Festive Designs Reviews

Festive Designs 5
Festive Designs 6
Festive Designs 7

Arin · Married on 10/19/2013

Melinda with Festive Designs is great to work with. I knew what I wanted right away and we were on the same page. My bouquets for me and my bridal party were amazing, the bridal party table flowers were elegant and the family table was wow! Everyone who saw my bouquet complimented on how amazing the flowers were. Thank you Melinda for being professional and giving my wedding a Wow! You did an amazing job and I can't thank you enough for making my wedding day special!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Thank you Arin! You were a gorgeous bride and we were so blessed to be a party of your big day! {We loved your bouquet too!} Thank you for your sweet words!

Lisa · Married on 08/24/2013

I could not have asked more from Melinda and her staff at Festive Designs for our wedding flowers. Knowing nothing about flowers, except being able to show Melinda a few pictures of what I liked/disliked, she took charge and showed me her suggestions of similar (and equally as beautiful!!!) flowers that would fit within my limited budget. She also suggested ways of saving money such as collecting my own vases, using brides/bridesmaids' bouquets as head table flowers, and moving ceremony flowers to guest tables as centerpieces.

Our wedding weekend was an extremely busy one for her with 3 weddings, yet everything looked impecible like she has spend weeks and weeks on every little detail. Her daughter delivered the flowers before pictures began, was there to pin on boutonneires, then move flowers from our ceremony site to the reception.

I got so many compliments on our flowers, and they truly pulled together everything for us. I could not have imagined them looking any better!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Thank you Lisa! It was our absolute pleasure....we're so glad you were pleased! Congrats to you and Jamie! We wish you a happily ever after!!

Rosanne · Married on 07/13/2013

Melinda made planning a long distance wedding very easy. I found her to be accommodating and accessible. She understood the vision and executed it beautifully. She worked with us and helped lead us to choices that were more economical and for that we are grateful. She has my highest recommendation.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rosanne! We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the best!

Shannon · Married on 07/06/2013

Melinda and Festive Designs really made the details shine on our wedding day. We were married on July 6th and envisioned a red, white and blue, vintage Americana theme. Melinda and her team jumped right in and helped make every last detail perfect. We had quite a few very specific requests and Melinda was welcoming of all of them. Her experience and knowledge made planning our flowers extremely simple. We live a few hundred miles north of the Central Coast and were thrilled with the flexibility to work via phone and email. I highly recommend Festive Designs to anyone who doesn’t want to stress on their big day.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Thanks Shannon! Your wedding was so beautiful and a delight to design! We hope you two live happily ever after!

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2012

Melinda is amazing with her knowledge of floral design and getting your ideas to become reality. She went out of her way to make sure I had the particular flowers I wanted, even though they were hard to find during the season and making my color palette come out perfect. I wanted a girly and blingy bouquet, that turned out amazing. She is right on time and always organized. If you aren't sure what will look good, she definitely knows for sure.

Sent on 12/01/2012

Festive Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Lindsey- it was an honor to be a part of your special day! We truly appreciate your kind words and wish you a very happy marriage!

Melinda at Festive Designs did a BEAUTIFUL job at my wedding this past summer. Not only was she amazing to work with, but she also made herself available at all hours. She is so calm, organized and creative with her designs. The bouquets and boutonnieres were beautiful and she created exactly what I had imaged. I loved working with her and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/17/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Thank you Bonnie! Your wedding was so lovely and we were so honored to be a part of your wedding team! The photos we received are the stars of our portfolio! We wish you two all the best!

Amy · Married on 07/07/2012

Festive Designs not only did the flowers for my wedding, but also the flowers for BOTH of my sisters in 2005 and 2008. We couldn't be happier with their designs and gorgeous floral designs. Nicolette and Melinda both were full of creative ideas to bring my wedding dreams to life. We got so many compliments on our ceremony and reception decorations, and the Festive Designs team is so wonderful to work with!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Festive Designs's reply:

Amy- thank you so much for your review. It has been a pleasure to be involved with so many of the BIG days in your family's history! You and Dustin were a joy to work with! What a beautiful day....

N · Married on 10/08/2011

The staff at Festive Designs is top notch! The girls work hard and roll with the punches when changes need to be made last minute. They listened to what I said and totally "got it" and it was clear that making us happy was their top priority. It's a very rare thing these days that your florist and her crew see your face and stay on location until you're down the aisle...just to ensure that you are 100% happy with their work. Festive Designs does just that. She also has a small collection of rental items that were perfect for our wedding! These girls really know what they are doing and it shows!

Sent on 10/11/2011
  • LAURA

LAURA · Married on 07/30/2011

I met with Melinda at her place of business on a day trip to the coast. I do not live in the area and she accomodated me with meeting her, sending correspondences by mail/fax/e-mail, and had everything ready and delivered for our special day. The floral arrangements and bridal bouquet were exquisite and had great detail. I loved my bouquet! Her prices were extremely reasonable and I would definitely recommend her to anyone else!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Amy · Married on 06/18/2011

Melinda could not have done a better job! She has an incredible eye for design and is able to really read her clients and figure out what will be best for them. I was working on a budget when it came to my flowers but you would never know it. Melinda made my flowers look WAY more expensive then they were. She is talented and fair and exceeded my expectations. Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/05/2011

AJ · Married on 04/30/2011

Melinda is so professional and so reliable, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the service or flowers that she and her staff provided at our wedding. Our bouquets and centerpieces were just breathtaking, and everything turned out BETTER than we had imagined it. Melinda was able to take our vision and really flesh it out using her expertise. She offered great advice and flexibility along the way, and everything went so smoothly on the day of - everyone was on time, everyone who should have gotten flowers DID, and everything was gorgeous. We were totally thrilled.

Sent on 05/20/2011

Erin · Married on 10/16/2010

Melinda and her staff completely blew me away with what they created for my wedding flowers. I told Melinda the kind of look I was going for and what types of flowers I wanted, but when I saw them in person, i couldn't believe how gorgeous everything was, especially the bouquets and the boutonnieres. Melinda was so easy to work with- we pretty much planned everything over email- and she and her staff were so organized and well-prepared on wedding day. I highly recommend- I can't stress enough how stunning all my flowers were!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Leah · Married on 10/03/2010

My husband and I were married at Edna Valley Vineyard in October 2010. We loved Melinda from the moment we met her! She truly listened to both of us and had lots of wonderful ideas to make our wedding unique. I believe it's important to step back and let vendors do what they do best, and Melinda did not disappoint! Her work was lovely and helped capture our goal, which was to highlight the natural beauty of Edna Valley. The flowers and arrangements throughout the ceremony locale and in the boutonnieres and corsages were gorgeous, but perhaps most fun was the petal design down the aisle. Melinda is extremely creative and warm-hearted, which is a perfect combination for her design work.

Sent on 04/08/2011

Alison · Married on 07/10/2010

Melinda and her team did my wedding flowers for my beach wedding. As a resident of Los Angeles and planning my wedding from a far, I did not have the opportunity to meet with Melinda in person until the day before my wedding. That said she was wonderful to work with on the phone and via email and was very responsive, helpful and trustworthy. Melinda not only worked with my smallish budget but she and her team came and set up as well as moved the flowers for the reception to get more use out of them. Additionally, I sent her a sample of the color I was going for and she was also able to provide the linens at a very reasonable price. I cannot recommend Melinda and Festive Designs more highly.

Sent on 07/20/2010

Maria · Married on 04/24/2010

Melinda with Festive Designs was great to work with. All the flower arrangements were exactly what I envisioned and plus she was very affordable.

Sent on 05/10/2010
  • Y

Jeanne · Married on 04/10/2010

Melinda is the best. Her ideas are original and her talent shows in her arrangements. She is a pleasure to deal with and is professional and detailed. Her arrangements are beautiful and unique. She was the florist for my son's wedding and both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding were perfect!

Sent on 04/14/2010

Leah · Married on 04/10/2010

Festive Designs did an amazing job on our wedding!!!! They helped us every step of the way and were very creative when I was struggling. They helped us stay within a budget without losing the beauty. They were so supportive and made sure every flower at the ceremony got used again at the reception doing the setup of them at both locations. You couldn't choose a better florist.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Jenny · Married on 02/27/2010

I can't tell you how many compliments we received on the centerpieces and bouquet. Everything at our wedding, including our guests' attire, was white, red or black. Melinda transformed our space with orchids submerged in water, white stephanotis, red and dark red roses, and my favorite addition -- black feathers in my bouquet! Festive Designs turned our venue into a warm, inviting and beautiful spot, and helped make our wedding day more amazing and beautiful that I ever imagined.

Festive Designs worked hard to keep within our teeny budget - and far exceeded our expectations! Ever professional, and a joy to work with, I recommend Festive Designs to anyone. Whether you need arrangements for your wedding, a special occasion, or just want to spice up your living room - call Festive Designs.

Sent on 03/09/2010
  • MCNJ

Michelle · Married on 08/29/2009

I can't give enough stars for what Festive Designs and Melinda deserve! Melinda made the whole process ridiculously easy and had great ideas and vision. The flower style was exactly what we had pictured and the flowers themselves were gorgeous thanks to her selections and talent. We had the luck of hitting a heat wave for our special day and Melinda went above and beyond to help out and kept the flowers looking fresh. She even re-did the groom's boutonniere after the heat got to them during the photo shoot! I would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 01/08/2010

Becky · Married on 11/22/2008

Incredible job with the wedding flowers. Very well priced, great flexibility! She helped to make all the colors of the wedding come together, and really helped to make my dreams come true!

Sent on 12/11/2008

Sadie J. · Married on 08/31/2008

Brides--it is this simple--if you want your wedding flowers to look fabulous on your day, you must contact Festive Designs. The quality and service is amazing. Even if your budget is tight, you will be pleasantly surprised with your options.

Sent on 11/24/2008
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/10/2008

Melinda and her staff at Festive Designs were wonderful! Everything honestly turned out perfect. She is very easy to work with, has wonderful ideas and exceeds above your expectations. I was so happy with it all, that I would recommend her 100% !

Sent on 01/25/2009

Edrienne · Married on 07/29/2017

I found Festive Designs on wedding wire. I had my wedding at The Cliffs Resort at Pismo Beach and needed something close to the venue since I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Melinda was easy to contact and I got a response right away. I showed her some ideas (from pinterest of course) and she was able to not only make my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquet gorgeous, she did so while staying withing my budget! I got a beautiful arrangement for the arch at the altar, boutonnieres, and bouquets. She showed up to my suite the day of the wedding, brought our bouquets in, and immediately set up the arch. Everything went smoothly and I did not worry one bit on my wedding day! Thank you Melinda!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lori · Married on 04/22/2017

The flowers that Melinda did for my daughter's wedding were beautiful. My daughter sent Melinda some photos of what she liked and her budget and Melinda made it happen! The flowers were beautiful!! Thank you Melinda for working with our budget and making the wedding day special.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Cathy · Married on 07/25/2015

Great, beautiful flowers! Excellent style and design. The centerpieces were perfect for the venue. Loved everything about it.

Sent on 08/02/2015