Farmstead Golf & Country Club Reviews

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 3
Farmstead Golf & Country Club 4
Farmstead Golf & Country Club 5

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our wedding at Farmstead on Saturday 7/9 and it was just absolutely amazing! I don't even know where to start, the food was amazing, the ceremony site and reception locations were perfect, and our guests just kept saying how beautiful of a venue it was! Lindsey was my wedding coordinator and the Matre'D for the day of. She was absolutely the best to work with! So friendly, responsive, and accommodating! Every little detail was cared for, and everything the day of was exactly how we had discussed via our many emails. I loved that we were able to spend the entire day there, breakfast and lunch was provided, and it felt like the place was ours the whole day while we were getting ready. Just two quick examples of how amazing Lindsey and Andrew were...during the day Andrew let me know that the tulle drapes/string lights I bought to have around the dance floor weren't long enough, so he offered to hang other string lights in between to make up the difference. The second example was that during the reception my dress had gotten stepped on and my bustle was ripped out, Lindsey insisted on fixing my bustle so I could enjoy the rest of the night, and pinned up my dress for me. These were just two little examples of how wonderful Lindsey and Andrew were, and how extremely happy we were to have our wedding at Farmstead! It was absolutely the best decision and made our wedding day everything we dreamed of. Thank you so much Lindsey and Andrew! I highly recommend having your wedding or other event at Farmstead, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Karen · Married on 06/26/2016

Had our wedding here this past weekend and I can't say enough good things about Farmstead! The grounds are gorgeous (photo op heaven) and the event coordinators Lindsey and Andrew - along with the entire staff - were a true pleasure to work with.
    Both Lindsey and Andrew were always responsive to emails and phone calls and went above and beyond to work with the chef to create a menu that was safe for my husband's severe dairy allergy. The day of the wedding both were on hand to coordinate everything and thanks to them the day flowed completely smoothly leaving me worry free to enjoy our wedding which was perfect. Now I just can't wait to get our photographs back since I know they are going to be amazing!
    Thank you again to Lindsey, Andrew and the entire Farmstead staff. And seriously do yourself a favor and check out this venue if you're in the market!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Christina · Married on 10/23/2015

When looking for a venue that was country/rustic we stumbled across Farmstead Golf and Country club. Having our wedding here was a wonderful experience. Lindsey is very easy to work with, and I had nothing to worry about besides getting ready. The food was delicious and our guests really enjoyed the grounds. We ended up getting some amazing photos because of the beautiful scenery the golf course has to offer. Best decision we made for our special day!!

Sent on 01/01/2016

From day one we were in love with this place! The staff were incredibly helpful and professional throughout the entire process. The ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception went seamlessly and when we didn't know what was coming next or what to do, the wonderful attendant Lindsay was there to assist and answer any questions. We also had our ceremony there and it was beautiful. The grounds have a rustic, vintage vibe with the silo, barn, gazebo and pond. Our photos were gorgeous because the area is absolutely beautiful, it's a great option for a venue close to Manhattan (only about an hour away) with hotels nearby. I can't say enough great things about Farmstead!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2015

The moment my husband and I showed up to Farmstead to view what they had to offer we knew right away we wanted our wedding there. I always wanted a barn/rustic wedding but could not fit 250 people in a little barn. Farmstead Country Club offers a beautiful rustic feel with wooden beams, wagon wheels, wagons, and romantic chandeliers.
    We worked with Lindsay and she was on top of everything when it came to planning. She helped us schedule tastings, seating arrangements, cake tastings, etc. The weekend of our wedding we worked with Lindsay's sister (I can't remember her name, sorry!!) because Lindsay just had her baby (congrats!). Lindsay's sister was a doll and so much fun to work with. Our rehearsal was organized and she answered all questions. The day of our wedding everything was set up perfectly and I had ZERO worries.

We got married outside on the beautiful little island. The walkway was surrounded by wildflowers and guests were taken down to their seats via golf carts. We chose to have pictures taken during cocktail hour and while guests were inside eating and drinking, cocktails and drinks were brought outside for us to enjoy as well.

The rest of the night was a blur and went by so fast, but I never, EVER had to worry about anything. Farmstead did an amazing job and I highly recommend having your wedding or event at their venue.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Farmstead Country Club was the PERFECT place for our reception. We got married on one of the hottest days of the year and the air conditioning was in full force so everyone was comfortable at the reception. The site is stunning and the service was impeccable. We were able to drop off all our decorations the day before and they assisted my aunts in helping set up the day of. Lindsey was always quick in her responses to any question I had and was so accommodating. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • F

Felisha · Married on 07/11/2015

First off my now husband and I went to dozens of venues and thought they were nice, but were not convinced. When we drove into the parking lot we already knew this was the place we would get married.

Lindsey and Andrew were the most accommodating ever and absolutely so sweet. I would recommend this venue to anyone!! Everything went perfectly and the food was amazing!!!!!! I can't think of one thing that I would change!

Sent on 07/31/2015

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out. Lindsey was great and always answered all my questions. When I first walked in to see the reception room to decorate the day before I was blown away. It was more than I ever imagined. It was amazing! I was extremely happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Gloria · Married on 05/31/2015

No regrets about this venue! Loved it and had the most perfect wedding ever! They were so responsive and helpful in every way! I wish I could get married again there. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Heather · Married on 04/19/2015

Finding a wedding venue to accommodate a smaller wedding (we chose to have only 60 guests) many places refused to even answer back my inquiry. Lyndsey and her team were so nice! She contacted me right away and was impressed from the start. We had a Sunday Wedding there on site as well as the reception. The grounds are gorgeous and our pictures were amazing! Lyndsey was so easy to work with and answered any questions I had for her promptly. The wedding day was great, she kept everything running smoothly. Our wedding day was so great, we received raving reviews over how great the food was. The staff was friendly and so accommodating to our guests. I would definitely recommend Farmstead to others who are having an event.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Susie · Married on 11/28/2014

I cannot even begin to explain how amazingly perfect The Farmstead was for our wedding.
    Lindsey is so great to work with. Every question that I had she answered so quickly and always was flexible and accommodating! You will love working with her, I promise!
    The food is soooooo good. Everyone keeps complimenting us on it. You can't go wrong with any of the menu choices.
    The venue itself is so beautiful. It has such a cozy, rustic feel, while still being a spacious and roomy. I loved the detail of the place like the beams and the fireplace, and the view from the ballroom. It's just gorgeous.
    The actual day of the wedding went so smoothly thanks to Lindsey, Andrew, and everyone at the Farmstead. There was a freak snowstorm the day of our rehearsal and we weren't able to get up there to practice the ceremony, but Lindsey made sure everything went perfect. She and Andrew even came up early early that morning the day of the rehearsal so we could drop off things before the storm got bad. The snow ended up making the place look even more magical the day of the wedding. Me and my bridesmaids were able to get ready downstairs and had a great breakfast and time to relax that day. The place was perfect for pictures too.
    Everything went so smoothly and I got to just relax and enjoy the whole day from start to finish without any worrying.
    The Farmstead is an amazing family owned business. They only do one wedding a day, and they give such special attention to each event. Definitely have your wedding there...you won't regret it!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Julia · Married on 06/06/2014

Farmstead is stunningly beautiful. Our wedding photos all have the most gorgeous backgrounds. Beyond its beauty, Farmstead is also dedicated to making your wedding perfect. Lindsey is very sweet and easily accessible by phone or e-mail. She works hard to make a couple's wishes for their wedding day come true, and she is also very resourceful when it comes to any handling any little snafus that pop up along the way.

The food at Farmstead is absolutely delicious and the wait staff is very professional. The wedding packages are varied, with more than fair prices, and can be customized to suit your needs.

Working with Lindsey was always easy and pleasant, and I have nothing but positive things to say about having had my wedding at Farmstead.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Juli · Married on 03/15/2014

What an AMAZING day! Lindsey was fantastic, let us plan our day exactly how we wanted it. The food was fantastic, great great great everything.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Kacey · Married on 10/26/2013

How can I put into words how amazing my wedding experience with Farmstead Golf and Country Club was? My husband (!) and I used Farmstead as both our ceremony and reception venue. The first thing I would like to say is that the venue is absolutely GORGEOUS. When our photographers arrived at Farmstead, just viewing the venue got them incredibly excited to shoot our wedding. The grounds are beautiful, especially in the fall. The contrast of the vibrant green golf course to the awesome colors of the fall leaves on the trees is just breathtaking. The inside may look a bit outdated, but I'm telling you that it is absolutely wonderful when it is decorated (and we didn't do anything extravagant).

The staff you work with when you use Farmstead are incredible. Lindsey is a joy to work with! She's so helpful, it is like having your own wedding planner without paying extra for one. The business is family owned and operated, so they actually care about whether or not you have a good time at your wedding. They only do one event each day, so all of their attention is totally focused on you and your big day. They help with any setup you may require and are extremely flexible about drop off/pick up of decorations as long as they do not have another event that day.

The food and drinks were amazing! We heard nothing but amazing compliments about our food all night long; we served the short ribs, scallops, chicken picatta, and a vegetarian selection. I ordered the scallops and my husband chose the short ribs- both were delicious and cooked perfectly. For an appetizer, we served butternut squash soup and that was amazing as well. The chef took every guest's dietary restriction into consideration during the preparation of the food and everything came out great (we did have to give them restrictions ahead of time). Lindsey also got us special beers/a signature cocktail.

People kept telling me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I fully recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Excellent Service! A total bargain!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Adam · Married on 10/05/2013

Wonderful place to get married especially in the fall, our guests had an amazing time as did we. The classy yet rustic decor was perfect for us and the food was amazing...we keep getting wonderful feedback from our guests and more than one had said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. This venue is a family run establishment and they only do one wedding a day so you don't feel rushed and the staff really makes it all about you.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2013

Lindsey and the Farmstead staff were just great to work with. I can honestly say that we had the prefect day. Not only we have prefect weather but nothing went wrong. Lindsey made My husband and I feel very comfortable along with our family and friends. She was just great to work with. We had a lot of items that we wanted as part of our wedding and not one thing was forgotten or put in the wrong place. Just a great experience. We would recommend the Farmstead to anyone.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Everything was fabulous! We really enjoyed our day, and the service was impeccable.

Sent on 07/30/2013

We had our wedding at the Farmstead on October 20th. Everything was perfect! Lindsey was the event director and she did a wonderful job. The food was great and everything looked beautiful. It was the perfect setting for our fall wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2012

The staff at Farmstead really went out of their way to make everything for our wedding wonderful. Lindsay was incredibly helpful every step of the way, quick to answer questions and eager to go the extra mile to accommodate small details for our wedding. The outdoor setting is absolutely beautiful. Inside, the exposed beams help to set a rustic but elegant setting. What really made this venue stand out was the attention they give each wedding. They only host one wedding at a time.

The food was excellent, and another area they were very willing to make accommodations. My mother is a vegetarian, and they were able to make the soup with a vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. They had no problem with us using another bakery for the cake.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who was looking for a wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Jaime · Married on 05/26/2012

Food: awesome, guests still rave about it and it was the best I've had at any large event (beyond our expectations) and we didn't choose the Farmstead for the food. The entrees, hors devours, and cake were all out of this world.

Ceremony and reception site: everything I wanted as a little girl:) we found the Farmstead by accident driving past it and instantly fell in love with the gazebo and grounds. The gazebo was the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony as it sits on a pond with lush trees and grounds all around it. There were swans swimming behind it on our wedding day! The Carriage House is a refurbished barn that has many natural elements built into the decor (xposed wood beams) and has 3 rooms for guests to enjoy. The grand stone fireplace inside makes a great back drop for pictures or a ceremony in case it rains.

Staff: Lindsey ROCKS!! She is more organized than me and I am. True type "A". She handled every request, guided everyone through each part of the day, and set the cocktail hour and reception decor just as I asked and enhanced some options better than I could have. She exceeded my expectations and was the nicest person to work with:) The staff serving my guests were also pleasant, helpful, diligent and attentive- they have an awesome team!!

I highly recommend the Farmstead- the value of what we purchased was well worth every single penny and they wer very reasonable in price.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2011

The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is rustic and relaxed, yet elegant. Lindsey was wonderful to work with and helped us organize everything and keep everything running smoothly on the wedding day. The staff was very relaxed and accommodating and we received so many compliments on the food and service. They kept the tables very clean and uncluttered throughout the evening. Since they only do one wedding per day, we were able to arrive as early as we wanted to before the ceremony, which really helped the day flow. Also, for a north Jersey wedding venue, the value for the money was exceptional.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Kimberley · Married on 09/04/2011

They were there every step of the way!! The week before my wedding was hurricane irene and the farmstead was without power for almost 5 days! They went out of there way to insure that if they did not get power back in time that my wedding would still be just as amazing! Luckly they did get power back and everything was stunning! Could not have asked for more!!! The place is stunning and the ground are breathtaking!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Erin · Married on 07/08/2011

The Phoebus family was absolutely amazing! It ended up raining, but it was truly beautiful. The staff was so helpful and flexible at making our day so special! Thank you for the best day of our lives!!!
    xoxo E

Sent on 07/13/2011

Lindsey · Married on 03/18/2011

Our wedding was beyond what we hoped for. The food was amazing and presented beautifully. The staff went above and beyond to take care of any requests. The even planner Lindsey makes planning a joy and so easy.

Sent on 04/09/2011