First Comes Love Photo Reviews

11 | Ann Arbor, MI

11 Reviews for First Comes Love Photo

Natalie · Married on 10/08/2016

Alison did an amazing job as the photographer of our wedding. She was so easy to work with and is a delightful person. She was available for any questions I had and was awesome in providing advice as a I needed it throughout the process. On the day of, she took the photos in the way that I imagined. Everything was calm and there was no chaos, which is what I was definitely wanting to avoid. I wanted a photographer that would take a few selected posed photos, but otherwise would move with the tone and atmosphere of the day. She helped my husband and I remain focused on each other and RELAX during our photos to just live in the moment. For that, I will be forever grateful.

I have only seen the preliminary photos from the day, but they are beautiful and I cannot wait to see the rest and have them as a memory from our wedding day for the rest of our marriage.

I'd definitely recommend Alison for any event and I'd 100% choose here again for my wedding day.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Hiring Alison was the best decision I made about my wedding, save for saying “yes” when my husband proposed.

Alison is smart, professional, and experienced. She is a talented photographer. If you choose to work with Alison, you will find your personality, your dynamic as a couple, and the aesthetic of your event in her photos. Her photos are not just gorgeous, they are gorgeous photos that tell your story clearly.

Just as important as the exceptional quality of her work, Alison is a joy to work with. Having Alison around on our wedding day was a pleasure. I knew she knew was she was doing, and was able let go and enjoy my wedding. She manages to be everywhere at once – capturing each important moment – all while being utterly unobtrusive. “Sneaky,” she calls it. I call it awesome. Alison also has great skill and experience working with the crowd of a wedding – family, friends, churchgoers... she wrangled all the people who needed to be in our formal photos, and the process was fast and (dare I say) fun!

An unexpected and absolutely invaluable part of working with Alison, for me, was how well she knows how to help you prepare. She knows what she needs from you in order to make the day run smoothly from the perspective of photography, and this translates incredibly well into making the day run smoothly, period.

From our first email exchange I knew I wanted Alison as our photographer. She is kind and caring, and naturally understands and gets along well with people. This is, perhaps, enhanced by her art, but is not just a function of it. Alison is supportive, warm, and openhearted, and she reads people very well. All of this comes through in her work. Her work is impeccable, and her taste is unimpeachable. You can truly just let go and experience the day, knowing that your photos and the memories of the event will be quite perfectly preserved for you.

Sent on 08/31/2013

Karen · Married on 09/26/2009

I have been into photography all my life and am very picky when it comes to photographers.

I scoured website portfolios and met in person with 8 different photographers before choosing Alison for our wedding in Sept. 09.

She had the best work, the most reasonable prices, and she was by far the COOLEST of all of the photographers I met with. How often do all those things line up?

You end up spending a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day so choose someone who you groove with. Alison is super easy to get along with, she is not at all intrusive, and she takes great photos.

She shot our rehearsal dinner and set up a photo booth for us that was super-fun for us and for our guests. We were having such a good time that she stayed waaaay past the time she had promised in our contract, and was super nice about it.

Now we are left with the hard part-- choosing amongst the great photos that she took to create an album!

Sent on 04/29/2010

Brooke · Married on 08/22/2009

Allison's services strike a perfect balance between value and quality. She is very gifted at capturing the energy of your wedding in countless candid, beatifully composed photographs.

Martin · Married on 08/23/2008

Alison shot our wedding in 2008. I initially didn't even want a photographer since I am not particularly fond of being photographed, and posing stresses me out. I almost convinced my wife, but her parents would have none of it.

We looked at dozens of photographers that we couldn't get ourselves to hire for various reasons. Due to my job, I am somewhat knowledgeable about (digital) photography, and I might be a little pickier about picures and prints than most.

When Alison shot our wedding, she was professional and great to work with. She was on top of everything, making sure it all went smoothly and painlessly (especially the family photos). The photo-shoot after the ceremony was actually a lot of fun, and that is a huge compliment coming from me. Our pictures turned out great, capturing our most important moments as well as the atmosphere.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Allison · Married on 06/30/2008

Alison photographed our wedding in June '08 and my husband and I couldn't be more pleased with her as a person as well as her work. I was attracted to Alison's photography because to me, she has a unique eye for capturing off-the-beaten-path details, a terrific use of light, an artistic perspective, and an ability to capture people and landscapes at their best. I felt all of these aspects of her work would lead to meaningful wedding photographs, not just a typical set of posed photographs.

When I met Alison I was immediately at ease and knew I wanted her presence at our wedding day. I felt she understood that we just wanted to let events of the wedding unfold rather than have a photographer who directed people around. She listened and heard my concerns about family dynamics. On our wedding day I was running late and Alison was very calm and helped me relax and enjoy the moment. She was very conscientious and respectful and professional throughout the day (and before and after) and managed to capture our desired shots wonderfully. Upon reviewing our photos, I was surprised to see that she'd been all over the place and I didn't even notice Our photos truly reflect our happiness that day and the images are really amazing quality. She surpassed my expectations. We have received loads of compliments on our photos and how well they captured our wedding day.

I recommend Alison without hesitation.

Sent on 04/29/2010

Marc · Married on 06/14/2008

Alison's work is hands down the best photography in the industry. We only had her shoot the preparation, and we fully regret not having her shoot the whole wedding. If we could go back and book her for the whole thing, we absolutely would.

Jen · Married on 10/21/2007

Alison is AMAZING. I HIGHLY recommend her. She made my wedding day so easy and her calm nature overflowed into my day. She was great with the guests, and took the most beautiful shots of my wedding! I feel so lucky to have had her with me on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Vicki · Married on 08/04/2007

Alison photographed both of my daughters' weddings in Michigan. She was so easy to work with, guiding us through the process with humor and a relaxed demeanor that was contagious. Using her camera, Alison captured the emotions, sights, sounds and smells of the entire day. The photos are amazing! I would describe Alison's style as unique, creative and contemporary. Even her "traditional" shots are extraordinary.

Amy · Married on 08/09/2008

Alison shot our wedding this past August, and she went above and beyond. She spent a long time on the phone with me discussing scheduling and what kinds of shots we wanted. She was always very friendly and professional. On the day of the wedding, she was unintrusive, not always in our faces, and not blocking us from the view of our guests (as I have seen many other photographers do at weddings). When I was getting ready I was having trouble with my hair style, and she volunteered to step in and help, thank goodness!

The quality of her photos is superb. I really like her photographic style, and she has a great eye. My husband and I are both extremely pleased with her work.

I'd also recommend her for headshots or other photo shoots (engagement photos, baby photos, etc.), as she was extremely easy to work with.

Madhu · Married on 11/18/2017

Amazing pictures!

My husband and I chose First Comes Love Photo for our wedding ceremony and reception pictures. We live out of town, so Alison set up a helpful introductory call to discuss our photo desires and make sure we were all on the same page regarding picture priorities for the big day. She is also great about answering any additional questions via email. Alison has such a great personality and really helps put everyone who is being photographed at ease and makes the whole process go so smoothly. Since our wedding was in November and the weather was a bit stormy that day, she did a great job of scoping out the best photo spots at our venue and also was able to squeeze in some outdoor shots during a break in the storm. Alison did such a great job of capturing all the important moments throughout the day, and sometimes we didn't even realize she was close by because she does such a wonderful job of being present but unobtrusive. Looking through our wedding album and sharing the pictures with family and friends has been such a wonderful experience and really lets us relive all of the special moments of that day. We highly recommend Alison for your wedding photos!

Sent on 11/17/2018