First String Bartending Services Reviews

13 | San Diego, CA

13 Reviews for First String Bartending Services

Narisa · Married on 09/01/2019

Drinks were flowing! Guests were happy!

Richard and Andy kept the party going at our wedding of heavy drinkers! We initially chose them because they had the best bang for our buck and we were on a tight budget since the average California wedding costs $40k. They helped us stay far below that and we had a 7 hour open bar! They handled our 150 guest count with grace and efficiency. We got their mixer, cups, ice package we provided the alcohol. We also got 3 signature drinks with no additional charge. During the wedding, they made sure we had alcoholic drinks but what we found to be more impressive was that they made sure to keep us hydrated by offering my husband and I water! They looked like they were having fun doing their jobs. We definitely made the right choice with first string!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Johanna Roque · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing!

We had the pleasure with working with Richard!! He was awesome, great with our guests and so professional!! I remember him checking on us to see if we wanted anything to drink! Our guest loved him, it was almost like he was part of our family! Thank you so much for making our wedding so fun and we will be sure to use you guys again for other events!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Daniella · Married on 05/07/2017

I was overly impressed with Richard and his team. He was there for the walkthrough and on time day of, and in between the time I started talking to him all the way up to my wedding day he answered every single inquiry I threw at him. He even drafted a list if alcohol for me to buy and was able to make signature drinks we picked out from Pinterest! When the wedding day can, Richard himself was my bartender and he did just a flawless job. All of the drinks came out perfect and he managed so many guests to great my wedding planner cancelled the morning of and when I called him so stressed he assured me everything would be alright and the wait staff would help with whatever we needed. I was hesitant to have so.mayny guests with only two wait staff and 1 bartender, but they did such an amazing job ! The wait staff served me and the groom our plates, gave out signature shots and did just an amazing job keeping up with guest clean up and initial setip.and everything ! I have nothing but positive things to say about these people and oh my goodness they were so nice also, such great people. Also, I felt like I said a fair price l, which I have to say in the wedding industry is very hard to find!

Sent on 05/15/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 01/21/2017

Awesome! Professional and knowledgeable. Great set-up! They were super helpful with letting me know how much alcohol we should get and they gave us a great price.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Awesome wedding with the help of an awesome bartending vendor. First String Bartending was great and went above and beyond in all aspects of pre-wedding planning, set up and the services during the wedding. Great competitive prices, shopping list was on point (not much alcohol left over but did not run out either), arrived ahead of schedule for setup, everyone loved the drinks, they kept the bar area clean and ensured everyone was satisfied by the nights end. Could keep it going with how pleased we were with them and recommend them for any event you might be planning. Much love and blessings to Jacob, Richard and the First String Bartending group!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Richard was a dream to work with while planning our wedding. He responded right away and was so kind and professional. We would highly recommend that you use First String to bartend your wedding or any big event!!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/06/2016

We used Richard and First String Bartending for our daughter's wedding in San DIego in October, 2015. He and his staff was exceptional! The wedding was held at a private residence, so we needed everything and Richard provided me not only with bartending services but also with a wait staff and bussers. His entire staff was friendly, professional, and quick to serve. We discussed our expectations ahead of time and never once did I have to repeat our requests throughout the entire evening, everything I asked was attended to. Once he set up his bar, he and his staff had to serve drinks, move chairs, clear tables, empty trash, and I don't even know what else, because when the evening was over, everything was done. I cannot recommend him highly enough and encourage anyone to hire him. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Deb · Married on 11/07/2015

First String was First Class. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent bartending service.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2015

They are great to work with. They are accommodating in nature, whether you want to BYOB and have them simply provide a bar tender, to needing a full service bar, they are the best "bang for your buck" so to speak. We worked with Richard who was very professional and all our guest commented on how pleasant and professional he was. I would recommend their services for anyone in the San Diego Area looking for a bartender.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Karen · Married on 08/01/2015

We hired First String Bartending for our wedding and I could not have been happier with their service. We had two bartenders for the night and they both did an amazing job. One of them was even able to help by busing and picking up trash. Richard was the man I spoke to and he was fantastic and very helpful. I would definitely call them again. Thank you!!

*First String was also recommended by my fabulous coordinator Jessica (Stellar J Productions).

Sent on 08/28/2015

Heather · Married on 05/09/2015

I love working with Richard and his team!

As a coordinator (at Willmus Weddings), it's important to have a team of vendors that are professional, hard working and always one step ahead.

His team does all of the above and so much more! Even with all the moving parts at weddings, they are always so on top of things and they do it all with the kindest demeanor.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Megan · Married on 10/10/2014

We hired FSB based off of a friends reference for our wedding on Friday at Luce Loft. Richard was AWESOME! Ever since our initial emails about the service he has been nothing short of amazing. He is prompt and happy to answer any questions you have. He even creates a list of what you need to purchase and how much- which was extremely helpful. Richard and his staff were a hit at the wedding- all of our guests raved about how friendly they were and the delish drinks- and tricks he provided. I would recommend them again and again- it was such an excellent experience and I cannot wait to see what other events we can use them for! We recommended them to a friend, who also had FSB their wedding and it was nice to see them again! They provide amazing service, which is hard to come by- especially amongst the stress of wedding planning! Two thumbs up and 5 stars across the board we love First String!

Sent on 02/16/2016

First String bartended my wedding reception at Marina Village in March. They were professional, courteous and overall did a great job serving a large number of people! Richard was communicative beforehand, and was very helpful in giving suggested drinks when I asked for ideas, as well as helping me develop a grocery list with estimated amounts to purchase. The estimates turned out to be too much, but better to have too much than not enough! We had also asked that the non-alcoholic beverages would be self-serve to avoid a line for the water, etc., but somehow that didn't get communicated to the bartender (or for whatever reason, didn't end up happening)... so there was a long line for the drinks-- even just for guests to get water, which was unfortunate! Otherwise, guests were very happy and it went well. Good service, reasonable prices.

Sent on 05/16/2016