FAIRY TALE AFFAIRS Reviews

59 | Massapequa Park, NY

59 Reviews for FAIRY TALE AFFAIRS

• Marianne

Marianne · Married on 10/24/2009

I have used Fairytale Affairs for my engagement party and for my wedding. I just want to say that I could not of picked a better company than Fairytale Affairs. They made my wedding everything I wanted it to be. They are great and I highly recomend them. I used them for everything from invitations to Day of Coordinators and everything in between. My invitations came out great, everyone commented on how beautiful they were. They were more than accomadating when I had to change my venue and my wedding date on my invitations. The staff at Fairytale treated me and my husband like family and always made time for us every time we walked into the store, Also having them as my Day of Coordinators made my wedding day stress free, they took care of everything for me. Every now and then I still go by Fairytales just to say hi because they have become like family, I am looking forward to using them for my daughters sweet sixteen and any other special event that comes up in the near future.

Sent on 10/22/2011

3.5

My family had used them for my bridal shower and had a great experience. The quality was nice and they were able to accommodate within a short notice. We also used them for our wedding, the wrapping is an extra charge but they have really nice selection of wrapping paper and color options. It's really nice to have someone else do these time consuming tasks and they were great with service. They are pretty pricey, but if you are looking for someone to do the wrapping PERFECTLY they are your girls!

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

I used Fairy Tale for my invitations, chair bows & napkins. They're pricey but we had a great experience. The only negative was that our chair bows all slid down the chair. Our invitations were gorgeous!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Amy · Married on 08/16/2015

4.2

This place was helpful when it came to doing our invitations. The wording of the invitation was difficult for my fiancée and I and they were helpful to come up with solutions. They were easy going and didn't pressure us to sign a contract. They understood the vision I wanted and was quick with the proofs.

Sent on 02/20/2015
  • Samantha

Samantha M. · Married on 09/28/2018

3.6
      3.0

A few hiccups, but good in the end!

We had a few hiccups throughout our planning process with Fairy Tale Affairs, but in the end the owner worked to make everything right with us. The invitations were exactly as we wanted to fit our Rustic Elegant theme! Our guests didn't stop raving about our beautiful & different the invitations were. We also had custom menus made through FTA & they were a beautiful added touch to our wedding reception.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Theresa · Married on 09/23/2017

0.8
      0.5

All seemed to be going really well and we received a call from Fairy Tale Affairs that our invitation were ready for pick up. We were surprised because it was February and Fairy Tale Affairs knew our wedding was in September. I’m assuming that they do this to get paid and move on to the next client. Being that we were really excited to see the finished product we went to Fairy Tale Affairs a few days later to pick up the finished product. We paid Dezi a little over 3K for the wedding invitations (1K was paid for the save the dates two months prior) and we went home to unwind from a long day at work. While lounging on my sofa and skimming through Instagram I see my wedding invitation. I thought I was going to be sick, in the picture another bride had copied my exact wedding invitations to the T, and Fairy Tale Affairs displayed it for all of social media to see. I emailed Fairy Tale Affairs telling them that I just left their store and was really upset with their post. Dezi replied back to me saying it was just a coincidence they posted the picture ten minutes after I picked up my invitations that I should be flattered another bride copied my invitations, and that they would not take down the photo because the bride requested that they post it. Apparently Fairy Tale Affairs has no loyalty to their brides and sees nothing wrong with sharing your personal invitations with other brides to copy, an then post it all over social media so your family and friends can see it before the original creator of the invitation gets a chance to send it out. If you’re a bride who is personable and private this is not the right place for wedding invitations, so don’t make the same mistake I did.

Sent on 03/01/2017

FAIRY TALE AFFAIRS's reply:

Theresa, as we explained to you via email, the invitations that you chose were directly out of a designer's album as is, not custom. They are gorgeous, letterpress, gold foil edged ensembles with a foil monogram and you ordered them exactly as the designer showcased them. They are a very popular trending style. The bride that you are referring to ordered them 5 months prior to you and asked us to post a picture of her with her invitations because she loved them. She had already mailed them out because her wedding is in May. It was posted many hours before you picked up you invitations, not after. In addition, we did not know when you were picking them up, nor did we consider it an issue because you will be mailing your invitations in June. We offered to take it down temporarily as a courtesy, and we expressed we would do so because we wanted you to be happy. We have the email thread between the two of us where we clearly told that we were willing to remove the bride's photo for you. We never said that you should be flattered... on the contrary, we were truly sympathetic to your feelings and tried to reassure you. Also, the invitations came in early at your request. Because they are letterpress, you were concerned that they would take long, as did the save the dates, so you asked us to stay on top of it and get them in early. We complied with your request and we are saddened that the beautiful relationship that we developed during this process has been erased due to a photo on Instagram of another bride with her invitation.

Anthony · Married on 09/27/2013

0.4
      0.5

beware! these people are Crooks. They took our money and never righted their wrong. And unfortunately our favors are still joked about by family and friends who embarrassingly attempted to use the cheese plate we purchased only to have it break/crack in pieces on the 1st try. What a sham. We spent nearly $3k on favors of which the wrapping was wrong the favor we had originally ordered was not the same one we received we returned the leftover favors we had never got reimbursed for our troubles nor did we get reimbursed for the product we returned back to you; & the cherry on the cake-my wife's original review was taken down. Disgraceful. It all started when we received the call to pick up our favors, i picked up, When my wife checked them out I immediately knew something was wrong. The wrapping was completely different than what we had ordered. The next morning we returned to the store after a call to let them know. We show the girl behind the counter. She made a phone call and here was their response. "Oh well the bows and wrapping that are actually on here are more expensive than what you ordered, and hey will offer this to you at no additional cost". WHAT?!? CAN YOU BELIEVE THE ARROGANCE?!? We clearly explained that what we received was not what we ordered & wanted it fixed. The girl behind the counter reassured us that it would be fixed and they would give us a call as soon as they were done noting that our wedding was in few days. Then my wife received a phone call letting us know that the paper we had ordered was out of stock and that they had something similar and would not be able to tell a difference. This was a lie when we picked up, the wrapping was 2 different shades. We let it go! After our wedding we opened a box, and again, all wrong. This was not what we paid for. When we showed Theresa, her answer was , oh the manufacturer discontinued the 1 you picked! WHAT? They still had the original on their website. We were told we would get $back,never happened

Sent on 06/04/2017

B · Married on 10/15/2011

0.2
      0.5

I just wanted to make sure I got the word out. Fairy Tale Affairs in Massapequa has been a total nightmarte! From the start, the experience was chaotic. \r\n\r\nA young girl helped me and about 20 other customers at the same time one Saturday morning in April. I felt bad for the girl becuse she was literally running around trying to accomodate everyone, but there were too many people and only she and the owner running the show. It took me 2 1/2 hours to complete my wedding invitation order because I was being helped in 5 minute increments because there were too many customers and not enough help. \r\n\r\nI had to return to the store to approve my prints when it came in. I wasn\'t told originally that I would have to treck back to the store to do this, so when the owner called and I sked if it could be emailed (because I have dealt with other invitation companies that email them) I was icily told no. I have to say, being warm and friendly goes a long way and I was not feeling the love. When I arrived to approve the proof, I was told that the young girl was let go for making too many mistakes (well, duh - the place was crazy!) and that parts of my order weren\'t right. Long story short, it was rectified, but of course I ended up paying more money. Turns out I needed different envelopes for my color scheme and I was never charged for the caligraphy I thought I had originally paid for.\r\n\r\nNow we get to the caligraphy. Mind you, everytime I called this place, thre owner sounded like a disgruntled employee who hates her job. When I got in touch with the owner to find out about sending in a final list to go to the caligrapher, she was icy and matter-of-fact when she told me that the process took a two weeks and offered no help when I said I was hoping to get my invitations out the next week. A week later, and already slightly behind my original schedule, the owner called to say the laser caligraphy machine broke and they no longer provide the service. She did give me the name and number of a calligrapher to use. However, I had to call this other person and coordinate, pay, and pick up from her business myself. OK fine, whatever. Amazingly, the calligrapher turned out to be wonderful. Everything turned out perfect; however, my invitations went out two weeks late.\r\n\r\nNow we get to eveything else. My mom (good bless her heart) wanted to hire the owner for a day of coordinator. We also ordered linens, candies, a cake topper, and a place card board from here. A couple of weeks after the initial order of the candies was placed, my mom called to say we had to cancel the order because our catering facility did not allow outside food. So now we lost our deposit on that, even though the order was cancelled in June and my wedding was in October. The owner claimed she had to put a deposit in with the 3rd party candy people. RIGHT. Mind you, my mom gave the owner more money than needed up front, which is always a terrible idea. \r\n\r\nWe had to cancel the linens because I changed my color scheme. The prices were astronomical, and any dilligent bride-to-be can find linens much cheaper online to buy for the price to rent here. (PS - I ended using Table Wraps in Plainview/Syosset and they were AMAZING!)\r\n\r\nThe owner got incrasingly annoyed with the cancellations, even though she now just got a whole bunch of money for doing nothing. By this point I had it - and cancelled the owner as my \"day of coordintor\" because I couldn\'t see putting up with her attitude and unprofessionalism any longer.\r\n\r\nI called a week and half before my wedding to get measurements for my guest list board because I had to find a frame. She did not have the measurements and did not offer to help me get them. I had to wait until the Wednesday before my wedding, when I went to pick up the item to be able to shop for a frame. \r\n\r\nTo top it all off, THE OWNER LEFT ME A BIZARRE VOICEMAIL this week. So strange. \r\n\r\nWhat\'s very interesting, something that small businesses always forget, is that for the money you don\'t return to a customer when they are unhappy costs way more than the actual money. You have succedded in thoughroughly annoying the original customer so that they never return, and now they\'re going to tell all their friends. So, here you go friends. I just wanted everyone to know.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Dana · Married on 07/10/2014

0.0

I walked in the other day and was not even acknowledged. There were two sales people who could've helped, and neither lifted their head. This is the type of place you need assistance, you can't start looking at invitations yourself. I waited around for someone to come assist me, and nothing. I left and still no acknowledgment. POOR customer service. I will certainly NOT be using them for anything

Sent on 05/05/2013