Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 3
Father Jerry Bellamy 4
Father Jerry Bellamy 5

Tiffany · Married on 02/24/2017

Father Jerry was easy to work with and made the entire process seamless. From start to finish he was stellar. He did a great job and felt like part of the family during our small ceremony of 15. We love father Jerry!

Sent on 03/16/2017
  • User7201659 · 2+ years ago

We're a couple from La Habra, Orange County and had a wonderful intimate wedding at Santa Barbara. Father Jerry helped us from planning and details of ceremony with great ideas. He encouraged and inspired us, such as an idea of the groom singing while I was walking down the aisle. Our guests loved it and our family from overseas -all Asians felt that the ceremony was warm, comfortable and memorable. If someone like me is reading the reviews and decide to call him, it would be one of the best choices someone can make. We're so glad that we met him and we still talk about how lucky we were to had him as our officiant.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

I wish everyone could meet this amazing couple. There were about 15 people at their ceremony and . . . . It is hard to describe how absolutely elegant everyone was. The surroundings were very humble compared to them. The groom sang beautifully. I do suggest that he should not quit his "day job". I think all of us will be life-long friends. Father Jerry

Em · Married on 11/19/2016

I was very happy to have Father Jerry Bellamy as the Officiant of our wedding ceremony. He created the perfect sermon for us and our guests - bilingual (spanish/english), humorous, with very true/touching words about marriage and love. I received many compliments from guests that they actually enjoyed the ceremony!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Megan · Married on 11/12/2016

Once you start researching officiants in Santa Barbara, you will see Father Jerry's name pop up again and again - there is a reason for this: he is fantastic! My husband and I had an intimate ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse with only our immediate family. He fit right in with our small group and put everyone at ease, telling a few jokes while we set up. Leading up to the ceremony, he was readily available to chat and answer questions. We would highly recommend Father Jerry and we really appreciated his efforts in making our ceremony so memorable and special.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Lana · Married on 10/15/2016

Father Jerry was great. He was very detailed in the ceremony planning process, which made us feel a lot more comfortable. He gave us plenty of good suggestions and ideas of how we wanted the ceremony to be. He made the ceremony very fun and unique, and we received so many compliments from guests! Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2016

Loved Father Jerry! Perfect mix of humor, professionalism, and quality of service. Having a touch of Catholicism was important to me even though we didn't want to get married in a church and he was great at giving us exactly what we were looking for at the ceremony.

Heather · Married on 10/09/2016

We were planning our Santa Barbara wedding from out of town (Redwood City, CA) so didn't know any local officiants. Father Jerry had great reviews so we set up a meeting with him while we were traveling through a few months before the wedding. Father Jerry was very thorough in our meeting and was genuinely interested in making sure our ceremony reflected our personalities and religious backgrounds (Buddhist/Christian). He also had great suggestions for musicians and other vendors in the Santa Barbara area that would work well with our venue which was the Mural Room at the historic Santa Barbara Courthouse. Father Jerry was a wealth of information and very helpful during the entire planning process which was a relief when planning a destination wedding. The ceremony was heartfelt and everyone commented on how meaningful it was. If you want your wedding ceremony to go off without a hitch than look no further than Father Jerry.

Sent on 10/24/2016

We had our wedding in Los Angeles in an outdoor garden style venue. My now wife and I were both raised Catholic so we wanted a religious aspect included in the ceremony to satisfy our parents and family members who our religious. Father Bellamy did an excellent job. He kept our guests engaged and added some light humor so not to make things so serious. The process was very simple from our meeting to the actual ceremony..it could not have been any easier and stress free. We highly recommend him for your special day. He met all our expectations!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy is fantastic!! Being a 4th generation Santa Barbarian, it was something special to find him and learn how deeply rooted he also is in my hometown. Father Jerry is an icon! We shared stories of how our paths have crossed amongst many of the same people we know; I simply love that he was available to perform our wedding. He is very organized (like me!) and was genuinely interested in learning about my fiancé and I beforehand. He put our nerves at ease by letting us know he would guide us through the ceremony, and he did! Our meeting was thorough and his detailed summary of how the day would unfold was priceless. I cannot leave out how funny he is! Many of our guests after the ceremony commented to us about how much they enjoyed him. He really made the best day of our lives something extra special. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Niclas · Married on 09/27/2016

We planned out wedding that was set in L.A all the way from Sweden witch made it quite hard since we could not meet any of our vendors before the wedding. Jerry´s fast response was a huge help and he was so kind and helpful.

Honestly, if you are looking for a wedding officiant in the Cali area I can´t think there is anyone more professional, warm and friendly then Jerry.

All of our guest loved him as well!

Niclas and Katarina from Stockholm Sweden.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Niclas and Katarina - I hope that the both of you know how wonderful you are. We were unable to meet before your ceremony, given your travel schedule. But our long distance telephone planning did us well. I will always remember your panic call before the wedding wanting to know what to write in your letter to Katarina. All I did was encourage you to say what you were feeling - silly or not. Blessings in your lives. Yes, I hope to come to Sweden and take you up on your offer or a tour.....Father Jerry

Elizabeth · Married on 09/16/2016

We can't say enough about how wonderful Father Jerry was in officiating our recent wedding! We are from Los Angeles and had our wedding at the Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara. He met with us several months prior to the wedding and presented us with a variety of options for how we could conduct the ceremony. Several of the suggestions he made ended up making the ceremony so much more personal while also feeling true to tradition (which was exactly what we wanted). He also managed to make both of our families feel comfortable and included (we come from different religious backgrounds, one of us coming from a family that is strongly Catholic and the other from a family that is strongly evangelical Christian). Father Jerry brought so much warmth, experience, and charm to the wedding that we feel he would be great for almost anyone looking for an officiant, but especially if you are a couple like us with one family that is Catholic and another family that comes from a different religious background, you definitely want Father Jerry!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Matt · Married on 08/19/2016

You worry when you see nothing but 5 star ratings that this guy is a scam. All robots writing generic reviews. Then he calls you back and you realize what a great guy Jerry is and that's why he has great reviews. He made everybody at the ceremony laugh including us. My Dad always said "you get what you pay for" and with Jerry you get a deal. If you want to have your cousin get ordained for $30 online, expect a $30 ceremony. I'm sure it'll be good...but it won't be great. Do you really want the dollar menu for your wedding? Jerry was both professional and humorous. Combining my Atheism with my wife's Catholicism I thought was going to be difficult but he made it a breeze and I didn't feel like I was attending mass. Father Jerry did an amazing job and I'm passing on his info to every engaged couple I know.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Matt and Chris: I am really humbled by your review. You and your guests are such great people. Nobody was "zoned out", Everyone there really wanted to be there. Your love for each other just spilled out over everyone. Your wedding ceremony success was much more than the sum of its parts. It was more . . . . Father Jerry

Cybele · Married on 08/16/2016

We had such a wonderful wedding this August in Camarillo with Father Jerry as our officiant! It couldn't be better! We actually just met Father Jerry in person a few days before our wedding as we live in the Netherlands and choose Father Jerry via Weddingwire and a wonderful telephone call. We immediately felt a click with him and had so much fun before and during the wedding. He is very openminded, friendly and has a good sense of humor! Love this man!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Certainly, keeping to tradition, the Netherlands always sends their very best. How blessed I was to be allowed to participate in your wedding. I am better for it. You really "rocked". Father Jerry

Aiko · Married on 08/13/2016

I am SO SO glad I found Father Jerry on Wedding Wire (and Yelp!). The reviews of past brides did not let me down as everyone has raved about working with Father Jerry. He certainly did not disappoint and is worth every penny! My husband and I planned our wedding in Somis, CA from the Bay Area where we both lived. We booked the majority of our vendors over the phone and from the moment I spoke to Father Jerry, I knew that he would bring something special to our wedding. I'm Catholic and wanted to incorporate some Catholic elements into our wedding to make my mom happy (she REALLY wanted a church wedding for me). My non-Catholic husband and I found the venue of our dreams so we talked to Father Jerry about a Catholic-lite ceremony - we incorporated the coins, rope and prayer which worked out really well for us. The thing we most appreciate about Father Jerry is his suggestion to write personal letters to each other (instead of vows), which he then read on our behalf during our ceremony. People LOVED that part of our ceremony. And Father Jerry kept folks laughing throughout our ceremony with his funny jokes. Serioulsy, we got so many compliments from our guests afterwards about Father Jerry and how much they enjoyed our ceremony. I HIGHLY recommend Father Jerry to any couple. Many thanks to Father Jerry for making our ceremony meaningful, funny and memorable! =)

• Bessie Bradshaw

Bessie · Married on 08/11/2016

Father Jerry was perfect for us. I found him through Wedding Wire, read his reviews, and decided to give him a call. Working with Father Jerry was an easy process, especially during stressful wedding days! Guest at our wedding said that they really liked our ceremony. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Jill · Married on 07/27/2016

Father Jerry was a splurge for our simple elopement, but he was worth it! He did a great job with personalizing our service and impressed everyone that participated in our ceremony.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Jill, your wedding was almost a year ago. Thank you for remembering and taking the time to share your thoughts. It was an elopement but both of you had such a wonderful effect on everyone who saw you and I am sure that is the same now, a year later. Blessings, Father Jerry Bellamy
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 07/17/2016

Father Jerry was the perfect choice for our wedding. With both my husband and I's parents coming from religious backgrounds, and myself and my husband being non-religious, Father Jerry was the perfect balance to bring everyone together. With our wedding taking place on a vineyard, we had a very specific idea of what we wanted the ceremony to look like and Father Jerry accommodated us with all of our requests as well as throwing in some valuable suggestions. On the day, the ceremony went perfectly, with guests from all over the world saying it was one of the best they had seen.

Also, with us living out of the country, we wanted to make sure that we were completely comfortable with all the details for the big day. Father Jerry was in constant contact with us and was professional from start to end. We couldn't recommend him enough.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Lucia · Married on 06/18/2016

Father Jerry celebrated our wedding at the beach, he was so amazing!!! We couldn't ask for more!
    He showed up with his cool vest and turquoise glasses and his words and his good and positive energy made our wedding amazing ! Everybody was happy and liked him!
    I'm so happy to racomande him to a couple that want to get married , for sure he will make their day special and amazing .
    I know father Jerry from long time and I knew his wonderful personality but he surprise me more in a good way for the wedding!
    He is very professional .
    My and my husband we were so happy to have choose him .
    We love father Jerry !!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Before the wedding...
    I found Fr. Jerry on the wedding wire while I was waiting to hear back from SB courthouse. After I had the initial phone call with him, we decided that it would be so much more better to get married by Fr. Jerry with whom we could craft a meaningful ceremony, than by doing it at the courthouse. I am Indian and raised catholic. My husband is Ethiopian and raised orthodox christian. So you can imagine that between us, we have different flavors of Christianity as well as different cultural aspects to the ceremony. Fr. Jerry helped us craft it all together into a beautiful ceremony. He suggested that instead of the courthouse, we get married at the rose garden in front of the Old Mission Church - a suggestion that we gladly accepted after checking out photos on the internet. The location was more meaningful to our family (a happy compromise to not having it done actually inside a church - which can be a very lengthy process for Catholics). He was very enthusiastic about the exchange of garlands - which is an essential part of Indian weddings. He helped us choose our readings. Overall it was really easy to work with him... he was amenable to last minute changes and kept us going with his delightful sense of humor.

On the day of the wedding...
    On the day of the wedding, we arrived a few minutes behind schedule. He helped our family get situated and took the time to learn the names of our wedding party. Throughout the ceremony he was very warm and funny. He struck the right note and his words had me in tears. The exchange of rings and garlands were our favorite part. Overall we were super delighted and would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Santa Barbara area and looking for a Minister who really cares and also has an amazing sense of humor.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

This wonderful couple failed to mention that at the very end of the ceremony when they had their first kiss and their guests were applauding, the ENTIRE Rose Garden Park people who were there for many reasons and play times, broke into applause also. About 50 to 60 unintended guests celebrated them. It was magical.

Teresa · Married on 05/21/2016

Father Jerry is a dream come true! I can't tell you how incredibly helpful he was to me during this process. My family is VERY Catholic so it was important for me to get married physically in the church. However, I REALLY wanted my ceremony at the same venue as my wedding reception. Father Jerry helped me think through the issues immediately. I ended up getting married in the church with just family on Friday and having a ceremony with Father Jerry at the venue the following day. He was extremely flexible and found unique ways to make our ceremony "Catholic-lite". He added a few suggestions that were really different and memorable! He is so sweet, responsive, funny, and lovable. After our ceremony, we had TONS of guests tell us that he was the BEST officiant they had ever witnessed. We felt the exact same way. There were times when our guests were almost in tears and where they were all laughing. I can't recommend him highly enough. I ADORE him!

Sent on 06/08/2016

We live in Staffordshire, UK and decided to get married just the two of us on Figueroa Mountain, Los Olivos, California on 18th May 2016. We have visited the area frequently and it is a special place for us.

Father Jerry was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding and made the day even more special. When we were looking for an officiant his profile shone out to us and we are so pleased that it was him who joined us in matrimony. He spoke to us on the phone and emailed with us before we flew out and we met him in person to discuss the ceremony a few days before. He was very helpful and answered any questions we had and made useful suggestions. He is a kind, funny, selfless man with a true heart and we will remember him and our magical day for the rest of our lives. We highly recommend Father Jerry if you are looking for an officiant, in fact we will miss him!

Sent on 05/31/2016

RHEA AND ZOOIE · Married on 05/14/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy is the best!!! From the very beginning, the communication and collaboration was amazing. Father Jerry made us feel comfortable on all fronts, from the coordinating, timeline and all the way to the very day of our wedding. With a million things running through our mind on our wedding day, we can say having him there made our day that much easier with his awesome sense of humor and keeping everybody engaged. We still remember it like it was yesterday!! :)

Sent on 06/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/22/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy did a fabulous job officiating our wedding at the Santa Barbara Courthouse on Earth Day. He really helped us envision the day and worked with us to make it special and tailored to us. He knew the ceremony site well and gave us so many ideas about the details we hadn't even thought of and basically told us not to worry he would take care of it. And he did! He made the ceremony so fun and happy and meaningful for my husband and I. He also included our family and friends and everyone complimented us on the wonderful officiant and ease and fun of the ceremony. Father Jerry has a lot of experience and knowledge behind him and it shows. We felt confident and taken care of and I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 05/01/2016
  • User6619075 · 2+ years ago

Because my husband and I both had family traveling from a ways away we opted for a intimate backyard wedding. Father Bellamy was easy to work with and made the ceremony unique to us and intimate.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Donna · Married on 04/02/2016

When we were looking for an officiant for our wedding, we stumbled upon Father Jerry via Wedding wire. With all the great reviews he has, we gave him a call and checked his availability. From the moment we spoke with him over the phone to go over our wedding plans, we already knew he would be the best officiant for our wedding. As a retired Catholic priest, he is aware of the traditional Catholic ceremonies which blended well with what we wanted to do.

We definitely recommend Father Jerry as an officiant because he provides time to talk to the couple to what they want as part of the ceremony. In the same manner, he also provides inputs and ideas to what would make the ceremony memorable. During our wedding in the Santa Barbara courthouse - Mural Room, he kept our ceremony solemn and our guest in a light mood with his jokes. We are very happy with our wedding ceremony because it was a mix of the traditional catholic ceremony but catered to how we want things to be.

All our guest raved about our ceremony and how they loved Father Jerry as an officiant. We highly recommend Father Jerry to any couple who would have their wedding! :)

Sent on 04/19/2016