62 Reviews for First Dance Charlotte

User Photos
Photos
Dance Lessons (29)
62 First Dance Charlotte Reviews

So to start, let me explain that I am the most uncoordinated and worst dancer in the planet. Alex somehow changed that, and we got so many compliments on our choreographed dance.

Alex is so professional but so comfortable to be around. My husband and I really felt like she became a friend to us and we enjoyed going over to her studio and learning how to dance! She took us from stepping on toes, to learning actual dance steps all the way to incorporating a lift into our dance!

I cannot recommend Alex enough. She is very attentive, flexible and communicates excellently. She is incredibly well priced and is so talented. She is patient and willing to alter what she has planned so that everyone is comfortable and confident!

Anyone would be lucky to have Alex as their dance teacher, she is one of a kind!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/14/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Alex is amazing! We had no idea what we were doing but she made us feel so comfortable and made us look good! We learned so much and found ourselves looking forward to our lessons! She does a wonderful job and miraculously made us be able to dance!

Profile Picture Christy, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex is just the best! I would recommend her to anyone who is wanting a fun and meaningful experience with their significant other or who is wanting to impress their guests! I am a trained dancer, but my husband had never danced a day in his life! She did a great job of breaking it down for us and the coreography was amazing and so much fun! My husband and I still do our dance every once in a while just for fun! Also, she was very great at working around our crazy schedule!

Profile Picture Kacie, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex is one of the nicest people you will meet & she made our first dance AMAZING!!! We had 5 lessons with her and she was very accommodating with what we were or weren't comfortable with. My husband and I have 2 left feet so dance lessons were necessary if we wanted to do anything other than just your typical sway. Alex is so creative and really made every step come together perfectly!!! We nailed our dance the day of & it's all thanks to Alex!! Our friends could not stop talking about how amazing our dance was either, we cannot wait to get our official video back to share!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We had the best experience with Alex at First Dance Charlotte! From the time I contacted her until our Big Day, she was so easy to get in touch with and was a pleasure to work with! I think we had four lessons which were definitely sufficient for us to learn a pretty simple dance routine and Alex would record what we learned so we could practice until our next lesson. My dad even came in for one lesson to learn a couple of steps for our Father Daughter dance. Would DEFINITELY recommend Alex and First Dance Charlotte!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We could not have been happier with Alex and First Dance Charlotte! My husband and I were a little nervous because we had never done anything like this before, but Alex was able to teach us (what I consider) an impressive dance routine in only five lessons. By the day of our wedding we were really confident and had a blast showing our friends and family what we had learned! At this point I believe that Alex could teach a brick to salsa. We had a great time with her at our lessons and looked forward to them every week. THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex did an amazing job with the choreography for both my first dance with the groom and my father/daughter dance. None of us were dancers, but we wanted our dances to be more memorable than the usual sway/two step that most couples do. Despite our lack of experience, Alex was able to put together two easy to learn dances tailored to the songs that we selected. Alex is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. She is also flexible and will work with you to get you to where you need/want to be. I could not have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Natasha, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Based upon a wonderful referral from a recently married friend, my husband, Justin, and I decided to take a few dance lessons with Alex in preparation for our upcoming wedding. We worked with Alex four different times, and we left each and every lesson telling one another “That was SO much fun!!!” And it really was! So fun in fact that we plan on continuing to take dance lessons with her in the future.

Alex proved to be an incredible instructor, full of patience and great ideas, with a disarming ability to make you feel instantly comfortable. She took our requested wedding song and incorporated lovely and unique dance combinations, including elements of salsa, waltz and rumba. The final product quickly became one of our very favorite moments on our wedding day. Twirling around the dance floor with my newly minted husband has become one of my most cherished memories. Thank you, Alex, for working with Justin and me-- you are simply the best!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Alex was wonderful! My husband and I got married in Mallorca, Spain and didn’t see the venue or anything before we got there (luckily all was wonderful), so the first dance was the only thing we could really prepare for. Our first dance was beautiful and the highlight of our wedding video and the day! Alex even helped with our mother/son and father/daughter dances. We did the wine and cheese package and can’t recommend Alex enough!

XO,
Aly (and Pat)

Profile Picture Aly, 10/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My daughter asked me about our father daughter dance at her upcoming wedding. Now I can sway with the best of them, but I could tell she was hoping for a little more than just moving our feet. She contacted Alex and the rest was history. At our first lesson I was very nervous having never taken a dance lesson in my life. Alex was quick to offer encouragement and quickly got my daughter and I doing some basic moves. She made sure that we were comfortable with each new move before we moved on to the next one. By the end of three lessons I was looking like a real dancer. Alex choreographed our entire dance and made it unique to us. My daughter and I were a big hit at the wedding. Thank you Alex!!

Profile Picture Dennis, 9/20/17, 1 Review
4.7

I can’t say enough good things about Alex! She took two of the worst dancers on the planet and managed to teach my husband and I a dance that had our friends and family more than a little impressed (and surprised) at our wedding. And we even had fun learning thanks to Alex’ laid back style and great sense of humor. Whether you want to learn a dance for a song, learn how to dance, or are just looking for some fun date nights with your significant other I highly recommend spending some time with Alex!

Profile Picture Dorothy, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am so glad I chose Alex at First Dance Charlotte to give my husband and I dance lessons! From the moment I first contacted her through our last dance lesson, she was wonderful! She was very responsive to my many emails, and she was so organized with scheduling our dance lessons. Alex was prepared with the choreography we would learn when we arrived for each lesson. At the end of each lesson, she provided us with written choreography and a phone recording of us dancing, which was really helpful. Best of all, she customized the choreography once she got to know us and our dancing ability level. Alex is very flexible. During each lesson, she would ask us if we wanted to practice a part again or move forward to a new part. She kept the lessons at our pace. I highly recommend Alex with First Dance Charlotte. She is very positive, personable, easy to work with, and organized. Neither my husband nor I had ever taken a dance lesson before, and by the end of the 5 lessons with her, we were dancing like pros! Our guest at the wedding were so impressed!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

For anyone who is looking for that special first dance on their big day, I definitely recommend Alex at First Dance Charlotte! She did a wonderful job choreographing our first dance and always showed both the patience and persistence to instill the confidence we needed (especially for me and my two left feet!). I had a lot of fun throughout the whole experience and the results speak for themselves! Her tutelage left us more than ready when the time came for the big moment and everyone loved the performance! Thanks again Alex!

Profile Picture Ray, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex was great, would highly recommend! My wife and I just wanted to learn a few basic steps/moves for our first dance. Alex gave us a few ideas, walked us through them, and we were able to find a comfortable routine. The classes were fun and confidence-boosting. Got many compliments after the wedding on our first dance.

Profile Picture Nathan, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so glad and fortunate to have come across Alex and her dance studio First Dance. My now husband and I, had just moved to Charlotte and I was planning a wedding in four months! While planning this wedding, which took place in Los Angeles, we were traveling for business and in Europe or Los angeles every couple of weeks. I found Alex 6 weeks before our wedding and explained that I had had this vision for the longest time, of our first dance choreographed to my favorite song “No Diggity.” In addition, I explained that we would have about 2 weeks to learn a choreographed dance, and on top of that I wanted something untraditional like salsa. Alex was beyond accommodating. I had sent her Chet Fakers version of “No Diggity” prior to our first session, and when we arrived for our first lesson out of five, she had a rumba/salsa dance perfectly timed to every verse of our song. She was extremely patient, encouraging, non-judgmental, and each of the steps were well explained and demonstrated. Working with Alex was like working with your best friend that knows how to dance, choreograph and teach. Lets just say, with just five lessons and 2 1/2 weeks, my now husband and I nailed our first dance and have such a beautiful memory to look back on. We definitely plan on taking more dance lessons with Alex in the future, she all around exceeded our expectations. What a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Renata, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

totally amazing!! Alex created a new choreography for our song, she teached us to dance and it was very fun, she is very patient. Brian and I enjoyed dancing lessons so much, it just took our mind off the stress and for one hour we were focusing on one single thing....
at our wedding day, everyone was so surprised to see us dancing.

Profile Picture Marilyn, 7/11/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Alexandra will tailor her sessions to what you need. She has a great ability to listen to what her clients want and clearly does her homework before you arrive so you can hit the ground running. When we showed up for our first lesson, she had our song all cued up and even had ideas about what steps might work out well for the song we were dancing to. My son and I had great fun during our lessons with her and best of all, felt great about dancing together at his wedding. Would HIGHLY recommend her!!

Profile Picture Patty, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so grateful to Alex for working with us on our first dance for our wedding! My fiance (now husband!) and I decided on dance lessons as a Christmas gift for each other, which ended up being such a fun decision. We are the type of couple that loves to dance at other peoples' weddings but felt nervous about having all eyes on us at our own. Dance lessons were the perfect way to get over that.
From our first emails with Alex, we immediately felt comfortable and excited to get started. When we met Alex, we knew we had made the right decision! She was so friendly and inviting, and the studio space and lovely and cozy, like you're visiting a friend's home.
Alex helped us pick the package that would be the best fit for us and our goals. She was accommodating with our schedule and generally just very helpful with the planning logistics. In fact, the dance lessons didn't feel like part of the wedding planning; they simply felt like a nice, relaxing, bonding experience with my husband-to-be. We looked forward to playing our song at home and practicing after work so we could show up prepared.
We hit an unexpected roadblock three weeks before our wedding when my fiance ruptured his Achilles tendon leaving him unable to bear weight on his right foot for 4-6 weeks. We knew he would be on crutches for the big day. We were both heartbroken to realize our plans for a sweet first dance were not likely possible, and we emailed Alex to let her know. Alex immediately revised our dance, even eliciting the the help of her husband, and came up with multiple ways to maintain it, including my fiance dancing from a chair. She was so kind and encouraging, and she did her very best to make our dance the best it could be. Her spirited approach to helping us renewed our confidence, and ended up with not only a memorable first dance, but also a whole lot of special memories.
We had a wonderful experience working with Alex, and we would do it all over again if we could!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Without having any previous dance experience, my husband and I were nervous going into our first lesson. Our nerves quickly disappeared when we met Alex. She has a private, cozy, intimate studio setting. She was able to take our song and customize a first dance for us. Over the course of five lessons, we were able to build confidence and perfect our routine for our wedding. We even added a lift!
Our friends and family were completely blown away by our dance. We received so many compliments. Because of Alex, and her teaching style, we looked forward to our weekly lessons, and were able to create a first dance that we will never forget. If you are considering taking dance lessons, we would highly recommend Alex. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Tori, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex was absolutely amazing! Jason and I took dance lessons a couple years before our wedding but felt like we forgot pretty much everything we had learned. The first day we came to Alex's studio for our choreographed wedding dance, we knew she would be a perfect fit! She gets along with anyone and has created a wonderful laid back and comfortable atmosphere to learn. She made our experience fun and exciting and did not scrutinize when Jason and I were having an "off" day. She worked with our busy schedule and did not get frustrated when I had to reschedule a lesson.
Everyone was amazed with our wedding dance on May 6, 2017 and we owe it all to Alex! She comes highly recommended and for good reason! Thank you so much Alex!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

She is amazing. I still can't believe that my husband and I were able to learn the "The Time of My Life" steps. It looked almost impossible for us and she was great. It was great to work with her because of her flexibility, professionalism, and friendly character. Thank you again. We will use you again to learn different types of music.

Profile Picture Priscila, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Alex is AMAZING!! I have always loved to dance and wanted to do a really impressive first dance, but my husband hates dancing and is convinced he can’t dance at all. Alex to the rescue! We started a few months before the wedding and Alex choreographed and taught us a swing dance to “In the Mood” completed with a back flip (that got tons of cheers from our guests)! Alex was great about teaching us parts of the dance in small chunks and not moving on until we felt comfortable. She also would spend the beginning of the lessons helping us with parts from the previous lesson that we discovered we were struggling with when we practiced on our own, before moving on to new material. This helped our confidence level greatly! Finally, she didn’t have a problem adapting her choreography to mesh with ideas we had or problems we were having, which made the experience feel very collaborative and fun!

If you want to wow your guests with a first dance but one or both of you are a little nervous about dancing, hire Alex! She’ll make it a fun experience (that you’ll miss once the wedding is over) and will have both of you dancing like pros in no time!

Profile Picture Abby, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

ALEX IS AMAZING! We loved working with her!! She is so down to earth and will make you feel so comfortable doing something that might not be the most comfortable! We used her for our first dance and father/daughter dance. She made us feel confident! I also loved that it was completely private vs. being in a large ballroom studio with other people practicing. We loved what she choreographed for us! She taught us so much!! You will not be disappointed if you use Alex!

Profile Picture Lowery , 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alex was so sweet and patient with her lessons. My (now) husband isn't comfortable with dancing but she was able to use his sports experience to translate into dancing (who knew?!). It was casual and comfortable in her home with great wood floors in a big space. We enjoyed our experience and would definitely recommend her to others!

Profile Picture Tina, 3/4/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Alex was amazing. We wanted a special dance choreographed just for us that would leave our guests in awe, something different that we hadn’t seen on a YouTube video, and something very elegant for our venue. Alex did a great job choreographing our dance. It was so much fun to learn and we continue to practice when our song comes on or we are just in the kitchen cooking together. We’ve gone to dance classes at other places and we didn’t just want to learn a traditional type of dance for our first dance in an impersonal way but we wanted a dance just for us that only we knew.

The dance she created brought us out of our shell and she taught us a lot that we never thought we would be able to accomplish like multiple turns, dips, and lifts. At the lift when the song is almost over, there is a pause for us to take a moment and that’s when everyone thinks the dance is over, and then we go right back in to more spins and turns and finish it off with 2 dips! Our guests went crazy and that is exactly what we wanted for our first dance as husband and wife.

Profile Picture Angel, 1/7/17, 1 Review