First Class Limousine Reviews

190 Reviews for First Class Limousine

• JennD

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2012

2.0

I was disappointed with this vendor and I am not suggesting them to fellow brides. They arrived on time which was the most important part but then it all seemed to go downhill. My husband and I were married at Saint Catherine's Chapel in Farmingdale. Since the chapel is so small and I had 8 bridesmaids, the girls had to wait outside before proceeding down the aisle. Apparently one of the drivers (we had two limos) told the girls that my father and I were coming around the building and towards the door and told them to start going down the aisle. Well the pianist we hired was not in place at that time and therefore the girls walked down in silence. Thankfully he was in place by the time I walked down the aisle. It was not the limo drivers call to make when the girls should start walking down the aisle. I didn't find out about this until after the wedding and I was furious. After we were finished pictures and the chapel we were heading to Spring Lake to take bridal party pictures in the park, the driver of the party bus asked me for the address. How in the world would I be able to find the address??!! This is something that was already squared away in my phone call to the office! Where was the communication between office staff and driver? What tops everything is that the party bus driver came up to me in the middle of taking family pictures and starts talking to me about overtime pay. I pointed to my father and said to see him, that my father would take care of him. Then while taking pictures at the park, the driver goes to my photographer to complain about the overtime. This was extremely unprofessional not to mentioned disrupted our picture time. I would not use this service again or recommend it to any brides.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2012

1.5

My sister used first class limo for her wedding and had a wonderful experience. Without hesitation, we booked First Class as well. We booked the Party Bus to transport us to and from the ceremony and to the reception. The limo was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The limo driver was great. He really took care of us and made sure I got in and out of the limo and into the church with ease. The only problem we had is with the shuttle service. We also booked a shuttle to transport the guests to and from the hotel. We paid quite a large amount of money for the service and while the new shuttle was beautiful and well kept I was highly disappointed with the service. On the return trip we ended up needing a 4th run and went 10 minutes over the alloted 1.5 hour slot. However, I was told that the driver sat outside the venue on the 3rd trip for quite some time without bothering to find out how may people were left. There were only 1 or 2 seats left on the bus and there were at least 8 of us left. The driver then sped back to the hotel and upon returning to pick me, my husband and our parents up, sped on that trip to. When we returned to the hotel we were told we needed to pay him $60.00 for an extra half hour of time even though we only went over 10 minutes (time that could have been avoided had he not waited around so long on the 3rd trip). If I knew I'd be charged for the full half hour I would have liked the driver to adhere to the speed limit and been safe rather then trying to make up time that we would be charged for anyway. The whole shuttle experience ended our wedding night on a low note and I am not sure I would recommend First Class for their shuttle service.

Sent on 06/26/2012

3.5

The only vendor we were really disappointed with. We only were able to get quotes from two companies to provide us with the service we needed - a 24-person shuttle at the beginning and end of the night, between the hotel and the venue. Both companies had similar reviews and First Class was much less expensive, so we went with them. In the end, we were not that happy.

Did all our guests end up at the venue for the wedding? Yes. Did everyone get back to the hotel afterward? Yes. Did this happy in a timely manner or at all according to set schedule? No.

We communicated well with wedding guests and set very specific leaving times for the shuttles, and then told them the shuttle was going to leave earlier than it was scheduled to leave anyway. Unfortunately, the shuttle driver did not follow the leave-by schedule that we set, despite very clearly communicating that we needed them to follow the schedule. The first shuttle ended up arriving at the venue nearly 30 minutes late, which started a chain reaction of each shuttle being late. Despite the fact that we had left buffer time, we were forced to start the ceremony late, waiting for the last shuttle of guests to arrive.

At the end of the night, the shuttle arrived at the venue on time, but again did not leave according to schedule. It also took much longer than expected to return for the second and third rounds. When we got on the last shuttle of the night, we got a bit of a sense for why the shuttle was taking so long on each round - the driver wasn't taking the most direct route from point A to point B! It is definitely the company's responsibility to make sure that the driver knows the best route between points on the shuttle route, and in our experience this did not happen. Later on, guests also familiar with the area mentioned noticing similar deviations from the best route.

While they were less expensive than their competitors, we would not choose First Class Limousine again for shuttle service.

Sent on 09/01/2012
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/02/2011

2.5

We went to First Class looking for a limo for our wedding. We arrived a few minutes after they had closed, but one of the drivers showed us the limo we were interested in, and the owner spent an hour talking with us about his fleet. On our wedding day, the limo showed up on time, and got the bride to the church on time as well. The driver was friendly, but didn't really know how to help with the bride's dress, which is one of the services that comes with the wedding package. He was neatly attired, but not wearing a tuxedo. He was confused about which way to go, and although he took a couple of wrong turns, and after taking local roads instead of the highway, we finally arrived at the hall a little later than expected. The air conditioning didn't work that well, so the car was a little warm, but there was plenty of cold drinks available. Overall, we were satisfied with the service, but there is definitely room for improvement. For a wedding, I would request a more experienced driver, and provide directions for them.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Kristin · Married on 06/16/2012

2.4
      2.5

Everyone in the office was very nice but my driver the day of my wedding was horrible. The woman was so nasty to my bridal party and when she snapped at me, I knew I was not going to ever recommend this company.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

1.6
      1.0

If I could one thing about wedding planning it would be booking First Class for our limo service. The actually booking was fine and vehicle itself was great but our limo driver was a complete and utter TURD. He did nothing to help me and my bridesmaids off the limo. In fact, the train on my dress and veil were all bunched up going down the aisle in the church because he failed to fix it (as stated was part of the driver's job [remember your mom, grandmom, & maids are all in the front of the church and your photographer is busy taking photos]). My bouquet ended up being left at the church, about 15 minutes from the photo location, and when I told him we need to go back he flat out told me "no, I'm not going back there." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I'm PAYING for you to be here and if I need you to do something for me ON MY WEDDING DAY you should be happy to help me! We ended up going on our time by about an hour and my husband got absolutely 100% heckled by the driver IN FRONT OF OUR WEDDING PARTY AND PARENTS. He was mortified!!!! He tried to tell the guy he didnt have his wallet on him (not a surprise, he was KINDA busy that day). But the driver was so controlling and didnt want him out of his sight, that it ended up being a shouting match in front of our venue (again, in front of our wedding party) that he needed to go up to the room to get his wallet. The driver was an absolute ass. Like I said, biggest regret for wedding planning. I'm sure if you book with them and get a different driver, it may be different but for us... it was miserable. But I guess, like the old saying, you get what you pay for...

Sent on 10/12/2016

1.6
      0.5

We booked a limo with this company to take me and my bridal party to the hall. We called a number of times to confirm the schedule. Pick me up from one place. Pick the groom up at the hotel. Shuttle people to and from the hotel until the time is up. The limo picks me up and then thinks he is done for the day and goes home. We booked them for 3.5 hours!!!! Not 30 mins. He didn't check the schedule, ask if he was done, or even stay around for the full time. The whole party had to scramble to find cars after we realized he wasn't coming to get them. It was the only screw up for our wedding, thank god. This company wouldn't even refund us completely because they said eventually got to the hotel even though they didn't do what we needed them for. We got an hour refund. They made me upset on my wedding day, not nice.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2013

1.4
      0.0

I hate writing bad or mediocre reviews and tend to only review vendors when I have positive things to say, but I feel I have to warn fellow brides about my experience with First Class Limo. We reserved two large limos (the stretch escalade and the stretch inifiniti) for our May 18, 2013 wedding, as well as a classic car (their 1956 Bentley). I was impressed with the shape of the cars-- they were in very good condition and the Bentley in particular was beautiful. The problem we had was with them being on time and their customer service. The first limo to arrive (to take my now husband and groomsmen to our church) arrived late which then made us all late (25 mins!) to the church since that limo had to turn around after dropping off the men to come pick up my bridesmaids and family. I might have been able to overlook the time issue, however the rudeness of the drivers was completely unacceptable. Despite being late, he informed us (first words out of his mouth to my fiance) that we had him "until 7pm sharp" and when we were taking photos he was so aggressive, rude, and rushed us and our photographer- creating an EXTREMELY uncomfortable situation. We paid for 4 hours and should have had the limos until 7:25pm since they were late to begin with, but there was no such compensation or flexibility and we did not receive a partial refund. The driver that was driving my new husband and I barely said anything to us when we exited our church and only mumbled "I have mini bottles of Verdi if you want one"-- we declined his begrudging offer. Also, one of the driver's GPS died while we were driving, causing a big problem and me fumbling around looking for my phone in my wedding gown so I could give them directions off an iphone. How we were treated was borderline mean and actually took away from our wedding day. The treated our other vendors so poorly (especially photo & video) as well. I would not recommend this vendor for couples looking for professionalism and courtesy.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Anne · Married on 09/16/2011

1.2
      1.5

We used First Class Limousine for shuttle services (24-person shuttle) between our hotel and the wedding venue for our guests. I was excited when I first contacted them as everyone that I dealt with during the booking process was extremely helpful and professional. However, we were very disappointed on the day of our wedding. During the first ride from the hotel to the reception venue (a 10 minute ride and about 6 miles), which had my husband's family on it, the driver insisted he was lost, pulled over to the side of the road, and said that "he gave up." My husband's uncle had to talk some reason into him and tell him that he simply turned the wrong way. As a result, almost a third of the people that were supposed to use this service were late to our wedding or not able to get on the shuttle since the driver got lost on the 10-minute route. For the return service, the driver came into my reception venue, found me (easy to spot in the white dress) and asked me to ask some of our guests to leave on the early as he wanted to cut down on his trips. I was shocked as I wasn't going to ask guests to leave my wedding. My husband discussed the issue with him, and he ended up leaving with those guests that had decided on their own to leave a little early. We ended up asking my mother and my father-in-law to give some guests a ride back to the hotel in order to save the stress of having the driver come back for another trip. The amount of gratuity was also required by the contract that we signed, which was disappointing as I don't think this particular driver deserved the 20%. I believe this was the case of dealing with the wrong individual as everyone else that I dealt with at the company seemed to be helpful and professional. Unfortunately, my experience was disappointing.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Sandra · Married on 03/10/2010

1.2
      0.5

The owner of this company is probably the most arrogant person you will ever meet. The limo we used for our wedding was dirty inside and out and the owner's response to me was that it rained the day before and they didn't have time to clean it before picking us up. On top of that he charged us more than what was quoted and when we questioned the additional charges his response was, "Hey you really don't have a choice, you still have to get married". This company needs a reality check.

Sent on 03/17/2011
  • Michelle628 is now a Mrs!

Michelle · Married on 07/31/2010

1.0

We used First Class for our wedding day transportation and transportation to and fromthe airport for our honeymoon. We loved the driver who picked us up from the airport and brought us back home. He met us at baggage claim and carried our bags for us, was extremely friendly. When we got to our house he took our bags out of the car and brought them up to our door. We would definately request him again. The day of the wedding and the drive to the airport are a different story. The day of the wedding our limo shows up and the driver tells me that the air conditioning is not working. I asked if another limo is coming and he said no. I told him that he better get the air fixed quick or get another limo. After 15 minutes he got the air working but wasn't sure how to get to my ceremony site without going on the Parkway which was all backed up. I had to call my husband to give the driver directions. We were supposed to have the limo from 2 to 6 and if we went over we would have to pay overtime. Well at 5:30 we were still taking pictures at a park 15 minutes from our ceremony site and the driver came up to me and said that he hopes we aren't going to take much longer and that we don't hit traffic because he is done at 6. I said well if we go past 6 we just pay overtime, and he said no, he is done at 6. What was he going to do, leave us on the side of the road at 6pm....but that is what he implied because he kept saying he was done at 6pm, which he should have given us an extra 15 minutes since he sat in front of my house for 15 minutes trying to figure out how to work the air conditioning in the limo. If we weren't pleased then, the driver taking us to the airport really didn't help matters. He showed up at our house to drive us and he didn't even get out of the car and come up to the door. We happened to look outside and saw the car there. We brought the bags to the door thinking he would come and help us but he still stayed in the car. So my husband brought the bags outside and to the trunk and the driver just popped the trunk and still didn't get out of the car. So my husband had to load the bags in the car then my husband opened the door for me and we got in the car. We could not believe it. Then we got to the airport and the driver stopped and we got out of the car and he popped the trunk. We had to get our own bags out of the trunk while he sat in the car. We just looked at each other because we couldn't believe it was happening. Based on the experience the day of the wedding and the drive to the airport I would not recommend these drivers. I would definately recommend the driver that drove us home from the airport....he was a true professional!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

0.4
      0.5

They are unprofessional & focus on money not customer service. Their actions resulted in everyone upset/mad, groom angry & bride in tears. MOB broke her arms before the wedding & we told them. There was no step stool to help MOB safely get on the bus, my parents provided 1. We gave a typed itinerary but 1 car left right after the ceremony so we couldn’t take pictures with family. Pete, 1 of the drivers, on his own told the bride’s parents they wouldn’t get off at the park to take pictures. During the champagne toast, Pete hit me with the cork, got champagne on me & my dress & gave a half-hearted sorry as he laughed. Then said “It is a pleasure to give the 1st toast to 2 people whose love sparked.” He didn’t know us, offended many as this wasn’t our 1st toast & made many feel uncomfortable as it was awkward. Before we left the church, Pete said that we were close on time but wouldn’t charge us for 10-15 mins. When we arrived he assertively demanded money for the overage not less than 4 times in a 10 min period despite being told 2 times we would pay. I got upset & began to cry. My family spoke to Pete asked that he apologize. He said he was sorry that I’d become upset, admitted no fault & there was no charge. We found out the FOB/MOB paid $72 & asked he not say anything to me. The limo that needed to leave, as per Pete, stayed addtl 15 mins onsite so the distress caused was unnecessary. Pete belittled our photographer/videographer in front of everyone. Everyone in the limos agreed it seemed Pete wanted to be the center of attention that day. When we booked & reviewed the bill, we realized there was an error-not charging us for 1 limo. We had a binding contract but wanted to do the right thing. We went back in, were told thank you & quickly asked for the remaining deposit. This could’ve been a golden customer service opportunity. After such subpar service while we want to do the right thing, we are hard pressed to be happy about paying more money. DO NOT USE THEM!

Sent on 08/17/2018

First Class Limousine's reply:

Kristen, this is the first we are hearing of any issue with our service. We are very sorry for any distress this caused on the day of your wedding. We surely would have tried to do something to make this up to you if given the opportunity.

Colleen · Married on 07/17/2009

0.4
      0.0

When planning transportation for our wedding day, we booked a white Limo Bus with First Class because of their so-called committment to providing clients with "brand new limo buses" "state of the art modern interiors" etc. As our wedding day arrived, a gray limo bus, which was far less then new to say the least, showed up at our location. On the side of the limo bus was a different company's name and logo. First Class NEVER EVEN GAVE US THE COURTESY OF A PHONE CALL to tell us a different bus would be at our wedding. The driver was less than accomodating and gave the bride and bride's parents a poor attitude when questioned about why a different, much older and dirtier bus showed up. He barely helped the bride walk under an umbrella, get up the stairs, etc. We would have NEVER paid money for this bus and service. The driver lied and said his company was the same as First Class. We found out later in the day that First Class contracted our wedding out to another company that did not meet the standards that we were hoping for that day. Furthermore, our so-called "red carpet champagne toast" consisted of the driver pulling out 2 PLASTIC wine glasses with champagne and handing them to us. There was no popping of the cork, red carpet, or even a stand for the champagne. Our vision of that moment was ruined. On the bus we signed up for there were to be 3 large coolers and this had one. To top things off at the end of the drive, the driver demanded cash for overtime even though in our contract it said overtime could be charged to a credit card. On our wedding day we had to remove ourselves from our special day to call First Class to question why we needed cash when our contract stated it could be charged. We were extremely UNHAPPY with our service and it put a huge damper on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/18/2009

First Class Limousine's reply:

This wedding was an unfortunate situation where we had a bus down and had to use another company to cover the job. Although they have 2 new buses, they sent their old bus. They really made us look bad. Since that day we would never call upon Platinum Coach for anything after what they did. This review does not apply to our vehicles or staff. We made the mistake of trusting our customer to someone else. NEVER AGAIN!
  • O

Alexis · Married on 08/30/2008

0.2
      0.0

If you want horrible service, nasty drivers, and to be screwed in overtime, these are the guys for you. Another word of advice, don't book the shuttle bus unless you're expecting 1, 10 mile round trip in 3 hours. My day started out great but when our Infiniti SUV got a little warm on the ride over the driver told us the air was broke. After our wedding, the driver starting freaking out because we had 15 people in the car (we were told it could hold 20). Following pictures, we were told no customer had ever used as much overtime services as us and we were overcharged for 1.5 hours of overtime! The shuttle service was a disaster from the start. The company called us the day before our wedding to tell us they had double booked the shuttle and we could only have it until 1am (we requested it until 2). To make matters worse, the shuttle driver had no idea where he was going, did not stop for directions, and left many of our guests waiting for 2 hours for a trip that should have taken 15 minutes max. Bottom line: Don't use First Class...it's more like third world limo.

Sent on 11/20/2008

First Class Limousine's reply:

I am not quote sure how to respond to such a review. I would really like an opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. I would very much appreciate if your would call our office so that we can find our more information to see where things went so very wrong. We provide service for over 800 weddings per year, and we know we can not make every one HAPPY, but I am horrified to know that we made you so UNHAPPY! We hope you will allow us the opportunity to make this up to you some how!

Alexis · Married on 06/22/2008

0.0

Booked our wedding event with First Class because they had a beautiful restored exotic car for two which was the wedding day "dream". What they don't tell you is that if it rains, they have no intention of sending out the car. The drivers appear at your front door, take the balance of the cash (which they refuse to hand back to you minutes later) and then tell you your car is not coming and you have a replacement. The owners who promised they were a professional 24 x 7 business would not take their own office's calls because he was "on a vacation day" and though the sun was then shining for the balance of the day, the office manager has no authority to let the car come and fulfill the company's committment. Owner refused to speak to us and our entire day and dream were compromised.

Sent on 06/24/2008