Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 3
Father Jerry Bellamy 4
Father Jerry Bellamy 5

Steven · Married on 09/10/2017

Father Bellamy was an absolute delight to have officiate our wedding. He was accommodating and friendly, met with us on two separate occasions to ensure our wants and needs for the big day. Jerry brings experience and is able to truly capture the nature of the bride and groom, sharing the union with all those who attend.

Sent on 09/21/2017

ASHLEY · Married on 09/09/2017

As the Mother of the Bride, my decision making in the wedding planning process was minimal, at best. However, the one thing I put my foot down for was the need for a professional officiant. I googled around and found Father Jerry, who appealed to me immediately. He spoke with the Bride and Groom and won them over too.

He was amazing!! He was funny with just the right amount of religious injections, and interjected Spanish phases through out the ceremony for our many Spanish speaking guests. Given that he had very little to go from, he improvised beautifully and really made the ceremony memorable. I highly recommend Father Jerry to any of you parents who find this part of the wedding to be as important as I did. Thank you Father Jerry.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your interest and support to your children is exactly what many couples appreciate. I spent 12 full years of seminary training, actually located in the seminary, before ordination in 1972. Our education was extensive, as you can imagine. I have been able to bring the fruit of that training into the over 8,000 weddings I have performed. I do not tell the couples, of all religions, what to do. I am trained to help them find their ceremony that is hiding within their relationship. It is so fun and holy. Father Jerry

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

Love Jerry! He did exactly what we want for our ceremony! He added humor when needed and also was bilingual when needed. Did a great job and highly recommend. Please see photo attached!

Father Jerry Bellamy 6
    Father Jerry Bellamy 7
    Sent on 10/14/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley and Jorge, thank you for your review and comments. Everyone there was so vibrant, alive and ready to celebrate with you. The whole thing was so fun and holy at the same time. It was an ambush.......Father Jerry

KC · Married on 09/08/2017

Father Jerry was able to fit us into his schedule on very short notice, one week to be precise. He was very easy to communicate with through phone and email. He walked us through the entire process and explained points very clearly. His ceremony was lovely and colorful, he was able to bring joyful laughter and tears. He helped us make an unforgettable memory and we will be forever grateful for performing such a wonderful ceremony!!!

Father Jerry Bellamy 8
    Sent on 10/14/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Mylene and KC, I know that there was not a lot of time for us to pull all of that together but you made it so easy. The La Purisima Mission State Park in Lompoc was a beautiful setting. Come visit in SB sometime. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Sabine · Married on 09/08/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy, the most caring and loving person. We are so grateful having had him holding our wedding ceremony. He tailor made it to our personalities, needs and taste. It was wonderful & unique...He is unique! We couldn't imagine anybody else in his place. "Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give" Thank you for being who you are!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sabine, thank you for your comments. It was so great to celebrate with the both of you. Do you remember when one of the balloons popped on the rose bush? It was meant to be that there would only be one balloon representing the both of you rather than two. Father Jerry

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

Father Jerry is a delight! We found him online and he instantly won us over with his candor and charm. He listened to everything we wanted for our wedding and made the planning simple and seamless. He is so easy to work with and made our day very special for us. We couldn't have had a better experience and can't recommend him enough!!!
    Kim & Chris

Sent on 10/02/2017

Vivian · Married on 08/27/2017

Father Jerry was Amazing!!!!! All of my family members and guest had great things to say about him. Our ceremony was filled with laughter and joy!! All my guest are still talking about how great the ceremony was. The best was being able to have a bilingual ceremony..!!!
    Father Jerry had many great ideas to help plan the ceremony and make it very personal to us! He is very flexible and respects your ideas and wishes. He will make your wedding day a dream come true..!!! He was also like a personal wedding planner... we enjoyed working with him.

Father Jerry Bellamy 9
    Father Jerry Bellamy 15
    Father Jerry Bellamy 16
    Sent on 10/27/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Vivian and Mynor - Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos. Remember how hot it was that afternoon in Malibu? The both of you were so in love with each other. I don't think that you even knew the temperature. Please come to visit some day. Father Jerry

Den · Married on 08/21/2017

We highly recommend Father Jerry. He did an excellent service with much love and honor.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Debbie · Married on 08/20/2017

Father Jerry performed a beautiful ceremony for us. He incorporated Greek traditions with my religion and it made such a wonderful ceremony.
    Thank you so much Father Jerry.
    Keep spreading the love ❤️
    Dennis and Debbie Politakis

Sent on 10/01/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/14/2017

Fr. Jerry did an outstanding job of officiating at our wedding. We decided to go to Santa Barbara to elope because we had been there a couple of times, and loved how beautiful it was. However, after having gone to a wedding at our local courthouse in the San Francisco Bay Area, I noticed that the ceremony felt very rushed, and the bride and groom didn't seem to have the opportunity to personalize it. So I decided to hire an officiant.

Fr. Jerry was everything we were looking for since we wanted someone who did elopements, spoke Spanish, and was familiar with Mexican/Catholic wedding customs. He also had a very pleasant personality and a great sense of humor.

He gave us some very helpful suggestions that really made our ceremony special, such as getting married in the Rose Garden across from the Mission, bringing roses to dedicate to our families, and reading love letters we had written to each other. But he also listened to what we wanted and respected the choices we made.

I really liked how open minded he was, and how he explained each part of the ceremony with such wisdom, from his words about the blessing to the wedding lasso and the exchange of silver coins (las arras).

He made us laugh, but there were also times where we felt so much emotion and love, it was hard to hold back the tears. Fr. Jerry really made the ceremony everything I hoped it would be. I'd highly recommend him to other engaged couples.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Christine · Married on 08/10/2017

We got married a couple of weeks ago and father Jerry was our officiant. What can we say? Simply AMAZING. He was exactly what we wanted and more. He came all the way to San Diego and we had our dream ceremony because of him. Our guests loved him and can't stop talking about him. He is super fun! Also, speaks Spanish which is a plus. Thanks father Jerry!

Father Jerry Bellamy 17
    Father Jerry Bellamy 18
    Father Jerry Bellamy 19
    Sent on 08/23/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine, thank you for taking the time to submit your feelings. Both of you and your family and guests were really wonderful. They all came from such great distances and you rewarded them all. Great job and blessings in the future. Father Jerry LA JOLLA was really beautiful that day. You and your family and guests made it PERFECT. Father Jerry

blanca · Married on 08/05/2017

I have no words to express how grateful my husband and I are with his service, everything was like a fairy tale.
    Father Jerry took the appropriate time to make that day very special, he gave us ideas to make our ceremony unforgettable.he's a very nice person with a very open mind. Thank you for that unforgettable day .

Sent on 09/21/2017

Haley · Married on 07/23/2017

Father Jerry made our ceremony amazing. We initially were drawn to him because he was willing to give a bilingual ceremony. He is so charming and kind and all our family and friends really enjoyed him! Would not have been the same without him and his recommendations and guidance throughout the process!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Haley and Octavio, you are a wonderful couple and so much fun to work with. Your ceremony was on the sand and yet it was holy and fun at the same time. Come back to Santa Barbara one day for a visit. Father Jerry

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2017

Father Jerry was the absolute best! After reading several other amazing reviews, we reached out and heard back right away. From our first phone call, we knew that we wanted Father Jerry as our officiant. He is funny, professional and so knowledgeable! Father Jerry takes the time to make sure every moment of the ceremony is exactly how you picture it and wow he delivers! Our guests were immediately complimenting how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how great our officiant was. Thank you so much Father Jerry for being so wonderful to work with and giving us our perfect ceremony!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Kimberly and Nicholas - how nice of you to take the time to write a review. Both you and your families and guests were so gracious. Now I know why you are so proud of them. Please come back and visit Santa Barbara some time. Father Jerry

Megan · Married on 07/17/2017

I cannot say enough lovely things about Father Jerry. We found him online and he was very communicative over telephone until we met in person. He paid attention to detail, tailored our wedding to fit us as a couple, and blended spirituality and religion beautifully for our families (one Catholic and one non-practicing). It's been a month since our ceremony, and our guests continue to talk about how he presented himself as if he knew us for so much longer than a few emails and one face to face meeting. Our families talk about our wedding and how he captured our day perfectly: a celebration of love. He is more expensive than others, but modify your budget because this is the part of your day people will remember. A couple at our wedding had their officiant say the wrong name for the groom, and no one wants that to happen. We are so happy to have found him and that he officiated the first day of our new life. -The Rossiters

Sent on 08/22/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Megan and Nick - thank you for your kind comments. But do remember that your ceremony was such a success because of the two of you. I had the honor of participating, but it was you - - - - - I hope future brides and grooms can meet both of you some day. Blessings and sincere joy. Father Jerry

Tristan · Married on 06/20/2017

I wanted to thank Father Jerry for being the best officiant in our small intimate wedding in the Mural Room of Santa Barbara Courthouse on 06/20/17. We chose him based on the online reviews they posted about him and yes he's the best and he will not disappoint! His humor and wisdom gave color and meaning to our already wonderful union of love as husband and wife. His message to us and the way he handled our special day will always be memorable to us and our family. Given our hectic schedule, he was able to work with us through phone and it turned out perfect! On the day itself, he reminded us to relax and would reassure us every step of the way. Overall, I would not have it any other way. Thank you so much Father Bellamy!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Shirley · Married on 06/09/2017

Hi from: Johnny & Shirley R.
    First of all I would like to say "Thank you, Father Jerry - You were WONDERFUL" !!
    My husband & I wanted our matrimony to be a religious & happy event both. In our religion marriage is a HOLY Sacrament. Now we just wanted a small family event that we could do soon, and Father Jerry was totally wonderful in helping us with our entire venue for the day. In addition Father Jerry is a former full time Catholic Priest so he was totally knowledgeable in our beliefs & expectations for our beautiful ceremony at ... the Santa Barbara Mission Rose Garden. What was also a Blessing to us was that Father Jerry is so well known in the community of Santa Barbara that it turns out after chatting with him, we come to find out he's actually married other family members of ours that live out there, and we're not from SB. Small world, or just a very Loved, & well known Pastor? If you're looking for a person to perform your wedding who will bring pure JOY & Sunshine to your very special day, I sincerely and TRULY recommend him. Even if you are not so religious & your beliefs are your own special reasons, still he is very versatile and very reasonable as well. Which is what you need, someone who truly cares about YOU. He will respond to you very quickly, or personally answer his phone, and he tells you from the top what his fee will be & what you need to do, explains things very simply. It'll be a breeze. I'd love to rate him 10+ (but this site only goes to 5) ! Well... I hope this helps some lovebirds reading this, & again "Thank you, Father Jerry Bellamy

Sent on 07/08/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shirley and Johnny - even though there were not a lot of people present at your wedding, everyone there knew they are essential to your relationship and really loved. What a great couple you are. Yes, you only get married one time and your ceremony is the most important element of your wedding day. The clothing and surroundings and rings and food can be really nice, but the ceremony is the heart of it all. I look forward to seeing you again. I perform weddings everywhere in CA, but I am not "going anywhere"..... Father Jerry

Charles · Married on 06/03/2017

We live in Florida and planned a wedding in Santa Barbara so logistics were key to a smooth ceremony. An added complication was a desire for both a Catholic and Jewish wedding. Fr Bellamy pulled it all together, found us a wonderful cantor, and together they performed a ceremony that had the perfect balance of tradition and love. Together they made it what it should have been, a day to remember joyously forever.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Curtis · Married on 05/28/2017

Father Bellamy did such a wonderful job officiating our wedding on 5/28/17 in Moorpark, CA at the beautiful Eden Gardens. He is bilingual and really put together a great ceremony for all those in attendance. His humor and charm really added to the ceremony and we got nothing but compliments on how the ceremony went. We highly recommend Father Bellamy, he is a true professional.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Cecy and Curt - what great friends made up your wedding party, guests and family. While we spent months preparing everything, still the unexpected things happened during the wedding that really made for great memories. Nobody was uptight during the ceremony and all were able to really enjoy the 25 minutes. You only get married one time. You made it perfect. Father Jerry

Matt · Married on 05/20/2017

Father Jerry has done an excellent job with our wedding,and I couldn't have been more happy. He made this a truly special day for us, and we will always remember Father Jerry for his professionalism, but also his great sense of humor which made us feel very good and comfortable on our special day. Decades of experience, combined with a great and likable personality, Father Jerry is a great choice for a wedding minister.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Amy · Married on 04/30/2017

We had father Jerry officiate our wedding at Belmond El Encanto this past spring. We cannot be happier with the ceremony and our in laws were impressed with the touching and entertaining speech he gave during the ceremony. There were a lot of laughters and of course some tears. Our wedding cannot be any more more perfect because of father Jerry. Thank you so much for the unforgettable moments we will cherish for the rest of our lives. If you are looking for an officiant that will make your day more than perfect, father Jerry is certainly the one!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Amy and Josh - thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your wedding took place at the beautiful Belmond El Encanto in Santa Barbara. Everything was perfect that day. I remember the smiles on your faces after all of the nerves just fell away as we started the ceremony. It was like you had stepped into a SAFE ZONE in front of me. You were able to concentrate on your love for each other and there were no worries or concerns. You were really floating. Merry Christmas Father Jerry Bellasmy

Rachel · Married on 04/08/2017

Father Jerry helped make my ceremony perfect! The main things that stood out to me were the added humor be brought in and how he included our crowd. Everyone was raving about him after the ceremony. I absolutely recommend him if your looking for a stress free process.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Antonia · Married on 04/08/2017

We were so thrilled to have Father Jerry Bellamy officiate our wedding! We really enjoyed working with him and he helped to make our interfaith wedding ceremony unique and personal. Our guests really enjoyed our ceremony and made a point to tell us how unique and warm it was. We are so pleased with how our wedding ceremony turned out!

My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic, so we were clueless about how to incorporate both faiths into our wedding ceremony. In fact, the ceremony seemed like one of the biggest challenges when we first began planning our destination wedding. Luckily, we were able to book Father Jerry to co-officiate our ceremony with Rabbi Barry Tuchman. They took a lot of the stress out of planning the interfaith ceremony and were integral to helping us design a ceremony that incorporated our faiths.

From the beginning, Father Jerry was very helpful in guiding us through the process. He spent a lot of time talking with us during our first phone call and then met with us in person to create a detailed plan for our wedding ceremony. Father Jerry has a lot of experience officiating weddings and gave us a lot of helpful advice regarding which aspects of the Catholic mass would blend well with the Jewish traditions. He also worked closely with Rabbi Barry to incorporate the Catholic and Jewish traditions and it’s clear that they have experience co-officiating weddings together.

Father Jerry worked very well with Rabbi Barry and the two have a great chemistry together. They are both very open-minded about interfaith ceremonies and are very knowledgeable about blending faiths to create a cohesive ceremony. For the ceremony, the two stood side-by-side and incorporated their respective parts of seamlessly. Father Jerry and Rabbi Barry also both have a great sense of humor and did a great job of making our guests feel comfortable. Our ceremony was fantastic and we really enjoyed working with Father Jerry!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Angelina · Married on 03/04/2017

Father Bellamy made our ceremony! He was absolutely perfect. We were unable to get married in the Catholic Church because our wedding date fell on the first weekend of lent. We were disappointed, until a friend told me about Father Bellamy. He made our ceremony perfect and specific to us and our taste and family needs. If we had it to all over again, I would absolutely choose Father Bellamy again, hands down!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Christine · Married on 02/25/2017

I was so happy to have found Father Bellamy to preside over our ceremony! My family is Catholic, but my husbands family is not, and since we had an outdoor ceremony, we really had to search far and wide, and the clouds parted and we found Father Bellamy who is a retired Catholic Priest and made my family feel acknowledged as well and making my in-laws feel very comfortable with the ceremony also. He is a very funny and entertaining person and we loved his ideas to make our ceremony even more memorable.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine, thank you for taking the time to review. It was a joy to work with both of you and your guests and family. Stay in touch. Father Jerry