FIG Catering, For Intimate Gatherings Reviews

19 | Chicago, IL

19 Reviews for FIG Catering, For Intimate Gatherings

19 FIG Catering, For Intimate Gatherings Reviews

Allison · Married on 09/08/2018

FIG was recommended to us by our venue (Greenhouse Loft) and we decided to book with them after they put together a proposal with a menu that was exactly what we were looking for. Over the year+ that we worked with the FIG team, they were incredibly accommodating and great with answering our questions and updating details.

We were lucky enough to work with Laura, who is incredibly warm and detail-oriented. She answered all of our questions, helped us layout our floor plan and finalize other various other details. Each time we chatted I felt like she was a close friend who was genuinely excited to help us execute the perfect wedding.

FIG offers a generous tasting prior to the wedding, and we had a great time enjoying all of the delicious food. They were more than happy to make accommodations (i.e. - we liked one sauce but wanted a little less spice to accommodate some of our guests) and included

We were married on 9/8/18, and everything was absolutely perfect. We received so many compliments on our family style dinner and the cupcakes that were served for dessert. The entire FIG team was so warm and genuinely focused on making sure it was a great event. The team brought champagne and apps to the bridal suite right after the ceremony for us to sit down and enjoy for a few minutes before going to the cocktail hour, and they made sure everything happened right on time. Everyone got plenty to eat, and the servers and bartenders were so nice and professional. At the end of the night they even boxed up all of the remaining cupcakes for us to take with!

We would absolutely recommend FIG for any event!

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

We contacted 5-7 caterers and FIG stood out immediately because they took the time to really get to know us - our likes and our dislikes - before sending over a proposal. We worked closely with Ivy, who is just a complete powerhouse and catering pro! We trusted her throughout the entire process and knew that she had our best interests at heart with every decision she made. We were able to make it to one of their cocktail tastings, which was a ton of fun, and we got to sample their appetizers and specialty cocktails, wine and beer. Originally, we did not plan on having specialty cocktails but after trying them and liking them so much, Ivy made sure we were able to fit a couple into our budget. The food was absolutely amazing! All our guests raved about the appetizers, the dinner and the cupcakes! They were super helpful with how the dinner was executed given the unique layout of our venue. They were also very accommodative of certain dietary restrictions. We loved how conscientious they were on the sustainability of their food and thought it was so cool that we were able to have a number of Chicago-based beers that we love! Thank you for everything, Ivy and all the FIG staff!

Micah · Married on 07/01/2017

Where do I even begin with this review?! Peter and I looked into a number of caterers for our wedding but knew shortly after filling out the FIG survey that they were unique and, more importantly, that we wanted to work with them for our big day. They went the extra mile to really get to know us as a couple and understand not only the food we wanted to serve, but the aesthetic we were trying to achieve for the meal. Upon request, they even re-created our favorite salad for the wedding, replicating everything down to the corn-bread croutons. The night of the wedding (and days after!) we received continuous compliments on the food -- the freshness of the vegetables, the perfectly cooked meats. My mom always says the most important part of the wedding is the food and FIG NAILED IT.

And now, Stephanie… Stephanie is truly one of the kindest people i’ve ever met. Throughout the entire planning process, Stephanie acted as an incredible sounding board - hearing my (sometimes not so smart) ideas, providing honest, candid recommendations and constantly checking in to make sure I felt comfortable with things. Day of, she ROCKED IT. The food was perfectly coursed and delicious and she found time to check in with us and make sure we were enjoying ourselves. She is a total rockstar and i’m going to miss working with her!

Thank you again to Stephanie and the entire FIG catering team!

Dana · Married on 05/06/2017

Catering was the one thing I knew I'd spend serious money on at my wedding, and every penny was worth it--there would be NO rubbery chicken breast and mealy potatoes on my watch.

FIG put together the perfect reception at the Library at 190 S. LaSalle. Considering it's a library and doesn't allow open flame, this was a challenge, and they rose to it. Stephanie worked with me 100% on budget and personal tastes to come up with a crowd-pleasing buffet of whole roasted chicken, veggie tarts, risotto, salad, and grilled asparagus. My wife and I nixed the traditional tiered cake and had FIG bake us pies instead. It was a great and tasty choice.

Guests were floored by the quality of the food and cocktails. The servers were professional, quick, and unobtrusive, and delivered on every single little request I made during the planning stages.

A flawless night. Thanks FIG Crew!

Christine · Married on 09/18/2016

If I could give Molly and Fig 100 stars I honestly would. The food is outstanding, they were incredibly helpful planning our brunch wedding menu and alcohol selection. In addition to some of the best food I've ever had anywhere Molly and her whole team are the nicest people to work with and honestly just hang out with. They were incredibly helpful with all the pre-wedding decisions and made everything run perfectly the day of. To top it all off they even sent me a thank you card afterward. We can not thank them enough for making our day fantastic and I would highly recommend them for any and all catering needs you have.

Alyssa · Married on 03/05/2016

FIG catered my small wedding reception of 40 people, from drinks to dinner to desserts, and did a fantastic job of it! The tasting was lovely and Justin made sure to tell us the food could all be customized to our tastes. His recipes were so good we didn't even think to tweak them! Kati worked with us to arrange a delicious family style vegetarian-friendly dinner so that no one needed to order special meals. The cake all disappeared because everyone wanted to taste each of the three flavors!

Molly coordinated our wedding on 12.13.14 and was absolutely amazing. She was incredibly responsive and catered to our every need. We are huge foodies and very into craft beer and Molly made sure that the menu and beverage selection reflected that.

From the linens to special glassware, Molly and her team focused on every detail of the wedding. Her team made sure that we got to try some of the hors d'oeuvres with a special plate waiting for us. They also made sure that we got our food first so that we could mingle with all of our guests.

Last minute we had a change to our vegetarian menu and Molly's husband Justin (the chef) created a unique vegetarian menu that was absolutely delicious.

Everything was just perfect. I would recommend FIG without any reservation!

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2014

Molly and Justin (husband and wife team) own FIG. Molly was our event manager and it was great to work with her on everything. My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about FIG. The food and drinks were spectacular, but that's not the only reason you should work with them. They are wonderful people and their team is top notch. Our wedding was 10/17/14 and we had grand plans for our food. One thing we wanted more than anything was amazing food with a great selection of options. We did not want your typical sit down dinner service, so we went with four stations of small plate food options, each with a theme. Our wedding was themed on our love of the outdoors and camping, so one of our stations was called 'Campground.' You can take a look at our menu here: amanda-daniel.com/wordpr… Molly and Justin worked with us to create a menu that speaks to our tastes (we love spice and are vegetarians) but that also would make our guests happy (we have meat eating friends and quite a few friends who are gluten free.) We also decided not to get a cake, but rather to allow our guests to enjoy amazing sweet treats. Molly and Justin delivered amazing food. The main sweets focus was our s'mores bar in keeping with the camping theme. One of my friends is a professional baker and she emailed me after the wedding to tell me that the s'mores were the best thing she has ever had! She is now inspired to come up with her own recipe for homemade graham crackers and marshmallows. We actually did not use Molly and Justin for all our drinks, but they created two specialty cocktails for us (one themed for me, and one themed for my husband) that were amazing. People really loved the cocktails. They also supplied our white wine and our Cava (Spanish sparkling wine). It was great for them to be so flexible about the drinks. Some caterers would say that you get all the drinks from them or none of the drinks from them. Molly and Justin are not like that. We were also able to consult Molly a

Mark · Married on 08/01/2014

FIG catered our August 1, 2014 wedding. Molly and her team was awesome. From the multiple menu rounds, tastings and conversations, FIG Catering was awesome and down-to-earth all along the way. Even in the final tasting, we wanted a few minor changes and they came through perfectly on our wedding day. They worked with us to create a "dinner party with friends" kind of feel with furniture and menu and we ended up getting requests for the recipe for some of the appetizers and dishes! Interestingly, we went to a high end restaurant in Downtown Chicago the night before for our "rehearsal dinner" and they could have taken some tips from FIG catering on how to serve wonderful food at one time to a large group. I would recommend you check them out.

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2014

FIG catered our wedding this past weekend, and their service was incredible. Too often, we've attended weddings with the "rubber chicken," where the food is clearly an afterthought. Delicious, interesting, seasonal food was important to us as we hosted our friends, and FIG totally delivered. On top of providing amazing food (chicken en mole, amazing vegetarian tamales), FIG really delivered incredible service. Their staff consistently responded to my (many) emails kindly and in a timely manner, and they seamlessly coordinated with our other vendors (band, venue, florist) to create a stress-free and beautiful day. We loved, loved working with FIG, and would recommend the to anyone. Thank you, Molly and team!
    PS One great perk-- we were allowed to bring in our own alcoholic beverages, which the FIG bartenders served. A very great way to save money, and Molly and her team made it work perfectly for us!

Courtney · Married on 11/23/2013

We partnered with Fig Catering for our Nov 2013 wedding in the west loop of Chicago. We are big foodies and were certain we wanted the food served to be something special rather than standard salmon-and-rice-pilaf catered dinner. Coordinating an event of this magnitude from out of state- knowing that we likely would not be able to make a visit in person before the big day- was a gamble but Fig made all the difference! From the very beginning, Elyse was incredibly helpful and attentive, answering my many emails promptly, addressing each meandering concern a bride could come up with! We had several major dietary restrictions that they handled easily. In fact, my 9 year old niece who is gluten free and vegetarian made a special request the night of the event and they took it in stride, whipping her up a plate to satisfy even the most selective eater. The food itself was outstanding, prompting several of our guests to comment "it's like non- wedding, wedding food!". We even had Fig create our wedding cake- or rather "cakes"! They created four, 9in round cakes with two favor combinations chosen by our children and the other two identical- except one was gluten free to accommodate my allergy! (I got to have wedding cake on my wedding day and it was awesome!) Staff the night of our event were professional, attentive and anticipated our needs making for an incredibly smooth night. We simply can not say enough about Fig's delicious food (and cake!!) or their wonderful staff. We would highly, highly recommend them!

Katy · Married on 09/01/2013

FIG did an amazing job at our wedding! It was important to me to have local and seasonal ingredients and I was happy to hear they proudly source as much local/seasonal stuff as possible. Plus, they really know how to roll with the punches. Elyse was always so on the ball responding to emails with changes in meal numbers and being flexible with us on the rentals. A few months out, I decided I wanted vintage place settings for the meal and Elyse worked with the vintage rental company seamlessly. What a team player! Then, due to chance of rain on the day of, we had to make the last minute decision to bring our outdoor reception into the coach house, which is where FIG was planning to prep for the meal. We basically cut their space in half, but they didn't even flinch. The staff was so friendly and professional. And then of course the food was delicious. Better than I remembered from the tasting. I wish I could have had leftovers the next day. Thank you so much!

Caroline · Married on 07/06/2013

FiG was one of the best vendors we had for our wedding this past July. We did small bites at stations that incorporated local, fresh, seasonal ingredients and people were able to try new things all night long. We got so many compliments on the food- I keep hearing about it. I just wish I hadn't been so busy and could have stopped to enjoy more of the food.

Thanks to Molly and the team at FIG for making our wedding so tasty- it was perfect for us and our foodie friends!

Fig did a fabulous job with our wedding! They provided wonderful food and created an amazing and celebratory atmosphere. They were also extremely helpful with logistics and planning (they ended up serving as our de facto wedding planners) and quickly flipped the room from ceremony to reception while providing a lounge area cocktail hour (while working around us taking family photos). Extremely professional, amazing food, and wonderfully helpful through the whole process.

Theresa · Married on 10/28/2012

Fig catered our wedding at Creativo Loft in October, and the food was wonderful from the buffet hors d'oeuvres to the coffee, but the service was even better. It all started when I contacted Molly about the event. She didn't make fun of me when I proposed a ridiculously low budget. She responded to me right away and worked with me on the numbers. When we couldn't reach an agreement, I thanked her for her time and went elsewhere. Then I went back. Molly's attention to what I really wanted and her efforts to meet me halfway spoke volumes and set Fig apart from the other catering companies I contacted. Fig is definitely not the cheapest option, but it is well worth the little extra. When Molly and I met for the walk through, every detail was worked out on paper. I was given ample opportunity to provide input and to ask questions. The night of the reception, Elise was in command. She and her staff displayed that perfect balance of attentiveness and unobtrusiveness. They looked great, they smiled, they were always busy and they timed everything perfectly. My new husband and I have spent many years in the service industry. We can be terribly tough critics of food and servers; we were both duly impressed.

• Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/06/2012

I love everything there is to love about this company. From the moment we began emailing each other I knew that FIG was going to be our caterer. Molly and Justin are great. We arrived at our tasting and everything was wonderful. By the time our wedding came, my husband and I were so excited to have the food again!

Since FIG does mostly smaller events they were perfect for our wedding. We are also excited that we will be able to use them for parties in the future.

The staff at FIG is extremely professional, friendly, and they are just great overall people.

Use FIG if you want great, creative food and an environmentally friendly company.

AshaJoe · Married on 07/24/2011

WE LOVE FIG! This company catered my wedding three weeks ago and I am 110% pleased. Our guests loved the food and service, as did my new husband and I. They were very responsive to work with throughout the whole planning process, and we really liked their hip and independent style. Honest. Creative. Conscientious. Fun. Competitively priced. PERFECT. We met with about 4 other caterers and took quotes/menus online for 8 more. PERFECT CHOICE!

Joshua · Married on 07/18/2015

Stephanie was wonderful to work with! She met and exceeded all of our expectations--prompt with emailing, available for a venue walk-through, and well-informed about Chicago area vendors. She went above and beyond.

We were recently married with 90 guests at the Floating World Gallery. We had a simple summer menu--cheese plates with grilled vegetables, salad, green beans with frizzled onions, chicken kabobs, potato salad (the classy kind, NOT the heavy mayo kind), ricotta tart, and gelato (fresh mint-chip, chocolate hazelnut, and vegan coconut). Our guests could not stop raving about how amazing the food was. The staff was accommodating and cordial.

Fig Catering is a gem. Everything from the tasting to the service was phenomenal. They use fresh and local ingredients. They made us feel as though we were the event of the summer-- we are truly fortunate to have worked with this talented group of people!

Jill · Married on 07/24/2010

FIG catered our July wedding reception for 65 people and were one of our favorite vendors! The best part about FIG & Molly is that they truly care about making you happy and making your event everything you want. We originally were thinking a buffet, but ended up going with a plated salad and dinner as it was actually more affordable. I do a lot of banquets for work events and did not want substandard banquet food for our wedding. The food was excellent and as one guest commented "it was like going to a nice restaurant, not like a wedding". We decided to go for pie instead of the traditional cake - and it was great. Molly was able to do a gluten free pie for those with special diets - and the banana creme pie continues to get outstanding reviews weeks later! Additionally, FIG cares about sustainability which is a plus. We did a tasting at their place in Pilsen and the tasting was a very real representation of the tasty food.

FIG was also the biggest part of our reception. They handled the table rentals, linens, glassware, etc. and handled everything for us which was a huge help.

The service during the event was wonderful (the bartender poured VERY liberally) and the staff were friendly and helpful. Molly is wonderful and after a glitch with the venue - she went WELL above and beyond to help us in the weeks before the wedding. In short, you'll get personalized service and great food!