Fairview Farm Events Reviews

175 | Powhatan, VA

175 Reviews for Fairview Farm Events

Caitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

Fairview Farms is by far the perfect venue to get married! When my now husband and I first started planning our wedding, we had every intention of going destination! Until we found Fairview. It's like a private getaway in the country, with everything you could ask for! Deborah and Blanton are so accommodating and helpful as well! We were the first wedding to use their band (Route 64), and they are fabulous! I highly recommend Fairview to anyone with an upcoming wedding!! It is a gorgeous venue and has everything you could ask for in one place!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Trish · Married on 08/13/2016

Debbie was fantastic and the venue is gorgeous!!! Debbie worked with us from day one was prompt and extremely helpful. Having everything in one place and being able to stay there the whole weekend really made our wedding weekend!!! We loved every minute!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Debbie · Married on 07/23/2016

It's hard to describe how absolutely AMAZING this venue is...my daughter was married here on 7/23/16 and the day lived up to our every expectation. Deborah and Blanton Gordon own this farm and have been so wonderful to work with. My daughter was engaged in early October and within 48 hours we had booked this beautiful venue for her dream wedding. Every step of the way, the Gordons were there for us - I always felt as if we were the only wedding that they had to deal with, and I know for a fact that is far from the case - their venue is so popular that it is already getting full for 2017 :) The vendor list that was provided us was outstanding. It was a huge help, as there are so many details involved in planning a wedding, and having some "tried and true" vendors was most appreciated. The greatest compliment I can pay the Gordons and Fairview Farm is that it was like working with family and I enjoyed every minute. I am slightly sad that it's all over!! I will miss this lovely family and the sweet vendors that we had the pleasure of working with as well. If you have the opportunity to use this beautiful farm for your dream wedding - DO NOT HESITATE! It is worth every penny and will not disappoint! Hats off to you Deborah and Gordon - you are very special people and your farm is an extension of your love and friendly spirits! Blessings!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Meagan · Married on 07/17/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Fairview Farm on Sunday, July 17th, 2016. Fairview far surpassed our expectations, and there are no words great enough to describe the wedding we had! Everything was honestly perfect that day, and it was all thanks to the Farm and their staff.

We received outstanding service from the owners, Debbie and her husband Blanton, as well as the vendors on their preferred vendor list! We had a wonderful experience working with them in the months leading up to the wedding, creating a truly stress-free day. We didn't have to worry about a single detail, as they had it all taken care of! Their attention and commitment to us being happy made us feel like we were the only wedding they were planning!

Having our wedding there was the best possible decision we could have made for our special day! My husband and I were set on an outdoor wedding, but we were worried about rain. Other wedding venues we looked at had, to put it quite plainly, appalling options in case it poured. Fairview, however, not only had a beautiful Plan B, but also a Plan C! We were also concerned with the heat, since the wedding was taking place mid-July in central Virginia, but Fairview had just recently added insulated air-conditioning to their barn this past winter. (And speaking of winter, if you want to get married in the colder months, they got you covered as well; the barn also has heat!) Because of the air-conditioning our guests could comfortably dance the night away, and for weeks after would go on and on regarding what a fun time they had at Fairview. We also received more compliments than we could count, on the gorgeous venue. The farm had a breathtaking view that night of the sunset and (full!) moon!

Can't say enough amazing things about this venue! We knew as soon as we stepped foot on the property this was the place for us, and I'm sure you and your significant other will as well. We'd recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Fairview offers a lot of great assets to help a wedding run smoothly. There are decorations to utilize, flowers to utilize, and the best is a man cave! Although my wedding is not until next June, I was blessed with winning the honeymoon trip to Florida at the open house. I cannot speak words about how thankful my fiance and I are and how happy we have been thus far on our start to the future. Thanks Fairview for being SOO incredibly helpful and pleasant!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2016

I have dreamt of my wedding day since I was a little girl and I always knew it would be one of the biggest days of my life. One of the most difficult parts of planning my wedding was finding the PERFECT venue to make my dream day come to life. I walked into the barn last summer and instantly got chills. I knew from the time I stepped on the property that it was THE venue. Meeting with Debbie at our site tour confirmed that we made the right decision in choosing Fairview Farm. Her warm and welcoming personality instantly made me feel like I had known her for forever. Listening to her tell the farm's history and seeing how much passion she had about the family farm was very refreshing. Debbie has been very helpful throughout my planning process and she answers all of my questions in a timely manner. Her and Blanton have been so wonderful and the amount of work and thought they have put into the farm shows. My fiance and I can't wait to make memories to last a lifetime and that's all due to finding the perfect venue and the perfect couple to help make our big day one we will cherish forever!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Joel · Married on 06/11/2016

If you want a wedding of a life time, Fairview is the place to choose. It is what you make it, the venue has everything you need to have an amazing day. All the accommodations you can imagine.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Julia · Married on 05/29/2016

Just had our wedding at Fairview, and it was perfect! The venue was so lovely and everyone kept asking how we had found such a beautiful barn venue. We added a few touches to personalize the space, but the decorations were already gorgeous, and we really didn't have to do much. Highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Charlotte · Married on 05/28/2016

It's been a few weeks, and I'm still basking in the afterglow of my daughter's Memorial Day weekend wedding at Fairview Farm. Our family's entire experience was perfection from beginning to end. That was largely due to the wonderfully thorough planning that has gone into every aspect of the venue. Debora and Blanton Gordon have considered every detail in creating a setting that is accommodating and memorable for their guests. From the beautifully restored farmhouse and "Manland", to the manicured grounds and iconic gable roof reception barn; the entire property is the perfect blend of refined rustic elegance. Beyond aesthetics, Fairview also provided great value by connecting us to their network of trusted and talented vendors. Nearly all the vendors we chose were from Fairview's preferred list, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Knowing that the people working behind the scenes were professionals who were already familiar with the property, and who's service and quality would be uncompromising, really put my husband and I at ease. It allowed us to genuinely relax, enjoy our guests, and soak in the memories of that special day. As the hosting parents, it was so heartwarming to receive so many compliments at the reception (and a few on my home answering machine the week following), about the food, the flowers, the cake, the music, and what an overall fun and smooth flowing evening it was. Thank you Fairview vendors for serving our guests so graciously. Lastly, it was truly an honor to welcome our new out-of-state in-laws (who had never been to Virginia), to such a beautiful and accommodating setting. Fairview provided the perfect backdrop for our two families to bond and get create lasting memories.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Mimi · Married on 05/21/2016

My advice would be to BOOK THIS VENUE!! They were amazing and the barn is just beautiful!!! It doesn't matter what the weather is like because they have back up plans for everything. The owners have put so much love into this. You are not just a number. You are a couple and will be treated very special. You will not be disappointed. Go check it out!!

Eric · Married on 05/11/2016

Definitely choose this place if you are looking to have a rustic themed wedding! This venue has everything you need to have the PERFECT wedding

Sent on 05/25/2016

I was a bridesmaid for my friends' wedding. The environment was perfect for their rustic-themed wedding (the barn was beautiful!). Everything inside was mostly made out of wood and the high ceiling chandelier was just magnificent. I would highly recommend this venue for any future weddings. The view is fantastic and the vendors are responsive and helpful.

Maggie · Married on 05/11/2016

My sister wedding was about 2 weeks about ago and it was amazing she got everything she wanted from the wedding planner,photographs, DJ, venue and everybody else going out of there way to making sure everything was perfect for her big day the location was great and I would definitely recommend it !!!!
    Thank you for making my big sis big day so memorable And I'm so thankful to have been part of it.

Maggie

Sent on 05/27/2016

We are so happy to have gotten one of the last slots available for this year, with Fairview Farm. The setting was beautiful, and we really enjoyed working with them. We also were thrilled with all of the vendors we selected from their preferred list. It helped with planning and with our budget, and resulted in a wonderful wedding day. I've lost count of how many guests commented on the venue; they were seriously impressed.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2016

My daughter was married there in April 2016. From the Mother of the Bride perspective, all I can say is that Fairview Farm is the best! It was everything my daughter had ever dreamed of, and all of the guests couldn't believe how beautiful the venue was! And I must say everyone had a great time! Debbie and Blanton are so wonderful to work with. They really do think of everything and try to make every Bride's wedding a dream come true! I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a fun, rustic, country, barn style wedding! When you choose Fairview Farm, you get more than just a place to get married, you get so many things included that you would have to rent. Go check it out!

Sent on 05/06/2016

From the Mother-of-the-bride's perspective, my advice would be to rest assured that Fairview Farm will be even MORE than you hoped for wedding memories! From hosting the rehearsal dinner there on Friday night to having so much room to be with your family and friends on the day of the wedding and then after the wedding. It could not have been more perfect!! Such a beautiful venue!!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Fairview Farm was the absolute best! Debora offers everything you need and more. The decor in the barn and surrounding grounds makes it so you don't have to supply anything unless you want to. My son is in the military and every guest had to come from out of town. Fairview will guide you with a vendor list for hotels, transportation, hair, makeup, caterer, planners, photography, DJ....you name it , they have thought of it. Everyone we dealt with on that list were the best. This is a family business and they treat you like family. Debora was always available for guidance through the whole process. I looked at a lot of barn venues in PA, MD, DE and VA and this was the only one giving you so much extra for one price!Brian at Ik Caterers, Events by Mia, John and the Goddess DJ, Winn transportation and Double Tree in Midlothian also need a huge shout out! They were terrific.

Sent on 03/23/2016

elizabeth · Married on 01/09/2016

My husband and I were married on 1/9/16 and opted for the weekend package. This venue exceeded my expectations! The owners are so kind and helpful and really strive to make your wedding weekend exceptional. The farm house was like a home away from home, decorated beautifully and stocked up with all we would need for our weekend stay. The bridal suit was perfect, having plenty of space for getting ready day of for the ceremony.
    We were married under the pavilion which had beautiful hanging chandeliers. The barn was absolutely stunning, decorated so beautifully. The fireplace and heaters kept the barn very warm, you could not feel the 30 degree cold outside. Guests continue to comment still today on how beautiful the venue, ceremony, and reception were! We had a wonderful time!

Thank you Fairview Farm Events for the most special and memorable weekend ever!

Love,
    The Perkins

Sent on 01/11/2016

I had been looking at Fairview Farm on social media and dreaming of getting married there one day. After getting engaged in January the first and only place I wanted to check out was Fairview Farm! I wasn't quite sure what the cost would be as similar venues easily cost tens of thousands of dollars and dictate my catering costs. When we went to view the farm we were absolutely blown away. It was more wonderful than I had imaged or even hoped for, and it was affordable! The owner is so sweet and gave us a tour of the property. She and her husband are truly invested in making your event extraordinary! The list of vendors they provided made my choices so much easier, since I didn't know where to start. You will see them say they have thought of everything. I know you're probably thinking that it isn't possible, but it is true! You are not paying for an empty rental space, but a place full of special touches that make it feel warm, cozy, and inviting. You will feel like you're visiting a quaint country oasis and you won't want to leave. Did I mention you( and several of your friends/family members) can stay on site?? Yes! No waking up early, no gathering all your items the day of(& hoping you didn't forget anything important), no expensive travel to the site the day of, no wondering if everything is set up correctly(you can walk 40 feet to the barn & check it out, or entrust one of the fabulous recommended planners), and no travel time or expensive vehicle needed to go to or from a reception site. You can arrive the afternoon before and ENJOY your rehearsal dinner with your wedding party and just RELAX without having to rush off to get your beauty sleep. After my visit I had ZERO interest in getting married anywhere else, or even looking at any other venues. I can't wait to blow everyone away with my wedding at Fairview Farm!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Michele · Married on 11/21/2015

As soon as we drove up to the farm, my daughter said "This is it! This is where I want the wedding of my dreams to take place!" I asked her at the wedding "Is this what you dreamed of?" Her reply, "Yes, and so much more!"
    Fairview Farm is a little piece of heaven and Debbie and Blanton are amazing to work with! I can't say enough positive things about them!
    Planning a dream wedding? Fairview Farm is a must!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Susan · Married on 11/07/2015

We began our search for a wedding venue early in 2014. It didn't take long for our daughter Bekah to find Fairview and schedule a visit. We set up an appointment for a visit and all of us fell in Love right away. We booked their wedding day for November 7th 2015. We had plenty of time to plan the perfect wedding day. Fairview Farm Events and the team of vendors did a wonderful job making our daughters wedding day just as she dreamed! Thank you all so much for the use of such a beautiful venue for Bekah and Kevin's wedding day!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Rebekah · Married on 11/07/2015

We booked our wedding with Fairview Farm pretty early on. I believe we were the first 2015 wedding booked with them. As soon as I stepped inside the barn, I knew that this is where I wanted to get married. And during our consultation, hearing everything we would get in our package, we knew this was the place for us. Throughout our 2 year engagement, they kept adding things and building up the farm making it an even more beautiful venue. We loved having the farm for the whole weekend and being able to use the farm for our engagement and bridal photo shoots. This venue is so beautiful in so many ways. It was the perfect place for our wedding, and the only thing I wish I could change about our wedding day was the rain, but Fairview has a beautiful pavilion that we were able to use for our rain plan (that was a huge stress reliever!). I just cannot say enough good things about Fairview Farm!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

Debbie and Blanton were wonderful every single step of our wedding process! We had our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all done at Fairview Farm. They always promptly responded to me when I had questions and both are so easy going! They keep the barn decorated according to the season and it was absolutely beautiful for our wedding in October! Our guests were amazed by the venue and said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. It was convenient having the house for me and my bridal party to stay in Friday and Saturday night, which saved the cost of a hotel. I also liked being able to use some of the table decorations like the wooden slabs for my center pieces and table runners that Fairview supplies for free to their couples! We could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Benjamin · Married on 10/13/2015

Fairview Farm is the amazing and beautiful venue that it is because of the tender love and care that the owners put into making each wedding a dream wedding. My fiance Christianne and I, have been so blessed by their genorosity in giving us a free wedding in their wedding giveaway!!! When we went to Fairview Farm to tour, we were simply awestruck. Fairview Farm's entire piece of property is the perfect rustic venue that is going to add both southern charm and coziness to our wedding and reception. Fairview Farm has meticulously chosen everything about the property from the lighting and furniture pieces to the woodworking of the barn to create the most incredible atmosphere for the perfect rustic chic wedding experience. They also have a house on the property that is perfect for providing guests with a relaxing place for their families coming from out of town so that everyone can enjoy the wedding and reception. There is also a man cave for the men where they can hangout and relax until the festivities begin. Fairview Farms is without a doubt the perfect place for an enchanted wedding!!! As Christianne and I were touring other venues there were things that we loved about all of them, but there was always some part about those venues that we didn't care for and would have to just deal with if we booked. Thankfully, Fairview has been so gracious to us by providing us with a wedding, and I have to say we love EVERY aspect of Faurview Farm. It truly is the epitome of a magical and romantic wedding venue. Thank you so much Fairview for your generosity and devotion to providing us with the wedding of our dreams, and we would without a doubt urge anyone to have their special day at your venue!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Christianne · Married on 10/13/2015

Fairview Farm is by far the best wedding venue in Central Virginia and is the perfect place for a rustic, chic wedding! My husband and I were blessed by Debbie & Blanton for their one year anniversary GIVE-AWAY wedding and it was truly a fairy tale come true! The package included the beautiful venue at Fairview Farm and all their many amenities, Bill Gilliam with Choice Entertainment as DJ/MC, a beautiful fairytale carriage from Hundley Carriages, Amber Towler with AT your services as the wedding planner, delicious Barbeque catering for 100 guests from Goodrich Gourmet, 4 free boutonnieres with Kim Moody Design, and Shannon Hennesey for the photographer capturing our special day with her amazing talent! This blessing really reflects the true characters of the owners of Fairview both Debbie and Blanton with their extreme generosity with putting together this contest & truly thinking of everything a bride & groom could need to celebrate Fairview Farm’s one year anniversary! The barn is stunning and tastefully decorated by each season by Kim Moody Design! Fairview farm is truly a unique, breathtaking venue from the chandlers, bistro lighting, antique farm tables, to the fire pits, corn hole, and two red antique trucks which were huge hit at my wedding for photos! -- Debbie and Blanton truly have thought of everything and really take care of ALL the needs of FF brides, grooms, and their families as well!! They also have a guest house, man cave and bridal suite which are all equip to make the time spent with family wonderful! Debbie is such a pleasure to work with- very friendly, helpful and hospitable person! Thank you so much Fairview Farm for your extreme generosity and devotion in providing Ben & I the wedding of our dreams, and we without a doubt urge anyone to have their special day/event at Fairview Farm!! You and your guests will NOT be disappointed :)

Sent on 11/03/2015