Fairbanks Ranch Country Club Reviews

5 | Rancho Santa Fe, CA

5 Reviews for Fairbanks Ranch Country Club

• Vanessa

Vanessa Shim · Married on 04/27/2019

#1 Wedding planner! Lindsay is THE BEST!

Lindsay was introduced to me by my friend Sarah and I am THANKFUL I met Lindsay.
    My husband and I cannot thank her enough for making the wedding process so easy and taking the stress away from us bc planning a wedding can be stressful and it is A LOT of work.
    Trust me, being a bride is stressful enough! Last thing you want to do is coordinate everything yourself and call all the vendors.
    She was there to guide us through every step all we had to do was text her back yes or no. Lol. She made everything so easy for us!
    What I love the most about Lindsay is that she is very personable. It felt like I have known her for years and i was comfortable enough to tell her anything.
    Lindsay is a top-notch wedding planner and I would recommend her to anyone!

Thank you again!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Kate · Married on 04/09/2011

Kathy and her team are great to work with. She was very realistic about a budget, services needed and knew so much about all options available. She had some great recommendations and we were lucky enough to be able to do both the ceremony and reception here even though we were not members. It was much more affordable than we would have guessed and the scenery is perfect, with green grass, flowers and ponds in every direction that you take pictures. We got married on the croquet lawn which was beautiful. This was the first year that they allowed it, so we lucked out. The service was fantastic and ran smoothly. I would recommend working with Kathy and Megan to anyone who wanted to plan a wedding at a country club in San Diego.

Sent on 07/17/2011

My husband and my wedding was just under a month ago, and I am still on cloud nine! Reflecting on our wedding is so enjoyable.

We have vivid memories of marble counter tops covered with mimosas and fruit for me and the girls; the rustic Founders Library/Man Cave with beer and poker for the groom and his boys; the expansive land, gorgeous greens, lakes, palm trees and hot air balloons laying the perfect backdrop for our 'altar'; the timeless Spanish styling of the venue's exterior; the spacious and classic detailing of the reception space; the perfection of the meal prepared by Chef Jesse; the list goes on and on!

The events/catering manager Michele was so helpful, wise, and accommodating. We loved working with her to make our vision a reality. She knows the venue inside and out (she's worked there over 10 years!) and so she knows the best layouts and has great ideas to make your dream a reality. Like I said above, Chef Jesse's food was delicious. We are still hearing about how the bistek a la parrilla melted in your mouth! He basically created our menu from scratch..we told him we wanted classically good food with Mexican flair and boy did he go above and beyond our expectations!

Great news is the club just opened the venue to the public! You used to have to know a member or be a member to hold a wedding on site, but not anymore! I couldn't recommend FRCC more. We loved it and you will too.

Sent on 10/03/2013

It was after a painstaking 4 months of looking at various venues that I found Fairbanks Ranch and fell in love on the spot. The second I saw the beautiful grounds of this place, I knew it had everything I wanted for my wedding day, and I had to book it quick! My husband and I worked with this vendor for almost 9 full months, trying to decide on the details. Although, overall- I was really, really happy with the end product, I think that communication along the way could have been better. Perhaps this is because this is my first time doing this, and I'm simply expecting too much, but I would have preferred more frequent and consistent communication. We held our ceremony out on a putting green (I wanted seclusion & some privacy), and had our reception up in the clubhouse. The golf-course looked beautiful on our big day, and we were lucky enough to have San Diego's finest weather as well. We got a numerous amount of compliments from our guests on our incredible venue, and are so happy we chose this place. Only thing I would change, is perhaps a little better communication from their planner, as well as perhaps a little more politeness and professionalism.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Jane · Married on 11/03/2017

1.8
      2.0
      3.0
      0.5
      1.5
      2.5

I had my wedding reception there over 30 years ago and every single wedding gift was stolen. I saw a pile of gifts and then they were gone. It was obvious it was an employee who took them all. It was heartbreaking and so sad I couldn’t thank my guests for their gifts. I will never forget that a respectable venue did this.

Sent on 03/12/2018