wasn’t for me, and eventually scheduled another appointment. On my second visit, Jaime was patient and forgiving as I tried on a multitude of different styles before finding the one I truly loved. I never had second thoughts, never a single regret about the dress I chose. At each appointment, my Flair consultant made me feel like I was her only client (even though I knew that was far from true). She answered every email with what seemed like was a smile on the other end of the keyboard, and I never felt like a nuisance with all of my questions. Flair pointed me in the direction of an amazing tailor (All Fit Tailoring), and to top it off they brought my accessories over there for me when I couldn’t make the trip myself. It doesn’t get much better than that. For me, the idea of wedding dress shopping sounded as much fun as bikini shopping, but the team at Flair made it anything but. Working with them was a true pleasure, and I was able to choose a dress that fit my style, body type, personality, and wedding. I felt beautiful on my wedding day, and most importantly, I felt like myself.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/31/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Veils

The team at Flair is outstanding!

Their location on Newbury Street is welcoming and gorgeous. Owner, Stacey, and her team treated me like royalty from the first appointment. Their kindness, patience and passion to help me find the right dress was priceless. My dress is just PERFECT (I'm slightly obsessed with it)!

If you're looking to find an A- Team of vendors... FLAIR should be at the top of the list.

Profile Picture Taylor , 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Found my wedding dress at Flair. Excellent customer service -- they sent the dress along to me in Chicago. I love the Nicole Miller line, which is why I went. Thanks guys!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I had a wonderful experience at Flair. The women at the store were super supportive and friendly. I found my dream dress at Flair and they seemed just as excited as I was. The dresses are very affordable and the boutique is low key and the opposite of the other stuffy bridal salons I visited. Flair also came to my rescue when a week before my wedding, I realized my veil was the wrong color (I had gotten it from Etsy). They squeezed me in, found my the perfect veil and made sure it got to me in time. I could not be happier with my experience.

Profile Picture User4200096, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I don't even know how to describe how wonderful it was to shop for my dress at Flair with Stacey Kraft. As soon as we walked in, I knew that this was the salon where I'd find my dress. The selection is small, but no dress is the same. When you go somewhere like David's Bridal, you tend to see what looks like the same dress over and over again. It makes the inventory look large, but there's actually not much there. Flair is the opposite. Each dress is hand-selected by the staff for its unique qualities, and no two are anything alike! You WILL find your dress here, I promise!

Stacey was fantastic. From the first words I spoke, she remembered everything about me, and our email correspondances have always been more like I'm talking to a professional friend. She never has to be reminded of anything, and she must have a hundred brides! It's wonderful that she makes you feel like you're the only one she's helping. Stacey listened to everything that I said I wanted, and the first dress that she pulled was the one that I wound up choosing. It was a one-of-a-kind design by a small company called Blue Thread Bridal, and I immediately loved it. I took a night to sleep on it and came back two days later to buy it. Stacey fit my circumstances easily. She managed to get a gorgeous dress fitted and sewn perfectly with her bride living in London! (I was in my Master's program). I can't recommend Flair enough. Brides everywhere (not just Boston), if you're tired of expensive and unoriginal dresses, go see Stacey at Flair!

Profile Picture Cait, 7/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This was the first shop I went to on a day of dress shopping. After the full day of shopping last fall (during which I was totally overwhelmed by my mom and bridesmaids) I knew I would go back to Flair. Stacey was a delight to work with, I loved the style of dresses they stocked, and for me, the smaller selection made it much less overwhelming. It was easy to schedule a second trip - I tried on a dress I liked during the first go round, but wasn't sure about it. Stacey was then kind enough to pull a few more dresses and in it was the one. It wasn't at all what I thought I would end up with, but I loved it and felt so beautiful on my wedding day! =) I'm so happy she found it.

Bonus, I was nervous about going to Newbury St for a dress, but the store is stocked with reasonably priced dresses! (I think they top out ~$3K)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress at Flair. They're one of the few vendors that carries Tara Keely by Lazaro. I tried on my dress, loved it, and bought it within 30 minutes. I even got a discount as there was a trunk show that weekend. Stacey assisted me with my purchase and she is great. The other individuals in the store are also great, happy, and helpful. They are very communicative which is also wonderful. I did ask to order a size down a day after Stacey placed the order, which I know you can't do. I wish I had gone with my gut and ordered a size down as I did end up spending a heft number on alterations/taking the dress in which could have been avoided if I went with my gut feeling. But, better safe than sorry with these things and in the end, the dress looked great and I received great service.

Profile Picture Nhu, 6/27/15, 7 Reviews
4.3

The ladies at Flair were lovely. My only comment would be they don't help you into the dresses. This is not a problem at all, it is just a quirk. The dresses are beautiful and in a good price range.

Profile Picture User4402133, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience buying my wedding dress at Flair! I worked with Natalie who really listened to what I was looking for and who pulled multiple dresses that I could have seen myself wearing. Flair does not have a huge selection of wedding dresses, but it has a beautiful, well curated selection of gowns for brides who want something more unique at a reasonable price point.

I was planning a small morning ceremony and brunch and Natalie really embraced the non-traditional nature of our event and ultimately helped guide me to a beautiful lace Amy Kuschel knee-length dress. The ordering process was easy and when the dress came in (two weeks earlier than expected), I was shocked to learn I only needed to do a final strap alteration- otherwise it fit perfectly!

Flair offers and intimate and personal shopping experience and they have great follow-up communication. I didn't have a bridal party, but if I did I certainly would have used them for bridesmaid dresses as they have beautiful options!

Profile Picture User5134538, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such a wonderful experience at Flair! Stacey is fantastic and was incredibly helpful. I really had no idea what style of dress I was looking for but she picked out a bunch for me to try on and I narrowed it down from there.

I could not have been happier with my dress and only wish that I could wear it again!

I would definitely recommend Flair for your wedding dress!

Profile Picture Alison, 5/2/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I checked out several bridal salons before eventually coming across Flair and the experience I had at Flair doesn't even compare to the others. From my first appointment onward, it was amazing. I worked with Jaime the whole time and she was unbelievable!! I can't emphasize enough how incredibly kind, patient and helpful she was... not only during my appointments but for follow-up calls and emails regarding my dress as well as the bridesmaid dresses. The dresses at Flair are gorgeous, making it hard to pick just one! Jaime helped me really find the look I was going for and I can't thank her enough for that. If you are in the market for a dress or dresses for your bridesmaids, definitely checkout Flair!

Profile Picture User3992636, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Buying my dress at Flair was a great experience, even with a few hiccups along the way I went during a trunk show to try a specific dress on, and when I got there the dress had already been returned to the designer for a trunk show. The owner was very apologetic and gave me an extra discount on top of the trunk show discount. I tried on a few other dresses at that appointment and made another appointment to come back to try on the specific dress. I ended up loving the dress and buying it, in addition to a sparkly belt. I would definitely recommend Flair. All the girls that work there are very friendly and supportive, they have a great selection of both bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses!

Profile Picture User3882544, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies at Flair are amazing. I got both my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses there. I was late for an appointment one day and they were so accommodating. They made the whole process so fun. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my bridal gown and my sister her maid gown at Flair, and we were very happy with our experience. Flair offers high-quality, designer gowns at reasonable prices. I wore a classic Nicole Miller gown and paired it with a beautiful sash from another one of Flair's designers, A.B. Ellie. Everyone raved about how chic and elegant my attire was. Stacey Kraft did a wonderful job helping me dress for the occasion. She has great taste and even greater patience! I was so particular, especially when it came to the sash -- I mean, there are so many beautiful choices! -- and she guided me every step of the way. My sister is a bit conservative, and the Dessy gown we liked for her was one-sleeved. Stacey suggested adding a sleeve to the other side, and it worked out really nicely.

Stacey's guidance coupled with an extensive variety of beautiful, reasonably-priced bridal and maid gowns would have me recommending Flair to anyone!

The only drawback here is the fact that they do not have an in-house tailor. Stacey recommended the company that took care of her own gown (Newbury Tailoring Company) -- which I used, and was disappointed with. It may have been the fact that they recently expanded, but I felt the number of different people working on my gown, coupled with their lack of attention to detail during the finishing process led to a lot of stress. However, I'll leave that to a separate review.

On a positive note, I called Stacey and she did help get me through those frustrations. I wouldn't use that tailor again, but I'm glad she was there to guide me through getting the job finished.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 5/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I worked with Jamie at Flair for my bridesmaid dresses. She was very easy to work with and made the whole process seamless. If there were any discrepancies about measurements or the dress fit, she was very accessible and all of the bridesmaids could contact her with no issues. The cost of the dresses is in line with other bridal shops. If you live in Boston, Flair is a great option with a solid selection and great service.

Profile Picture User3550799, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews