Festive Fare Reviews

43 | Charlottesville, VA

43 Reviews for Festive Fare

Rosanne · Married on 09/18/2010

The service was great- we had to work with them from out of town and they were very responsive. We also met with them in person and they were friendly and on time.
    We rented chairs for our ceremony, and table linens for our reception. I didn't think they were all that outrageous. I could have probably spent about the same amount buying fabric and making all the cloths myself, but I didn't see the point because I have no need for all those linens. Our chairs were around 1.50 each and I thought that was reaosonable. I think it was another 1.00 per chair to set up and take down each chair. Again I didn't think that was all that bad.
    Everything showed up on time and the chairs were exactly in the order that I asked.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Hillary · Married on 04/18/2015

3.0

They were very professional and helpful through the whole process. They even sent me pictures of a table setting with different pieces that I was interested in using. It was very helpful. I would give their customer service an A+!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Dana · Married on 04/03/2010

3.0

a little expensive- but they do deliver and pick up

Sent on 04/14/2010

Anne · Married on 05/03/2008

Working with Festive Fare has been a real pleasure. Since we had our wedding at a house, we needed to rent everything from table to chairs to china and champagne flutes. Thankfully, Festive Fare had everything, and had a range of products to choose from, making it very easy to put together unique dinner tables. The service was impeccable, including the delivery/pickup.

Sent on 05/10/2008

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2007

3.0

Festive Fare was great--they are really the only place in town to get plate/tablecloth/etc rentals. They have every pattern under the sun and didn't try to push me to anything more expensive than I wanted. They also did not mock me when I called every six weeks and kept changing the napkin color. They worked well with my caterer and got everything we ordered to the site on time. Everything looked great.

Sent on 10/29/2007

I rented chairs, two small tables, and an arch from Festive Fare for the ceremony site and they were enormously helpful with the drop offs and pickups and working with us to make sure that the venue was accommodated. I would definitely rent from them again.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Emily · Married on 05/30/2015

Very helpful! Kristin was great and responded to all my emails promptly!!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

They were very helpful and easy to work with. Helped me decide exactly what I was looking for and very understanding when I needed to make numerous changes. They were off with the delivery time, which threw me a little but everything worked out beautifully!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2007

2.5

This place has a huge selection but charges out the a** because they know they can. It was fun to go in and pick out what was really the exact table setting I was looking for, but it wasn't cheap. In fact, I could have bought everything myself for less, but then what, right? They are too professional in that they try to oversell everything.....oh, you'll need a glass an hour for each guest. Whatever, my caterer warned me and I cut back on the number of glasses Festive Fare recommended by half and I still had way too many. Oh well. They did everything right as far as pick up and delivery of everything and my tables looked pretty.

Sent on 11/06/2008

Colleen · Married on 07/10/2016

2.5

Festive Fare was great to work with, especially Lorena. She was super helpful, and so professional. She also really helped me stay in budget while also picking out fabrics for table clothes that we really loved. the only thing was that festive fare and our wedding planner/us had a bit of a squabble at the end after the wedding, where it wasn't clear on where or how to put the table clothes or the chairs and tables. I wasn't thinking about this on the morning of our wedding :) so I guess for Fesitve fare it'd be better for the business to have clearer instructions. Bride, just know that up front! Otherwise, great to work with.

Sent on 03/31/2017

3.5

Festive Fare was recommended to us by our wedding planner and I'm so glad we booked them!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2010

3.5

Our linens, chivari chairs, and china came from Festive Fare, and working with Charlotte was a pleasure. She was helpful with figuring out what length linens we needed, helped us customized a runner for our banquet-style tables, and happily carted tables around and swapped out options to help us visualize everything. The only kink we had was in our mockup—we’d planned to meet our florist at Festive Fare to mock up a full dinner table, and Festive Fare only had one of the rented plates in stock, which made it very hard to see the full effect! Seemed like a miscommunication and Charlotte was very apologetic, and on the day of the wedding, everything arrived correctly and looked terrific.

Sent on 10/21/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2010

3.5

I enjoyed working with Tori who was kind enough to take me at my word that I did not have a "vision" for the day. I simply wanted to book the rentals efficiently. She made excellent choices based on my basic parameters and we were able to complete the whole process in less than 15 minutes. Completely painless and it was beautifully executed. We loved the decor.

Sent on 12/12/2010

Elsa · Married on 04/19/2008

3.5

Wonderful company. Rented Napkins, champagne glasses and some tables from them. Prices were reasonable and delivery charges were not too terrible. They dropped items off the Thursday before the event (Sat. Wedding) and came back and picked everything up Monday morning. They didn't even charge me extra for the two glasses I broke. Had used them in the past and decided to go with them again based on the quality of service we received the last time.

Sent on 05/06/2008

Aubrey · Married on 10/09/2016

3.6
      3.0

Festive Fare's delivery team is incredible. Those guys were on time, speedy, and great to work with. Everyone I communicated with was quick to reply and always got back to me with answers to my questions. Confirming rentals and pricing was something that we struggled with. There was a great deal of communication that went back and forth over this and in the end, I think it all worked out. It was definitely a stressful few hours 2 weeks before my wedding though.

Sent on 10/21/2016
  • Z

Susanna · Married on 06/15/2008

3.4
      3.0

Festive Fare is quite expensive so definitely look into buying in bulk somewhere. It's often cheaper. Clothe napkins were outrageous and they didn't have any I liked so I bought large paper napkins from the internet and tied them with pretty ribbon in a fan like shape and they were perfect. I don't think anyone missed having a real linen. In general, I did not prefer working with them but they are really your only option in the Charlottesville area.

Sent on 07/03/2008

Matt · Married on 06/15/2008

2.8
      1.5
      3.5

Great company, usually personable. Problem is they are crazy expensive and the selection is pretty crummy. I would recommend seeing if you can find another rental vendor for less expensive or for at least a better selection and quality.

Sent on 08/16/2008

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2014

2.0
      0.5

Writing this review is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I hate to be negative about anyone. But I had to weigh those feelings against my desire to keep another family and bride from having the same horrible experience, so I finally decided that it was my duty to warn others.

First, the positive: Festive Fare (associated with Classic Party Rentals) provided pretty much all the rental items for our wedding. They were delivered on time, and most of them were in excellent condition. HOWEVER, we ordered 350 dinner chairs and they arrived in garage-sale condition! I could not believe my eyes. The chairs were dented, scratched, wobbly and basically looked like you could have picked them up at a yard sale. And the cushions we paid for were wrinkled and very cheap-looking. In some cases, the wood on the chairs and cushions were stained. I immediately called Festive Fare, and to my dismay, the manager said, "Well, they ARE rentals!" I could not believe my ears. When I reminded her that the chairs in the show room were in PERFECT condition, she was silent. She did not care, had no viable solution, (even though we reserved the chairs about 9 months prior), and never apologized. In fact, she was so rude that I feel she should resign as the manager. We scrambled and found chair covers from a different vendor, which had to be shipped overnight to us - costing us over $ 3,000!) I requested a refund for the cost of the chairs (which was less than the chair cover cost), and only got a partial refund from Festive Fare. I had also ordered 350 ceremony chairs, which were in equally poor condition. But after the way we were treated about the dinner chairs, I knew there was no hope for replacing the ceremony chairs. The parent company, Classic Party Rentals, knew of our travails and did nothing to help. My understanding is that both companies are under new management - obviously, they are tanking the reputation and service of a formerly great company.

Sent on 07/11/2014