Firefly Photography Reviews

14 | Childersburg, AL

14 Reviews for Firefly Photography

Leborah · Married on 05/05/2018

Their pictures are simply breathtaking! Yet, somehow amazingly, that does not even scratch the surface as to why they were such an amazing hire. They are personable, timely, have an incredible attention to detail, organized, and just all-around wonderful. There are no words for just how amazing Joy and Jared are!! I made the decision to not have a wedding planner because I thought I could do it all myself which looking back was not the best decision ever. However, Joy and Jared played that role along with the most friendly humans ever. I had created a timeline, and Joy actually put it in a calendar on her Apple Watch while Jared screenshot it as his background for his phone. When it took longer than anticipated for some girls to get ready, Joy did not hesitate to work with me to rearrange the day. Also, I did not meet them until the day of the wedding, and since they were so easy to get along with, it felt like we had been friends for years. My husband and I also have a relative height gap (4'9 and 6'4) who have not taking many professional photos together, and they also helped with direction of how to take pose to get the best picture. They were amazing listeners and helped me throughout my day tremendously! I owe them all the gratitude in the world for not just amazing, flawless photos, but for also meeting every request or need I had, for being such kind people, and helping to make my wedding day perfect.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Jareen · Married on 12/18/2017

My husband and I cannot begin to express how talented Joy and Jared are. We had the pleasure of meeting them a few times before our wedding reception in Huntsville, Alabama, and were left speechless after the work was completed. The amount of dedication, time, and passion were seen in each of the photos. Both Joy and Jared’s experience in the line of photography is incredible; however, their creativity and boldness is absolutely impeccable. Words cannot explain how beautiful each and every single picture are, each one is like an artwork. We will forever cherish these beautiful moments that they have captured for us. Joy and Jared worked with our family so patiently to make sure that everyone was happy. It was wonderful to work with such talented individuals that are so kind and warmhearted. My husband and I are not the most comfortable around cameras, but they never allowed us to feel that way. It was the best experience of our lives. Thank you so much for everything you two have done for us! We can’t wait to share more memories with you in the near future!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Barbara · Married on 08/26/2017

I highly recommend Joy and Jared of Firefly Photography. I hired them for my daughter's wedding in August, 2017 and they were fabulous! The photos are gorgeous as you can see from their website but they were also such a pleasure to work with. Before the wedding we met with Joy several times and she was always knowledgeable, professional and sweet. She was with the bride the whole day of the wedding so her wonderful disposition really added to the whole experience. I also appreciated that they were both so discrete during both the ceremony and the reception. With 2 photographers as well as 2 videographers, I worried that it would feel like a film studio but not at all. They somehow managed to stay out of the way while also capturing everything. And then to top it all off, we got sneak peaks of our photos in just 2 days after the wedding and got the entire set early (they were promised in 6 weeks and we got them in 3 weeks!) Awesome, awesome, awesome. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They are the rare vendor who promises a lot and delivers even MORE!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Firefly Photography to capture our engagement and wedding photos was the best decision we made during the whole wedding planning process! Not only did our photos turn out AMAZING, but working with Joy and Jared is an absolute dream. They are quick to respond to emails, give suggestions for photo locations and poses, and make you feel absolutely valued & beautiful. Joy and Jared are absolutely sweet to watch photograph together and their love for each other shows when they capture your own personal love story. When searching for a photographer my number 1 criteria was their ability to photograph indoors in low lighting and at night. They definently delivered on all of that and took gorgeous photos outside that were bold, crisp and not washed out at all from the hot Alabama sun! 100% would recommend to my family, friends, and you!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Stephen · Married on 08/29/2015

I highly recommend Firefly photography to anyone. Jared and Joy are absolutely AMAZING! They are extremely helpful, friendly, professional, and efficient. They photographed our engagement photos as well as our wedding and each and every picture was perfect. We were extremely pleased with their work! They know exactly how to guide you through poses which is very helpful (especially for us who had no idea what to do).

Sent on 09/01/2015

Proposal Made Special!!
    Firefly Photography recently captured my proposal to my, now, fiancé and I couldn't have had a better experience. I wanted the the moment to intimate, yet captured for our friends and family to see afterward and my expectations were exceeded. Posing for pictures isn't my favorite thing to do, but I actually loved the experience. Our pictures couldn't have come out any better! Jared and Joy made the experience personal and fun. I couldn't recommend any enough!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Allycia · Married on 10/17/2014

The wedding process is stressful enough and choosing the right photographer is extremely important. That being said, we chose the right photographers! Jared and Joy were easy to work with, caring, detail oriented, and (most importantly) took great pictures. They made us feel very comfortable throughout the day and were able to meet all of our requests/ expectations. They captured our big day perfectly and we're so glad we chose them.

Sent on 12/31/2014

SO HAPPY!!
    We were so happy to have Firefly Photography be a part of our day! Seriously, they were amazing! We talked with some photographers prior to them that were stuffy and we were so incredibly happy to have found Firefly! They're very affordable considering how amazing their work is too! We didn't just hire a photographer, we made a few friends who kept us laughing and worry free all day! We couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Loved them!
    Fantastic! I can't even begin to find the words to describe Jared and Joy! A newly married couple that are completely in touch with what it is that a bride and groom are looking for on their big day! They helped make the day as smooth and seamless as possible. Their creativity, passion, and willingness to accommodate our every request made them so pleasant to work with!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Where do I begin! On our wedding day they were on time, professional, friendly, assertive, creative, fun and my bridal party loved them as well. They kept us on track with timing for pictures and had great ideas for backdrops and fun poses as well as traditional ones. They captured GREAT moments throughout our day that while reviewing the photos, actually brought tears to my eyes. I highly recommend her services for your wedding or any other special event!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Debra · Married on 12/11/2013

Firefly Photography: A Perfect Choice
    Our choice to hire Firefly Photography to photograph our son's wedding was without a doubt a perfect decision! Not only is their quality excellent and artistic, but they are wonderful to work with and immediately set us at ease. The stress that a mother can feel in helping organize a wedding can be overwhelming, but I had absolutley no worries over their ability to capture and document the best moments of this very special day. And we were more than thrilled with all their work!
    If you look through their portfolio, you'll see excellence and creativity in every photograph. But when you meet together with them, you'll experience their warmth and friendliness, and how delightful they are to work with. As a mother who wishes I had great wedding photos to pass down, I'm so glad to know that my kids will! I highly recommend Firefly Photography! Anyone who uses their services will agree that they could not have made a better choice!
    Debra (mother of the groom)

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Mandolyn

Mandolyn · Married on 10/14/2011

Firefly Photography is seriously a five star team. The very first detail I knew I needed to take care of after my engagement was booking them for my wedding. I knew without a doubt that my photos would be unique, classy, top of the line quality--and they truly captured the memories of my wedding. It was such a relief on the day of my wedding to experience such special moments while knowing that all the little details would be documented. Don't waste any time worrying or stressing over your wedding photographer--sit down with Joy and Jared. I have no doubt they'll become some of your new favorite people, and your wedding will be preserved and cherished the way you've always dreamed it would be.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/08/2011

Firefly Photography will always be near and dear to my heart because of the excellent service they provided for my wife and I.
    They were very professional, friendly, and they put everyone at ease. Photography is such a huge part of the wedding day so it can be stressful and confusing when you try to pick the right one. When I looked at the past Firefly work and I met with the team, I knew that they were the right choice for me. On the Wedding day everything can feel like a whirlwind, and it helps to have a photographer who has the experience and confidence to be a calm center to that storm. Because we had shot bridal portraits and an engagement shoot together, there was wonderful established communication for the wedding day. Everything went very smoothly, we received the edited photos much more quickly than many of our other married friends, and we were more than happy with the quality of work.
    I would easily recommend Firefly photography to any of my friends!
    (Also I am a professional working photographer and filmmaker, so I might even be harder to please than most people!).
    - Jordan & Debbie

Sent on 09/30/2014

Firefly Photography did the photography for our wedding and a few years later, our baby's pictures! We were thrilled with the way Firefly captured the events. Firefly is not only a JOY to be with but also such a dynamically creative team. The passion they have for what they do truly reflects in the work. The photography is a work of art!

Sent on 10/12/2014