30 Reviews for Firstlight Photography

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Albums (1)

I was so pleased with the pictures that I am already ready to book a new photoshoot, this guy sees the most beautiful things through the lens of his camera. He was very flexible and willing to go out of his way to accommodate my vision for what I had imagined in my photoshoot :-)

Profile Picture Janel, 1/15/18, 1 Review
4.7

Great work! Kier was very patient with us during the photoshoot!

Profile Picture MaGenoviva, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

good team and staff. Very professional.

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Awesome people to have around and what a pleasure they are to work with

Profile Picture Alexus, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kier was amazing to work with from the moment we set up an initial meeting to the final touches on our big day. His assistant, Lexie, was a sweetheart and was very helpful from holding equipment to supporting the bride. Very professional and easy to work with; responsive and timely communications.

Profile Picture Mary, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kier was very easy to work with. We didn't want a typical wedding package and he listened to what we were thinking about and make it work. On the day he brought an assistant who was willing to get up on the roof and shoot from there! Overall we walked away with pictures that captured the feel of what we had hoped for!

Profile Picture Jeff, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

These eyes are great I would recommend them very highly to anybody we got awesome pictures a lot of different angles of the same picture they did a super job.

Profile Picture Harmonie, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day

My fiance and I have met twice with Kier and he has been great! He brought some samples of the products and work he does and...WOW. I can't wait for Kier to take our wedding photos, because I know they are going to be lovely!

Kier, Fawn, and Dan...oh my gosh. We cannot say enough about this amazing team!! We could write forever about our experience with them, but this forum only allows for a semi-short review, so here's the bottom line:If you have the opportunity or need for a professional, competent, caring, passionate, and just all around great team to help capture your memories, you should consider hiring Firstlight Photography. We recommend them with all of our hearts, as they have become more than just one of our wedding "vendors", but our friends. We took almost 2 years planning our wedding date and faced multiple changes due to my military assignment changing. On the final date we were able to do it, Kier was not available but still made it happen with the help of Fawn and Dan. We were so upset to find out he was not available but he went above and beyond to help us still, and Fawn and Dan were so great. There were some things that I was upset about after the wedding, just little things I didn't have time to give the attention to and I was crazy over it. But when I got the photos back, oh my gosh - they made it look like the perfect day. With their skills and expertise, they were able to make things look soft or sharp, bright or lowlight, and they captured moments I was not able to see first-hand that showed us what a great time our guests were having, which was our top priority. "Thank you" is not enough for what the Firstlight Team has done for us on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Jeneen, 7/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Fabulous photographer! Worth every penny for our daughter's wedding!!!

Profile Picture User7838788, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the most important factors for us in choosing a photographer was one whose images captured not only the best day of our lives but whose photos really reflected our individual personalities. Firstlight listened to what we wanted and our expectations were not only met but exceeded! Very easy group to work with, I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Profile Picture Maari, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kier's team was so professional. We had a double wedding held at Newcastle Golf Club, Kier and his team were constantly on the move to capture so many great photos. It could not have been easy to follow around 2 brides and 2 grooms but the memories that they captured were beyond our expectations. The engagement photos he did were fun and captured our personalities. Highly recommend Firstlight Photography

Profile Picture Michael, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Kier was relaxed and responsive to our needs and requests. He quickly understood what we were looking for and was great at engaging our guests at our wedding. Kier took beautiful pictures and I couldn't be happier with the price. i wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

OVERALL RATING...FIVE STARS!! (for some reason my iPad won't let me do five stars for all categories.
We just met with Kier for our complimentary consultation! We couldn't agree more with the previous reviews! Instantly he has felt us feel welcome & comfortable! With his busy schedule I called him this morning and he squeezed time into see us this afternoon! He kept us informed and let us know we can contact him whenever. Even though he squeezed us in, at the consultation he didn't make us feel rushed at all, and answered every question we had throughly. Right after meeting with him we booked him for our summer wedding! We are more than excited to have him & his assistant at our wedding in Olympia!

Profile Picture Jelena, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

These guys are literally the best! Our original photographer had an accident and was in the hospital, and we didn't find out till an hour before our wedding. Kier came running at lightning speed to get to our wedding in time. He was extremely professional, kind, understanding. Not only did we enjoy talking with him, but he was great at directing us for posing to get the most out of our pictures. I could not recommend Firstlight Photography enough!

Profile Picture Kat, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was nervous about handling everything on line (booking, deposit) without meeting them, but they are very reliable and professional.
Their personalities meshed with everyone at the wedding. They spent time wandering the yard to find special spots. They asked questions and heard what we had to say.

We received a preview of photos quickly and the disc when they promised.

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kier, Mitzi, and Fawn are amazing! Kier was really comfortable to work with during our engagement shoot. He & Fawn were absolutely fantastic on the wedding day as well. Our photographing shadows were as much a part of our special day as all the other guests and that is exactly the way we wanted it. When we needed last minute help with a couple of other services, Mitzi was on the ball with multiple suggestions. Even due to technical difficulties with his hosting site, Kier was super flexible getting our photos to us for certain gifting deadlines. The photos themselves are stunning and have captured our personalities and sheer joy of the day. We can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Elysha, 11/15/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kier and Mitzi are absolutely wonderful! They helped us feel comfortable around the camera and we had a lot of fun with them during our engagement and wedding photos. They were able to organize our large and easily distracted family, get all of the photos we wanted, and keep everything on schedule. They also went above and beyond by helping us figure out what timeline would work best for our wedding and answering all of our questions, photography related or not. They were easy to get a hold of, on time, and professional. The photos came out great, and were more than we had hoped for. We would definitely recommend Firstlight Photography to anyone looking for a photographer for any event.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 8/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

As a couple from out of state planning a wedding in Washington, we could not have been happier with the help and service we got with First Light Photography. We communicated via phone and email with Kier and he was always professional and quick in his replies. He was very easy to communicate and plan with. When we met Kier on our wedding day, he was flexible, relaxed, and excited to be there. Because we were doing a small, immediate family only wedding, we went with the Elopement package which was perfect for our needs. The product was incredible! When we showed pictures to friends and family back home, they said how the photographs captured the day and they felt like they had been there, too.

Profile Picture Allie, 8/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiancé and I left our photography choice until the last minute. Annemarie our wedding Officiate had recommended Firstlight to us and I sent them an email. We received a quick response and were given a reasonable price. Kier showed up well before our ceremony and took fabulous shots of us before, after and during. He even stood in as a witness. Kier was very creative yet unobtrusive and we found him extremely friendly and accommodating to the shots we wanted to have. The finished pics were fantastic. Kier was very easy to get along with, friendly and outgoing!

Debbie and Joe Vance

Profile Picture Debbie, 3/13/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a great time working with them

Profile Picture julie, 8/5/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Firstlight's Kier Smith, really understood that we wanted to enjoy our reception & how important it was, that all of our formal pictures were taken by then. So, we were not pulled away from our guests while we were having a good time. He was very efficient in getting all the formal shots done beautifully before the reception started & no one important was forgotten or missed. Then during the Reception, he had the eye to catch ad-lib shots that told the story & kept the memories alive each time we view them. He was like a ghost at the Wedding, there to catch the laughs & smiles, yet unseen almost, as he worked to capture the images of every treasured guest at the party.

Profile Picture Loine, 4/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kierstin with Firstlight Photography was amazing. I had NO ideas about shots I wanted/needed. Kierstin was my hero. He showed up early, scouted the location, and when it was time for pictures he stepped up and made sure we got all the essentials including photos of the wedding set-up, family shots, wedding details, and a gallery-worthy sunset photo of my husband and I that has easily become my favorite photo of all time. He got pictures I never would have thought to ask for, but which have become treasured memories. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :-)

Profile Picture Angela, 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

As someone who has worked in photography, I have to say that First Light Photography was excellent. They scouted the area and found great locations around the wedding venue. The photos came out great no matter what the lighting conditions were. Finally they were extremely accommodating of our requests and always fun and courteous throughout the post ceremony photo shoot and throughout the event. I would highly recommend Firstlight Photography to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer who is enthusiastic and not afraid to the unconventional.

Profile Picture User5442951, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were very impressed with Kier. He did an amazing job for us. In our short period of time with him, we managed to get to 3 different locations and ended up with pictures beyond our imagination. Now we have the difficult task of choosing the ones we like best. Kier was extremely easy to work with, listened to what we wanted, returned phone calls and emails promptly, and was very quick to get pictures back to us. We have had nothing but compliments on our photos. I would highly recommend First Light Photography. Thanks so much for being a part of our special day.

Profile Picture Michelle , 12/28/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kier was great and A LOT of fun to work with. The photos were awesome, from the candids he happened to catch to the locations/poses he had us do for some of the more staged shots... my wife and I couldn't have been happier. The quality of his work is amazing and he's a great person to work with. I'd have given him all 10s if I could have!

Profile Picture Camron, 6/13/09, 1 Review