Feastworks Catering Reviews

17 | Portland, OR

17 Reviews for Feastworks Catering

Deborah · Married on 01/16/2016

We could not have been more pleased with Feastworks catering our wedding last Summer.
    We heard from many of our guests and couldn't agree more that the food was amazing as was the service.
    Ashley was easy to work with, lots of options and the food was seasonal and delicious. Don't miss out on booking your wedding or next event with Feastworks!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Jenn · Married on 09/12/2015

Ashley responded to my request for a Spanish theme with a trove of menu ideas that were authentic, creative and that, when expertly executed, suited the theme and the atmosphere we were going for. Her event coordination was professional and made me feel at ease, every step of the way - from rentals to menu to service. The food was beautiful and understated - the response from my guests - exuberantly complimentary. We are so happy to have had Feastworks handle our wedding reception - it made for a memorable and fun party that our friends and family are still talking about.

Sent on 02/16/2016

It was such a pleasure to have Feastworks for our July 4th wedding!! We decided on Feastworks after reading reviews of their pig roasts. We planned our Portland wedding from New York and Ashley was responsive and fully available via email. Although planning from afar, she was easy to work with and settled our nerves with her professionalism. Throughout the planning process we never did a tasting. This caused some anxiety.. However, we could not have been more happy with how everything turned out!! Our menu included a wide variety of hors d'ouervres and a family style dinner including a whole pig roast, salmon and various sides of vegetables. Our guests raved on and on about how amazing the food was! Everything was perfectly cooked. The food at the wedding was

Sent on 07/29/2015

Planning a wedding taking place in another state was a fairly daunting task. Having it take place in the yard of the groom's parents' house where everything needed to be trucked in and set up? A little higher on the stress-o-meter. So it was with cautious relief that we secured Feastworks as they were recommended by another catering company that we were a half-day too slow to book. Lesson learned on that one: summer weddings in the NW don't mess around. It's a cutthroat frenzy!

Now, we meant cautious relief because we didn't even have the opportunity to set up a tasting with Feastworks. Panicked and unable to make it up to the NW at the time we needed to start putting deposits down, we just went off the great sample menu they provided us, they gladly tweaked it to accommodate our requests (Family style? Mini empanadas? Watermelon in your gazpacho? No problem!), and we hoped for the best. Woowee, did we ever get it!

Our wedding day was just perfect: the weather, the setting, the ceremony, the guests, the flowers, the music, the photography, the cake, etc. The food, though! Everyone's been to weddings where the food is just "meh". This was not one of those weddings. Many of our guests told us just that and we wholeheartedly agreed with them. We were ecstatic. And full.

Not only was the food incredible, but Ashley's no-nonsense approach to planning our day was a godsend. She handled all of the rentals, answered all of questions promptly, and reassured us when it got a little hectic the morning of the wedding.

Long story, short: Ashley, Ethan, and their team knocked it out of the park.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Chloe · Married on 06/01/2013

I found this caterer from a prior event i attended where I thought the food was the best I had ever had at any event. Feastworks totally delivered at my reception. Everyone loved the food and everyone wanted to know who did the catering. They really got our vision and totally brought it.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Sadie · Married on 03/30/2013

Feastworks was AMAZING. Everyone that attended commented on how exceptionally delicious the food was. There was a buzz about it during and after the wedding. Some of the best food I've had - period. They have an extraordinary combination of cooking and coordinating skills .

The cost was very reasonable and Feastworks provided creative options for menus that fit within our budget. Their service was great from the start to the end and everything went smoothly the day of the wedding.

I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Alexia · Married on 09/10/2012

When Erik and I agreed to get hitched the first thing we decided was to skip the ceremony and focus on a killer party with great food and libations. Our initial thought was Simpatica, however, after asking some very reliable sources we were referred (By a fistful of respectable chefs/ business owners) to contact Ashley and Ethan of Feastworks.
    We are over the moon we did.

We met with Ashley a couple of times to get the menu hammered out. It was exactly what we envisioned. Sweetbreads with applewood smoked bacon and black eyed peas, fennel rubbed pork, picked octopus with roasted potatoes and sweet peppers, chicken al mattone (Chicken under a brick), two salads, and much more if you can imagine.

Originally my husband and I had planned to have Olympic Provisions take care of the cocktail snacks but TWO DAYS before the wedding I decided that it would be easiest to have Feastworks handle everything and contacted Ashley to see if she would be up to the challenge and she was. They made some amazing finger foods and Ethan's Charcuterie was sensational. I would eat that pork rillettes daily.

Poor Ashley had to deal with my multiple impulsive emails with questions that I could have probably figured out on my own but for whatever reason my brain had stopped working. She was always quick to respond and VERY VERY patient.

Lastly I want to mention that when we initially met Ashley 6 months or so prior to the wedding she never once mentioned a small detail. She was pregnant. It was a shocker when I met up with her 5 days prior to the wedding celebration and saw she was indeed carry a baby. That woman is Nails, as my husband put it. She worked our wedding and gave birth a couple hours later. Mind---->Blown.

I am forever grateful to Feastworks and Union Pine. It's been a few months now and people still talk about the food they enjoyed at our wedding. Feels great. I look forward to another excuse to hire Feastworks.

Sent on 12/09/2012

We chose Feastworks for our wedding catering because we wanted really delicious food that was individually tailored to our tastes and our venue, and we weren't disappointed. The chefs worked with me directly to come up with menu options based on my preferences, and gave me a wide range of great options from which to choose. They also did a great job of making sure all of the non-food details -- from glassware to linens to coffee and dessert service -- were considered and taken care of, allowing me to relax and enjoy the days before my wedding, knowing that everything was taken care of. The food itself was delicious, and many of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much the enjoyed the food and the presentation. (The roast pig in particular was a huge hit!) Overall, we had a fantastic experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Feastworks to another bride or anyone that wants have really great restaurant-quality food at their event.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Tim · Married on 08/19/2012

Feastworks roasted a pig for us on our wedding day and they were great! I would highly recommend them! Staff were great and the pig turned out perfectly.

Megan · Married on 08/11/2012

After contacting the standard Portland catering businesses for our wedding, we were put off by the whole idea of having a caterer. They just didn't have the flexibility that we were looking for in creating a menu and getting the best party out of each dollar we spent. We then heard about Feastworks through a couple of different food industry friends. After meeting with Ashley, we were set. She was calm, knowledgeable, and actually interested in finding out what we envisioned that day, adding only helpful comments (such as when my husband and I disagreed as to whether we should have a whole pig displayed), and providing us suggestions for the menu but allowing us to add things we wanted.

The food. It was so good. And plentiful. I sent my friends down repeatedly while I was getting ready to score appetizers for me, which were amazing. But then the main meat dishes came out. Even more amazing. And of course, being Portland, Feastworks came up with a good selection of sides that satisfied all the vegan/veg/blahblahblah folks too.

I've been to a lot of weddings and other catered events in Portland, and probably sampled every catering company in town. But if I had to throw a party again, without question, I'd call Feastworks. Feastworks worked around us. We got to provide our own alcohol, but they hooked us up with some awesome bartenders. And the service was great not only the day of, but before. Every time I called or emailed, Ashley immediately got back to me. When we decided later to add another main item, no problem. We left the rentals up to them, and they came and went like magic.

In a nutshell, it would be a huge mistake not to contact them for your next event.

Bruce · event on: 06/10/2012

They were superb in every respect... absolutely excellent food, smooth service, perfect timing.

Trevor · Married on 10/15/2011

Ethan and Ashley Bisagna are an incredible team. They are willing to get the job done right and take a lot of pride in their work. I cannot give a higher recommendation!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Adam · Married on 08/14/2010

We booked Feastworks before we even had a location for our wedding because they fit all of our challenging requirements. We wanted creative, talented chefs who would accept our challenge to create a seasonal, delicious supper without our nosy meddling. We asked for a roast pig and mac and cheese and then requested that they tell us what other dishes and sides would go well with our must-have items and our stretched budget. And boy did they deliver the goods, along with helping us plan the rentals and bar items.

Ashley hand-delivered samples to us early on to create our initial menu. The week of the wedding, however, we were glad to hear that oysters were coming in and a few other vegetables were looking better than our previous choices. With no issues, we had a new appetizer and sides. Two and a half years later, our friends are still telling us about the best wedding dinner they've ever had. My only complaint was the lack of leftovers. In hindsight, I should have juiced the head count by a few extra people.

In the years since, we've recommended them to friends, co-workers, and employers without hesitation, and no one has voiced disappointment with their experience thus far. Our family also regularly purchases their charcuterie at the Beaverton Farmers Market. I heartily recommend Feastworks for your next event or wedding.

Sent on 04/17/2013

Kay · Married on 08/03/2013

Ashley and her crew provided excellant food and service for my daughters wedding. I would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Jim · event on: 09/02/2012

Ashley and Ethan are amazing. They are among the premier butchers in the NW. I have hired them two years in a row to do a pig roast for a company event, and they have definitely exceeded expectations. I knew when I hired them that they really knew meat, but the great upside surprise is how wonderful their catered side dishes have been as well.

Chris · Married on 10/05/2013

3.5

Feastworks was incredibly helpful, timely and professional. They went above and beyond the expectations of service and the quality of the food was exceptional; all the guests raved about it. There were a couple of lags in response time to communication, but nothing that hindered the project in any significant way.

Strongly recommended.

Sent on 10/30/2013

3.5

Absolutely fabulous food! They were open to our food requests and worked within our budget. Great people too!