Five Crowns Restaurant Reviews

Five Crowns Restaurant 4
Five Crowns Restaurant 5
Five Crowns Restaurant 6
Five Crowns Restaurant 7

We held the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at Five Crowns. I can't say enough good things about how easy everyone was to work with. I would do it again in a minute. Whenever I had questions, someone would get back to us quickly. Nothing we asked for was a problem.

Sent on 10/07/2015
  • O

Omar & Lulu · Married on 07/31/2015

Five Crowns was the perfect wedding ceremony & reception venue for my husband and I. We currently live in England and our family & friends are all in Southern California, Five Crowns with its charming British-garden/pub vibe and it being blocks from the beach, it was the perfect blend of who we are. From the moment we met Alison and her team, we knew we had to book Five Crowns as our wedding venue. I was a no-frills type of bride and really wanted to venue that speaks for itself and Five Crowns was it! I didn't have to supply any centerpieces, china, glasses, etc. You name it...Five Crowns provided it for us and there was no hidden costs! They truly took care of everything. Our guests commented on how impeccable the staff service was, the venue was beautiful with strings of lights, candles & their own decor, and the food was delicious! I can't rave enough about Five Crowns, especially when it came out to be a bit under-budget! Thank you, Alison, Adam, & Five Crowns' staff! You're truly part of our best day ever!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Lylyana · Married on 07/24/2015

We had our wedding at Five Crowns this past July and couldn't be happier we chose the venue. We had our wedding in the greenhouse and patio area with 65 guests, it felt intimate yet spacious at the same time. While we hadn't visited Five Crowns prior to our wedding, we have been to Lawry's and good food was important to us. When we visited the venue for the first time it was perfect, it felt intimate yet had trendy touches that fit our style. Alison was also so comforting and professional during the entire process, there is this quality about her and we just clicked. The entire staff at Five Crowns are exceptional, we received numerous comments from our guests about the service and of course the food. We decided to forgo using a wedding planner so we definitely leaned on Alison (and Adam) for their recommendations. They are true professionals that put us to ease. We are super happy we had our wedding at Five Crowns, we wish we could of slowed things down as the evening went by so fast! Thanks again Five Crowns for a memorable day.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Roza · Married on 06/28/2015

I spent over 6 months looking for the perfect venue. I wanted elegant and magical (near newport beach or corona del mar), but for quite a small reception (nearly 50 people), without breaking the bank. It was like finding a needle in the haystack. I had dined at the Five Crowns before, so I finally thought of checking them out. I found my needle!!!! The courtyard was absolutely perfect (you can reserve the beautiful glass room as well, but I didnt need it for my small wedding). The service was absolutely flawless. Staff was warm and gracious. Alison, the wedding coordinator, is without doubt AMAZING! And so flexible about accommodating certain things because it was a small wedding. The food was to die for. The courtyard is so lovely! I didnt even hire a florist (not to say, you cant or shouldnt), but I didnt need to! It was all incredible. Hanging lanterns, lamps, vines.....it was already just how I imagined my wedding. I will really cherish that day forever, thanks to this perfect venue and gracious staff!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Oh my goodness! My reception at The Five Crowns was absolutely perfect!!!!! I honestly don't think anything could have gone better. The food was to die for, and the venue was stunning. Everyone told me that was the best reception they had been to. I am beyond grateful for everything they did for us. They made my wedding day truly magical!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Devon · Married on 03/07/2015

My husband and I got married in March and the day didn't quite go as we planned. When we decided to host a small wedding dinner again in November, I was nervous about the planning and working with another vendor. From the minute we met Alison from Five Crowns she was incredibly patient and kind as we navigated planning another event. After booking Five Crowns we began to work with Adam who was just as gracious and helpful. They were extremely responsive and really made the planning process a breeze! As for the day of, well we were truly blown away when we walked in. The patio was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for an intimate affair. The service was impeccable (even all of our guests commented on it), and the food was outstanding! One of the best meals we've had! I can't say enough wonderful things about Five Crowns, the wonderful atmosphere, the fabulous staff, and of course the delicious food. Whether you are planning an event or just going for dinner, this place is fantastic!

Sent on 11/14/2015

David · Married on 12/21/2014

We had our wedding reception at five crowns during the Christmas season. Everything was great. Alison, our contact guided us through the whole process. On the day of the receptions the staff were exemplary. They helped set up the name tags and party favors. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food of course. The room was for 100 and it was cozy but not too crowded.

Sent on 01/04/2015

I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant! From the moment we started planning our event, the manager Allison made everything go very smoothly! We are so grateful to her and her team for the excellent service that they provided to us. Many of our guests shared that they had never attended a wedding where the food and service was as good as what they received at The Five Crowns. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is perfect! I happily recommend this venue to any engaged couple who wants perfect service in an intimate setting!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Laurie · Married on 07/20/2014

Thumbs way up to Alison Robbins and the staff at Five Crowns for their patience and attention to details. We had our wedding and reception in the Greenhouse and Patio/Garden area of the restaurant, complete with a live country band and line dancing. I continue to hear from guests about the great experience. The staff at the Five Crowns helped to make the event perfect. "Perfect" best describes their attention to detail. The entire staff went above and beyond what's expected. We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. I would give Alison and the group 10 stars, if possible. (Also, a big thank you to Rob and Aynsley.)

Sent on 08/22/2014

We just had a small intimate wedding, and they were the best!
    All of the staff at Five Crowns were very professional and helpful.
    I definitely recommend this venue to all of our friends!!!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Kathi · Married on 05/04/2014

My husband and I recently celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Five Crowns Restaurant in Corona Del Mar, CA. Our event was fabulous, the assistance I received from Ansley at Five Crowns was wonderful. She answered all my questions promptly and provided references for outside vendors for entertainment.

Our anniversary ceremony and celebration was absolutely spectacular. My husband and I have celebrated our birthdays and anniversaries at Five Crowns for over 30 years. We love the restaurant, the food and the service is wonderful.

Our friends and family were so impressed with the food, the location (patio) and the event could not have turned out any better.

We will continue to celebrate our upcoming birthdays and anniversaries in the upcoming years.

Kathi & Doug Hikawa

Sent on 05/20/2014

Syndi · Married on 11/30/2013

Incredible and perfect setting for intimate wedding. It was simply magical and the food was the best British fare you can find in the states!!! Best Day Ever!!!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Wow, Five Crowns was fantastic. The venue was perfect for our small intimate wedding. They had everything set up exactly as we wanted and were so easy to work with. The staff were so helpful before the wedding and on the day of the wedding. Guests commented about how friendly and accommodating the servers were during the reception. The food was amazing and we are still getting compliments about the appetizers and meal. Can't say enough about how great they were and how perfectly everything went the entire day!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Lisa · Married on 11/09/2013

I can't say enough good words about the staff and coordinator of Five Crowns Restaurant. I had my wedding ceremony and dinner reception in their garden area and it was just beautiful, but what made it so special were the people at Five Crowns. They were professional, courteous and very personable! They made sure everyone was taken care of at all times and they always addressed me, the Bride and the Groom by our names!!! And on top of all that their food was phenomenal!!! I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for a quaint and special place to have a wedding or any type of special occasion!!! Thank you Five Crowns for making my day extra "Awesome!"

Lisa C. Schneider

Sent on 11/13/2013

Kate · Married on 08/11/2013

I had my wedding at Five Crowns in Corona Del Mar. Not only is the location beautiful, but the staff is amazing!!! Alison did an outstanding job making my dream wedding come true. She was so helpful and understanding with my requests. The rest of the staff did an exceptional job working my wedding. They were all so friendly and professional. We had the outdoor garden area and the greenhouse, which looked amazing. The food was also terrific! All of my guests raved about the food. If you want a wedding day to remember, then I recommend Five Crowns! They will make your dream wedding come true!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Nicole & Adam · Married on 07/20/2013

Beginning with the moment we first considered the Five Crowns Restaurant in Corona Del Mar (which is part of the Lawry's Restaurant Family) we were blown away with the professionalism of Allison Robbins and her entire team. During the planning stage and the month leading up to wedding Allison anticipated every possible detail and went above and beyond to ensure both the ceremony and reception would be perfect. And it was- the class and character of the entire operation from the property to the people (staff) at the Five crowns is extraordinary. The venue was so unique from the garden setting, to the SideDoor, then back to the restaurant for reception. We would not have changed a single thing. It's been a month since our wedding and our guests are still reaching out to us about how they had never been to a wedding where the service was so remarkable!!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Stephenie · Married on 06/28/2013

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Five Crowns. Alison Robbins and her team were top notch. Alison was easy to work with, and had everything ready to go perfectly. I felt the venue was perfect for our small wedding and was a very good value too. Everyone enjoyed the set up and the food was terrific as well. Thank you so much for helping make our day a special one.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Roni · Married on 03/24/2013

I couldn't say enough about how professional the catering manager Alison and her staff are at the Five Crowns. So glad I've decided to get married there. The planning process was easy and pain free. Alsion was so wonderful to work with, she's super friendly, flexible, and returns emails and phone calls right away. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Alison and her staff really took care of us on our wedding day, and you get 10% back on VIP rewards, can't wait to go back there to celebrate in the future!

Sent on 03/29/2013

We had a beautiful bridal shower in their "greenhouse " patio area. Great setting and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and professional. The food was really superb. Alison Robbins, the sales/marketing manager at 5 Crowns was very patient with all my questions and really worked with us on the menu. Honestly, a 5* experience all the way!

Sent on 03/29/2013

Jenna · Married on 03/02/2013

So glad we had our wedding here! Alison is awesome and such a pleasure to work with! The food was amazing (of course) and the staff was very pleasant. I was a little disappointed with the amount of plated appetizers at cocktail hour (for the $$$ I felt they should have been more abundant, though they were very good). All in all everything turned out beautiful and I was so thankful to Alison and her staff for putting together such a magical night!

Sent on 04/26/2013

Allie and Collin · Married on 10/27/2012

Thank you so much for all your contributions towards making our wedding the spectacular event that it was (we even used the word "perfect"--on more than one occasion!-- and that's a word we rarely throw out :)! Everything went so smoothly!!! We were thrilled with the soup (and heard raves from everyone at my table!) and the butternut squash risotto, bricked chicken and prime rib couldn't have been yummier! The service was attentive, yet understated, and we were so appreciative to have all our needs readily attended to. Thank you, especially, to Alison Robbins for your patience with us throughout this entire process. As we are the first of our friends to marry, we had lots of questions/concerns and we are grateful to you for bearing with us through it all!! We appreciate you "holding my hand" when we needed it all the while keeping a smile on your face, and ours! The best news is, we ALL ended the day smiling and, most of all, we couldn't have been happier with every aspect of our special day! Thank you for helping to make our wedding everything we'd dreamed it to be :)

Sent on 11/03/2012

Andrea · Married on 10/27/2012

The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and the day went flawlessly! Alison was wonderful. She was supportive up until the day of the wedding and on the day-- she couldn't have been more helpful! Without being at all obtrusive, she was there when she was needed-- she helped guide people around, offered the nervous groom a quiet place to sit with a glass of wine and a TV :), she was the calm in the storm. She also guided the wedding party down the aisle. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. I could not recommend her more highly. I give her a 6 out of 5.

Sent on 11/13/2012

We had a lovely time at Five Crowns for a Bridesmaids luncheon before the wedding! They provided wonderfull planning and attention to detail – it all went very smoothly! It is a beautiful location and the food and service were excellent! Alison Robbins is their event planner and was great to work with.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Annalee · Married on 08/30/2012

I recently had my wedding reception at the Five Crowns and everything was absolutely perfect. I was able to book the restaurant with just a few weeks notice and Alison and her staff were so helpful and accommodating considering the time crunch. We had our reception in the patio/garden area of the restaurant which we loved. It felt nice and private and had a great ambiance in the evening. The food and drinks were exceptional and as the bride I felt really relaxed and that I didn't have to think about anything but enjoying my evening. Thank you Five Crowns!

Sent on 09/14/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2012

When i booked Five Crowns they still had Margo as their event person and when she was retiring i got scared who would be taking her place....Welll I think i loved dealing with her replacement Allison more. She had a fresher look at the venue and how to set things up and I loved dealing with her and their staff. They day off everything went off with out a hitch every person working was amazing and got me and my hubby whatever we needed/wanted. It was an amazing day and everyone loved the food and the venue.

Sent on 07/15/2012