Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 6
Father Jerry Bellamy 7
  • Bessie Bradshaw

Bessie · Married on 08/11/2016

Father Jerry was perfect for us. I found him through Wedding Wire, read his reviews, and decided to give him a call. Working with Father Jerry was an easy process, especially during stressful wedding days! Guest at our wedding said that they really liked our ceremony. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Jill · Married on 07/27/2016

Father Jerry was a splurge for our simple elopement, but he was worth it! He did a great job with personalizing our service and impressed everyone that participated in our ceremony.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Jill, your wedding was almost a year ago. Thank you for remembering and taking the time to share your thoughts. It was an elopement but both of you had such a wonderful effect on everyone who saw you and I am sure that is the same now, a year later. Blessings, Father Jerry Bellamy
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 07/17/2016

Father Jerry was the perfect choice for our wedding. With both my husband and I's parents coming from religious backgrounds, and myself and my husband being non-religious, Father Jerry was the perfect balance to bring everyone together. With our wedding taking place on a vineyard, we had a very specific idea of what we wanted the ceremony to look like and Father Jerry accommodated us with all of our requests as well as throwing in some valuable suggestions. On the day, the ceremony went perfectly, with guests from all over the world saying it was one of the best they had seen.

Also, with us living out of the country, we wanted to make sure that we were completely comfortable with all the details for the big day. Father Jerry was in constant contact with us and was professional from start to end. We couldn't recommend him enough.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Lucia · Married on 06/18/2016

Father Jerry celebrated our wedding at the beach, he was so amazing!!! We couldn't ask for more!
    He showed up with his cool vest and turquoise glasses and his words and his good and positive energy made our wedding amazing ! Everybody was happy and liked him!
    I'm so happy to racomande him to a couple that want to get married , for sure he will make their day special and amazing .
    I know father Jerry from long time and I knew his wonderful personality but he surprise me more in a good way for the wedding!
    He is very professional .
    My and my husband we were so happy to have choose him .
    We love father Jerry !!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Before the wedding...
    I found Fr. Jerry on the wedding wire while I was waiting to hear back from SB courthouse. After I had the initial phone call with him, we decided that it would be so much more better to get married by Fr. Jerry with whom we could craft a meaningful ceremony, than by doing it at the courthouse. I am Indian and raised catholic. My husband is Ethiopian and raised orthodox christian. So you can imagine that between us, we have different flavors of Christianity as well as different cultural aspects to the ceremony. Fr. Jerry helped us craft it all together into a beautiful ceremony. He suggested that instead of the courthouse, we get married at the rose garden in front of the Old Mission Church - a suggestion that we gladly accepted after checking out photos on the internet. The location was more meaningful to our family (a happy compromise to not having it done actually inside a church - which can be a very lengthy process for Catholics). He was very enthusiastic about the exchange of garlands - which is an essential part of Indian weddings. He helped us choose our readings. Overall it was really easy to work with him... he was amenable to last minute changes and kept us going with his delightful sense of humor.

On the day of the wedding...
    On the day of the wedding, we arrived a few minutes behind schedule. He helped our family get situated and took the time to learn the names of our wedding party. Throughout the ceremony he was very warm and funny. He struck the right note and his words had me in tears. The exchange of rings and garlands were our favorite part. Overall we were super delighted and would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Santa Barbara area and looking for a Minister who really cares and also has an amazing sense of humor.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

This wonderful couple failed to mention that at the very end of the ceremony when they had their first kiss and their guests were applauding, the ENTIRE Rose Garden Park people who were there for many reasons and play times, broke into applause also. About 50 to 60 unintended guests celebrated them. It was magical.

Teresa · Married on 05/21/2016

Father Jerry is a dream come true! I can't tell you how incredibly helpful he was to me during this process. My family is VERY Catholic so it was important for me to get married physically in the church. However, I REALLY wanted my ceremony at the same venue as my wedding reception. Father Jerry helped me think through the issues immediately. I ended up getting married in the church with just family on Friday and having a ceremony with Father Jerry at the venue the following day. He was extremely flexible and found unique ways to make our ceremony "Catholic-lite". He added a few suggestions that were really different and memorable! He is so sweet, responsive, funny, and lovable. After our ceremony, we had TONS of guests tell us that he was the BEST officiant they had ever witnessed. We felt the exact same way. There were times when our guests were almost in tears and where they were all laughing. I can't recommend him highly enough. I ADORE him!

Sent on 06/08/2016

We live in Staffordshire, UK and decided to get married just the two of us on Figueroa Mountain, Los Olivos, California on 18th May 2016. We have visited the area frequently and it is a special place for us.

Father Jerry was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding and made the day even more special. When we were looking for an officiant his profile shone out to us and we are so pleased that it was him who joined us in matrimony. He spoke to us on the phone and emailed with us before we flew out and we met him in person to discuss the ceremony a few days before. He was very helpful and answered any questions we had and made useful suggestions. He is a kind, funny, selfless man with a true heart and we will remember him and our magical day for the rest of our lives. We highly recommend Father Jerry if you are looking for an officiant, in fact we will miss him!

Sent on 05/31/2016

RHEA AND ZOOIE · Married on 05/14/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy is the best!!! From the very beginning, the communication and collaboration was amazing. Father Jerry made us feel comfortable on all fronts, from the coordinating, timeline and all the way to the very day of our wedding. With a million things running through our mind on our wedding day, we can say having him there made our day that much easier with his awesome sense of humor and keeping everybody engaged. We still remember it like it was yesterday!! :)

Sent on 06/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/22/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy did a fabulous job officiating our wedding at the Santa Barbara Courthouse on Earth Day. He really helped us envision the day and worked with us to make it special and tailored to us. He knew the ceremony site well and gave us so many ideas about the details we hadn't even thought of and basically told us not to worry he would take care of it. And he did! He made the ceremony so fun and happy and meaningful for my husband and I. He also included our family and friends and everyone complimented us on the wonderful officiant and ease and fun of the ceremony. Father Jerry has a lot of experience and knowledge behind him and it shows. We felt confident and taken care of and I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 05/01/2016
  • User6619075 · 2+ years ago

Because my husband and I both had family traveling from a ways away we opted for a intimate backyard wedding. Father Bellamy was easy to work with and made the ceremony unique to us and intimate.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Donna · Married on 04/02/2016

When we were looking for an officiant for our wedding, we stumbled upon Father Jerry via Wedding wire. With all the great reviews he has, we gave him a call and checked his availability. From the moment we spoke with him over the phone to go over our wedding plans, we already knew he would be the best officiant for our wedding. As a retired Catholic priest, he is aware of the traditional Catholic ceremonies which blended well with what we wanted to do.

We definitely recommend Father Jerry as an officiant because he provides time to talk to the couple to what they want as part of the ceremony. In the same manner, he also provides inputs and ideas to what would make the ceremony memorable. During our wedding in the Santa Barbara courthouse - Mural Room, he kept our ceremony solemn and our guest in a light mood with his jokes. We are very happy with our wedding ceremony because it was a mix of the traditional catholic ceremony but catered to how we want things to be.

All our guest raved about our ceremony and how they loved Father Jerry as an officiant. We highly recommend Father Jerry to any couple who would have their wedding! :)

lory · Married on 03/26/2016

Hey future brides and grooms ! Thank you father Bellamy for officiating our wedding at Trump National Palos Verdes California .
    If you prefer to have a wedding officiated by the most professional and flexibile priest then you shall really look for Father Bellamy !
    We only arranged everything by phone since we are from Florida and everything was perfect as expected !
    A religious men , yet romantic and funny, Father Bellamy may content and inspire in life every bride and groom and also your guests!
    Good luck to you !
    Again thank you much Father Bellamy for being part of our wedding ! May you blessed thousands of couple more :-))) in the future !
    Lory S .Cutri

Kent and Dia · Married on 03/24/2016

Father Jerry is awesome!! He made the process really easy and had great insight when putting together our ceremony, which was one of a blended family coming together as one. He made the ceremony fun and all of our guests loved him. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for someone to marry you !!! Two thumbs up.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Father Bellamy performed an excellent ceremony. We contacted him the day before the wedding through a referral from a friend. My dream was to have a beach wedding but because I was not familiar with the area did not know how to make this possible. Father Bellamy helped me find a place to make my dreams come true the day before the ceremony, performed an amazing ceremony and overall was a pleasure to work with. I have to thank Father Bellamy for his amazing service and helping my special day very memorable.

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 03/12/2016

Father Jerry is great to work with, enthusiastic, easy to contact. He gave us ideas for our ceremony that turned out better than we would have hoped. We had a beautiful ceremony performed by Father Jerry. I highly recommend him as an officiant!

Sent on 04/26/2016
  • User6620145 · 2+ years ago

We had such a great wedding experience and Father Jerry really took control of the day and helped us through it. I was having panic attacks during the ceremony and he was very sweet to me and helped me get through the ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in Santa Barbara or in California. You don’t meet men with hearts like his very often, good intentions and fun for the whole family.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Lucy · Married on 01/09/2016

We recently got married in the clock tower at the Santa Barbara courthouse. Father Jerry gave both a delightful and very meaningful ceremony. After the ceremony, we received lots of compliments on the Godly philosophies that Father Jerry imparted. He was very thoughtful, encouraging, and humorous. He put us at ease and made the entire process seamless. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Kate · Married on 12/12/2015

Where do I begin? I’ve known Father Jerry for quite a long time, first meeting him during the 5 years I worked at a resort in Santa Barbara. During that time I saw Father Jerry meet with numerous couples (preplanning for the wedding at the hotel I believe). I loved the way he conversed with each couple he spoke to. Over the years I heard many reviews of Father Jerry from many of these couples. This is why I would always joke with him that “someday I hope you can officiate my wedding”. So after “Mr. Right” popped the question, I immediately called Father Jerry and asked him if he would do the honor of officiating our special day. He immediately said yes of course. I am so thankful that he was able to do it for us, I do not think anyone could have done a better ceremony than Father Jerry. His professional demeanor and kind personality along with his many years of experience officiating ceremonies make him the perfect man for the job.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Aroldo · Married on 11/27/2015

We had our wedding in Santa Barbara, with most of our family traveling from Los Angeles, CA. We wanted to make sure that our ceremony was conducted in both English and Spanish and were pleased to converse with Father Jerry in both languages. We knew that our traditional minded grand parents present would feel comfortable with his inclusion of some Catholic traditions. Father Jerry is very knowledgable as far as the proceedings go, and walked us through the entire process, which made this part of the wedding planning process very much stress free. He laid out different options for the ceremony and allowed us to pick and choose which ones we liked best. Our wedding party and lots of our guests commented on what a great job he did, and how the wedding didn't feel like it dragged. He was entertaining, making the ceremony very enjoyable.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Brenda · Married on 11/14/2015

Our wedding was on November 2015 in Los Angeles and our ceremony was nothing less than PERFECT!

Father Jerry was amazing from the start, he was very detailed and that eased our nerves. Before the ceremony, he sent us a detailed time line so we knew exactly what was going to happen.

During the ceremony, all of his words resonated with us. It truly felt like a friend was talking about us and to us. There was a moment where he asked us to take a moment and look around at the beauty of it all. It was a wonderful moment because we both really were able to enjoy the view.

It was perfect and the plus is that he's bilingual! It also doesn't hurt that he's very photogenic.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shucks - Remember that your wedding was so beautiful because of the two of you. Your ceremony simply reflected your relationship. As for the photographs of me, any credit belongs to the photographer. I totally asked her to use photo shop to give me a nice halo and remove wrinkles . . . Hugs, Father Jerry

Susan · Married on 10/24/2015

What a Blessing finding father Jerry Not only did we love him. Our family and friends just loved him. Father Jerry was sincere he was our answer to prayer when we were looking to find the perfect person to marry us. Me the bride being non denomination and groom being Catholic. I would say God found the perfect one. Thank you father Jerry for making things so smooth and perfect for us!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding! (We quite possibly could have received more compliments from our guests about Father Jerry than anything else at the wedding.) He really took the time to get to know us, our style and spiritual beliefs, and he officiated the ceremony with the perfect blend of humor, spirituality, love and Spanish (per our request since many of our guests speak the language)! If you want to feel at ease during your ceremony and you want your guests to feel included (and entertained), I highly recommend Father Jerry. :)

Sent on 11/24/2015

Joseph · Married on 10/17/2015

We had Father Jerry for our October wedding in Solvang this past year. I'll make this simple: Father Jerry was wonderful and exceeded our expectations! He officiated a mutual friend's wedding years prior and we booked him immediately the following year. A little about Father Jerry. He's super funny, charismatic, a crafty veteran who has his own style. Every wedding's different because he takes the time to evaluate each couple and custom fit their preferences. Since he's a seasoned officiant, he's been through it all, and can effortlessly make transitions smoothly. He's always on his toes and makes sure every detailed is covered. Also, I loved how his humor can break the ice and make ceremonies a fun atmosphere. In conclusion, I highly would recommend Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2015

Father Bellamy's extensive experience as a wedding officiant is extremely evident in his work! He is organized and detail-oriented throughout the planning process, which we really appreciate. When we met Father Jerry in person, he walked us through the entire ceremony step by step. He provided helpful suggestions based on his experience but at the same time was open and flexible to our input and preferences. On the day of the event, he was both prepared and professional. His style of incorporating both humor and spirituality into an overarching emphasis on love was perfect for us and our guests.

Thanks, Father Jerry!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

We hired Father Jerry to be the officiant at our wedding at the Santa Barbara courthouse. My wife and I came in prepared to be married but not much more than that. He helped us orchestrate a fantastic ceremony in a very low key manner. We met with Ft. Jerry once for about an hour several days before to essentially plan the entire ceremony. Would definitely recommend him. He was very popular with our guests, as well.

Sent on 10/04/2015