Favorite Cakes Reviews

Favorite Cakes 5
Favorite Cakes 6
Favorite Cakes 7

Casey · Married on 05/04/2019

Best cupcakes! BEST person to have on your wedding team!

Where do I begin, Kathy was outright amazing! Working with her was the silver lining to a little snafu in our plans as we had previously booked with another company that closed shop just months before our wedding. Somewhat panicked, I jumped back to the drawing board in search of someone else to make our cupcakes. From the moment we met her for our tasting, my mind was immediately at ease. Kathy has the most warm, caring personality. It is very apparent that she genuinely cares about the couples she helps and is very passionate about her work and what she creates. And then we tasted her cupcakes - Let me just say, they were to die for! Her flavor choices are delightful and she offers fillings (sometimes even two types per cupcakes). I am pretty picky when it comes to frosting and Kathy's was amazing! Her cupcakes were super moist, the filling was phenomenal and the tops were each decorated with something special (raspberries, almond slivers, lemon curd, etc.) I have never had a better cupcake! When picking a wedding vendor, it was so important to us that not only did we love what they produced (cupcakes from our baker, images from our photographer, etc.) but we loved them as people as well. I had the utmost confidence In Kathy. She was so thoughtful down to every detail (such as tulle over our display as we were outside, cupcakes on her for our vendors, and an anniversary cutting cake for my fiancé and I free of charge as her gift to us). On the day of, her meticulous attention to detail was evident with her display - it was stunning and looked to be out of a magazine. Later that night, I found a gift box which she had packaged for us with some to take home. I could rave on and on about how wonderful she was and would highly recommend her. I think I was most grateful for her calmed assuredness in being able to provide us whatever our vision was and for that, we were so appreciative.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Kelly Carr · Married on 03/22/2019

Fantastic Wedding Cake Choice!

We ordered 120 cupcakes for our wedding and a cutting cake. They were AMAZING. Literally, every flavor was delicious, our guests raved about them and she was able to help meet our gluten-free needs as well! We specifically ordered carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting yellow cake with chocolate buttercream, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream, bride's white cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream, cream cheese pound cake with black raspberry filling, vanilla buttercream and lemon zest, gluten free chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream and a chocolate gluten free cutting cake with salted caramel frosting. Kathy was great to work with and we really appreciated all that she did for us! We would recommend Kathy to anyone having a wedding in the Charlottesville area!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia Lodge · Married on 12/01/2018

Beyond Happy

Kathy is incredible.

Besides being a wonderfully lovely person, Kathy creates the most gorgeous and delicious masterpieces. We chose her poundcake with blackberry and almond cream filling along with a coconut cake with chocolate gnash for our two winter wedding cakes. Our guests are still raving about "the best wedding cakes they've ever had". It's been tempting not to break into our 1 year anniversary topper cake early :)

Her kindness and warmth shine through in her creations and we couldn't be happier with our choice to work with Kathy!

xx

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Favorite Cakes 8

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2018

Favorite Cakes by Kathy- She is the best!!!

Kathy is the best! She is great to work with and her desserts are amazing, especially her cake flavors! She is able to understand your wants and needs and is so creative and can capture your vision perfectly. Our cake and dessert bar was one of the highlights of our wedding and we love how she made them unique for our day! Everyone loved it, the entire dessert bar was gone by the end of the night! We would highly recommend Kathy to anyone and can not thank her enough!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Anna Hope · Married on 10/12/2018

Fabulous and favorite!

Kathy was an absolute delight and joy to work with from start to finish. Not only were her cakes absolutely delicious (with a very impressive range of potential combinations that left us all struggling what to pick!), but she showed a real thoughtfulness and care in customer service. She looked for ways to go the extra mile in big things and small. The cake itself was absolutely stunning - we almost didn't want to cut it, but were so glad we did! I cannot recommend her highly enough either for a wedding for something more informal.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2018

Delicious and easy to work with

The cake was so delicious. One of the best cakes I have ever had. Not only that, but Kathy was extremely easy to work with and accommodating. The price is very fair. Everything was beautiful. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Annie Johnson · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing cakes

We absolutely loved our cake, it was exactly what we hoped for! Her cakes are SO DELICIOUS and beautiful. The cake tasting was one of our favorite things ever - so many amazing ones to consider! Cannot wait for the next big event!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Joanna · Married on 07/28/2018

Beautiful and Delicious!

Kathy with Favorite Cakes was great to work with. From the tasting to the design, execution, and delivery, Kathy made the process easy, flexible, and fun. I provided her with photos of what I envisioned and received exactly that, plus a tasty cake.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Callie · Married on 05/19/2018

Best wedding cake ever

This is the best wedding cake you will ever eat.
    I can't say enough good things about Kathy and Favorite Cakes. From the beginning, she was so flexible, preparing a wide variety of flavors for us to taste. When I couldn't decide, she offered to do another tasting with our runner-up flavors, and let me make moderations to the cake until it was exactly what we wanted.
    Kathy's cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful – truly the best cake I've ever had. She portions it so that everyone can have a generous serving size, and even makes cupcakes for the venue staff. Kathy is kind, thoughtful, professional, and just a delight to work with.
    I still dream about our wedding cake and can't wait to have it again on our first anniversary!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Jackie · Married on 04/21/2018

Kathy from favorite cakes is amazing! She is so sweet and easy to work with, she really goes above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want on your wedding day! Several of our guests commented how good the cake was and there wasn't a slice left over at our wedding. She also gives you a 1 year anniversary cake with freezing instructions. Loved working with her!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Courtney · Married on 12/02/2017

Where do I even begin? Kathy Watkins is truly amazing! From start to finish, we had the most wonderful experience in working with her. The first time we met her for the cake testing, I brought my parents, sister, and nephew and she surprised my nephew with his own cupcake, which won us all over! My mother, who is an avid baker and hard to please when it comes to sweat treats, loved every single one of Kathy's creations and was raving about them all day! Since we couldn't decide what to move forward with at the cake tasting, Kathy invited us to do another tasting where we could taste more flavor combinations! As soon as we tasted the confetti cake, we were sold! Additionally, Kathy was very patient throughout the entire process - allowing me to switch design ideas, allowing me to add on more desserts (which were equally as delicious), and more. She takes any worry or stress out of the wedding cake process, and I am truly grateful to her for this. It was such a pleasure to work with her and I can't thank Kathy enough for being a part of the most wonderful day of our lives.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Sara · Married on 11/18/2017

Kathy from Favorite Cakes was amazing to work with. From the first meeting up until the day of the wedding, she really helped all of our confection dreams come true! We decided to do three different cake flavors (one main cake, a sheet cake, and a groom's cake), so we had a few tastings to make sure that 1) we had the right flavor combinations and 2) we had the right color combinations. Kathy knows flavor, but she also knows design! I kept her looped into what we were thinking for design, colors, flowers, etc, so that her work contributed to the overall aesthetic of the wedding.
    She also helped me orchestrate a surprise groom's cake for my husband that was comprised of several of his favorite things. Her attention to detail is amazing.
    She also provides a one year anniversary cake, and she also went one step further and provided a special custom carrot cake for my dad! That was such a nice surprise/treat.
    Our venue ended up messing up and not bringing out the third cake, which I was so disappointed about when I found out the next day - our guests really missed out on an amazing chocolate cake!!! - although the lavender and pumpkin cakes were delicious!

Sent on 12/21/2017
    Favorite Cakes 9
    Favorite Cakes 10

Bill · Married on 10/21/2017

Instead of a cake for our wedding we chose mini cheesecakes. Kathy did a wonderful job and at the end of the night no one left empty handed! Very delicious.

Sent on 11/02/2017
    Favorite Cakes 11

Megan · Married on 07/01/2017

Working with Kathy from Favorite Cakes was so simple & delicious. Kathy is clearly the very best in Charlottesville area. We met a variety of different cake makers when my husband and I started out. First bite from Favorite Cakes, we were instantly hooked!

We chose to do cupcakes due to our venue cake cutting costs (her cakes are BEAUTIFUL). Kathy was extremely accommodating & the cupcakes were so fresh! Our personal favorite is Favorite Cake's carrot cake with delicious cream cheese frosting! All the cupcakes were stuffed with delicious homemade fruit jams or sweet filling.

After we made our selection, Kathy shared the apple pie cake & carrot cake recipe with us. She gave us permission to place the recipes on our cupcake table for our guests to take home to bake. Our guests were so pleased!

The sweetest part was when we got to our hotel room, there was a variety of cupcakes and our 1 year anniversary cake after the wedding. After a long day of dancing, it was wonderful to bite into the delicious cupcakes.

100% recommend Favorite Cakes. Thank you so much Kathy - you are so talented, we wish you the very best!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Kathy was amazing!! She worked with me to create the perfect cake for my wedding day. Not only was it beautiful, it was absolutely delicious!! We had so many compliments!! Kathy was so sweet and thoughtful at our meeting before the wedding and brought the most delicious samples. I would recommend her to anyone getting married!!

Sent on 06/24/2017
  • W

Warsan · Married on 03/30/2017

Kathy is as genuine a person as they come. She puts all of her love and care into her craft. She makes the most delicious cakes/cupcakes I have ever had, and not a day goes by that I don't think about them.
    Kathy is beyond amazing and sweet and she is very professional. Do yourselves a favor, hire her!!
    Our cake was beautiful and exactly how we envisioned it. Thank you Kathy for being a part of our wonderful journey, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting up with you one year later.
    - Warsan & Ryan

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Favorite Cakes 12

Jessica · Married on 12/03/2016

Kathy was simply wonderful. She went above and beyond to ensure that our cake and dessert decisions were easy, enjoyable, and stress-free. She was willing to meet with us multiple times to confirm our selections. Above all, her cake and desserts were beautiful and delicious. So many of our guests commented on how our wedding cake was the best they had ever had.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Nastassia · Married on 11/05/2016

Kathy was such a pleasure to work with! We met her a couple months before the wedding to try all of her cakes and discuss some of the options. She makes some beautiful cakes and I quickly started following her instagram page for inspiration. And the cake. Oh, the cake. I still dream about the cake. Every flavor we tried, we loved. We ended up doing three smaller cakes of varying flavors and fillings. Each one was beautifully decorated and set up with lovely decor. Kathy was so friendly and worked within our budget to make the perfect cakes for us. Thank you!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Anne · Married on 10/29/2016

This is an extremely easy review to write. We absolutely LOVED working with Kathy from Favorite Cakes for our wedding. To start, she is an incredibly sweet woman. She was very accommodating in scheduling a time with us for our tasting. She even brought some extra "treats" from a dessert bar she had done the previous weekend for us to take home. She is an expert when it comes to cake and design. I had found a very unique photo of a cake online that I asked Kathy to take inspiration from. Our cake turned out gorgeous and so unique! She provides an extra top layer of cake with special freezing instructions for your first year anniversary. She also provides cupcakes for all of your vendors, free of charge! Finally, taste. We went with two flavors, white cake with raspberry filling and hummingbird cake. They were absolutely fabulous!! We received so many compliments from our guests on the tastiness of the cake. She even gave us a "to-go" box with a large cupcake of each flavor. This was such a sweet thought because of course neither my husband or I ate any cake at the wedding. If you're considering using Favorite Cakes for your wedding, I urge you to do so!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Palmer · Married on 10/29/2016

Kathy was amazing. Plain and simple. We had 9 wedding cakes at our wedding. One four tier main wedding cake, one Gluten Free cake, and seven centerpiece cakes (these were not small cakes either). A total of 16 different flavors, and nine different designs. Plus, Kathy worked with our florist to elevate the cakes so a ring of flowers could be put underneath the centerpiece cake plate, and the fresh flowers on top of the cake were able to be removed and placed in the center of the flower ring when the cakes were removed from the table - thus, leaving a full centerpiece. The cakes were stunning, delicious, and so unique that our guests are still commenting and asking for the artisans contact information. It was the most perfect part of our wedding reception. In addition, we had boxes made with our crest, as well as tote bags and napkins, so our guests could take a piece of the main 4 tier wedding cake home with them. Kathy was the perfect partner to help us create a wonderful memory. All our thanks Kathy!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Kathy was so easy to work with! When I met with her for the first time (on tasting day) we really didn't know what we wanted for both flavor or design. Kathy could identify a little bit of what we wanted and helped to guide us in the right direction so that we had a beautiful and delicious cake! It was beautiful and our guests told me so many times how great it was. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Mindy · Married on 09/24/2016

Kathy of Favorite Cakes was an absolute dream to work with, and exactly what we were looking for with a vendor. She was easy & straightforward to communicate & coordinate with before and day of the wedding. Her cakes were amazing -
    there was a large, creative variety of options to choose from and you could tell from how she talked about combos she had been experimenting with how passionate she is about her business. Everything we tried was delicious and we ended up going with some custom flavor combinations (while Kathy offered her professional opinion on what would work best). We got rave reviews about our cake & mini cupcakes (they were so cute & appealing we had a hard time keeping them from the guests before serving). More importantly, my husband and I loved how delicious and personal our cake turned out (I'm kind of picky about cakes). Would 100% recommend her.

Sent on 01/19/2018
    Favorite Cakes 13
    Favorite Cakes 14

Trish · Married on 08/13/2016

Kathy was FANTASTIC!! She was such a pleasure to work for and her cakes were to die for. All of our guest could not get over how great the tiny cakes were that she made for us. Not to mention her prices are unbeatable. I have already recommended her to other people and will ask her first for all of my cake needs.

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Caryn

Caryn · Married on 08/06/2016

Kathy was a pleasure to work with. She provided excellent service and of course an amazing cake! She also made our grooms cake and chocolate chip cookie favors, which were also delicious. We truly appreciate the time and care she took to make sure our wedding cake, grooms cake, and favors were beautiful, tasted great, and were exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Angie · Married on 05/28/2016

I can not thank Kathy enough! I was an out of town bride with a very specific vision and Kathy truly went above and beyond to make our cakes and dessert bar perfect and stress free! She was a dream to work with and made the day truly magical!! <3

Sent on 06/13/2016