Fernando Gonzalez - Wedding Photographer / Photojournalist, Rochester, NY Reviews

54 | Pittsford, NY

54 Reviews for Fernando Gonzalez - Wedding Photographer / Photojournalist, Rochester, NY

Amazingly professional and kind. I would 100% recommend him to anyone. An expert in his field.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Molly · Married on 09/26/2015

Fernando took some beautiful photos for our wedding and was such a pleasure to work with. His and his other photographer's presence throughout our wedding day was calming and much appreciated! At one point, while we were having trouble with our audio, he made a simple comment about how it would be okay, that we should just wait a few more minutes. It was enough to calm us down while other people figured out the glitch. His flexibility and easy-going attitude were wonderful. Thank you so much, Fernando, for being a part of our wedding day!!

Sent on 12/05/2015

jaclyn · Married on 06/27/2015

Fernando is phenomenal! It rained on our wedding day and I was bummed because I thought it would make our photos look dark and gloomy- but Fernando used the rain to create some of the most beautiful photographs I have ever seen!!
    He and his assistant were a joy to work with. They were so friendly and comfortable to shoot with, and they truly captured every bit of happiness that day. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Emily · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I had decided that the pictures of our wedding was one area that we wanted to invest in - both the quality of the pictures and the quality of the album. We spoke on the phone with several photographers, and when we first talked to Fernando on the phone, we just clicked with him. He was so enthusiastic and genuine that we couldn't not like him! Of course it didn't hurt that he takes great pictures too. Even though we live in DC, the distance was never a problem to coordinate details as he was always very prompt is his replies.

The thing that stood out the most was he was very candid about the fact that he had never shot at our wedding site before and so he volunteered to come to our rehearsal so that he could get some ideas on good places for pictures ahead of time instead of figuring it out the day of. Fernando's second shooter, Art, had a personal conflict that came up last minute. We got a heads up from Fernando, but he took care of securing a second shooter and they still worked seamlessly together.

Fernando was an absolute photography ninja on the day. We didn't even realize he was there most of the time and yet all the special moments were captured. Our pictures were ready crazy quick, and we had the hardest time choosing what pictures to NOT put in the album. Once we did, the album came lightening fast too. All of our family and friends have commented that our pictures belong in a bridal magazine. Basically, you're crazy to not hire Fernando.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Tonia · Married on 08/03/2013

Lou was a joy to work with. My wedding day was the best day of my life so far. I felt so many wonderful emotions and Lou was able to capture those moments on film. When I look at my photos I go right back to that day and become overjoyed all over again. If you are looking for a talented, unique approach to wedding photography you should contact Lou. These moments in time should be honored with precision and care. Lou and Art were able to provide such incredible service and I am just thrilled with the results. I have very high standards and Lou delivered.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Julie · Married on 07/20/2013

Could not have been more pleased. Fernando was like a photography ninja. I never even realized he was there taking pictures. He was professional from the start, very responsive on emails, and importantly was REALLY fun to be around! He has a great personality and I would recommend him to anyone. He exceeded our expectations. Most importantly his PHOTOS WERE STUNNING! I don't even know how he made everyone look so good all the time. HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Natalka · Married on 06/01/2013

My husband and I live out of state, and we never worried once about what our photos would look like. Lou was professional, flexible, down-to-earth, and so much fun to work with. He was willing to work with our schedule, and communication was never an issue. During our meetings he took the time to ask how we wanted our wedding day captured in photos, and didn't just hand us a standard list of formal shots that would be taken. He was eager to learn about the unique customs and traditions for our Ukrainian wedding, and even took the time to come to our rehearsal so he would know exactly what was going on during the actual ceremony. On the day of the wedding, he showed up right on time, and began capturing the mood of the day; we often forgot that he was there because he blended so seamlessly into the crowd. As a result, our pictures turned out amazing. He not only captured the important traditions and customs that meant so much to us, but he also captured the atmosphere and mood.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Stefanie · Married on 05/25/2013

Pictures are so important, which is why my husband and I really wanted to invest in a great photographer. When my husband and I met with Lou we instantly knew he was the one. Lou has a great personality and we felt so comfortable with him from the start! The day of our wedding was amazing. Lou and his counterpart Art captured all of our special moments and came up with some great ideas for pictures! Our album was ready within just a few months after our wedding. Lou delivered the album himself and went through it with us. It is breathtaking and everyone who sees it says how beautiful our pictures are and what a great photographer we had. Thanks Lou, you’re the best!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Meghan · Married on 05/11/2013

I wish that I knew more people getting married so that I could recommend Fernando!

Along with being gracious, professional, and helpful, Fernando was so much fun to work with!

Our wedding party had a lot of personality (not to mention the wedding guests, themselves!), and he was able to let everyone express themselves, while providing helpful suggestions and creative direction. It was the absolute perfect balance.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Jessica · event on 01/18/2013

Lou has been our photographer for many of the IDI Billing Solutions annual corporate events. We are thrilled with how he captures every aspect of our events from facial expressions to lighting and decor. Our employees are so excited to see themselves in Lou's photos every year because he does such a great job.

Christie · Married on 10/06/2012

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but photos by LifeShare Photo will leave you speechless.

We just received our wedding photos and we have completely re-lived our entire day; moment by moment, photo by photo. Lou and his team have the most incredible ability to capture more than just memories – they capture pure emotion.

From the moment we first met with him, we could feel how passionate Lou was about his work. He seemed to share in our excitement and welcomed our ideas. Lou worked very hard to make sure that we were comfortable with everything and always responded promptly to every inquiry whether by voicemail, email or Facebook message.

On the big day, we hardly knew he was there – until he had us cracking up with a few one liners. His warm personality made everyone feel at ease, which allowed for amazing shots.

We are still overwhelmed each time we look through our photos and are very thankful to have worked with someone who loves what they do as much as Lou and his team.

Sent on 11/21/2012

Christine · Married on 09/08/2012

Lou made us feel very comfortable. professional and a lot of fun to be around. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2012

Kate · Married on 08/19/2012

Lou was absolutely fabulous! Lou is very flexible, and although he has his own (great) style, he is ultimately willing to take any kind of pictures you want him to. He was up front about all costs, responded VERY quickly to any and all questions I had before we booked him and then made himself available by phone call, text, email, facebook--you name it--after we signed the contract and as we got closer to our wedding date. Perhaps MY favorite part about him is that he's ORGANIZED. : ) The day of, Lou was very go with the flow (and so was Art) and they both captured some amazing moments. Our friends and family rave about our pictures and our book. If we could go back and do our wedding all over again, we would still go with Lou!!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2012

We were extremely happy with how all the pictures and our album came out. We were also pleased with how easy to work with and fun Lou and Art were. We really appreciated Lou staying later without a problem when we realized we wanted more time. We would highly recommend Lou and Art to anyone!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Allen · Married on 07/28/2012

If your not picking Lou as your photographer, you made the wrong choice. His professionalism and quality of work are outstanding. When were shopping around for Photogs my wife and I couldnt see eye to eye, until we met Lou. We both felt so comfortable with him right off the bat. We even chose to add on an E-session with him. He captured some awesome shots of our wedding and had a very quick turn around. Once we finally received our album, I was blown away. I didnt think that our pictures could look any better until they were printed and placed in our leather bound book. I must have looked at each picture for 10 minutes just to make sure that I could capture all of the detail.

Oh yeah! And Art, his assistant, was fabulous too!

Lifeshare Photos is the only way to go!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/29/2012

Lou deserves 5 out of 5 stars for every single one of the categories listed.

Quality of Service: The pictures were absolutely phenomonal. He and Art captured the day in just the way that Ben and I remember it. They had full coverage of all of the events during the day. Ten hours of photography was perfect. It was a long day for everyone, but they were on the dance floor with us snapping away (and dancing with us!) right up until the end. We will have these photos forever and the candid way in which they captured our wedding day is timeless and will still be fun to look at decades from now!

Responsiveness: Lou is all over the Gmail. ALL OVER IT! He was by far our easiest vendor to work with, and with all of the details to work out while planning a wedding from out of town, his responsiveness was very much appreciated.

Professionalism: Lou is the perfect amount of professional. He was very clear and organized with the details when we were working with him in the planning stages, and when the big day finally arrived, he was professional, but we LOVED having him around while we got ready because he was so fun!!!

Value: We did a ton of research on photographers. We funded our wedding ourselves and were constantly looking to reduce costs. Luckily, Lou's prices were in our range and the quality of what we saw on his website was what we were looking for as well. In my opinion, the extent of services, the quality of the products and the amount of time that are included in his packages are the best deal that I saw in the Rochester area. He was focused on the details, yes, but he focused most on the people which ended up yielding the best photos.

Flexibility: Lou was really good at doing splits. And also, he and Art were able to accomodate all of the different locations we threw at them for the day. Easygoing and very willing to work with you!

We highly recommend Lou!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Betsy · event on 06/16/2012

Lou was absolutely wonderful to have as a photographer at my son's Bar Mitzvah. He was fun to work with while at the same time extremely professional from start to finish and very unobtrusive during the party. We received our photographs very quickly and the album looks amazing! I'm using him again for our next Bar Mitzvah in 2 years.-Betsy Album

Carey · Married on 05/27/2012

In searching for a wedding photographer, hiring someone with an artistic eye and an ability to capture raw emotion was of utmost importance. We could not have hit the nail more on the head with Lou and Art, and still we got so much more. Lou was incredibly professional, responsive, and punctual from the very first time we contacted him. He was flexible to meet up and talk at our convenience and worked to understand what we were looking for in a photographer to ensure that he was the right fit for us, and it could not have been more perfect. We received the photos within 5 weeks of the wedding which was amazing.
    We realized after our wedding that aside from your significant other, you spend a lot of time around your photographer, so finding someone who you enjoy being around is just as important as the professional photographs they create. We loved working with Lou and Art for our wedding, they made us feel incredibly comfortable the entire time and kept their, and our, energy high even at the end of the night, joking, laughing, and dancing with us. They took beautiful staged photographs, but when it came time to enjoy the events of the wedding and the reception you rarely even noticed their presence. I am impressed by just how much they captured outside of the main events, like family and friends, emotions, and details. We have received numerous compliments on our photographs and have already had brides-to-be asking who our photographers were. We could not be more happy with our decision to go with these guys and would HIGHLY recommend LifeShare to anyone. Thank you so much for capturing our wedding day so beautifully, you were amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Patooty · Married on 02/18/2012

We love working with Lou at LifeShare photo! He has a GREAT personality which made us feel completely relaxed and excited about our wedding party. On top of being completely flexible, Lou kept us laughing the entire time.

In terms of Lou's work, I'm saving the best for last! We love ALL of the photos that he shot for our event. Every time we look at the photos it just reminds us how much fun we had that day. We LOOK like we are having the time of our lives (which we were). Lou managed to capture all the important moments. We were not disappointed. The photos have awesome color and saturation, and the lighting made us glow, never looking shiny!

We would absolutely recommend Lou and will definitely be contacting him again for any future events!!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2011

We could not have been happier with our wedding photos and album! Lou was a pleasure to work with and made our entire wedding party feel at ease throughout the day. We actually forgot he was even there at times! The quality of the pictures was amazing and we have received countless compliments. The album turned out wonderful and truly represents the day. I would recommend Lou and Art to any future brides.

Sent on 10/24/2011

TheWakemanAgency · event on 05/05/2011

Lou was a joy to work with at our event. He arrived early, asked all of the right questions and captured great moments from the party. We appreciated his attention to detail, professionalism and quick turn around time getting us the photos.

Kristen · Married on 10/16/2010

Where to start!!?? Lou and Art are AMAZING!! I did a ton of research when choosing my photographers and LifeShare Photo was by far the best quality, excellent price (you get a ton of added features!), and super amazing people - tons of fun to work with while still providing the experience and professionalism you want on your BIG day. Lou was great at communication (fast and efficient) and was always just an email or phone call away when we had questions. Another great benefit is how fast they are at getting you your photos! We had a few friends who got married around the same time and they still don't have their photos back! Lou had some "sneak peeks" up within 2 weeks and the final set back to us in less than 4 weeks! And if you think that getting your photos back quickly isn't something you care about...think again. You and your spouse and all of your family and friends will be dying to see them!

All of our family and friends were blown away by how beautiful our photos were. Some of my mom's comments were..."the photos are alive" "pieces of art" "life captured in the moment". We truly feel like we have our memories captured with these photos and will cherish them for our lifetime.

We also worked with Lou on an engagement photo secession. At first we didn't think we "needed" this but I would recommend it to anyone as it is another opportunity to get comfortable in front of the camera and to have a semi-trial run for your wedding day. It makes you more aware of how you look, where shadows may appear and what the best angles are - plus you get to hang out with Lou again and you get FANTASTIC photos!

I would recommend LifeShare Photo to everyone and anyone (from an hour long secession with your puppy or a 10 hr wedding day) because you won't be disappointed. The only hard thing is trying to find more ways to work with them in the future :)

Sent on 11/23/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 10/10/2010

Lou and Art did an amazing job at our wedding! Our family and friends were comfortable with them almost immediately and they weren't in our face at all. Best of all, less than a month after our wedding we received the disc with all of our pictures on it. Great job Lou and Art! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 01/30/2011

James · Married on 10/09/2010

If the quality of the final result is all that mattered, then Lou's photos speak for themselves. I still can't believe how incredible our pictures turned out, and how many of our family and friends swoon over them every time they see them. My cousin actually got engaged the month after our wedding, and the first question he had for us was who our photographer was so he could book him.

But, if service along the way is important to you, then Lou is definitely your man. He met with us several times to make sure that he covered all of the details that we wanted, and he never said "no" to us no matter what the request. He also works with a secondary photographer so you get double the photos, as well as pictures of the guys and girls getting ready at the same time. And the best part? We didn't even know he was there! Out of all of the great shots that we got from him, I don't remember a single one being taken, as he is that unobtrusive.

5 stars for Lou Gonzalez all around, and all well-deserved.

-Jim and Vicki Gleason

Sent on 11/30/2010

Caitlin · Married on 09/26/2010

Lou was great - we chose him to photograph our wedding not only because of the quality of photos he gets but also because of his winning personality. It is a lot easier to get great photos when you feel comfortable with the photographer and he is able to joke around with you as well. While we were all having fun we also knew that he was taking his job seriously and was working hard to get everything we wanted and more! Thanks for the great job Lou!

Sent on 11/16/2010