Fabulously Chic Weddings Reviews

Fabulously Chic Weddings 6
Fabulously Chic Weddings 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2013

Where do I even begin?? Courtney is just amazing. You are her priority when you work together to plan your wedding. You won't even know if she has 20 other weddings going on at the same time! She understood what we wanted, she always responded to a phone call or e-mail or text in a timely manner, she was always honest in every single aspect of the wedding, and her ideas are incredible. She created the most beautiful wedding for my husband and I. I've never heard so many compliments- I cannot say enough great things about Courtney. It was a pleasure working with her. She will make your dreams come true!!

Sent on 04/10/2013
  • User2051584 · 2+ years ago

Courtney Shaw is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Let me take you back...

After getting engaged, I became obsessed with all things wedding--watching the marathons of wedding movies and shows, reading magazines, and perusing through Pinterest. I'd always hoped to have a wedding planner that was just as great as what I'd seen in the movies, but knew the reality was that it was "Hollywood" and the chances of that were slim. I thought I'd just do it on my own, but wanted to entertain the idea of a "day of planner." This is when Courtney Shaw and Fabulously Chic came into my life!

The day we met, Courtney was so professional and prepared. At that meeting she made me realize that I needed more help than I thought. The next day, I officially hired her as my full time planner. From that moment on Courtney calmed my nerves when they became frazzled, helped me sort through the numerous vendors, set a budget, helped me finalize a design idea, set the tables, shine the candelabras, and fluff my veil and dress one last time before walking down the isle.

SHE WAS MY REAL LIFE HOLLYWOOD/MOVIE WEDDING PLANNER!!!

I cannot put into words how incredible she is. She was there for me every step of the way of this extremely overwhelming process with such tact and enthusiasm. She became more than just my planner, she became my friend! I can look back and honestly say that my wedding day was absolutely perfect--I know that inevitably not everything went according to plan, but neither my husband and I, nor our guest, ever knew it to be anything less than perfection!

Thank you Courtney and Fabulously Chic Weddings for making our wedding the most memorable day and experience I could have imagined (or seen on t.v.)!! ;)

Sent on 04/09/2013

Lindsay · Married on 02/23/2013

Words cannot express my gratitude for Courtney Shaw. She was not only my wedding planner, she also became my friend, advisor, and my sanity! What impressed me the most was her professionalism, as well as her ability to take the stress out of a long distance bride. ( I live in UT, wedding was in FL). She literally made my dream wedding come true, and then some. She has an incredible sense for what I wanted in a wedding in terms of style, budget, and ambiance. And, she has a knack for dealing with vendors in such a professional way that I never had to worry about my wedding day. Speaking of wedding day, a lot of my guests noted how the wedding had a great seemless flow to it. I think every guest told me how my wedding was the best they have ever been to, and we have Courtney to thank for that. I am totally open to talk to anyone who is considering Courtney as their planner!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Sarah · Married on 02/08/2013

Courtney Was so helpful during my whole planning process. She helped make my wedding look so elegant and beautiful with all the extra details. Everything ran smoothly and was stress free. :) It was everything I imagined and more. She definitely helped make my wedding a day i'll never forget!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Carmen · Married on 01/26/2013

Courtney was very helpful and was always available to answer questions. She gave us a magical wedding and I had no worries on my wedding day!!

Sent on 03/06/2013

Chelsea · Married on 12/16/2012

Courtney was the most amazing wedding planner I could have ever dreamed of! I was living in Atlanta while she helped plan the wedding in Bonita Springs, FL. She took every stress off of my shoulders and made it such an easy and fun process! She was always a step ahead of me, and made me feel like everything was fine and in control. She made my day so beautiful and helped me select the best vendors for my wedding. You can't afford to not have her! SHE IS THE BEST!

Sent on 12/22/2012

I want to start by saying why I am so thrilled with having Courtney as my wedding planner
    -She is a perfectionist who worked tirelessly to make our wedding exactly what we dreamed of!
    -She responded to every email, phone call, and text message so promptly, that I truly felt like I was her only client!
    -Her hard work and organizational skills took so much off of my plate during the planning process AND allowed me to actually enjoy it!

I began planning my wedding thinking that I would do it on my own, that having a wedding planner was a luxury and not a necessity. I now know that it is as much of a necessity as having a photographer. I viewed having a planner as insurance that my wedding day would be amazing...not average.

Courtney was the first to return my phonec call of the 3 planners that I called. Lucky for me that she did and, perhaps, not so lucky for her, I was less than 3 months away from my wedding and had a lot of unknowns...My colors, my flowers, my cake just to name a few. I leaned on Courtney for inspiration to figure out what I wanted. She was 100% there for me, constantly emailing and texting ideas, until finally we had a clear vision and plan. This is essentially how the whole process went, we collaborated and came up with a vision, and she brought it to life. In addition, she and her staff did all of the hands on work...assembling welcome bags, inflating beach balls, creating agendas, place card assembly...to name a few.

I can honestly say that my wedding day was the most amazing day --better than I ever imagined it would be! I attribute this to all of Courtney's creative abilities and organization during the planning process AND to the fact that she and her staff made the day of my wedding completely stress free for me and my guests.

Lastly, Courtney has impeccable taste and works with the finest vendors. Every vendor she recommended was outstanding. For this reason alone, it was worth having her!

Sent on 12/19/2012
  • Lauren FM

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2012

Courtney and her assistant did an EXCELLENT job 'day of coordinating' and then some. My rose petal aisle that Courtney designed came out gorgeous! I had no worries leading up to the wedding or the day of because of her awesome communication skills and attention to detail. My emails were answered quickly and efficiently, I have no doubt that everything turned out perfect because of Fabulously Chic's hard work!!

Sent on 11/26/2012
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/20/2012

Courtney honestly went above & beyond anything I expected and/or asked from her. She is so professional, personable, and passionate about her job! Any time I had a question- she responded quickly, honestly and was always willing to help with any weird thing I had in mind for my wedding. If I was heading in 100 directions & getting overwhelmed (happened a lot) she'd point me in 1 and tell me exactly what I needed to get done first. I loved that I could e-mail her late at night and almost always got a response the same evening! She is full of ideas, advice, and did most of the correspondence with all of my vendors. I couldn't have asked for more from her (not to mention the few counseling sessions she gave me ;) during our many meetings... She has a lot of great vendors she works with frequently who were willing to give me a good deal since I was working with her. I truly think she is worth all that she charges, I would recommend her to anyone who is planning an event. She truly wants her clients to be happy at the end of the day and you can rest assured she'll do everything in her power to make that happen. Thank you, Courtney!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Meagan · Married on 10/13/2012

Courtney was absolutely amazing! I could not imagine putting my wedding together without her help. She was on top of every little detail and on top of me to make sure what I needed to do got done in time. She pointed my husband and I in the right direction on things so that we could stay within our budget and she was wonderful on helping me stay calm and collected on the big day. We couldn't have asked for more or for a better wedding planner, there just isn't one.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Alicia · Married on 08/04/2012

Planning a wedding is the most stressful event I have ever experienced. Not only are you trying to make that day memorable for you but you are also trying to please all your guests and family members so that everyone walks away with that "wow" experience.

I started this journey with complete confidence in my ability to handle the entire situation. About half way in, I realized I was in way over my head and started looking for "a day of planner". Interviewed a few and walked away not happy with the results.

I went back and started researching again and found my answer in someone who initially did not have a lot of reviews up on any of the web sites. At first that gave me pause for concern....either she has not done a lot of weddings or brides were not happy with her service and would have rather not commented.

I took a chance on Courntney and her staff and she totally blew my expectations out of the water. At our initial meeting, I was sold. One month into our agreement, I went back and modified it to include the entire event including the rehearsal dinner. She was perfect in every way. Responsible, hardworking and truly wanted that day to be about us.

I am very grateful to her for literally taking my planning folder away from me and running with it in a way that made me feel like she really understood me.

I have since referred several brides to Courtney and her staff and will continue to do so. She is truly a professional and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Laura · Married on 04/14/2012

Courtney was amazing! I literally could not have done it without her. I hired her just for the day-of only a month before my wedding. She listened to my ideas, made suggestions on decor and vendors, and then pulled it all together on the day. She gave me the wedding I had wanted without me having to lift a finger on the day. Her team went above and beyond at every turn!

Sent on 04/27/2012

Liz · Married on 03/03/2012

Courtney at Fabulously Chic really went above and beyond! She was flexible, accomodating, and organized throughout the planning process, balancing the wishes of the bride and groom as well as the parents. She is creative and has good taste. Every detail of our wedding turned out well, mainly because of her hard work. She also recommended excellent vendors (and has personal relationships with them). She is top notch!

Sent on 03/14/2012

Alli · Married on 11/20/2011

After struggling with a decision between two different planners, I ended up going with my gut and selecting Courtney because of how prompt she was getting back to me, and how friendly she was through email conversation before I had ever met her in person! Once I did meet her face-to-face, we clicked and I felt like she was always on the same page, even when I wasn't very clear with what I wanted! She always managed to keep me calm and problem solve without bothering me a lot and without stressing anybody out at all. She's very smart, very resourceful and always available to answer questions. My wedding day was GORGEOUS. She took all the small ideas I had and turned them into grand realities. I couldn't have asked for a better planner, and honestly she's become a friend who I would trust anytime I need any kind of event planning advice! THANK YOU, COURTNEY :)

Sent on 11/26/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2011

Fabulously Chic Weddings was recommended by a close friend of mine. Originally, I thought I would just be needing a Day of Coordinator, but after I met with Courtney I knew I wanted her help all the way through. Our personalities instantly clicked, and she genuinely understood my concerns and answered ALL of my questions. I wanted to have a vintage/rustic themed wedding and I planned on making most of the details for the reception (such as my centerpieces, party favors, etc). Courtney totally saw the same type of style I had envisioned, and she also provided new ideas that I hadn't even thought of. We spent countless hours together crafting away, and can honestly say I wouldn't have been able to do it all without her! On the day of the wedding, I was able to BREATHE because by this time I knew her well enough to trust her with every task that I would have been worried about trying to do myself (I am normally a super OCD control freak). Courtney was extremely thorough, so I really didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day, I could just relax and enjoy it- and for this I am so grateful. I had so many guests come up to me after the wedding and tell me how "on the ball" she was. Words cannot express how happy I am with her services from the very beginning all the way to the big day! I even made a wonderful new friend :) Thank you so much Courtney! xoxo

Sent on 11/29/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2011

Courtney Shaw of Fabulously Chic Weddings is outstanding! I planned my wedding at Marco Island, FL from Los Angeles, which as you can imagine has its challenges. Being the control freak that I am, I hired Courtney as my DOC. I naively thought I would have all the wedding details squared away and would only need a DOC to run the show on the big day. I came to realize that remembering or even knowing all the little details involved with a wedding was a bit unrealistic. THANK GOODNESS FOR COURTNEY!!! She went above and beyond her duties of a DOC.
    After our initial meeting, Courtney periodically checked in with me on the details of the wedding. She was a great resource to me whenever I had questions related to vendors or even basic wedding etiquette. She housed all my wedding decor that I needed to ship in advance and even offered her assistance to put it all together. When the big day finally arrived she took care of everything! And I mean everything...she even reminded me to eat...which I would have definitely forgotten with all the excitement from that day. She remembered every single detail and made sure that the day was truly perfect. I could not have done it without her.

I highly recommend Courtney Shaw from Fabulously Chic Weddings, you are making a mistake if you pass her up!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Allison · Married on 10/22/2011

Courtney was amazing. There is no way my wedding day would have gone off without a hitch without her. She made everything work seamlessly and made sure everyone had a great time! I wish I could have another wedding in order to have her plan it!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Betsy · Married on 05/14/2011

Fabulously Chic Events was there from begining until long after the last guest left, offering so much advice and support and just listening when I was getting stressed. My daughter was married on May 14, 2011, and Courtney made the day perfect. Her professionalism shines. Thank you so much for making the day fantastic. I would highly reccommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Elisa · Married on 12/10/2011

Courtney was absolutely amazing!! She was so creative, so helpful, so organized and was really concerned about my wedding. She ALWAYS returned my phone calls or texts asap and had a solution for all of my many issues. lol She really became more than just a wedding planner, she became a friend to me. I would recommend her services to any bride!!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Ali · Married on 02/04/2017

Courtney from Fabulously Chic Weddings designed a gorgeous wedding for my husband and I. She followed every vision we had. I am only providing Courtney a 4/5 for Quality of Service for budgetary reasons. Although we were very loose with budget, it would have been beneficial to have a dashboard which showed the estimated cost for each items and the actual to track how much would be due in the end.

Overall, would highly recommend Courtney to any bride getting married in the SWFL area!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Fabulously Chic Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Ali! It was a pleasure working with you and I was so excited to see your beautiful day on Style Me Pretty recently!

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the budget and understand. I believe that we had some miscommunication with this, and I sincerely apologize for the role I may have played in that. I did provide an initial estimated budget, and would have been happy to update along the way, if I had realized the importance of this. Because of the mentioned budgetary flexibility, I didn't realize this was needed, and again, I apologize for that. I do want to clarify to future clients that all decisions, invoices, bookings, and costs are approved by the client prior to confirming them.

Thank you again for your feedback, Ali. I take feedback very seriously, as I always strive to make my clients extremely happy, and want improve the services that I provide.

Courtney definitely lives up to her business' name (Fabulously Chic Weddings)! She has great taste and knows quality vendors in the area. The vendor fees we paid to Courtney saved us more money than we spent on her services and the week of the wedding she was completely at our disposal for anything and everything.

Sent on 07/19/2014