Farina's Banquet Center Reviews

8 | Berkley, MI

8 Reviews for Farina's Banquet Center

Julie · Getting married on 08/24/2019

Where do I start, this venue was simply amazing!!!! We love Brooke!! The venue also includes so so so so much. We wanted a big wedding without breaking the bank and we made it happen here!! Farina was a dream it was local, super accommodating, and a great small business. We had about 185 people, we had the family style menu which we got so so many compliments on! The fear I had about this hall was that it would be tight, but it wasn't it fit everyone! It looked amazing from the head table which was on a stage so you got to see all 185 people! We rented the whole hall, we had cocktail hour and dinner upstairs and started the dance party downstairs! It was a blast! IT also had a 3 open bars! Which on tight budget was amazing!!!! I could go on on about this place. I also want to add this was the first and only Venue we visited where I really felt like they cared about our day rather than the pay check. Also we made our own decor and they let us bring it in the week before. We also got the package that included linen which was amazing, NO STRESS! Our wedding was perfect and a big reason for that was because we went with farina’s who truly is a family! Thank you Brooke and Chris! Also thank you to all the staff we got so so many complaint on how nice and fast the wait staff and bartender were! So if you want a STRESS FREE VENUE! And one that actually cares about you pick farinas!!!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Alysa

Alysa · Married on 04/12/2014

I couldn't be happier with the venue I chose. Both Brooke and Kelly were amazing to work with. They took care of setting everything up for us, and it looked beautiful. The food was phenomenal, and I had many people commenting on how much they liked it. The staff is so nice and helpful. We were able to do many meetings and tastings before the wedding, and they helped us out with anything we needed along the way. I am so thankful to them, and so happy I had my reception here. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Mary · Married on 06/27/2009

Farina's managers were excellent. They took care of me and my bridal party. Karen and Carol were the PERFECT wedding coordinators. All I had to do was tell them my wish and they granted it. The reception was BEAUTIFUL. The food was Delicious. My guests are still talking about how lovely and elegant my wedding was 7 months later!

Sent on 01/22/2010

Catalina · Married on 07/14/2007

3.0

We had a rocky start, but the turned around and were really good.
    The day of the wedding I gave then a description of how I wanted the hall to look like, and I felt loike I had nothing to be worry about. They did a wonderful job, super helpful to us and to our guest.
    Their food is delicious!!!
    I really recomend this place!!!

Sent on 12/06/2007

3.5

Great place with great prices. The day of our wedding in august, the air broke and we were never informed. Also we were suppose to have valet parking and I found out after that we never did. Still a good place to get married though.

Sent on 02/22/2015

2.5
      2.0

Had our reception at Farinas this past month. Pre meetings went well and the free tastings were a plus. Service was done well. Food was pretty good. Overall satisfied with our night. Again, food was good and they are certainly accommodating enough. Kelly was highly visible throughout the night. She was super great. Location and valet were great. Valet is actually complimentary. Venue was a tad small for 119 people. Very clean.

Liquor was really watered down. I.e. mixed drinks. A lot of people were commenting on that. Beers are about 8-10 oz pours not 12 or 16. They do not serve drinks on the rocks nor shots at all and "Chef Carved" does not mean a carving station so that's a tad misleading. Tosti toast was a nice touch. Wedding party crammed into the side, barely able to fit everyone and couldn't move behind one another because we were up against the wall. No worries- we made it work. Our cake and dessert baker was not allowed to setup our/her dessert display. The staff broke one of her cake plates too. Also make sure you attend the tastings as there are things you may like and some you may not. One caveat is that there are not a lot of hotels in the area that are within a few minutes drive time. The options are Birmingham and Southfield

Sent on 11/10/2014

Katharine · Married on 03/22/2014

1.8
      1.0

The food was amazing. However they ran out of food and half our guest were served salad while the other were served soup. There was no aisle runner like we discuss along with the parents candle were not lit for the unity candle serves. When we were packing up thing at the end of the night they could not find any of my boxes. When I went in to talk about how my night went; the owner started attacking my guest and my self.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Farina's Banquet Center's reply:

Farina's Banquet Center prides itself on our attention to detail and our outstanding customer service. Both a soup and salad course were served for this event. Farina's does our best to make sure everyone is served in a timely manner but unfortunately not all of the guests were seated and present for all courses. The aisle runner was a mistake on our part which we apologized for and compensated the bride with a champagne toast however at the time that the ceremony began our on-site coordinator felt it more important to locate the Brides father to make sure he was present to walk her down the aisle as he was missing from the ceremony site. The lighting of the unity candle has never been part of the services we offer. We feel that is an important and special part of the ceremony and should be reserved for the parents of the bride and groom. As per the Brides instructions all boxes that were marked and labeled with her info were returned to her at the end of the evening, finally Farina's banquet center has never "attacked a client" the client was unhappy about our final decision in regards to her bill and began using profanity in our office at which point she was asked to leave. We are always happy to discuss any issues guests may have pertaining to there events here, however abusive language is not permitted in our facility.

Jean · Married on 10/07/2017

1.6
      1.0

This place was horrible. Food was gross, place is run down , staff and owners are unprofessional. Not recommend this place at all!!

Sent on 04/16/2018