First Discount Travel Reviews

64 | Cincinnati, OH

64 Reviews for First Discount Travel

Jeremy · Married on 10/06/2013

We worked with First Discount Travel for planning our Honeymoon. Jerry was our travel agent and will continue to be our travel agent. He was very accommodating and resourceful in helping us plan our honeymoon. He kept in contact and kept me informed. When we arrived at our resort, we were the best prepared from other couples as he even took the time to bookmark our pages we would need to present to hotel staff and called me prior to cover any details I would need to know. I never felt overwhelmed or nervous about the trip. Jerry and his staff are one of a kind and truly professionals who care about your experience. When I returned he even called me back to hear how the trip went and wanted to make sure we had fun. Couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Sara · Married on 09/28/2013

When my husband and I were trying to decide where to go for our honeymoon, the options seemed overwhelming. We decided to go through First Discount Travel and allow them to help us figure out the perfect place to go. They have tons of photo albums of real pictures of the popular resorts and places you can visit. This was extremely helpful since you never know if the resort's website is showing you the real place in their pictures! We sat down with Kellie and she was able to recommend several places that met our requirements for our honeymoon and through some additional research, we picked the most amazing place in Cancun, Mexico! The resort we stayed at exceeded our expectations--the Le Blanc Spa Resort pampered and spoiled us beyond our wildest dreams! We are definitely going back again sometime. First Discount Travel is very attentive to your needs--they will make sure that you are going to have an amazing vacation! The best part is, they do all the work for you! We just had to show up and Kellie gave us all of the flight and resort documents we needed for the whole trip. We could not be more pleased with our experience with First Discount and we will definitely use them again in the future!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2013

Jerry was our travel agent. We loved him! He was professional and down to earth! His recommendations were right on! We absolutely loved our hotel and couldn't have asked for more! Thanks so much Jerry!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2013

We worked with Meridith and have never used a travel agency before. She was extremely helpful and answered all our questions. We plan on using her again for our next trip!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Erin · Married on 09/13/2013

Kellie worked within our budget but also helped us pick a resort that best suited us. She kept us informed every step of the way and was very prompt to return any email/questions we had.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Mary · Married on 09/10/2013

Jerry was great to deal with and very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone and will be sure to use him in our future travels!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Erika · Married on 09/06/2013

Meredith at FDT was awesome! She was able to sit us down, find out and ask us questions about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do on our honeymoon. We also were able to work within our budget to get the best deal for our money. We narrowed it down to the Excellence resort in Punta Cana. We were beyond happy with our experience in Punta Cana. It was amazing service, beach, food, room, etc. We felt like we were absolutely directed to the perfect resort. We actually are looking forward to booking in the future at the Excellence. Meredith also was able to set us up with the registry as well, which wasn't as successful as we would have liked, but a good option to have available to us. We were very happy with our overall experience and cannot wait to book with them again.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Kayla · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I went to first discount for help on planning our honeymoon and holly made the process a breeze! She was very informative and answered every question we had and made everything easy to understand. I was reluctant to go thru a travel agency cause I have always heard horror stories but now we will never book any vacation by ourselves! We will definitely be working with Holly again in the near future! Thanks so much for everything!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kyle · Married on 08/24/2013

Jerry was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We had never used a travel agent and it was definitely nice to have all of our travel documents ready for us and in one place; one less thing we had to worry about among the hundreds of other things we had to take care of for the wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Kellie was great. She helped my husband and I figure out every detail of our trip and was always eager to offer help. She was readily available to take my calls and handle my questions. We liked our trip so much that we plan on coming back to Kellie to plan out anniversary trip.

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • F

Fred · Married on 08/03/2013

I was trying to save some money by booking my own vacation and then we found First Discount Travel and they helped us book the trip of a lifetime within our budget. Thanks Jerry for all your help..Fred and Kelly

Sent on 08/22/2013

Aaron · Married on 08/03/2013

Jerry (First Discount Travel) was a completely fantastic person to work with and made our honeymoon experience so much more fun! Can't wait to work with him again on our next travel adventure!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Allie · Married on 08/03/2013

Kelly helped us out a ton! She had been to the all-inclusive we booked so she knew all of the ins and outs of the resort. She was amazing. We felt comfortable and confident that we were going to love the location of our honeymoon. We'd recommend our resort to everyone! That's all because of the work Kelly did for us. It was so easy and hassle-free!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Chara · Married on 07/06/2013

Meredith was amazing every step of the way. She always got back to us asap and took care of every little detail! We realized using her services in the future is the ONLY way to travel. She made it so stress free!

Sent on 07/22/2013

My husband and I were so overwhelmed with the honeymoon process. I mean, there are only thousands of places you can go, right!? We had originally thought we wanted to go somewhere int he Caribbean, but had no idea which island, which resorts and what would be the best for us. We had a strict budget due to the fact that we paid for the entired wedding ourselves. We decided we needed a professionals help and went to Jerry Katz at First Discount Travel. After interviewing us with some questios to see our interests and how we would like to spend our honeymoon, Jerry recommnended Riviera Maya in Mexico. First, neither of us had even considered Mexico due to the reputation and safety concerns. After speaking in depth with Jerry, we found we would get the most for our money, and get to stay a few nights longer there, too! He assured us that it was completely safe, that he had taken his small children there and been to our exact resort we ended up going to and had visted there 3 seperate times within the last 6 months. With a tiny bit of apprehension, we decided to go to Valentin Imperial Maya Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico and everything absolutely exceeded our expectations. Jerry hit the nail on the head. He set up an excursion for us, transport to and from the airport (since I guess it can be a little sketch no matter where you go with taxis and trying to take advantage of tourists) and took care of our honeymoon perks as well. He was available by email or phone, was prompt with returning calls or emails and was very flexible with our hectic schedules. I would go to this BEAUTIFUL resort again without hesitation and recommend it to anyone. The food was fantastic, the drinks were delicious, no kids, fun atmosphere, always something to do, great pool and beach, and the list could go on. He made our traveling experience awesome. We will use him again for our travels, and definitely go back to this resort. Thank you, Jerry, for all of your help!!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Holly and Jerry were great to work with. Holly was very informative and found an amazing trip to fit my budget. I have no regrets and will definitely work with them again on our next planned vacation. No matter what your budget is, they will treat you the same. They are great with customer communication and will do anything to make sure your vacation is perfect. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a travel agent.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Shannon · Married on 04/27/2013

We used them for our Honeymoon and they were amazing. We had a small problem at our resort (not First Discounts Fault) and as soon as we contacted them, it was taken care of. Very helpful, friendly, and great at recommendations!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Jerry and his team did a great job in ensuring we had all the necessary details and arrangments for our honeymoon. We had a fantastic trip and would recommend Jerry to all of our friends. We plan on utilizing his services for trips again in the near future!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Jonathan · Married on 04/06/2013

I went to First Discount Travel for my honeymoon. After calling, I was invited into their office for a complimentary consultation. Mr. Katz showed me personal photos of all the resorts and islands he's visited and asked me questions I wouldn't have asked myself. I had never used a travel agent and was surprised to discover their prices were the same or better than Expedia and other travel websites. I will use First Discount Travel for all of my future travel needs.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Dustin · Married on 03/17/2013

Holly was amazing! She found us the best hotels and the cheapest plane tickets. If there was ever a problem she was always available to talk and help us out.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Becca · Married on 12/22/2012

Jerry listened to exactly what we were looking for in a honeymoon and he delivered. He gave us a worry free and relaxed vacation that fit our lifestyle perfectly. The whole process was smooth and easy and he did all the dirty work for us.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Travel Discounters was very helpful in planning our honeymoon. We had a fantastic time and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Jamie · Married on 08/10/2012

Our honeymoon was a trip of a lifetime. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of our trip!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Very helpful and honest. Polite to work with and very knowledgeable.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Kristin · Married on 05/26/2012

We worked with Kellie at First Discount Travel to book our honeymoon- she was great, always able to answer any questions we had regarding the resort & anything else. We will be booking future trips with them for sure!

Sent on 06/19/2012