Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 5
Father Jerry Bellamy 6
Father Jerry Bellamy 7

Megan · Married on 07/17/2017

I cannot say enough lovely things about Father Jerry. We found him online and he was very communicative over telephone until we met in person. He paid attention to detail, tailored our wedding to fit us as a couple, and blended spirituality and religion beautifully for our families (one Catholic and one non-practicing). It's been a month since our ceremony, and our guests continue to talk about how he presented himself as if he knew us for so much longer than a few emails and one face to face meeting. Our families talk about our wedding and how he captured our day perfectly: a celebration of love. He is more expensive than others, but modify your budget because this is the part of your day people will remember. A couple at our wedding had their officiant say the wrong name for the groom, and no one wants that to happen. We are so happy to have found him and that he officiated the first day of our new life. -The Rossiters

Sent on 08/22/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Megan and Nick - thank you for your kind comments. But do remember that your ceremony was such a success because of the two of you. I had the honor of participating, but it was you - - - - - I hope future brides and grooms can meet both of you some day. Blessings and sincere joy. Father Jerry

Tristan · Married on 06/20/2017

I wanted to thank Father Jerry for being the best officiant in our small intimate wedding in the Mural Room of Santa Barbara Courthouse on 06/20/17. We chose him based on the online reviews they posted about him and yes he's the best and he will not disappoint! His humor and wisdom gave color and meaning to our already wonderful union of love as husband and wife. His message to us and the way he handled our special day will always be memorable to us and our family. Given our hectic schedule, he was able to work with us through phone and it turned out perfect! On the day itself, he reminded us to relax and would reassure us every step of the way. Overall, I would not have it any other way. Thank you so much Father Bellamy!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Shirley · Married on 06/09/2017

Hi from: Johnny & Shirley R.
    First of all I would like to say "Thank you, Father Jerry - You were WONDERFUL" !!
    My husband & I wanted our matrimony to be a religious & happy event both. In our religion marriage is a HOLY Sacrament. Now we just wanted a small family event that we could do soon, and Father Jerry was totally wonderful in helping us with our entire venue for the day. In addition Father Jerry is a former full time Catholic Priest so he was totally knowledgeable in our beliefs & expectations for our beautiful ceremony at ... the Santa Barbara Mission Rose Garden. What was also a Blessing to us was that Father Jerry is so well known in the community of Santa Barbara that it turns out after chatting with him, we come to find out he's actually married other family members of ours that live out there, and we're not from SB. Small world, or just a very Loved, & well known Pastor? If you're looking for a person to perform your wedding who will bring pure JOY & Sunshine to your very special day, I sincerely and TRULY recommend him. Even if you are not so religious & your beliefs are your own special reasons, still he is very versatile and very reasonable as well. Which is what you need, someone who truly cares about YOU. He will respond to you very quickly, or personally answer his phone, and he tells you from the top what his fee will be & what you need to do, explains things very simply. It'll be a breeze. I'd love to rate him 10+ (but this site only goes to 5) ! Well... I hope this helps some lovebirds reading this, & again "Thank you, Father Jerry Bellamy

Sent on 07/08/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shirley and Johnny - even though there were not a lot of people present at your wedding, everyone there knew they are essential to your relationship and really loved. What a great couple you are. Yes, you only get married one time and your ceremony is the most important element of your wedding day. The clothing and surroundings and rings and food can be really nice, but the ceremony is the heart of it all. I look forward to seeing you again. I perform weddings everywhere in CA, but I am not "going anywhere"..... Father Jerry

Charles · Married on 06/03/2017

We live in Florida and planned a wedding in Santa Barbara so logistics were key to a smooth ceremony. An added complication was a desire for both a Catholic and Jewish wedding. Fr Bellamy pulled it all together, found us a wonderful cantor, and together they performed a ceremony that had the perfect balance of tradition and love. Together they made it what it should have been, a day to remember joyously forever.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Curtis · Married on 05/28/2017

Father Bellamy did such a wonderful job officiating our wedding on 5/28/17 in Moorpark, CA at the beautiful Eden Gardens. He is bilingual and really put together a great ceremony for all those in attendance. His humor and charm really added to the ceremony and we got nothing but compliments on how the ceremony went. We highly recommend Father Bellamy, he is a true professional.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Cecy and Curt - what great friends made up your wedding party, guests and family. While we spent months preparing everything, still the unexpected things happened during the wedding that really made for great memories. Nobody was uptight during the ceremony and all were able to really enjoy the 25 minutes. You only get married one time. You made it perfect. Father Jerry

Matt · Married on 05/20/2017

Father Jerry has done an excellent job with our wedding,and I couldn't have been more happy. He made this a truly special day for us, and we will always remember Father Jerry for his professionalism, but also his great sense of humor which made us feel very good and comfortable on our special day. Decades of experience, combined with a great and likable personality, Father Jerry is a great choice for a wedding minister.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Amy · Married on 04/30/2017

We had father Jerry officiate our wedding at Belmond El Encanto this past spring. We cannot be happier with the ceremony and our in laws were impressed with the touching and entertaining speech he gave during the ceremony. There were a lot of laughters and of course some tears. Our wedding cannot be any more more perfect because of father Jerry. Thank you so much for the unforgettable moments we will cherish for the rest of our lives. If you are looking for an officiant that will make your day more than perfect, father Jerry is certainly the one!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Amy and Josh - thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your wedding took place at the beautiful Belmond El Encanto in Santa Barbara. Everything was perfect that day. I remember the smiles on your faces after all of the nerves just fell away as we started the ceremony. It was like you had stepped into a SAFE ZONE in front of me. You were able to concentrate on your love for each other and there were no worries or concerns. You were really floating. Merry Christmas Father Jerry Bellasmy

Rachel · Married on 04/08/2017

Father Jerry helped make my ceremony perfect! The main things that stood out to me were the added humor be brought in and how he included our crowd. Everyone was raving about him after the ceremony. I absolutely recommend him if your looking for a stress free process.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Antonia · Married on 04/08/2017

We were so thrilled to have Father Jerry Bellamy officiate our wedding! We really enjoyed working with him and he helped to make our interfaith wedding ceremony unique and personal. Our guests really enjoyed our ceremony and made a point to tell us how unique and warm it was. We are so pleased with how our wedding ceremony turned out!

My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic, so we were clueless about how to incorporate both faiths into our wedding ceremony. In fact, the ceremony seemed like one of the biggest challenges when we first began planning our destination wedding. Luckily, we were able to book Father Jerry to co-officiate our ceremony with Rabbi Barry Tuchman. They took a lot of the stress out of planning the interfaith ceremony and were integral to helping us design a ceremony that incorporated our faiths.

From the beginning, Father Jerry was very helpful in guiding us through the process. He spent a lot of time talking with us during our first phone call and then met with us in person to create a detailed plan for our wedding ceremony. Father Jerry has a lot of experience officiating weddings and gave us a lot of helpful advice regarding which aspects of the Catholic mass would blend well with the Jewish traditions. He also worked closely with Rabbi Barry to incorporate the Catholic and Jewish traditions and it’s clear that they have experience co-officiating weddings together.

Father Jerry worked very well with Rabbi Barry and the two have a great chemistry together. They are both very open-minded about interfaith ceremonies and are very knowledgeable about blending faiths to create a cohesive ceremony. For the ceremony, the two stood side-by-side and incorporated their respective parts of seamlessly. Father Jerry and Rabbi Barry also both have a great sense of humor and did a great job of making our guests feel comfortable. Our ceremony was fantastic and we really enjoyed working with Father Jerry!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Angelina · Married on 03/04/2017

Father Bellamy made our ceremony! He was absolutely perfect. We were unable to get married in the Catholic Church because our wedding date fell on the first weekend of lent. We were disappointed, until a friend told me about Father Bellamy. He made our ceremony perfect and specific to us and our taste and family needs. If we had it to all over again, I would absolutely choose Father Bellamy again, hands down!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Christine · Married on 02/25/2017

I was so happy to have found Father Bellamy to preside over our ceremony! My family is Catholic, but my husbands family is not, and since we had an outdoor ceremony, we really had to search far and wide, and the clouds parted and we found Father Bellamy who is a retired Catholic Priest and made my family feel acknowledged as well and making my in-laws feel very comfortable with the ceremony also. He is a very funny and entertaining person and we loved his ideas to make our ceremony even more memorable.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine, thank you for taking the time to review. It was a joy to work with both of you and your guests and family. Stay in touch. Father Jerry

Tiffany · Married on 02/24/2017

Father Jerry was easy to work with and made the entire process seamless. From start to finish he was stellar. He did a great job and felt like part of the family during our small ceremony of 15. We love father Jerry!

Sent on 03/16/2017
  • User7201659 · 2+ years ago

We're a couple from La Habra, Orange County and had a wonderful intimate wedding at Santa Barbara. Father Jerry helped us from planning and details of ceremony with great ideas. He encouraged and inspired us, such as an idea of the groom singing while I was walking down the aisle. Our guests loved it and our family from overseas -all Asians felt that the ceremony was warm, comfortable and memorable. If someone like me is reading the reviews and decide to call him, it would be one of the best choices someone can make. We're so glad that we met him and we still talk about how lucky we were to had him as our officiant.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

I wish everyone could meet this amazing couple. There were about 15 people at their ceremony and . . . . It is hard to describe how absolutely elegant everyone was. The surroundings were very humble compared to them. The groom sang beautifully. I do suggest that he should not quit his "day job". I think all of us will be life-long friends. Father Jerry

Em · Married on 11/19/2016

I was very happy to have Father Jerry Bellamy as the Officiant of our wedding ceremony. He created the perfect sermon for us and our guests - bilingual (spanish/english), humorous, with very true/touching words about marriage and love. I received many compliments from guests that they actually enjoyed the ceremony!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Megan · Married on 11/12/2016

Once you start researching officiants in Santa Barbara, you will see Father Jerry's name pop up again and again - there is a reason for this: he is fantastic! My husband and I had an intimate ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse with only our immediate family. He fit right in with our small group and put everyone at ease, telling a few jokes while we set up. Leading up to the ceremony, he was readily available to chat and answer questions. We would highly recommend Father Jerry and we really appreciated his efforts in making our ceremony so memorable and special.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Lana · Married on 10/15/2016

Father Jerry was great. He was very detailed in the ceremony planning process, which made us feel a lot more comfortable. He gave us plenty of good suggestions and ideas of how we wanted the ceremony to be. He made the ceremony very fun and unique, and we received so many compliments from guests! Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2016

Loved Father Jerry! Perfect mix of humor, professionalism, and quality of service. Having a touch of Catholicism was important to me even though we didn't want to get married in a church and he was great at giving us exactly what we were looking for at the ceremony.

Heather · Married on 10/09/2016

We were planning our Santa Barbara wedding from out of town (Redwood City, CA) so didn't know any local officiants. Father Jerry had great reviews so we set up a meeting with him while we were traveling through a few months before the wedding. Father Jerry was very thorough in our meeting and was genuinely interested in making sure our ceremony reflected our personalities and religious backgrounds (Buddhist/Christian). He also had great suggestions for musicians and other vendors in the Santa Barbara area that would work well with our venue which was the Mural Room at the historic Santa Barbara Courthouse. Father Jerry was a wealth of information and very helpful during the entire planning process which was a relief when planning a destination wedding. The ceremony was heartfelt and everyone commented on how meaningful it was. If you want your wedding ceremony to go off without a hitch than look no further than Father Jerry.

Sent on 10/24/2016

We had our wedding in Los Angeles in an outdoor garden style venue. My now wife and I were both raised Catholic so we wanted a religious aspect included in the ceremony to satisfy our parents and family members who our religious. Father Bellamy did an excellent job. He kept our guests engaged and added some light humor so not to make things so serious. The process was very simple from our meeting to the actual ceremony..it could not have been any easier and stress free. We highly recommend him for your special day. He met all our expectations!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy is fantastic!! Being a 4th generation Santa Barbarian, it was something special to find him and learn how deeply rooted he also is in my hometown. Father Jerry is an icon! We shared stories of how our paths have crossed amongst many of the same people we know; I simply love that he was available to perform our wedding. He is very organized (like me!) and was genuinely interested in learning about my fiancé and I beforehand. He put our nerves at ease by letting us know he would guide us through the ceremony, and he did! Our meeting was thorough and his detailed summary of how the day would unfold was priceless. I cannot leave out how funny he is! Many of our guests after the ceremony commented to us about how much they enjoyed him. He really made the best day of our lives something extra special. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Niclas · Married on 09/27/2016

We planned out wedding that was set in L.A all the way from Sweden witch made it quite hard since we could not meet any of our vendors before the wedding. Jerry´s fast response was a huge help and he was so kind and helpful.

Honestly, if you are looking for a wedding officiant in the Cali area I can´t think there is anyone more professional, warm and friendly then Jerry.

All of our guest loved him as well!

Niclas and Katarina from Stockholm Sweden.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Niclas and Katarina - I hope that the both of you know how wonderful you are. We were unable to meet before your ceremony, given your travel schedule. But our long distance telephone planning did us well. I will always remember your panic call before the wedding wanting to know what to write in your letter to Katarina. All I did was encourage you to say what you were feeling - silly or not. Blessings in your lives. Yes, I hope to come to Sweden and take you up on your offer or a tour.....Father Jerry

Elizabeth · Married on 09/16/2016

We can't say enough about how wonderful Father Jerry was in officiating our recent wedding! We are from Los Angeles and had our wedding at the Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara. He met with us several months prior to the wedding and presented us with a variety of options for how we could conduct the ceremony. Several of the suggestions he made ended up making the ceremony so much more personal while also feeling true to tradition (which was exactly what we wanted). He also managed to make both of our families feel comfortable and included (we come from different religious backgrounds, one of us coming from a family that is strongly Catholic and the other from a family that is strongly evangelical Christian). Father Jerry brought so much warmth, experience, and charm to the wedding that we feel he would be great for almost anyone looking for an officiant, but especially if you are a couple like us with one family that is Catholic and another family that comes from a different religious background, you definitely want Father Jerry!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Matt · Married on 08/19/2016

You worry when you see nothing but 5 star ratings that this guy is a scam. All robots writing generic reviews. Then he calls you back and you realize what a great guy Jerry is and that's why he has great reviews. He made everybody at the ceremony laugh including us. My Dad always said "you get what you pay for" and with Jerry you get a deal. If you want to have your cousin get ordained for $30 online, expect a $30 ceremony. I'm sure it'll be good...but it won't be great. Do you really want the dollar menu for your wedding? Jerry was both professional and humorous. Combining my Atheism with my wife's Catholicism I thought was going to be difficult but he made it a breeze and I didn't feel like I was attending mass. Father Jerry did an amazing job and I'm passing on his info to every engaged couple I know.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Matt and Chris: I am really humbled by your review. You and your guests are such great people. Nobody was "zoned out", Everyone there really wanted to be there. Your love for each other just spilled out over everyone. Your wedding ceremony success was much more than the sum of its parts. It was more . . . . Father Jerry

Cybele · Married on 08/16/2016

We had such a wonderful wedding this August in Camarillo with Father Jerry as our officiant! It couldn't be better! We actually just met Father Jerry in person a few days before our wedding as we live in the Netherlands and choose Father Jerry via Weddingwire and a wonderful telephone call. We immediately felt a click with him and had so much fun before and during the wedding. He is very openminded, friendly and has a good sense of humor! Love this man!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Certainly, keeping to tradition, the Netherlands always sends their very best. How blessed I was to be allowed to participate in your wedding. I am better for it. You really "rocked". Father Jerry

Aiko · Married on 08/13/2016

I am SO SO glad I found Father Jerry on Wedding Wire (and Yelp!). The reviews of past brides did not let me down as everyone has raved about working with Father Jerry. He certainly did not disappoint and is worth every penny! My husband and I planned our wedding in Somis, CA from the Bay Area where we both lived. We booked the majority of our vendors over the phone and from the moment I spoke to Father Jerry, I knew that he would bring something special to our wedding. I'm Catholic and wanted to incorporate some Catholic elements into our wedding to make my mom happy (she REALLY wanted a church wedding for me). My non-Catholic husband and I found the venue of our dreams so we talked to Father Jerry about a Catholic-lite ceremony - we incorporated the coins, rope and prayer which worked out really well for us. The thing we most appreciate about Father Jerry is his suggestion to write personal letters to each other (instead of vows), which he then read on our behalf during our ceremony. People LOVED that part of our ceremony. And Father Jerry kept folks laughing throughout our ceremony with his funny jokes. Serioulsy, we got so many compliments from our guests afterwards about Father Jerry and how much they enjoyed our ceremony. I HIGHLY recommend Father Jerry to any couple. Many thanks to Father Jerry for making our ceremony meaningful, funny and memorable! =)