295 Reviews for Father Jerry Bellamy

Bilingual (1)
Jewish (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)
Lutheran (1)

Father Bellamy performed our beach wedding ceremony in July. His sense of humor and bilingual skills made our wedding ceremony truly unique and enjoyable. Our guests raved about the officiant and we were thoroughly relaxed knowing we were in good hands having Father Bellamy as the officiant.

Profile Picture Guadalupe, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice for our ceremony. We are a Catholic and Protestant couple who come from extremely devout families and both of us also value our own individual religions greatly. After our initial conversation with Father Bellamy we were convinced he was THE ONE to officiate our ceremony. With his understanding of how important it was for us to have a religious ceremony that shared both catholic and protestant traditions he was able to plan a wonderful ceremony that focused on our commonalities, which turns we have a lot more in common than not :) After the ceremony we had family members from both sides express happiness, and surprise at the same time, that there were many religious elements. My 92 y/o Catholic grandmother came up to me and said her prayers had been answered and the groom's Protestant mother stated she was ecstatic that our marriage had received God's blessing.
Furthermore, he was amazing at easing everybody's nerves before the ceremony and gently took charge to make sure everything came out as planned- and it did! He also has a great sense of humor and it was a point of conversation during the reception. We highly recommend Father Bellamy

Profile Picture Zaida, 7/15/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bilingual, Catholic, Lutheran, Interfaith Ceremony

Father Bellamy provided a positive ceremony with a love centered message. So appreciative for his time and grace. Thank you

Profile Picture Carmen, 7/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We both are greatly appreciative of father Jeremy’s professionalism. Father Jeremy made sure my wife and I were relaxed through the ceremony and afterwards . We strongly recommend him .

Profile Picture DAVID, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Fr. Jerry officiated our wedding in June along with a Jewish cantor. I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. Both of us come from families that are very observant of their respective faiths. The fact that we were having an inter-faith wedding did not come easy with either family. Working with Fr. Jerry really helped us bridge the gap and try to focus on elements of the service that were shared (or at least familiar) to both religions. Throughout the service, his remarks focused heavily on inclusiveness, which really struck the right chord. He was very friendly, easy to work with, and had a lot of perspective on how other couples handled both inter-faith issues and family difficulties, such as us. It was very reassuring to hear his advice and perspective.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From our very first contact with Father Jerry, the whole process went incredibly well. My now wife and I live in Modesto, but wanted to be married on the Monterey coast. We wanted our ceremony to be small with just our adult children, my wife's mother, and a photographer. Even though it was small, and not in the church, we wanted a sprinkling of a traditional church wedding in the ceremony. More than anything, we wanted it to be about us and our love for each other. Father Jerry was simply the best person to make it all happen. Even though, due to logistics, we planned it all via telephone, we never felt worried or had any concerns that our ceremony wouldn't be what we wanted. Father Jerry's experience, suggestions, and sense of humor ultimately resulted in our perfect day! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture Mitch, 6/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jerry was fabulous! We had a beautiful wedding day in Santa Barbara at the Courthouse Sunken Gardens. Jerry was very professional, and made me and my husband feel very calm and comfortable the entire time. Our guests even commented on how much they loved Reverend Jerry!! We highly recommend him if you want a smooth and happy day! Jerry is so good! Two thumbs up for sure!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion

We are very grateful to Father Jerry Bellamy for making our wedding day perfect. Whit his kindness and dedication he showed us that marriage is a decision that will forever tie our spirits and hearths together. We cannot think of a better friend to have performed our ceremony. We will always remember how special he made us feel and can highly recommend him for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Angell, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have pulled this off the way we wanted it exactly without Fr. Jerry's help. He definitely made the ceremony complete.

Profile Picture frennie, 1/2/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Father Bellamy did a fantastic job at our Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding in December of 2017. He created a mixed denominational service (Athiest and Catholic) and made suggestions with special touches to include our families. It was a first wedding for both of us so Father Bellamy's experience and easygoing personality really helped us to relax and create a wonderful service that everyone commented on positively. Thank you Father Bellamy!

Profile Picture Karen, 12/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Christine and I live in Texas and having a destination wedding in Santa Barbara was difficult to plan at times. However, the easiest part was finding who to do the ceremony. Father Bellamy was a natural fit who provided exceptional service and enthusiasm that made our wedding ceremony better than we could have imagined. He is a true professional and knows how to take each couple’s personality, and use it to personalize a service that you will never forget. We strongly recommend Father Bellamy to anyone because we will always remember the great work he did.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I hired Father Jerry to officiate our wedding in LA. I am Catholic and my husband in Hindu, so we were doing back-to-back wedding ceremonies and wanted to make sure both of our families felt like we were giving each religion equal attention. Father Jerry spent a significant amount of time helping me to plan the ceremony and had some wonderful ideas. I wanted a light hearted ceremony that was joyful and full of love and he definitely delivered that. He was the perfect choice for our dual-religious ceremonies and I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Catholic, Single Religion

Farher Jerry was a wonderful choice for our wedding vow renewal ceremony. He adapted his sermon to our tiny event so well, it was very personal. It is an important decision who you choose to be the celebrant for such an important event, and I'm confident that you would never have any reason to regret choosing Father Bellamy :)

Profile Picture Christine , 10/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From the moment we talked with Father Jerry we knew we had picked the correct person to officiate our wedding in Topanga Canyon. During the wedding planning process he helped lessen the stress of perfecting our wedding ceremony by guiding us to pick readings and incorporating messages that reflected our personal upbringings and relationship. It is so easy to work with Father Jerry; he is knowledgeable, professional, and offers suggestions and advice to create the perfect ceremony. He truly has a way of putting you at ease during the planning process and the day of the wedding. With his guidance our ceremony was easily constructed and he helped us create memories that we will cherish for a lifetime! Father Jerry helped us create a ceremony that was warm, full of laughter, and unique. We were so pleased by how personal the ceremony was and how Father Jerry incorporated Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage and relationship perfectly. Our family and friends have continually commented on our wedding ceremony and how special it was. We give all of the credit to Father Jerry and his magical work. We are beyond grateful he officiated our wedding and could not image our wedding day without him!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Jerry made my wedding ceremony OH SO NOT BORING! The guests were cracking up laughing at his jokes, and I got so many comments about how great my officiant was. He was seriously the life of the ceremony. He also helped ease the nerves...which was much needed on my end. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Jerry is a wonderful officiant. He was always available for any questions I had and he planned our ceremony so perfectly. He helped to make our ceremony unique and personal and suggested a cord and coin ceremony as a nod to my Filipino heritage. Our guests enjoyed the ceremony and we could not stop hearing about how much people loved it. I can't express the gratitude my husband and I have for Father Jerry for making our ceremony so fun and unforgettable.

Profile Picture Bianca, 10/8/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Bellamy was amazing! Exactly what we were looking for. Our ceremony was touching and funny with just the right amount of religion we requested. We received numerous compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion

I am so glad we picked Father Jerry to be our officiant. We planned our wedding in San Luis Obispo while living in Portland, OR, but it was easy to communicate with Father Jerry over phone and email. After we had our phone call with him to plan the ceremony out, we definitely knew we had made the right choice. Everything that we thought would be so hard (choosing our vows, readings, etc.) ended up being painless and easy. He was encouraging and had great suggestions, and simplified the whole planning process for us. I could recommend Father Jerry to anyone just for that alone!

But of course, he was also an amazing officiant. We had our wedding at the Madonna Inn and I don’t think I could have dreamed up a more beautiful ceremony. It was traditional and personal, silly and emotional, and just perfect. So many people commented at our reception on how great Father Jerry was.

One of the things I love the most was that he made us pause during the ceremony and turn to face our guests, just so we could take a moment to look at all of our friends and family who were there under one roof. I am so glad he did, because although much of that day was a blur, we will have that one beautiful memory forever.

If you need an officiant, reach out to Father Jerry! He is simply the best.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Father Jerry was flexible and professional during the entire process. He performed a great ceremony that was a perfect blend of traditional and fun.

Profile Picture Bobby, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had our ceremony at the Lion's Park in Carpinteria, CA and Father Jerry helped to make our day amazing. He was able to provide us a general ceremony outline/timeline, which we really loved. He also kept the crowd and us entertained, but always made sure people understood the importance of such an occassion. I would recommend Father Jerry to any couple as he was so friendly and welcoming. He is a true professional and really enjoys being a part of union of two people in love.

Profile Picture C., 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Jerry made our wedding ceremony so unique, but also with a traditional flare. There was such an incredible vibe and amount of love that resonated from his presence and message, He also added just the right amount of humor. We've received so many compliments from people who attended the wedding.

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Bellamy was an absolute delight to have officiate our wedding. He was accommodating and friendly, met with us on two separate occasions to ensure our wants and needs for the big day. Jerry brings experience and is able to truly capture the nature of the bride and groom, sharing the union with all those who attend.

Profile Picture Steven, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

As the Mother of the Bride, my decision making in the wedding planning process was minimal, at best. However, the one thing I put my foot down for was the need for a professional officiant. I googled around and found Father Jerry, who appealed to me immediately. He spoke with the Bride and Groom and won them over too.

He was amazing!! He was funny with just the right amount of religious injections, and interjected Spanish phases through out the ceremony for our many Spanish speaking guests. Given that he had very little to go from, he improvised beautifully and really made the ceremony memorable. I highly recommend Father Jerry to any of you parents who find this part of the wedding to be as important as I did. Thank you Father Jerry.

Profile Picture ASHLEY, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Love Jerry! He did exactly what we want for our ceremony! He added humor when needed and also was bilingual when needed. Did a great job and highly recommend. Please see photo attached!

Photo for Father Jerry Bellamy Review - Love Jerry!!! He was great and all our guests loved him!
Profile Picture Ashley, 9/9/17, 1 Review