37 Reviews for A Final Take Music and Video

Consultation (2)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
Microphones (1)

Joel and Kate with A Final Take Music and Video- Let’s start with video- I have not seen my video yet but I am absolutely sure it will be amazing because Kate was awesome to work with, I had all day coverage so I am super excited to see the final product. Kate was so easy to work with, super nice. Videography is worth every penny, I wanted all the small details captured that as a bride I worked so hard and long to have in my wedding day. Joel was my DJ and let me just say total professional- he kept the night on track and flowing perfectly. Also my dance floor was packed until the very end. He did something really cool and unique to keep the children in attendance with their parents and not on the dance floor during all the spotlight dances. He also did the wedding ceremony music which I added on about a month before the wedding, everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted it.

Profile Picture shelby, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

Tina did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding. She knew that we needed someone to help with the program for the night and she was excellent at keeping everything on pace and making sure everyone had fun. She was very professional and easy to get along with. I would highly recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture User7480904, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones

Joel with A Final Take was just the right DJ for our wedding in July 2015. He read and understood our personalities and it translated to a great evening--matching our music tastes with just the right energy for our guests. The night flowed well and we heard so many of our favorites at just the right time. Joel was really friendly and flexible from the get go and gave us such great peace of mind that the music at our reception would be perfect. He was great at emceeing too.

Profile Picture Jacob, 7/10/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

We used A Final Take for our videography at our wedding. I really wasn't sure we needed a videographer since it's one more thing to pay for, but I am SO glad we did. Turns out it was completely worth it! My now-husband and I chose to do a slideshow with a same day edit of getting ready and the ceremony. (He refused to do the love-story interviews and Kate and Joel worked with us and adjusted our contract.) Kate was there already at 8am to film us getting ready and she captured our day beautifully. The video was ready to show at the reception and I've only heard wonderful things about our video. It is something we will treasure forever. Thank you Kate and A Final Take for giving us something to always remember our beautiful wedding day!

Profile Picture April, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I contacted the owner Joel, about providing a DJ for a fundraising event I was planning. He was enthusiastic and friendly. A few days before my event, I contacted Joel because I found out I would need an additional microphone for our podium speakers. He was completely accommodating, even on such short notice. The event itself was awesome, and his DJ, Joey, had a lot to do with that. Joey was engaging, but not overbearing. A trait sometimes difficult to find in his profession. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends, and will be contacting him again for our next event!

Profile Picture User4955133, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cannot express how satisfied we were!

Profile Picture Brad, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel was amazing to work with! He accommodated all of my requests without any pushback, helped me put together an original piece for the garter toss and is just a genuinely caring person. His laid back and easy going personality was a dream to work with. THANK YOU SO MUCH JOEL!!!

Profile Picture The, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Joel did an awesome job! We had very positive feedback from our guests as well. They really liked him as well.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 9/13/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I could not have been happier with my choice of A Final Take for my DJ & Videographer. Joel worked with me to make sure all the music at my wedding was stuff my husband and I wanted. He listened to my requests & played almost every single one the night of the wedding! Leading up to the wedding he was very responsive via email. His wife, our videographer, called me before the wedding and walked through every detail of the day with me so she wouldn't miss anything.
The day of the ceremony, A Final Take performed above and beyond my already high expectations. Joel got wine for my husband and I throughout the night. He also helped me get my food from the buffet and carried my plate so I wouldn't spill on my dress. Our introduction that night was amazing as the wedding party walked in. I can't say it enough, it was all amazing!
For a few songs we kept having sound trouble. Joel was extremely professional about it and got to the bottom on the problem right away. He knew how to make the night flow and got people back out onto the dance floor after the bouquet toss without a problem.
A Final Take is so friendly, easy to work with, & does great work. Every bride & groom should meet with them and discuss their wedding day. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Shelby, 8/10/13, 2 Reviews

We're Glad Kate Travels!

Going into our wedding planning we had decided to forego a videographer — until we attended another wedding last fall and saw their highlight reel. At that point we knew we didn’t want to miss out on capturing our day on video. As we started searching for someone in the Cedar Rapids area, we came across A Final Take’s website thinking they were in Iowa. Their portfolio included several very professional clips with a greater artistic look than many of the local companies who weren’t already booked, so we contacted Kate. She was great to work with on the details and only charged a small travel fee to come to Iowa for the day. We just received the full DVD a couple weeks ahead of the date it was promised to us. Kate really knows how to beautifully capture every essence of a wedding and edit it together into a fantastic highlight reel. With the full ceremony, cocktail reception vocal selections, typical reception events, plus a large chunk of just overall reception outtakes from our crazy friends and family, we have about three hours worth of memories. Thank you for all of your great work!

Profile Picture Gary, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

We were extremely pleased with A Final Take for both the video and DJ services. Kate shot the video and was with us the entire day. We used 2 cameras and felt that it really captured the day. The video was delivered within about a month after the wedding. It is outstanding and we will treasure it forever! Also Joey was the DJ for the evening and he kept everything moving along smoothly and the dance floor hopping all night long. I highly recommend A Final Take.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

We have never been happier with Joel and Kate's services. We used A Final Take for our videographer and DJ. They also put together our "Love Story" slideshow/video. Joel and Kate went above and beyond with everything- Our slide was beyond our expectations; absolutely amazing and showed our personalities perfectly.

I havent seen our video of the ceremony and reception, so I cant really comment much on it now, but Im sure its just as good :)

Joel was our DJ for the evening. He took control of the entire night, kept everything laid-back and was a lot of fun! He made sure things got done - he got drinks for us, he made great transitions from toasts, to cake, to dances, etc. and he really made the evening flow. We could not have asked for a better DJ - Joel and Kate really helped make our special day PERFECT!

Profile Picture Chrissy, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other), Videography

Joel was an absolute JOY to work with. Very personable and easy to talk to. He is very professional and works hard to make your day everything you want it to be. I was very pleased with the level of service and how Joel bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect. A Final Take is very affordable, and you get TOP OF THE LINE, personalized service. We have no compplaints what-so-ever. We would recommend to anyone! Thanks Joel, our day was perfect :)

Profile Picture User2853676, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Joel as our DJ and he did an amazing job. He was flexible for meetings and always responded to any questions we had.

Day of he helped set up our slide show and was very helpful during the reception. Great job with the scheduling of toasts, announcements, and great music. Never a dull moment.

Even came out to the dance floor to teach dance moves. Also, he even held my wife's plate as she served herself our dinner (so she wouldn't spill on her dress).

Bottom line, best DJ we have ever seen or that anyone in our group of friends and family have ever seen!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Awesome couple to work with!! Fabulous work and we received our video quickly!

Profile Picture Eric and Amanda, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Joel and Kate were great to work with! Not only did we love the slide show, the video and dj services; they also made the whole process fun and easy. We really appreciated how organized they were and that they truly cared about making our day special. The video is high quality and they got it back to us very quickly after the wedding. The short interviews they did of our family and wedding party were so fun to see! My husband was worried about the video camera because he thought it would make him nervous but we hardly noticed it was there and now he's so happy we have the video to relive the memories and to see the things we missed. Joel was a wonderful DJ. He was upbeat and played exactly the type of music we asked for, paid attention to the crowd and took requests. We couldn't have asked for better service and would highly recommend them!
Thanks!
Cari & Brandon

Profile Picture Cari, 9/8/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

We were very very happy with the services Joel provided for us both at our ceremony and dance. He was very open to adding additional things to our reception and dance throughout the night as well as making sure everything ran smoothly! If we ever needed a dj for an event, we would definately call him!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel and Kate were super easy to work with. The quality of the video was stellar. I loved how they put together a 3 minute highlight reel to our first dance - it made it very personal and special.

Profile Picture Shannon, 8/18/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

We were very pleased with both DJ and Videography services! Joel did a great job playing all the different kinds of music we wanted while ensuring everyone was having a great time and the dance floor was full. We had one camera at our ceremony and reception and Kate captured all of the moments we will look back on for years to come. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture kerry, 8/11/12, 1 Review
2.6

My husband and I were not looking for a crazy DJ for our wedding. We more or less wanted someone that would play music to keep people happy throughout the night, whether they were dancing or not. Our wedding guests were not a dancing crowd by any means so we weren't expecting anything crazy and our guests like a good variety of music like we do. We had to tell the DJ in the very beginning to tone down his energy level while he was talking and we had to ask on many occasions not to play so much of one type of music. Our guests had told us that a couple of songs were play multiple times. The biggest disappointment for us was at first, my walk down the isle was supposed to be to the same song as everyone else walked down to, but it wasn't, which really made me a little upset. We had also talked about a time to end the reception and it was about 45 minutes to an hour BEFORE the time we had discussed when I heard that it was last call for alcohol and the music stopped about a half hour before what we wanted. My husband and his family never said anything to lead to the ending of the reception early, nor did I or my family so we are very unsure of what happened there. My last comment would be about the lack of communication before the wedding. We booked fairly early and had not heard from him for a good couple of months. It was the week before our wedding that he finally called to schedule a time. I wasn't overly concerned with that at that point in time, but now looking back on it, I would have like more time to discuss things so maybe they would have been different. I have to take some of the blame for this though too because I could have reached out to him, but let's be real here, its not like its easy to focus on one task at a time when planning a wedding!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User2631288, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel was very reliable and organized when it came to planning the big day. We could count on him to do the service even before he showed up the day of. He has a great personality and had a great selection of songs throughout the night to keep the dance alive. Thanks for making a great event happen.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Provided an excellent video, even edited things out I was hoping were not included and captured all the special moments. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture jenna, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Kate and Joel traveled to our Kansas City wedding and were perfect. For the video, I didn't cry at the wedding but I cried watching the video because it was so beautiful! They do a great job of being invisible and I felt like I didn't even notice they were getting some of the shots they got! For the DJ, Joel was amazing at organizing the reception and getting people in the buffet line---something I didn't even think of! He also played great music and gave me the opportunity to make sure that them music that was played was the music we wanted! They are also VERY well priced and you get such amazing products. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Cailan, 3/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

Kate and staff were so professional, the guests did not even notice them at the wedding ceremony. They worked hard to get the footage we wanted while respecting the rules of the church. The video of both the wedding and reception are high quality, and captured all the important parts of the day. The highlight video they put together is wonderful. Great work!

Profile Picture Carol, 10/15/11, 1 Review
4.7

The best part of A Final Take videography is that I didn't even notice they were there! That is hard to do with a camera in hand. Cameras can make people nervous and they did a great job of staying "below the radar" while still capturing great moments!

Profile Picture liz , 8/12/11, 1 Review