Fathom Gallery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Colleen
    Colleen Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful, unique venue!

Fathom was the perfect venue for our small wedding, and we couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. There really is no other place like it in DC, especially at their price point. Their staff are extremely responsive, professional, kind, and helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding under 70 guests. Perfectly intimate and convenient downtown location.
    Elizabeth C. Married on 10/16/2021

Hidden Gem of a Venue!!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Fathom Gallery space or the incredible team of women that work there. Fathom Gallery was the perfect venue for our 65 person wedding this fall. It offers a convenient city location but also gives you a quiet, tucked away feel with a beautiful roof deck space. The thing that stood out to us the most was how intimate the space feels, which is exactly the feeling my husband and I wanted to share with our guests in order to make them feel welcome. The interior is just as special as the outdoor roof space, beautiful exposed and white brick provides an ideal blank slate for you to decorate to your vision and with your colors, everything looks great against this backdrop! The venue is also really unique in that the rental includes a lot of tables, chairs, lounge furniture, the option of having an additional room and restroom on the third floor, a fun whiteboard where you can write your menu, or guests can write well wishes or words of advice for the couple, and the opportunity to hang 10 personal photos on the wall. We looked at many venues, and no other venue offered this much opportunity to personalize, and this was important to us and made such an impact on our guests. Finally, the women who operate at the Gallery are absolutely exceptional, the most pleasant group of women to work with which makes wedding planning a breeze. They are warm, friendly, professional, kind, communicative, and efficient. It was so easy to communicate with Emily and Kristen, I always felt like they were open to questions, and I never worried about anything related to the venue because I knew we were in good hands. This took a huge weight off of our shoulders so that we could focus on other things and enjoy the day! Would highly recommend for a wedding, a party, a corporate event, etc, I am so happy we chose Fathom for our wedding day!
    Kristen J. Married on 09/19/2020

What a Dream!

Having my wedding sight unseen was a tad nerve wracking. Yet, when I walked into the Fathom Gallery my heart was completely full! It was thee most intimate beautiful place to hold my wedding. Me and my Husband are forever thankful
    Sharon Married on 08/29/2020

My favorite vendor from the whole wedding weekend!

Having our intimate and casual 60-person wedding at Fathom was the best decision that we made for our wedding weekend. Everyone was amazed by how beautiful it was and how intimate that it felt. Plus, furniture is INCLUDED and it all goes great with the space which saved us a ton of time and money (there's high tops, nice tables, ghost chairs, a seating area).

Grace, Emily and the rest of the team are so helpful and nice, very responsive, and all of the little touches and favors were so meaningful to us and helped us stay stress-free. We especially loved that they let you choose 10 photos ahead of time to frame, and that the team signed our Jenga block guest book.

Since I am a crazy person about planning and like to do things way ahead of time, it was SUCH a relief that the Fathom team was so open about letting us dropoff/pickup our stuff pretty much as needed. This meant that we didn't have to worry about who was going to drive the mixers over the day of or who would have to leave the wedding early to figure out what to do with wedding gifts, cards, decor that we wanted to keep, before the after-party.

The only things that could make the venue an 11/10 would be if they had a fridge/freezer (even if it was a mini one!) and if we were able to not have to use their preferred catering vendors!
  • Gigi
    Gigi L. Married on 08/29/2020

Perfectly Sized Indoor/Outdoor DC Venue

Fathom Gallery is a hidden treasure tucked away in Logan Circle!

Location: Located right on 14th St above Slipstream coffee shop! Super convenient for Ubers, and there is a small private parking garage (not owned by the gallery) around the corner on Rhode Island and 14th St that is really accommodating for guests that opt to drive.

The Space: The space has tons of character with the perfect balance of modern and classic design. It's so beautiful inside, so you could go really simple with decor and photos will still turn out great! There is an outdoor patio and indoor event space that are both equally beautiful. We did our vow ceremony outside and reception dinner inside, and the transition was really easy. Having the outside space was so key during the pandemic, allowing guests to feel comfortable outside and socially distanced.

Service & Value:
    - Working with Kristen was really fantastic. She is so friendly and was very accommodating and easy to communicate with. She was there to give me a preview of the space, and was there on the day of the wedding to make sure the wedding planner had the support needed.
    - What I loved was that there was a set of furniture that is included (various tables, chairs, couches) that are available to use. We had a really simple wedding and didn't have to rent/order any furniture. The aesthetic is clean and modern which is really easy to dress up if desired.
    - They had a contact for a "butler/bartender" who we hired for an additional fee to help with drinks and set up. He knows the space well and the service was very well priced.
    - We did a family style buffet from an outside vendor (local restaurant) and Fathom was really flexible with us choosing the vendor we wanted to work with.

We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding!
  • Kyra
    Kyra Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Venue!

Fathom gallery was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding! We had to change all of our plans due to COVID-19 and they were so accommodating and kind. Book it!
    Vika Married on 07/31/2020

Great Venue for a Micro Wedding

Fathom Gallery was a perfect venue for our micro-wedding. Kristen from the Gallery helped us with planning the wedding and setting up our decor on the day of. The Gallery provided a bartender, helped with playing the music through the gallery speakers, and cleaning up afterwards. They were also helpful with social distancing in the process. The price was great for D.C. area. Our guests loved it!
    Sarah C. Married on 07/26/2020

Gorgeous Space & Excellent Coordinator

Fathom was an absolute dream venue for our revised COVID wedding. We worked with Kristen and planned our wedding in less than a month, and it was so much better than I could have imagined! They offered affordable pricing on the space due to the pandemic and ever-changing plans couples are facing. Both the indoor and outdoor spaces are gorgeous with no decorations (saved us money with minimal flowers) but they offer lots of recommendations for vendors and make sure everything runs smoothly. Kristen offered to cue up our Spotify playlists through the sound system for our ceremony music, dances etc. so we didn't have to hire a DJ, and helped us think through ways to utilize the space for our number of guests. We felt very safe with the COVID protocols from all vendors and the space was immaculately clean. I would absolutely recommend it for any event!
    Jennifer Married on 06/27/2020

Loved our Wedding at Fathom!

Emily and Kristen were an unbelievable team! They are a pleasure to work with and are consistently responsive, flexible and willing to do whatever necessary to make your event a success. Fathom Gallery is a beautiful space and I'm so happy we had our wedding there, you won't regret it!
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 02/22/2020

Fantastic venue

Not only were I and my husband pleased with the venue for a wedding of about 90 people, but our guests exclaimed how much they loved the venue and how perfect it was during and after the wedding. Kristen and Emily were flexible and accommodating, and the venue also has a great reputation among our other vendors.
    Perrye Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect for rehearsal dinner and welcome drinks!

We hosted our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and Friday night welcome party at Fathom Gallery to kick off our wedding weekend!

We worked with Kristen from start to finish and she was super easy to work with, very responsive and fun. She had great ideas for setup and decor when needed and was there on the day of our event to make sure that everything went off without a hitch! Kristen makes planning a dream!!!

We were able to play our own music through FG's sound system and we loved having framed photos of us on the walls.

I'd absolutely recommend this space for brides looking for a hip space to host both a rehearsal dinner and welcome party all in one spot. Old Blue BBQ was our caterer and they worked seamlessly with Kristen to pull off a perfect event.
  • Kat
    Kat Married on 10/13/2018

The most perfect evening!

We are absolutely over the moon with the experience we had at Fathom Gallery and with their entire team. From start to finish, they made it incredibly easy to plan and help us fine tune our idea for our wedding. It was fantastic having one spot for both ceremony and reception, and they do this so frequently that they're incredibly efficient. The space is so beautiful on its own that it really didn't need much in the way of additional decor, and I LOVE that they include printing photos for you to hang gallery-style.
    Monika Married on 09/29/2018
    Fathom Gallery was beyond exceptional. We were planning our wedding from the other side of the country, and their team made sure we never felt out of control or out of the loop. The venue itself is gorgeous, unique, and a great value. Many of our guests said they felt like they were at a chic loft in NYC. Their staff is amazing, in particular, Kristen, who was our primary contact and day-of coordinator. She seamlessly handled a cranky catering coordinator, all of our vendors needing direction, and my family and friends milling about setting up. We were all flying out the next day as well, and Kristen and Emily were both wonderful about letting us pick up any leftover items on Sunday.
    Could not have been happier!
    Russell Married on 08/25/2018
    My wife and I hosted our Welcome BBQ at Fathom Gallery the night before our wedding, and it was amazing! The team at Fathom Gallery was very accommodating for our requests and allowed us to choose a vendor that was not on their preferred list no-hassle. During and after the event, guests gushed about how awesome the space and set-up was. There are places to hang up your own pictures/artwork, and it's super simple! Leading up to the event, the Fathom Gallery staff (including Emily and Kristen) were very helpful and responsive. We would recommend Fathom Gallery to for weddings, rehearsal dinners/events, or any other event!
    Gail Married on 03/21/2018
    What a fabulous team of people and incredible space! We were thrilled with everything. Many thx!
    Denise Married on 11/04/2017
    I wanted a small, intimate wedding with a relaxed vibe and modern feel--Fathom Gallery is all these things and more! The gallery is beautiful, and the smallest details like the ghost mirror and dry erase walls in the kitchen make the space unique and fun. The penthouse is a must. I was debating on adding it to my rental, but I'm so glad I did. My husband and I used the prep room to get ready. We also hired a photo booth company (Just Smile Entertainment) to utilize the rest of the space upstairs. It was a huge hit! What made me fall for Fathom was the rooftop. It's so charming and private that you forget you're in the heart of busy Logan Circle. It was perfect for our ceremony. Then we flipped the space and added tables and lounge furniture afterwards. And the rooftop looks magical once the sun sets and the string lights and up-lighting turn on!

I also have to commend the Fathom Gallery team, especially Emily and Caroline. They were phenomenal! Always responsive, patient, helpful, attentive and pleasant to work with. Thank you both! I couldn't have picked a more perfect venue!
    Kathryn Married on 10/21/2017
    The gallery was an amazing space for our October wedding. The outdoor space on the deck was perfect for an intimate ceremony around sunset, lit by overhead cafe lights. Our guests could move and mingle inside or outside for the remainder of the cocktail hour and reception, which created a great flow for the event. The gallery manager Emily is wonderful to work with and knows all of the ins and outs of planning an amazing event at Fathom.
    Katie Married on 09/23/2017
    Can't say enough about Fathom - was incredible venue and perfect for what I wanted on our wedding day. We did a family only ceremony and then a reception for about 100 people. Emily and Caroline were so responsive and so easy to work with. I would recommend Fathom to anyone who is looking for a chic yet casual wedding.
    Kim Married on 09/02/2017
    We loved everything about Fathom Gallery. The space is beautiful and the staff went above in beyond. It was the perfect location for our small wedding. I give this venue my highest recommendation.
    Callum Married on 06/17/2017
    Fathom Gallery was the perfect place to have our buffet dinner wedding event. There's a great outdoor space and an open and modern indoor area. A nice touch was having our photos hung up around the venue. Emily was an excellent host and venue manager - responsive and accommodating.
    Daniel Married on 05/13/2017
    Fathom is an amazing event space that just keeps getting better! The staff was committed to helping us plan our wedding and made what we thought was a perfect space even better.
    Shannon Married on 05/13/2017
    Fathom Gallery was the perfect space for our wedding! We had 100 guests and hosted both our ceremony and reception at Fathom. We were looking for a venue that would feel intimate and had a fair amount of outdoor space. The rooftop is beautiful and feels like a little urban oasis. Emily was responsive to our requests throughout the planning process and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend!
    Rufaro Married on 01/15/2017
    Emily and Fathom Gallery were absolutely incredible when me and my sister planned and hosted my mom’s surprise 60th bday party. They were extremely accommodating when it came to working within our very small budget, and also accommodated our schedules to visit the gallery (even outside gallery hours) given we live in NYC and only had very few weekends when we could visit.

Everyone at the party couldn’t stop talking about how awesome the venue was. The gallery was different from other event spaces I hosted for a few reasons: 1) Fathom had us send them ten photos, which they hung up in the huge beautiful frames around the gallery, for a personalized feel, 2) Fathom has a “ghost mirror” in the bathroom which displayed a slideshow of other photos we had sent them in the mirror (so you could look at them while washing your hands), 3) the gallery has a wonderful outdoor rooftop space and heat lamps, so you can use it year-round (we threw the event in January and many people ate outside). I can’t thank Fathom enough for truly making my mom’s birthday party the most special party ever. I will definitely be using them for other events, and will continue to recommend them to anyone looking to throw a party in DC.
    Kim Married on 10/09/2016
    We were really happy to find Fathom and really happy we held our ceremony and reception there. It's a beautiful space in a fun downtown DC location. The rental price was among the lowest of other, comparable spaces and because the space is already so beautiful, there was very little we had to do to vis-a-vis additional wedding design. We rented the gallery space as well as the 3rd floor living room/bedroom space. We used the 3rd floor to get ready for the wedding and then to provide a separate childcare space for several of our guests who had toddlers (we brought in a childcare provider and had the toddlers hang out there during the reception). If we hadn't had the childcare need, the 3rd floor would have been a great lounge extension for the reception. We enjoyed working with Emily and Caroline. They were always responsive and provided good connections to other vendors. As the final days and hours drew near, they were quick to problem solve (we had an issue with our music playlist) and provide last minute information and guidance. We had a great experience from start to finish. Our guests loved the space.
    Reid Married on 09/24/2016
    The venue is perfect for an intimate wedding. We love the modern, urban style! (If you're looking for a countryside estate, do not bother with Fathom.) The outdoor space with the raised deck is perfect for the ceremony, and the gallery's ghost chairs for the guests were comfortable and beautiful. The gallery had a lot of potted flowers and trees on the deck, and our florist supplemented these nicely. The outdoor space was also the perfect place for the bar, initially for the cocktail hour, but later guests enjoyed the evening under the bistro lights. The seated dinner was in the room with exposed brick and dramatic glassed-in staircase. We had exactly 50 people, and the room felt spacious -- although we did remove a couple tables when it was time for dancing. People could move freely and easily. The gallery framed 10 photos of us and had them displayed on the white brick walls -- a very nice touch. They also have a ghost mirror in the bathroom a loaded up a slide show of photographs for us. We used the gallery's sound system and Spotify for the music; there were a couple of "pauses" but the system saved us from having to get more equipment and a DJ or band. The location on 14th Street is also perfect for after-wedding festivities because there are several nightspots within walking distance. Fathom gallery is perfect for a ceremony and reception of this size if you're looking for contemporary, urban surroundings!