First Dance DJ's Reviews

121 | Denton, TX

121 Reviews for First Dance DJ's

Matthew · Married on 08/15/2015

Working with Trey and Michael to DJ our wedding was a pleasure. They were friendly, responsive, and overall very easy to work with. Michael coordinated the logistics (payment, web login, etc.) and Trey was focused solely on the music/DJ-ing for our wedding reception. The online music selection tool was very easy to use and we were able to not only request the songs we wanted, but more importantly (for us) the songs we did not want played.

During our reception Trey did an excellent job of getting people dancing and keeping the night flowing smoothly. We made a few "game-time" adjustments and Trey made all of our requests happen seamlessly like we had planned for them all along! Trey had a great balance of engaging the crowd without making himself the center of attention; he kept the music going and the bride and groom very happy! There wasn't a single moment where the dance floor was empty!

We would most definitely recommend First Dance DJs for the the value and professionalism they provide. They helped make our reception memorable for us and all our our guests! Thank you!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Deirdre · Married on 10/04/2014

Michael was a great DJ! He did a great mix of new age and old music that was wonderfully balanced to keep the dance floor popping. His pricing was the most reasonable out of any DJ I looked into from the DFW area! The night before our wedding, our coordinator realized we needed a little extra umph for decor so she called Michael last minute and he was able to do some beautiful uplighting for us as well.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

Michael was my DJ for my wedding and he was incredible! Very easy to work with and very responsive. When we did have a miscommunication, he did everything he could to make up for it. He was fun and kept the party going. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long. What I really appreciated about him is his control of the event. I let him know that is was very important to me for the guests to be a part of the cake cutting and the first dance and he did a great job of letting everyone know that those events were coming up so the crowd around us cutting the cake was huge! I loved every second of it. He is funny and very personable and I would recommend his services to anyone!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Sonja · Married on 01/21/2012

Michael really made our reception special!! He kept the party going, everyone had a blast! I'd highly recommend him for your wedding reception or any special event that will be memorable.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Squeetie · Married on 11/12/2011

I cannot recommend Michael enough!! Everyone was raving about him by the end of the reception. I didn't think anyone would dance, but the dance floor was never empty! The mix of music he played was PERFECT and he was very accommodating of our requests. We were lucky enough to find him on very very short notice and we're so glad we decided to "splurge" on a DJ and that Michael was available!! Now, I say "splurge", but he was such a bargain!! He kept everyone excited and really set the perfect mood for our reception. Thanks, Michael!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Christie · Married on 10/02/2010

Michael did a fantastic job. He was professional, courteous, and organized. He played wedding appropriate songs and tailored to our every need. He waited on us while we ate dinner and got the guests energized before we made our final exit. Thanks for making our evening so special.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Michael with First Dance DJ's did a fantastic job at our wedding reception. We didn't get the chance to meet beforehand, but he communicated to me everything I needed to know. The online portal made it easy to request songs and was very helpful. I didnt select a long specific song list, but after telling him what kind of songs we like and what genres we dont like he played great music the day of that sounded good and kept all the guests happy. We were very impressed! He was also very professional and organized throughout the night with the flow of events. This helped us relax and enjoy the night! Overall he did a fantastic job and we would recommend him to anyone. We also got uplights and a gobo light from him and they turned out great. Thanks Michael!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Stephani · Married on 07/05/2014

This was the easiest and smoothest part of my wedding planning. Everything was taken care of so effortlessly and hassle free.

One of my favorite memories from the wedding was seeing my little cousins, my bridesmaids, the groomsmen and other folks cutting it up on the dance floor all at once.

I highly recommend First Dance DJ!!

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • User2032704 · 2+ years ago

At first, we were trying to plan our wedding without even entertaining the idea of having a DJ in order to stay on budget. I am so glad my hubby and I changed our minds and decided to pay for the DJ out of our own pockets. It was money well spent, to say the least! Our wedding has gotten endless comments, to this day, from our guests about how much fun it was. I feel that all the credit should go to Michael Furr, our DJ, for creating the atmosphere that was enjoyed by everyone!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Michael was awesome! Really enjoyed working with him and I would reccommend his services to other brides!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/09/2011

Michael Furr of Texas Mobile DJ ervices was very professional, prompt in correspondence and service. Very easy to work with. Weddings are busy times and he handled our expectations with ease.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/19/2015

Michael is so awesome to work with!! He is very helpful and professional.
    Every questions I threw at him, his answer is always " Not a problem, I can do that"
    And when I was so nervous doing the planning, he told me that on the wedding day, the moment when I saw him I should let it go and think to myself that Michael got everything under control. And he was right!!!!

We love working with Michael and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Pam · Married on 03/20/2011

First Dance DJ's was very good. He kept things moving and you could understand everything he said the entire time. If there was anything negative it would be that just a couple of hours before the wedding, he called and couldn't find a song the bride wanted and needed her to pick something else. That day was so busy for her that it was impossible for her to think of another song. His Cd should have been created at least a day before so she would have had time to make changes if needed. But everything else was perfect. Thanks.

Sent on 04/02/2011

Lanette · Married on 10/04/2010

I just wanted to tell you that you guys did a great job on my sister’s wedding last October at the Marriott Quorum! It was great and turned out beautiful! Michael, you did a great job! Even with the somewhat pathetic attempt at “You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling” that the groomsmen did… ;). But it was great and I know my sister was happy with everything. I appreciate you guys so much! If I am ever in need of your services again I will let you know!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Sanghee · Married on 07/02/2016

We had Brian Ruth as our MC/DJ. He was extremely detailed and responsive to our needs. He did a great job at coordinating the music for both our ceremony and reception. He played most of the songs we wanted for the dance and kept the party going!

Sent on 07/14/2016
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/18/2014

3.0

Cory was the DJ chosen for our wedding night! Although he didn't reach out to me until days prior to the wedding day, Michael Furr, the owner, never hesitated to respond almost immediately to any questions or inquiries that I had. His pricing was more than affordable and his willingness and ability never lacked.

Although I never spoke to Cory until days leading up to the wedding... he did an amazing job. The ceremony music went beautifully, no mistakes, no timing issues.

I told him a brief idea of what all I wanted (as far as specific details to certain events taking place) and he pulled it off beautifully. He was instinctual and quick. There were countless times that I would make eye contact with him and it was as though he completely read my mind. He knew when my eye contact meant NEXT SONG PLEASE. He played a great mix of music throughout the reception. Although some were songs that I didn't put on our online request list, MOST of them were songs I had chosen. The songs that I hadn't chosen mixed in very well with the ones that I had chosen (again... he was instinctual and knew how to keep the party going and when to slow it down). My only regret was not saving enough cash in our finishing budget to tip him more than I did. But, I do want to say THANK YOU directly to Cory Badarack. You did awesome and made lasting memories.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Heather · Married on 03/20/2011

3.0

In the beginning the responsiveness wasn't good at all. Then finding out they had been bought out we contacted someone else and he was very responsive. The overall experience was fantastic and I really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 04/01/2011

Megan · Married on 06/18/2011

3.5

He provided a great mix of fun songs that got everyone at my wedding on the dance floor, even my 87 year-old great grandmother! The only thing was the version of our college song was not the original, so it sounded a little weird. A little more research on his part ahead of time would have solved that easily. Overall, great service and created a great atmosphere!

Sent on 08/03/2011

3.0

Michael was great at pumping up the crowd and had a great announcing voice.

Sent on 11/13/2014

3.8
      2.0
      3.5

Michael is a great DJ, and a very nice guy. I have never hired a DJ for anything before, so I have no comparison, but there were some things that I felt disappointed in with the service/job done, though, and want to share this information in case it might help others. I met with him once months ahead of the wedding, and we went over a few things in person. This was our only meeting prior to the wedding; I am not sure if more is standard or if he (or I) should have initiated more meetings. He was kind enough to lower his price a little since I didn't need certain things that typically come with a DJ (special lights, etc). The client portal was cool and useful, and he had a huge database of music to choose from, but aspects of the client portal were confusing. I chose more songs than we had time for, so I trusted him to use his professional judgment on what to play and when, based on his reading of the crowd. But it seemed he just went song-to-song rather than trying to gauge what would get people to dance--my guests avoided the dancing area like the plague (granted, it was very hot/humid so that was a big part of why). And right as we were preparing for the ceremony, my mom came to me saying he doesn't know what song I want to walk down the aisle to--even though we discussed this at our first and only meeting, and it was also on the client portal (I was told later that he'd said that was only for the reception, which makes no sense to me since it asked for all the special songs). Basically the only songs he knew were the mother/son and father/daughter songs, and the first dance, which angers me because he'd emailed me a couple days out to clarify the father/daughter songs, never asking about any of the other songs. My photog was furious because he didn't tell her when the first dance was starting, so they were not prepared to capture that. The lack of communication & last-min scramble on song choices seemed unprofessional, but again, he's a very nice guy.

Sent on 05/24/2015

First Dance DJ's's reply:

Jenee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and valuable. You covered several things in our review that I wanted to address.

We're always looking at ways to make this tool more convenient and user-friendly. I'll use your feedback to further enhance it's features for our future clients. As for the Ceremony song selections - I went back and verified that none of the Ceremony selections were listed. I'm also emailing you copies of the request music for verification. Thankfully this confusion never caused any delay's to your Ceremony and I'm so glad mother nature allowed us to have it outside.

During the reception, I mixed up the music to include many of your requested songs along with fun dance-encouraging music to get the crowd going. Unfortunately due to the warm climate and limited space for dancing - we couldn't keep the dance area full all night.

My sincere apologies for the less than stellar experience. You guys were alot of fun and I wish nothing but the best and many, many years of happiness.

Michael
    First Dance DJ's

3.4
      2.5
      2.5

I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed. I booked First Dance DJs through a package deal at my venue, The Milestone, and it fell on me to contact the DJ in order to begin preparing the music for the ceremony/reception. The company has a great online database/system that allows you to hand pick songs and assign them to the appropriate label (i.e. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce for Bouquet Toss, etc.) But call me old fashioned, I prefer a sit down conversation to discuss the information/details in person - which never happened. I had to request each phone conversation I had with the DJ, which I found annoying, and unprofessional, but the DJ understood what I wanted and made me feel assured.
    However, on the day of the wedding the DJ didn't come to greet me or eve meet me until the introductions at the reception!! Ugh. Even then he royally messed up our entrance song...
    Regardless, he played the right music and people danced, but it really felt more like the DJ just pressed play on an iTunes playlist. Not to mention each song was so long. My husband and I literally had to stop dancing to the longest version of "Sweet Home Alabama" I've ever heard, for the DJ to take the hint and change the damn song.
    He also stuck around for our private last dance, which doesn't matter but I was told he wouldn't be there.
    All in all, we had music, it played, the ceremony music & major dances (1st dance, father/daughter & mother/son) were correct, we all danced during the reception, but the MC part was lacking - he announced basic events (i.e., cake cutting, buffet, bouquet toss, etc) but didn't help keep the crown engaged.
    It was good, but not great!

Sent on 10/23/2015