82 Reviews for Five Star Entertainment, LLC

Flat Screen (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Projector (1)
62 Five Star Entertainment, LLC Reviews

Music and photo booth for our same sex wedding. I had no idea how popular the photo booth would be... plus received a beautiful photo album of everyone. Music and timing of everything was perfect. Thank you five star for making our special day even more special

Profile Picture Sandy, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Megan helped us through all the DJ wedding decisions we didn't even know we needed to make! Friends and family complimented them all night!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I cannot say enough great things about Five Star Entertainment, LLC, and it's owner/proprietor, Megan Johnson, who was wayyyyy more than just our DJ and Photo Booth operator. It's almost an insult to call Megan a DJ. She was a very important part of the success of my husband's and my wedding. First, Megan was ALWAYS available to talk about any aspect of the wedding. She provided us with forms which requested information about every little detail of our wedding, from where, when, who, to would my husband and I be staying for the last dance. It was incredible!!! These forms allowed Megan to know exactly how our Wedding was going to be orchestrated, and allowed her to share her experience with us as to the reality of how things would go down versus how I imagined or wanted things to go down. Megan also provided us with song request forms which allowed us to pick all of the songs we REALLY wanted to make sure were played and list others that there was no way in HECK that we wanted played. Five Star Entertainment is located in Grand Blanc, Michigan and my husband and I live in Plymouth . . . about an hour and a half apart. Megan met with us in person on two separate occasions to assist us in arranging the entertainment. The first meeting was about seven months from our Big Day, and the second meeting was about a month away. The first meeting was more informative, while the second meeting sealed everything in stone. In between the two meetings there were numerous phone calls, emails, and texts. Megan really believes in an "open door" policy. I'm not sure what I'm about to say is really pertinent, but it says a lot about Megan's work ethic and dedication to her clients. A few months before our wedding, Megan suffered a tragic, personal loss in her immediate family. Notwithstanding this, she forged ahead with making sure our wedding was the best it could be. Megan Johnson and Five Star Entertainment are just fabulous!!!! End of Part 1. Look for Part 2.

Profile Picture Andrew, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Part 2 of Review: Not only did Megan and Five Star Entertainment assist us in the months leading up to our Big Day, but she also was very instrumental in the weeks, days, and hours leading up to our Big Day. My main goal for our Wedding was to get through all the traditional wedding stuff and dinner, and get everyone on the dance floor and have a good time. One issue I had with the venue was that their designated dance floor was at one end of the room which meant people at the opposite end would not be able to watch people dance. I wanted to change the dance floor to the center of the room. Megan was very instrumental with making this happen. She made a special trip to meet with us at the venue to figure out the logistics. Megan also assisted at our rehearsal. She figured out at what point during our processional song each couple would begin their walk down the aisle. She helped pick out the seating music. Megan and Five Star Entertainment were very instrumental to making our ceremony as beautiful as it was. The entertainment at the reception couldn't have been any better, either. Our guests are still telling us what a great time they had because of Megan and Five Star Entertainment. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Photo Booth. It was out of this world!! All of Five Star Entertainment's props are high end . . . nothing cheap or chinnsey about these. Megan even designed the photo strips to match our wedding colors. Finally, Five Star Entertainment's up lighting is amazing. Megan was able to match the lighting with the beat of a song. There were times when Megan had the dance floor shining and sparkling like a casino. It was fantastic!!!! And her lighted logo of my husband's any my name was beautiful and shined all night on the dance floor. Okay, enough is enough. But please, if you're wedding is going to be anywhere in lower Michigan, you owe it to yourself to check out Five Star Entertainment and Megan Johnson.

Profile Picture Don, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Lane for DJ and photobooth services for wedding and everything was amazing. Our music for our reception was something that was very important to my husband and I because we really feel like the music makes the reception. We met Lane at a bridal show and loved his vibe and his photobooth and quality of pictures is the best I have ever seen! Lane took the time to meet with us to discuss every aspect of the wedding, even down to pronunciation of the bridal party's last names, which really impressed my husband and I. And he was awesome! He kept our reception running smoothly and on time and did everything that was asked of him. I received so many compliments on the music and photobooth at my wedding. It was one big party which was always our goal for our reception. We had people dancing up until the last song which is exactly what we wanted. Thanks Lane!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
4.1

Five Star Entertainment runs a top notch enterprise. We rented a photo booth for my daughter's wedding reception.Five Star Entertainment was on time, set up ready to go! The props looked brand new. The photo attended was very professional and curious. It was a wonderful experience, I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Kathy, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Lane was the best we could ask for! Our wedding was great and fun for all, in large part to Lane and his photo both as well. Lanes professionalism, flexibility, and attentiveness to us, made him one of favorite vendors that we worked with. Thanks again!

Profile Picture The, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Lane was absolutely amazing to work with. Everyone was raving about the photobooth, and the music being played. He kept things entertaining, and made sure people were out on the dance floor at all times! Five star was great to work with!! :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System
0.5

The photo booth was the only thing that was awesome. The DJ Lane was the MOST unprofessional person I have met in my life. I pray that he does not ruin any more events for anyone

Profile Picture User7296796, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

This was literally one of the BEST vendors of our wedding! Lane was professional, punctual and SO HELPFUL! He provides SO much for his reasonable price. We cannot say enough good things about him! He played the songs were requested immediately, he played songs from my must play list he did uplighting SO well and kept the dance floor full. He kept me on schedule with all of our activities and truly loves what he does. his attention to detail and nonstop willingness to help is what sets him apart from any other DJ. His photo booth is incredible and the props are endless, plus he provides you with a USB of all the photos and a complimentary scrapbook. I cannot say enough good things about Lane as he is one of the main reasons our night was so flawless. PLEASE BOOK HIM YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/3/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC
2.9

Lane did a good job picking songs at the wedding and the uplighting was nice. The only thing that I did NOT like was that he yelled at me on the phone because he was upset that I was trying to contact him due to a change of time in the appointment we had. I was confirming whether he received my email the day before changing the time, because I didn't hear back from him. I didn't want him to get to the appointment an hour early having to wait for my fiancé and I. I called him, then texted him a few hours later. My fiancé also called him. All contact was done over an 8 hour period (not back-to-back) the day we were supposed to meet. When Lane called me back he was furious that I had called and texted him while he was trying to ride his Harley. He yelled at me (literally), and I yelled back and demanded him not to speak to me disrespectfully. I was really disappointed in his behavior, because he seemed nice and professional when we first met him, which is why we booked him. Secondly, why yell at a bride-to-be who is already dealing with enough stress as it is! He did apologize, but I never got over it. It totally ruined the respect and admiration I had for him previously.

Profile Picture User6546769, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.7

I am a repeat customer because I had a great experience the first time I had used his services! I was very satisfied this time also. Photo booth was a huge hit. I received many compliments regarding the music and the fact he kept things moving. Highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture User6064381, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Five Star Entertainment is the best photobooth experience my guests and I have ever had. Lane, the owner, was extremely knowledgeable and responsive. He helped me select the perfect wedding package. In addition, the genleman who worked the photobooth was professional and fun (best I've seen). In addition, I had several guests comment on the quality of the photostrips - very high quality. And I loved the unlimited photo strips and the guest book we recieved. Overall, the price was excellent, the customer service could not have been better, and the quality was better than expected. I would recommend!

Profile Picture User4840083, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Both Lane and the photo booth attendant were amazing. They were outgoing and great with all the guests. My husband and me couldn't be happier with our service!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Our photo booth was more than we expected. It was extremely spacious, had the best props, and beautiful background options. Our guests had a BLAST with the props and told us all night how much they enjoyed it. The attendant we had was awesome too and we went home with a beautiful book that we will enjoy and share with others for years to come! I would recommend this company for all of your photo booth needs. Don't even bother looking anywhere else!!
(Really, we can't say enough good things!)

Profile Picture Nicole , 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

They made sure to make our day extra special and we had a lot of fun! The photobooth props were a huge hit and I love the album of all the pictures! I had specific versions of songs I wanted played and he made sure he had them exact :)

Profile Picture Jamie , 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Five star entertainment did a great job with the music, lighting,
Photo booth, and photo montoage. I would definetly recommend them
To anyone needing theses services.

Profile Picture User5493856, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Working with Lane was awesome! Super organized and helpful. The photobooth, Dj services, and up lighting all added to the ambiance and fun of the wedding. Lane and Crew really made our day truly special.

Profile Picture Charna, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I'm so glad we found a professional company that catered to our needs. We had an awesome attendant that was active with the guests. I would definitely recommend Five Star Entertainment LLC

Profile Picture Tesha, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Lane is an amazing dj. We did a reception only type of thing and we just didnt have much organization when it came to reception. He went above and beyond and made sure that everything was organized and people were having a great time. He did things he was not required to do because that is just the type of guy he is. he is very professional and a great person. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture April , 7/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

IF YOU WANT A GREAT DJ, DJ LANE IS WHO YOU NEED TO CALL. Best DJ I ever had the pleasure of meeting. LANE was very professional and very nice person. WE were very pleased to have him at our wedding. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING LANE,ALLEN AND SAUNDRA MEEK

Profile Picture SAUNDRA, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

We met Lane at one of our local bridal shows. Upon meeting him we realized that he was just quirky enough to make a wedding reception fun and entertaining. Personality, quality of supplies, and price sold us instantly. During the months to follow, Lane was always prompt at returning phone calls and emails. Walking into our reception we were so happy with what we saw. The up lighting was amazing. It took a simple bland hall and made it shine! the wireless lighting could be placed anywhere!! It was a nice change to not see a big over-sized DJ booth, but we were worried about the one speaker. But pleasantly surprised at the quality of sound that came from it. From having been to several weddings recently that couples used competitors DJ companies, you could actually understand and make out what Lane was announcing. Never did we have anyone request a song that he did not have or was not able to get, the dance floor was always hopping. The photo booth was like you stepped into Hollywood, from signs, red rope, to props nicely displayed, not just thrown into a rubbermaid container, it was truly the coolest photo booth hands down. The magnet sleeves that Lane showed us were awesome and in looking, could not find them any cheaper than what he offered us as a price, they were a great hit. Overall we could not be happier of our choice of DJ, would totally recommend him, and would do it all over again if we had to.

Profile Picture User4523063, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Lane O'Neill is awesome and I highly recommended Five Star Entertainment for not only weddings, but any event!

Profile Picture Carissa, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

The customer service is amazing!

Profile Picture User4405712, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Lane I cannot thank you enough for EVERYTHING you did for me at my son Brandon Fredrick and daughter-in-law Crystal Rowley-Fredrick hall - thank you for your ideas (you are my hero) I appreciate you soooooooooo much! The photo album with all the pictures is AWESOME I must have looked at it a dozen times - the memories are priceless. Thank you Lane O'Neill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Five Star Entertainment, LLC ROCKS!!!!! You are a class act - your attendant was standing tall - what a sweet heart! Thank You - Love You Lane

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/14/14, 1 Review