91 Reviews for Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering

China (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)

I can’t put into words how wonderful the Crystal Tea Room was from the day we toured the venue through the day of our wedding! Absolutely amazing! Emily was the BEST to work with while planning and Miguel could not have been more amazing the week of/day of. Our guests could not say enough positive things about the service, food and the overall look/feel of the venue. I would chose the Crystal Tea Room 100x out of 100!

Profile Picture Stacy, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Linens, Indoor

Everything was simply amazing. They gave us a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Samantha, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The best caterer in Philadelphia!!!!! Every single person with Finley catering was an absolute pleasure to work with from day one to the day after the wedding. We chose the crystal tea room for our wedding (which was amazingly perfect for us and our style). Finley has many other locations all of which are breathtakingly beautiful. The staff of Finley Catering and the Finleys themselves are amazing people to work with-- they made our wedding reception perfect in every way!!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am still beaming two weeks later after Finley Catering completely blew us away at our wedding! Michelle, Miguel & Finley catering made my fairy tale wedding come true!! So professional and absolutely amazing to work with! The ballroom took my breath away. Michelle created a dream come true and was so attentive with quick responses that my husband and I were at ease knowing it was in her hands. Hands down the BEST venue and catering choice for a top notch wedding! All the guests agreed too!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michelle Finley and her team are simply the best! We were truly speechless by the beautiful ballroom, amazing cocktail hour, delicious food, and attentive services throughout the entire night. We couldn't have pictured a more perfect day, and the Finley team brought our day to life for us. They were pleasure to work with from beginning to end, and we couldn't have been happier! From our first meeting, we knew we were in great hands!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We allocated 2 days for venue shopping in April 2016 and visited over 10 center city spots. We did not anticipate CTR as a choice and in fact my husband and I did not initially accompany our daughter and her fiance to their appointment, choosing instead to stay with the car. Soon we received a call to join them. They liked the size yet warmth of the room and the elegance was what they were looking for, but the menu sold them as did the connection they immediately felt with Michelle.
We were not disappointed! The food not only plentiful but excellently prepared. At the cocktail hour guests were raving. I am still thinking about how delicious the lobster tails and the butler-ed ahi tuna was! The brisket at the carving station and the dinner filet were cooked perfectly and the service equaled any fine restaurant where we have dined. My napkin was folded every time I left the table. We were served drinks and well attended to. The maitre d" Miguel was absolutely fantastic. He even supplyed me with flip flops when I facetiously said that was what I needed! He arranged for someone from his staff to take most of the things we had there (mirrors, baskets, photos) to our hotel at the end of the night (4 blocks away). The large dance floor at the CTR made for very comfortable dancing. The after party on premises was another benefit. All in all a wonderful evening that went by too soon. Only recommendation for improvement is some additional lighting in the dessert room. Thank you to all the Finley staff for an evening to remember!

Profile Picture Betsy, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter was married 7/15/17 and the reception was held in the Crystal Tea Room. We allocated 2 days for venue shopping in April 2016 and visited over 10 center city spots. We did not anticipate CTR as a choice and in fact my husband and I did not initially accompany our daughter and her fiance, choosing instead to stay with the car. Soon we received a call to join them. They liked the size yet warmth of the room and the elegance was exactly what they were looking for, but the menu sold them as did the connection they immediately felt with Michelle. I had my doubts about food quality given the abundance and thought the later food tasting was okay. However, I had no reason for concern.
When the day came the cocktail hour was absolutely exceptional. The food not only plentiful but excellently prepared. Guests were raving and I only wished I had more of an appetite and opportunity to eat given the responsibilities of mother of the bride. I am still thinking about how delicious the lobster tails and the butler-ed ahi tuna was! The dinner filet was cooked perfectly and the service equaled any fine restaurant where we have dined. My napkin was folded every time I left the table. We were served drinks and well attended to. The maitre d" Miguel was absolutely fantastic. He even supplyed me with flip flops when I facetiously said that was what I needed! He arranged for someone from his staff to take most of the things we had there (mirrors, baskets, photos) to our hotel at the end of the night (4 blocks away). Our children selected a marvelous band and the large dance floor at the CTR made for very comfortable dancing. The after party on premises was another benefit. All in all a wonderful evening that went by too soon. Only recommendation for improvement is some additional lighting in the dessert room. Thank you to all the Finley staff for making an evening that we will all long remember as perfect!

Profile Picture Betsy, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Linens

The Crystal Tea Room is the quintessential classic Philadelphia wedding, and Finley Catering exceeds expectations in every way possible. After looking at all the downtown Philly venues, I know nothing compared to CTR and Finley. I had been to weddings there before and had so much peace of mind and confidence that my own reception would be perfect. Guests raved about the food as the best they have ever had at a wedding. The ambiance is incredible and all of our vendors were pleasantly surprised to hear we were having a CTR wedding because they love working with Finley. Michelle made the entire planning process a breeze and her and Miguel were awesome the night of the reception -- thank you Finley for making it the best evening of our life!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Cake, Lighting/Sound, Indoor

What a venue!!! Simply amazing!!! We got married on 4-29-17 at the Crystal Team Room and words can not even explain our satisfaction with not only the venue, but all of the staff who works there as well.
We worked with Michele from day one and she made wedding planning a breeze. When we first met for our initial consult, we were nervous and wasn't sure even what to look for, ask about, etc. Meeting Michele was the best decision of our lives that day! She put our minds at ease, broke down things in detail and listened to our vision and what we were looking to accomplish with our wedding theme! A baseball eloquent theme is not something to easily pull off and Michele was very helpful in helping us achieve that goal.
Miguel was a blessing in disguise and we couldn't be more thankful for him. He has such an infectious personality that it's not hard at all to feel like you have known him for over 20 years! He is superb at what he does and keeps your whole night organized and running smoothly. I did not have anything to worry about the entire night of my wedding! My husband and I still talk about how much we didn't have to stress about things and how much we were able to just really enjoy the most important day of our lives.
The food was amazing and our guests still have been raving about all of it from cocktail hour to the after party. The drinks were excellent too! All of our guests were surprised by the large selection and the quality of the drinks!
All of the staff was very friendly and helpful to all of our family and friends. All of you were more than accommodating and we could never thank you for that!!!! We love all of you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!! We hope many more people have wedding dreams like ours come true at all of your Finley locations!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Lighting/Sound

If you want to have a 100% stress-free wedding, from the very beginning of planning until you crash at your hotel room the night of the wedding, then go with Finley Catering. My wedding was at the Crystal Tea Room in April and people will not shut up about it! I worked with Michelle throughout the planning process and she made EVERY SINGLE THING so easy. Miguel was our Maitre D and he truly is a professional. All night all I heard from him was "no problem" and he would get whatever you needed DONE. Marco was our head waiter and he was so incredibly attentive. My in-laws were in love with the special treatment they were getting being the parents of the groom that night!

I won't go on and on, although I could. All I will say is that the Finley group knows what they are doing. It is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Finley Catering is the best of the best. Michelle and her team take good care of you the moment you go on your first venue tour and throughout the entire planning process. My wedding was absolutely perfect because of the great staff they have here and the attention to detail that they put into every wedding (food, decor, service= all perfect). Michelle was my main point of contact, and I had Miguel and Carlos as my day of coordinators to help the day run smoothly.

When I arrived at the venue, the party was going and the guests were amazed with the cocktail hour and all of the delicious food. Miguel was right there to make sure we were staying on track with time and knew when it was time to get me to the bridal suite to eat and get my bustle up before the reception started. Michelle jumped right in and took care of my bustle for me- seriously AMAZING!!! You cannot get better people than that!

When I had a chance to step back and look at the venue with the tables set, the lighting dimmed, the chandelier lit nice and bright, the draping hung and the centerpieces set I was overwhelmed with how beautiful the venue was... it was everything I could have dreamt of and more. Finley catering does it right- you are in good hands with this family ran business.

Our guests are still raving about this wedding because it was one hell of a party! Every detail from the lighting and decor, to the cocktail hour, drinks, bar service, dinner, the desert room, dancing, and the after party ran so smoothly and was absolutely perfect. I am still amazed how you had 150 filets cooked perfectly!! I cannot thank Michelle and her team enough for making my wedding day better than I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Melissa, 1/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Indoor, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

Our experience with Finley and the CTR team was amazing. We worked closely with Michelle who made sure the day was perfect. She was flexible and fun during the planning process. On the night of, Miguel, Carlos and the waitstaff made sure my husband and I never had an empty drink and also took great care of our parents and bridal party. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food, service, drinks and venue. This venue knows how to throw a wedding! I wish I could redo the night!!!!! Thanks to Finley and CTR!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elegant, Beautiful, Delicious, Fancy, Perfect!

Best day of our lives! And that is mostly because of The Crystal Tea Room's beauty, their staff's accommodations/attention to detail, and Finley's FOOD of course!

We planned our wedding in 7 months. You have to do VERY little when you book with Finley. I realized that early on. The room itself is already gorgeous, they include a Termini Bros cake, any beers/drinks you want, and food that will have your guests talking forever about!!! We decided not to get married in a church and I was nervous about being able to match the beauty of a church for my ceremony; But the room makes for a gorgeous ceremony spot! The atrium, for cocktail hour gives you the outdoor feel with natural lighting from the glass ceiling and a fountain. We couldn't get over the bridal suite there...just absolutely beautiful and a great space to spend time with your bridal party before everything begins!

Michelle Finley is amazing and was easy to communicate with, helpful and just went above and beyond to accommodate us. Miguel is the bomb too! His attention to detail made the day run smooth as can be. I didn't have to worry about a thing that day because of Miguel! It's clear that both Michelle and Miguel have a ton of experience. The staff there understands elegance and value the details of your day. I don't think it's possible NOT to have the most beautiful wedding if you book the Crystal Tea Room!

Profile Picture Steph, 7/29/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Linens

We had our wedding reception at the Crystal Tea Room on July 15, 2016. To say that the venue and service was impeccable doesn’t even do it justice! We had the most magical night of our lives thanks to the team at the Crystal Tea Room, and are even RECEIVING many thank you cards from guests thanking us for inviting them! People are still raving about how gorgeous the venue was, and how much they enjoyed the delicious food.
Michelle Finley was on top of every single question and request we had throughout the entire planning process. For as much as she deals with on a daily basis, I always felt like I was top priority to her.
Miguel and his staff were hands down the warmest, most accommodating group I have ever experienced at a wedding! He was right there all night making sure my husband and I were comfortable and had everything we needed. I had a request at one point and I asked the nearest busser to help me out. He dropped what he was doing and literally ran to Miguel to let him know. I’ll never forget that! 
Great job to Crystal Tea room and its staff! We owe our magical night with great food, service, and ambiance to you!

Profile Picture Monique, 7/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolute best day of our lives! It is hard to know where to begin while writing this review because everything was beyond fantastic! The service, the attention to detail, the food, the beautiful venue, the coordination with my wedding planner and all the other vendors could not have been more perfect. We could not have been more pleased with The Crystal Tea Room and Finley Catering! I would like to especially thank Miguel, Nicole, and Carlos. Nicole made sure that everything was ready and running smoothly up to the day of. She was always available to answer questions that we had and responded very quickly. She also was so accommodating to all requests that we had. Miguel (maitre d) went above and beyond to make sure that myself and my husband as well as our bridal party and parents felt like we were royalty. Every request was handled so well. Carlos (captain for bride and groom) was so amazing and made sure that we ate and drank the entire evening. He was very attentive throughout the night and even went the extra mile to help us take things back to the hotel room at the end of the night! Our guests cannot stop gushing about our wedding. We have heard that it was the “best wedding ever” by so many people and I know that we could not have accomplished such a classy, elegant, and beautiful evening without Finley!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 2/20/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Lighting/Sound, Chairs

It is almost unfair that I can only rate up to a 5.0, In every one of the criteria listed, Finley Catering exceeded our expectations for our daughter's wedding. I cannot possibly more highly recommend Michelle Finley and her team. Every one of our 175 guests raved about the reception, venue, the food and the Finley staff. The only "hitch" was that of our daughter Emily marrying our new son in law Joe!

Profile Picture User6231515, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bridal Suite, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, House Liquor, Specialty Beer, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Chairs, Tables, Parking

Fantastic people to work with from start to finish!!! We celebrated every meeting with them and they made it totally stress-free. They are total professionals and had every detail covered for us. When they tell you to just enjoy yourself and leave everything to them they mean it. Our guests had a wonderful time and the service was great. Miguel ran the night for us and we now consider him like family. He is the absolute best!!! Under Trish's careful planning, she was able to transform the room into a magical world that we will never, ever forget. I still keep looking at the pictures from that night and feel myself pulled back to that moment and all the fun we had celebrating our wedding. The Finley staff definitely are at the top and we will go back for other events in our family.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently had our reception at the Crystal Tea Room in November… Trish was incredible to work with. Her expertise, guidance and communication during the entire process were amazing. Miguel and his team executed everything flawlessly on the day. My guests wanted for nothing!!! The food was incredible and the service was impeccable. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I come from a hospitality background so I always notice service standards and I could not have asked for more. I am still hearing rave reviews on everything and my guests had a blast ~ Finely Catering does it right!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Claire, 11/27/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Cake, Event Planning, Chairs

As soon as I seen The Crystal Tea Room I fell in love with the place. It was the perfect spot for my wedding. Trish was helpful with every step of the way. Miguel was right by my side the whole night making sure I had the perfect day. Also, I would recommend their after party package, its a great package to keep the wedding going. All my family and friends raved it was the best wedding they went to. Loved the staff, the place, and everything about The Crystal Tea Room.

Profile Picture Brooke, 11/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Chairs

We couldn't have asked for a better day!!! Everything was absolutely perfect!!!! People have not stopped raving about the food...everything was so delicious.The Crystal Tea room is just beautiful but the staff makes the entire evening magical. Planning the wedding with Trish was great...she was helpful, honest and fun to work with. She literally responds to your questions in minutes. Miguel is just the best ever!!! Everyone from Finley Catering exceeded our expectations and we cannot begin to thank them enough.

Profile Picture lauren, 11/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you for an amazing wedding on Sunday, September 6th! Thuy and I couldn't have asked for better. There were so many things that just went right for us that day, all thanks to Trish and her staff:

1. The food
Wow! That's all I have to say. It was probably the biggest concern for us because all of our families wanted to make sure that there was enough food and that it was good. They definitely had more than enough and my niece even told me there was too much food at my wedding. The fish was by far the rock star at the wedding. I think many people ended up switching their entrees to get the fish because it was so good! The steak was perfectly cooked and the chicken was not dry one bit. The cocktail hour and dessert spread was insane. The alcohol and drinks flowed all night, so much so that many of my guests had to take two days to fully recover. It still amazes me how consistent everything was for as many guests as there were at my wedding.

2. The staff
Your staff is top notch. Miguel and Efron (I'm sure I butchered the spelling of his name) performed way above our expectations! Miguel took care of so many last minute things for us, including last minute changes to the seating arrangements, setting everything up the way we wanted it, and dealing with last minute requests. He read my mind throughout the night and took care of things without hesitation. Efron was so attentive to us, always asking if he could get us something. I don't think I ever went without a drink in my hand. He even brought our things to the hotel on his own. The rest of the wait staff were extremely attentive to my guests, taking care of their requests and anticipating their needs with a smile. The bartenders were so great and just took care of all of us that night.

As you know, I've worked in many venues and dealt with countless weddings. I've seen the good and the bad and it takes a lot for me to be impressed nowadays. I can't say enough about our experience and we're so happy!

Profile Picture Binh, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Words cannot express how amazing our wedding was at the Crystal Tea Room. Our reception was a fairytale. Miguel and Chris made the reception go by smoothly and without any problems at all. The venue is breathtaking and the service was perfection. We have gotten endless compliments about how amazing the reception was! Trish helped us through all the booking/paperwork, which was very smooth. She got back quickly to all emails. Miguel makes you feel like you are part of his family. He eased any worries I had involving the day; he also was present during the whole reception making sure we had everything we needed. Chris was also amazing. He was always there making sure everything was taken care of. The entire staff was very professional; we got many compliments, especially about the bartenders. I cannot say enough about the entire Finley Catering team. From the minute my husband and I arrived to the minute we left we had smiles on our faces. It was truly the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture User3525078, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's reception was held at the Crystal Tea Room in July. We can't say enough about Michelle and the entire staff. Michelle was knowledgeable, flexible and easily accessible throughout our planning. Miguel was fun and available the entire night of the wedding so that we did not need to worry about anything! I highly recommend the Crystal Tea Room!!!

Profile Picture User5416032, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Finley Catering did everything to make our wedding at Crystal Tea Room absolutely amazing. Working with both Michelle and Miguel was so easy and they made everything go so well during the process and on our wedding day. They went above and beyond with everything and we could not have been happier with how our day turned out. The venue is stunning and we have received so many compliments from our family and friends about the venue itself as well as the food and staff. We would recommend this venue and working with Finley Catering to anyone. Thank you again to the whole Finley Catering team to making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/31/15, 1 Review