Feastivities Events Reviews

102 | Philadelphia, PA

102 Reviews for Feastivities Events

Gretchen · Married on 06/26/2010

Feastivities did a wonderful job catering our wedding. They worked with me to plan the perfect meal and it was DELICIOUS!! I loved the way the staff served everyone at a table at the same time, and the guests loved it also. They worked along side of all the other vendors and organized everything so it went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/13/2010
  • I

irene · Married on 04/24/2010

We worked with Feastivities Catering for our April wedding. They came highly recommended from friends, so we in turn are highly recommending them! They were able to work within any budget (ours was not that big) and when the big day came, I wasn't nervous at all! I had no problems trusting that it would all turn out exactly as we wanted. And it did. The food was phenomenal, and choosing the food was a fun excercise for my husband I. (We got to bring our "best couple" to the tasting!) The tables and chairs and linens looked great, the staff on site was sooo awesome and accomodating, even our guests commented on what great bartenders and servers they were. Friendly and fun, yet always professional, they fit right in with our crowd. The best part about our experience with Feastivites has to be the way everything was set up and flowed throughout the night. We chose to have stations buffets and no assigned seating, which worried our older family, but worked out perfectly thanks to the experience of the caterer. We got compliments on the feel and flow from cocktail hour (where our burrito station was a huge hit!) through to the end of the night. Whatever type of party you are throwing, I am confident Feastivities can give you exactly what you want for exactly what you want to spend. And you will enjoy the planning process! Bonus!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Allie · Married on 04/05/2014

We ended up deciding on Feastivities before our venue - they actually led us to our eventual wedding location. The event manager we were originally working with actually left halfway through the process, but Feastivities compensated by putting their top person, Bernice, on our wedding instead. The food was great, and everyone left the wedding raving about the appetizers! The wait staff had a few issues - our personal server seemed to disappear once the reception began, and a few guests complained that their table next to the kitchen was too cold due to them leaving the doors open - but those problems clearly had nothing to do with Bernice or her assistant Hannah. Bernice also handled all the wedding logistics on the day of, including making sure the ceremony ran smoothly. Overall, Feastivities did an amazing job of ensuring that our wedding was perfect from start to finish!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Erica · Married on 05/21/2011

Feastivities and Steven Starr were our venue's preferred caterers, and we are so glad we went with Feastivities, which not only had better pricing, but also seemed a lot more versatile. Feastivities has such a wide range of options in terms of dining style and menu items, which is perfect when you don't want to be restricted to a formal sit-down 3 course meal. Not only does Feastivities provide catering, but they also provided and/or helped arrange table settings, event rentals, the cake order, bartenders, and even served as the day-of coordinator. We worked with Liz, who was extremely helpful, organized, and responsive and really streamlined many aspects of the planning process. She was really easy to work with not just over email but also in person. She kept us on track in terms of timelines for making decisions and placing orders, and never pressured us to make any decisions. She helped arrange logistics for the day-of, met us at the venue for a walkthrough a week before the wedding, made sure everything was delivered to the venue on time on our wedding day, and really took a lot of the headache out of wedding planning!

Not only was the service great, but the food was great too. We were allowed to bring several people with us to the tasting, during which we tried EVERYTHING we were interested in serving at the wedding. We ended up having butlered hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour as well as a buffet-style dinner with performance stations, as well as a late night snack at the end of the night. After the tasting, they were really flexible in allowing us to make changes to our menu.

Our only criticisms are very minor: One of our signature drinks was the old-fashioned, and at the end of the night, almost all our bottles of whisky and bourbon were unopened...plenty of people had been drinking old fashioneds, so we're not exactly sure what the bartender was making them with... Also, Feastivities apparently supplied some of the floral arrangements at the performance stations...which (in my opinion) were hideous, and completely different than the arrangements we had around the venue. I would have gladly supplied a few extra arrangements myself if I had been told beforehand. Again, a very minor detail which I'm sure no one else but me noticed...

Overall, we had a great experience with Feastivities. The fact that they help with so much of the planning and logistics is definitely an added bonus. We got so many compliments on not only the presentation of the food, but also the quality. Their food is better than any wedding food I've had before (and not just saying it because it was my wedding!) We definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Bride · Married on 08/14/2010

Feastivities attention to detail for my wedding was impeccable! The food was simply amazing. Our guests are still raving about their dinner and the appetizers. Dawn, our coordinator from beginning til end was more than we could have ever hoped for. She made sure that we had everything we needed throughout the entire night. Fantastic service!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Charlene · Married on 07/24/2007

I cannot rave enough about Feastivities! They were fabulous. Everyone was professional, helpful, and friendly. The food at our wedding was not only beautfiul but also delicious! Our guests are still raving about it.

Sent on 09/20/2007
  • silverbride1218

Pamela · Married on 05/04/2019

Great service. Very professional. Good value.

Feastivities was the exclusive caterer for our venue, and they were great! We worked primarily with Jessica until a few weeks before the wedding, when Bernice took over our case. In all of our interactions with them leading up to the wedding, they were very friendly and professional. Despite the change in coordinator, they didn't miss a beat, and all of the food came out exactly as we discussed. The food was delicious! We got complements on the hors d'oeuvres. The only hiccup is that they messed up the beer selection. Despite that, we feel the quality of the food was appropriate for the price.
    Bernice also served as our venue coordinator for the day of. She did a great job helping to stage-manage and set up the ceremony.
    100 percent would hire Feastivities again.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Feastivities did a fantastic job on our wedding at Stotesbury Mansion (March 2016). We worked with Karen most of the time and then Bernice. Both ladies were quick to respond, detailed, and absolutely wonderful. They were always working for and with us.
    The food tasting was intimate and fantastic. If Feastivities weren’t already a frontrunner, the food tasting would have sent them to the top of the list. Great options and everything was delicious.
    Leading up to the wedding, we must have sent a million questions and Karen or Bernice always got back to us quickly. Even in the last week, there were last minute additions and Feastivities was flexible and easy to work with.
    On the wedding day, everything looked great. Jill, the event manager, was wonderful to work with and Bernice was also there for a few hours to oversee things. They were always within reach making sure everything was perfect and on time. The whole staff was very nice. They were also flexible with us having a tea ceremony first and performers come in.
    My husband and I received a private plate of hor d'oeuvres right after the ceremony and everything tasted great. I love the tuna hor d'oeuvre they had and will remember that for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I did hear from many guests that they didn’t get or see many hor d'oeuvre during cocktail hour. That was a bit of a bummer as the hor d'oeuvre were awesome.
    The entrees were fantastic and many guests raved about their salmon and short rib entrees at and after the wedding. Also, the warm cookies and milk was amazing. I think cake was another thing some guests wish they had received – I know Feastivities doesn’t serve cake to every person because they don’t want to waste it since many will be dancing, but that’s a double-edge sword.
    Overall, with Feastivities, you’re in great hands. The whole staff is on top of things and will go above and beyond to help you. The food is amazing and delicious. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/31/2016

Joyce · Married on 06/30/2012

I am so happy I selected Feastivities for my wedding. Besides the food being delicious, their staff helped me with multiple other details that, without a wedding planner, I would have had no idea how to handle. Liz guided me and took me through the whole process without a beat. When I had issues come up, she was very calming and reassuring at every point. I couldn't have done it without them!

Feastivities provided me with assistance procuring alcohol, furniture rental and invaluable advice. They are extremely responsive and professional. Would recommend for any event.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Feastivities did a great job with day of coordinating and making the day go smoothly. The food was awesome at the tasting, and still very good at the wedding but not quite what we expected after the amazing tasting. Overall, I think it was definitely worth the added price though and they did such a better job than many of the other caterers we looked into.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Blythe Wyatt · Married on 09/18/2009

I have to say that I had really high expectations when I first booked with Feastivities--all the reviews, highly regarded quality of care--and overall yes, it was an amazing event and we received tons of compliments on the food, service, and quality of work. But behind the scenes the little things went wrong. With that being said, this review is based on quality of service, food expectations, and professionalism. I had a unique situation in where my Event Planner quit mid-wedding planning, so it was not my new event planner's fault that she had to learn everything that was planned 6 months into the wedding. She and I had a great relationship although she was poor with responding to emails (and I live across the country so that was crucial for our relationship). The staff at Feastivities is so sweet and happy and cheerful, so they get 5 stars in my book for that. But I think the small disappointments were just that, especially for the high price tag. I think we expected to be blown away and while we were extrememly happy, there were aspects that I would not expect for such a high price tag.

Sent on 10/18/2009

Stacey · Married on 06/15/2008

3.5

Great food. Was able to sample some of the food items. Could schedule appointments after business hours to accommodate our schedules.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2007

One of my favorite vendors. Feastivities was amazing -- fabulous food & presentation. They did an excellent job on our seated dinner at my wedding. Everyone raved about the food & how fantastic it looked. You can't go wrong using Feastivities, they are totally worth it.

Sent on 02/02/2008
  • William

William · Married on 08/18/2012

4.2
      3.5

The most amazing thing about Feastivities is that if there's a food you want at your party, they canmake it for you. The most confounding thing about Feastivities is that if there's a food you want at your party, they can make it for you. You have to at least have an idea of what you want when you go in. It's not a small lake of choices they give you. They throw you into an ocean of options. It can be frustrating not to be reined in, but ultimately, it's great. Your wedding is your big day. Make it perfect. Have the food you love there. Feastivities can do that for you, no matter what the food is.

We only had two complaints about Feastivities. One is that it was sometimes hard to get a response from them. There were occasions where we had to send multiple emails or make multiple calls before we heard back from them. That can be extremely frustrating, especially when you're operating on a deadline.

The other was minor, but caused a headaches. The catering staff was not supposed to use the elevator on-site. That was for guest use only. But instead, the catering staff clogged the elevator all night, often holding it on the floor with the kitchen. This led to some antsy older guests who needed an elevator that wouldn't come in order to get to the restroom. We had to tell the catering staff a couple of times to stay off the elevators. That's an annoyance you shouldn't have to deal with on your wedding day.

All that said, the food was delicious. The bar staff was great. They helped us have the perfect wedding. I would recommend them to people looking for a caterer in the Philadelphia area.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Feastivities Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and your wedding reception. I know how important responsiveness is and I will definitely follow up with the team to improve on this.

Congratulations on your wedding!
    Warmly,
    Meryl Snow
    Owner
    Feastivities Events

Soyoung · Married on 08/28/2009

2.5

Feastivities catered our wedding, and as expected from our tasting the food was delicious and the presentation beautiful. It was very important to us that our guests enjoy the food, and we were thrilled that all of our guests thought that dinner was excellent. The staff during the day were very professional, and several of our guests commented on their service during dinner.

I would have given Feastivities a higher rating for quality of service, given the work of the overall event staff on our wedding day, however our main point of contact leading up to the wedding wasn't responsive to e-mail or phone requests, and not proactive enough in the planning. It was common for multiple e-mails and phone calls to go unanswered before finally receiving a response. Additionally our contact did not reach out to us in the week leading up to the wedding, and it was only after we called the day before (after previous e-mails & phone calls) that we were given a list of information that needed to be provided. Not the best thing to be dealing with the day before.

Overall I would recommend Feastivities - the food was delicious, presentation very modern and elegant, and the day-of event staff were very professional. However, if you are dissatisfied with your main contact during the planning process it may be worth it to ask if someone else can be assigned to your event. Or else make sure that you ask lots of questions leading up to the wedding so that you are properly prepared.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Ji-May · Married on 11/06/2010

3.8
      2.5

Festivities played a huge role in our foodcentric wedding at Elkins Estate. From the start, they were very flexible and open to customizing our menu, from planning a 6 course dinner to handling special requests such as a "dim-sum" course and a protein trio of our favorite foods. Dawn is super nice and willing to work with you on everything, from your food to your floorplan, down to all the details on the silverware and napkin choices. There were some instances prior to our wedding where we had to reach out to her multiple times before getting in touch with her, but once able to she would always go out of her way to accommodate you needs.

Food was good on our wedding day, but we did note that not all food was served to our guests at the same time (there seemed to be a lag between tables) and not all were served hot. Some of the tables seemed to miss 1 or 2 of the smaller courses. Still, we were pleased overall with the quality and service.

Overall, would recommend Feastivities. There prices are reasonable and Dawn will work with you to get within your budget. We were not at all easy clients to please and we were quite satisfied in the end!

Sent on 01/14/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/05/2010

3.2
      3.0

Feastivities came highly recommended to us and with all of the great reviews, I had high expectations about the quality of food, service, etc. On the day of the wedding though, things went very wrong. One of the bartenders was entirely incompetent when it came to bartending, and another was very rude to members of the wedding party and to guests, and there was no cold beer when we arrived at the venue. My husband and I had a specialty wedding cake (a croquembouche, or french creampuff cake) that is to be served in a specific way. In all of the dozens of meetings leading up to the day, we went over all of these details, but the Feastivities manager for the day of my event had no clue how the dessert was to be served. A couple of the tables were not set up with the appropriate number of chairs according to the floorplan that we were asked to provide them with. The food took forever getting to the tables, and my husband and I had to fend for ourselves in terms of getting drinks, spending tons of time on our wedding day waiting in the bar line, when Feastivities was supposed to assign someone on the wait staff to specifically attend to us (as they do for all brides and grooms). My husband and I were not even served champagne or any beverage whatsoever for our toast.

My family met with Feastivities after the event to express our disappointment. They acknowledged that they were embarrassed by all of the flubs on the wedding day, but in the end just ended up writing us a letter saying that although they were sorry, they had delivered all of the food per the contract. After all of the hours that I spent with Feastivities in planning my wedding, and all of the grand promises of a classy, beautiful, professionally executed event, I was shocked that they boiled their obligation down to purely putting food on a plate. If you've ever met with Feastivities, you know that they boast that they are about much more than that - they claim to be true event planners. After all the Feastivities hype, I was sorely disappointed in the end, both with the event itself, and their disclaimer of responsibility.

Sent on 06/22/2010

kate · Married on 09/05/2009

3.0

The food was excellent but the wait staff was too small for my event. Dinner service took forever and there was no one to check on guests already served. No one was served wine, water etc. throughout the meal. The h'ordeuvres were served on very small plates and they were not plentiful. Most guests did not have more than one or two. The dessert buffet was served without plates and not all of our choices were available. If I had the option I would have gladly paid additional for more h'ordeuvres and a larger wait staff.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Shannon · Married on 08/26/2007

3.0

Feastivities was great during the event planning phase. They were very helpful and seemed to really care that everything went as planned. They spent a lot of time with us to make sure they had every detail for the day. However, when our wedding day arrived I felt the were very unorganized. They bombarded me with questions about where things were going and how I wanted everything set up. My event planner did not show up until about 10 minutes before I walked down the ailse. My parent had to rush around and help set up because nobody knew what to do. Also, they started taking tables down and about a half hour or more before my wedding was over, leaving my guests personal belonging on chairs and on the floor. They also wasted 3 cases of wine we bought because they uncorked them before they needed to be and we ended up having to then throw them away.

Also, I was not impresses with our food. At our pre-wedding tasting everything was amazing, but on the day of our wedding the food was dry and not very flavorful.

I started out thinking they were be great, but after my wedding day I was very disappointed. I even wrote to them telling them how I was not happy with their service. They wrote me back, but made excuses for things and said they will try to do better in the future, but it was too late for us. Their price for everything was reasonable, but I would not recommend them.

Sent on 08/23/2008

Amanda · Married on 12/31/2011

2.6
      1.5

My husband and I have mixed opinions of Feastivities. Before I go into the details I'd like to say that the food quality is great and the servers on the day of the wedding were friendly and hard working. That said, there were many problems with the management which caused us a lot of stress.

When we first contacted Feastivities they were professional, responsive and helpful. Since my husband and I value food highly we decided to make this our wedding splurge. They were considerate of our budget and helped us to create our perfect wedding menu. They were so nice that when we went to our tasting we were surprised to learn they weren't a small business but instead were a large catering operation.

Up until the tasting they were great. However, once we had a contract we were treated as yet another number and we didn't feel that they took our small wedding (~85 people) very seriously.

We were passed around to several new coordinators throughout the course of the contract. In fact, on our wedding day, our current coordinator left us to work with her assistant who we had never previously talked to. These switches caused several communication problems. At one point Feastivities tried to claim that our original contract had the incorrect amount and tried to tack on additional costs. After arguing for some time, though, they reluctantly agreed to stick to our original price.

More importantly, FEASTIVITIES RAN OUT OF FOOD AT OUR WEDDING! We were worried when we initially set the menu for our stations-style reception that this might happen but we were assured time and time again that it would not. The stations weren't set up to accommodate 85 people very well and long lines formed that never died down. We were originally told that the stations would only close once there were no more lines. However, they ran out of food while people were still waiting. People who did wait for the lines to die down, including my husband's parents, never got dinner! Feastivities broke the golden rule of catering and we were extremely disappointed in them.

Moreover, as per our agreement, Feastivities was supposed to have a fully tended Irish coffee bar as part of the dessert. This was yet another part screwed up because of communication. It was untended, the coffee was cold, and they simply put a handle of Irish cream out (no whiskey was present). It was placed out of the way, and most people didn't even know it existed.

After our wedding we complained about these issues and, after some bargaining, Feastivities offered to refund about 10% of the bill. The damage was already done though and this was just one more source of stress to deal with.

Overall, we originally chose Feastivities for their food and professionalism. We didn't want to have to stress out about this aspect of our wedding and mistakenly thought Feastivities would be the answer. The food was great and the servers were good individually, but the event coordination was extremely poor. It's possible that they don't treat small events with the same respect of large events but in general Feastivities wasn't worth the stress and we wouldn't use them again.

Sent on 03/08/2012
  • User4321924 · 2+ years ago

1.5
      1.0

Feastivities catered our wedding in October 2015. I will start with the positive - the food was absolutely delicious.

A few relatively small issues we did have:
    1. There was no champagne in our glasses for the speeches/toasts (the bride and groom) - we had to cheers with water.
    2. The lead producer we worked with was very nice to us directly, but was rude and belittling particularly to our florist who was a very close family friend.
    3. They assured us they would help us load the cars at the end of the night and they did not. Our friends and family helped us load the cars at the end of the night, which is exactly what we said over and over we did not want to happen.
    4. My husband asked them to use the less expensive house liquors for the signature drinks since they were mixed in large batches, but they used the top shelf liquor.
    5. When we relayed our feedback about all of these points above, we received no apologies from the producer at all - only pointed fingers at us and our families, and blamed the rainy weather and made excuses which was very disappointing. Given the amount of money we spent on this top-notch caterer, we expected more attention to detail and better customer service/professionalism.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Dee · Married on 10/08/2011

0.5

I would be careful with this venue because when you leave a negative review about their service they will have the site take your review down citing that you are either a spammer or did not have a wedding with them. I recently had to provide both contracts and payment evidence to a company who was looking to remove my bad review out of a request by Feastivities. All documents were furnished. Be wary of any company that systematically challenges and removes reviews. (WeddingWire.com, this time, I will be more prepared when you contact me about this particular review.)

With that said be aware that the wedding planner you are initially assigned no matter what they say can be reassigned. This is common feedback in other reviews. We worked with three different planners throughout our short planning process. The third wedding planner was assigned the day before our wedding. At my rehearsal dinner my brand new wedding planner was unable to speak with me because she was setting up for a funeral wake which was to occur immediately after my wedding service.

During my wedding she had know clue of the timeline of day nor where to direct my vendors. When challenged she blamed all of the hiccups on myself and my wedding planner.

The food was good though...particularly for an ethnic wedding. As consistent with other reviews others were really impressed with the food.

Sent on 11/12/2014

tordah · Married on 10/14/2017

1.2
      1.0

Hiring Feastivities was the most regrettable and costly decision we have ever made. Instead of taking responsibility for an embarrassing list of mistakes they made at our wedding- including those related to food safety and dietary restrictions- the person in the highest position there blamed us, our guests, and our wedding planner. After much pushing, they offered to refund a mere 2% of the thousands of dollars we gave them- but only if we signed a non-disclosure agreement giving up our 1st amendment rights such that we would never discuss our experience...That right there tells you something.

We shouldn't share the tremendous stress right before our wedding when we saw their final supply order would have left us without the proper number of tables, linens, dishes, and the correct linen colors to match our event? It was not insignificant that we scrambled when twenty vegetarian guests were almost served fish sauce? What about our kosher guests who were served milk and meat together? How about grilled chicken skewers tasting pungent from artichoke brine when fresh produce wasn't used...mushrooms marinating way too long in balsamic vinegar that were mushy and acidic? People putting their hands down vases filled with vegetables because the correct number of utensils were not brought...tables looking empty in spite of thousands of dollars of flowers because the proper dishware wasn't ordered or set... dinner being served an hour late, pushing off the schedule of all of our hourly vendors? The list goes on and on- and we were blamed for all of it except the table setting.

We have never been treated so rudely by any business owner- ever. Do not eat your heart out giving tens of thousands of dollars to a caterer that will leave you embarrassed and your guests sick. Please choose another caterer who appreciates your business, your wedding, and your hard-earned dollar.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Mila · Married on 07/03/2018

1.0

While we enjoyed all the preparation work, coordination and communication with Lauren prior to our event, things quickly took a turn right before our wedding. Everything leading up to the event appeared so wonderful - we were told that things will be taken care of for us, that the prices will be fair, no hidden fees, certain parts will be complimentary, that they want the event to be wonderful and stress-free...etc. etc... These were all false promises. Long story short, what they promised us were lies. Here are a few things as examples: 1) The decor they did beforehand was minimal (we had copious amounts of orchids left over that were not added to the decor, it cost SO much money and had to be all thrown away because Feastivities didn't actually use it to add it to the decor, they did the minimum and tossed the rest to the side). 2) Be careful with the invoices, they fudge numbers to make it equal to what they want it to equal to. Basically they decide on the total and will then change numbers as they please so that it amounts to what they aim to charge - terrible and insulting. Not even to mention that they required a payment but refused to talk to us about the invoice until a few days before the wedding! (Knowing you're stressed and wouldn't want to deal with more problems! They take advantage of couples and I'm sure they get away with it) Also, their math made no sense... and only after A LOT of back and fourth did they admit to being unable to do simple math. 3) "Our staff will make sure you and your husband always have a drink in hand! You're our priority!" - guess what? I couldn't even get a glass of water at my own wedding! Meanwhile their staff stood off to the side doing nothing. 4) What you try at your tasting won't be what you get at your event - way smaller portions and much poorer quality. Just another lie. 5) Supposedly they help you pack up at the end of the event and make sure you don't have to worry about cleaning up- what that actually means is "we will dump everything by the door for you to deal with." My husband and I spent 2 hours after our wedding packing and cleaning up: beautiful sendoff - thank you Feastivities Events! There are few things I would change about my wedding, but hiring Feastivities Events is DEFINITELY one of them.

Sent on 11/19/2018

R · Married on 11/11/2017

0.8
      0.5

No money in return can help to erase the disappointment and embarrassment that we experienced at our children's wedding due to the lack of commitment and promises that were broken by Festivities Catering Services!

Sent on 11/13/2017