Farmstead Golf & Country Club Reviews

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 6
Farmstead Golf & Country Club 7
  • F

Felisha · Married on 07/11/2015

First off my now husband and I went to dozens of venues and thought they were nice, but were not convinced. When we drove into the parking lot we already knew this was the place we would get married.

Lindsey and Andrew were the most accommodating ever and absolutely so sweet. I would recommend this venue to anyone!! Everything went perfectly and the food was amazing!!!!!! I can't think of one thing that I would change!

Sent on 07/31/2015

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out. Lindsey was great and always answered all my questions. When I first walked in to see the reception room to decorate the day before I was blown away. It was more than I ever imagined. It was amazing! I was extremely happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Gloria · Married on 05/31/2015

No regrets about this venue! Loved it and had the most perfect wedding ever! They were so responsive and helpful in every way! I wish I could get married again there. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Heather · Married on 04/19/2015

Finding a wedding venue to accommodate a smaller wedding (we chose to have only 60 guests) many places refused to even answer back my inquiry. Lyndsey and her team were so nice! She contacted me right away and was impressed from the start. We had a Sunday Wedding there on site as well as the reception. The grounds are gorgeous and our pictures were amazing! Lyndsey was so easy to work with and answered any questions I had for her promptly. The wedding day was great, she kept everything running smoothly. Our wedding day was so great, we received raving reviews over how great the food was. The staff was friendly and so accommodating to our guests. I would definitely recommend Farmstead to others who are having an event.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Susie · Married on 11/28/2014

I cannot even begin to explain how amazingly perfect The Farmstead was for our wedding.
    Lindsey is so great to work with. Every question that I had she answered so quickly and always was flexible and accommodating! You will love working with her, I promise!
    The food is soooooo good. Everyone keeps complimenting us on it. You can't go wrong with any of the menu choices.
    The venue itself is so beautiful. It has such a cozy, rustic feel, while still being a spacious and roomy. I loved the detail of the place like the beams and the fireplace, and the view from the ballroom. It's just gorgeous.
    The actual day of the wedding went so smoothly thanks to Lindsey, Andrew, and everyone at the Farmstead. There was a freak snowstorm the day of our rehearsal and we weren't able to get up there to practice the ceremony, but Lindsey made sure everything went perfect. She and Andrew even came up early early that morning the day of the rehearsal so we could drop off things before the storm got bad. The snow ended up making the place look even more magical the day of the wedding. Me and my bridesmaids were able to get ready downstairs and had a great breakfast and time to relax that day. The place was perfect for pictures too.
    Everything went so smoothly and I got to just relax and enjoy the whole day from start to finish without any worrying.
    The Farmstead is an amazing family owned business. They only do one wedding a day, and they give such special attention to each event. Definitely have your wedding there...you won't regret it!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Julia · Married on 06/06/2014

Farmstead is stunningly beautiful. Our wedding photos all have the most gorgeous backgrounds. Beyond its beauty, Farmstead is also dedicated to making your wedding perfect. Lindsey is very sweet and easily accessible by phone or e-mail. She works hard to make a couple's wishes for their wedding day come true, and she is also very resourceful when it comes to any handling any little snafus that pop up along the way.

The food at Farmstead is absolutely delicious and the wait staff is very professional. The wedding packages are varied, with more than fair prices, and can be customized to suit your needs.

Working with Lindsey was always easy and pleasant, and I have nothing but positive things to say about having had my wedding at Farmstead.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Juli · Married on 03/15/2014

What an AMAZING day! Lindsey was fantastic, let us plan our day exactly how we wanted it. The food was fantastic, great great great everything.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Kacey · Married on 10/26/2013

How can I put into words how amazing my wedding experience with Farmstead Golf and Country Club was? My husband (!) and I used Farmstead as both our ceremony and reception venue. The first thing I would like to say is that the venue is absolutely GORGEOUS. When our photographers arrived at Farmstead, just viewing the venue got them incredibly excited to shoot our wedding. The grounds are beautiful, especially in the fall. The contrast of the vibrant green golf course to the awesome colors of the fall leaves on the trees is just breathtaking. The inside may look a bit outdated, but I'm telling you that it is absolutely wonderful when it is decorated (and we didn't do anything extravagant).

The staff you work with when you use Farmstead are incredible. Lindsey is a joy to work with! She's so helpful, it is like having your own wedding planner without paying extra for one. The business is family owned and operated, so they actually care about whether or not you have a good time at your wedding. They only do one event each day, so all of their attention is totally focused on you and your big day. They help with any setup you may require and are extremely flexible about drop off/pick up of decorations as long as they do not have another event that day.

The food and drinks were amazing! We heard nothing but amazing compliments about our food all night long; we served the short ribs, scallops, chicken picatta, and a vegetarian selection. I ordered the scallops and my husband chose the short ribs- both were delicious and cooked perfectly. For an appetizer, we served butternut squash soup and that was amazing as well. The chef took every guest's dietary restriction into consideration during the preparation of the food and everything came out great (we did have to give them restrictions ahead of time). Lindsey also got us special beers/a signature cocktail.

People kept telling me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I fully recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Excellent Service! A total bargain!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Adam · Married on 10/05/2013

Wonderful place to get married especially in the fall, our guests had an amazing time as did we. The classy yet rustic decor was perfect for us and the food was amazing...we keep getting wonderful feedback from our guests and more than one had said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. This venue is a family run establishment and they only do one wedding a day so you don't feel rushed and the staff really makes it all about you.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2013

Lindsey and the Farmstead staff were just great to work with. I can honestly say that we had the prefect day. Not only we have prefect weather but nothing went wrong. Lindsey made My husband and I feel very comfortable along with our family and friends. She was just great to work with. We had a lot of items that we wanted as part of our wedding and not one thing was forgotten or put in the wrong place. Just a great experience. We would recommend the Farmstead to anyone.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Everything was fabulous! We really enjoyed our day, and the service was impeccable.

Sent on 07/30/2013

We had our wedding at the Farmstead on October 20th. Everything was perfect! Lindsey was the event director and she did a wonderful job. The food was great and everything looked beautiful. It was the perfect setting for our fall wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2012

The staff at Farmstead really went out of their way to make everything for our wedding wonderful. Lindsay was incredibly helpful every step of the way, quick to answer questions and eager to go the extra mile to accommodate small details for our wedding. The outdoor setting is absolutely beautiful. Inside, the exposed beams help to set a rustic but elegant setting. What really made this venue stand out was the attention they give each wedding. They only host one wedding at a time.

The food was excellent, and another area they were very willing to make accommodations. My mother is a vegetarian, and they were able to make the soup with a vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. They had no problem with us using another bakery for the cake.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who was looking for a wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Jaime · Married on 05/26/2012

Food: awesome, guests still rave about it and it was the best I've had at any large event (beyond our expectations) and we didn't choose the Farmstead for the food. The entrees, hors devours, and cake were all out of this world.

Ceremony and reception site: everything I wanted as a little girl:) we found the Farmstead by accident driving past it and instantly fell in love with the gazebo and grounds. The gazebo was the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony as it sits on a pond with lush trees and grounds all around it. There were swans swimming behind it on our wedding day! The Carriage House is a refurbished barn that has many natural elements built into the decor (xposed wood beams) and has 3 rooms for guests to enjoy. The grand stone fireplace inside makes a great back drop for pictures or a ceremony in case it rains.

Staff: Lindsey ROCKS!! She is more organized than me and I am. True type "A". She handled every request, guided everyone through each part of the day, and set the cocktail hour and reception decor just as I asked and enhanced some options better than I could have. She exceeded my expectations and was the nicest person to work with:) The staff serving my guests were also pleasant, helpful, diligent and attentive- they have an awesome team!!

I highly recommend the Farmstead- the value of what we purchased was well worth every single penny and they wer very reasonable in price.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2011

The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is rustic and relaxed, yet elegant. Lindsey was wonderful to work with and helped us organize everything and keep everything running smoothly on the wedding day. The staff was very relaxed and accommodating and we received so many compliments on the food and service. They kept the tables very clean and uncluttered throughout the evening. Since they only do one wedding per day, we were able to arrive as early as we wanted to before the ceremony, which really helped the day flow. Also, for a north Jersey wedding venue, the value for the money was exceptional.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Kimberley · Married on 09/04/2011

They were there every step of the way!! The week before my wedding was hurricane irene and the farmstead was without power for almost 5 days! They went out of there way to insure that if they did not get power back in time that my wedding would still be just as amazing! Luckly they did get power back and everything was stunning! Could not have asked for more!!! The place is stunning and the ground are breathtaking!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Erin · Married on 07/08/2011

The Phoebus family was absolutely amazing! It ended up raining, but it was truly beautiful. The staff was so helpful and flexible at making our day so special! Thank you for the best day of our lives!!!
    xoxo E

Sent on 07/13/2011

Lindsey · Married on 03/18/2011

Our wedding was beyond what we hoped for. The food was amazing and presented beautifully. The staff went above and beyond to take care of any requests. The even planner Lindsey makes planning a joy and so easy.

Sent on 04/09/2011

Kelly · Married on 01/02/2011

Most beautiful place to have your wedding! Lindsey and staff were so helpful and professional. I didn't have to worry about at thing except for enjoying our day

Sent on 03/31/2014

Peter · Married on 08/31/2008

Had our wedding reception and pictures here and the whole event was great. Great food, staff and services.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Having our wedding here was a wonderful experience. Lindsay is very easy to work with and really took charge the day of the wedding. I had nothing to worry about besides getting ready. The food was fantastic and came in large portions. Our guests really enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and drinks.

Sent on 10/17/2012
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 09/22/2018

True professionals

Farmstead golf and country club was a beautiful wedding venue. The outdoor ceremony space instantly sold is. The golf course is beautiful and had so many photo spots. Inside, the exposed beams give it a rustic feel, and the chandeliers tie together the room for the perfect reception space. The food was FANTASTIC. It was so difficult to choose cocktail hour choices because everything sounded so mouthwatering. The dinner was exceptional and I had guests wanting to ask for seconds. Throughout the process, Lindsey was very responsive and answered every question I had via email. But the star of the Farmstead is the maitre de, Noelle. She made the wedding day absolutely seamless. From honoring my request for fried food the morning of the wedding, to making sure I knew how quickly to walk down the aisle, she was a dream. I felt no stress on my wedding day because she took care of absolutely everything!!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 8
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 9
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 10

Farmstead Golf & Country Club's reply:

Hi Casey,
    Thank you so much for the review. We always strive to make your wedding as easy and stress free as possible. Please come back and visit sometime!

Miranda · Married on 01/01/2015

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

Outside area: The venue is beautiful. When you drive onto the property, you are welcomed with a view of the pond and the ceremony area in the distance. This venue is rustic and charming. The outside property has willow trees and a pond so doesn't "scream" golf course. The ceremony space sits on "peninsula" of land surrounded by the pond. There is a gazebo and the ceremony area is well maintained and landscaped. We definitely loved this area for our ceremony. We had a beautiful ceremony outside and got gorgeous pictures.

Reception area: The building where the reception is held is rustic with dark wood accents. There is hardwood dance floor. The gold chiavari chairs look new and add to the elegance of the space.

Reponsiveness: When we first visited the venue, we met with Andrew and then Lindsey. They were friendly yet casual; they were not pretentious like some venues. Because we lived far from the venue, we communicated mostly through email and phone. I found it difficult to get a hold of someone at times. Once we booked the venue, I didn't have much contact with the venue. I am a detailed-orientated person and sometimes I found that I needed more information and explanation of the the plan with the reception like timing of ceremony and serving the entrees. The information was not as forthcoming I had wished; I had to ask a lot of questions, but Lindsey did answer my questions and overall the wedding day went smoothly.

Food: The wait staff were great on the wedding day. The food was really good at our tasting and the wedding day is was good as well. They have some good crowd pleasing entrees. I do wish there were some modern updates to the cocktail hour selection but they were all tasty and the guests were happy.

Sent on 08/04/2015