48 Reviews for The Madious

Albums (3)
Engagement Shoot (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)

Kristiaan and Lionel were a PERFECT fit for my husband and I! We were lucky enough to be able to work with them for our Engagement Shoot and our Wedding Day! I was nervous about posing and looking awkward but as soon as we began our adventure of an Engagement Shoot, they put us at such ease! They kept us smiling and laughing and just let us settle into it and just be ourselves, together. When we moved to the ice rink, Kristiaan patiently (and stealthily) caught great shots of us through the crowd and Lionel even strapped on a pair of skates and somehow managed to shoot while not falling! The result were amazing pictures that our friends loved because they said it was natural and captured how we truly were together. And I love that they were able to draw that out of us and shoot it beautifully! And we had an incredibly fun time!
Now on our wedding day, they were such a joy and comfort to have around! And they went above and beyond...Lionel made a special trip to retrieve my veil and Kristiaan was the one who kindly and carefully placed the veil on my head! My family & friends loved them- they were so accommodating and genuine ninjas. Somehow they were everywhere at the same time without being in the way of anyone or anything!! The pictures we've seen so far are GORGEOUS and capture amazing moments that I'll treasure always! Having their energy and spirit at the wedding only added to the fun and by the end of it all- they're truly friends with amazing artistry and talent! You won't have to worry about anything once you're in their hands. They will be sure to capture the joy and love on your wedding day so you can always relive it through their gorgeous photography! We love you Kristiaan & Lionel! Thank you both so much!

Profile Picture Erika, 3/3/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

I was tempted to leave this review after I got my preview pics, but just in case I wanted to wait for the full set. Just as I expected, they came out AMAZING. I can't stop staring at them and I honestly do feel like I relive moments from the day whenever I stare at them. The pictures are stunning, and Kristiaan and Lionel stand out in terms of the personal interest they took not only in photographing our wedding, but also to getting to know us as people (up to and including meeting us in person to look at the slideshow of images and give us the hard drive of the digital prints).

Profile Picture Diva, 5/28/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

It immediately puts a smile on our faces when we think about how lucky we were to have the Madious fly to Michigan to be a part of our amazing wedding weekend! They truly are a part of our family now. The pictures are breathtaking and this couple is beyond talented! Lionel and Kristiaan are THE most down to earth, fun loving couple. They made us feel relaxed and beautiful, and made us laugh quite a bit ;) All of our friends and family were saying how they loved them and wanted to keep them in Michigan! We can't thank them enough for the privilege of having them a part of our special day!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

This is by far the best team in wedding photography. Lionel and Kristiaan's artistry is unrivaled. I cannot even begin to express how much I absolutely love my photographs! These two will travel the world for your special day, and quickly become a part of your family. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Madious will be the best vendor that you choose for your wedding....hands down. Their photography is simply breathtaking. Their use of color, light, composition and creativity is unparalleled and their process is incredible. They are completely seamless and coordinated as only a husband and wife team could be. The Madious captured every moment from the perfect angles without having to direct or control our event and we felt completely free to enjoy our wedding without a care in the world. From the moment that we met them months before our event to the final reveal they were perfection. Stop reading this review and book them now!!

Profile Picture David & Claire, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We love the Madious! They took the time to meet with us in person in advance of our wedding to get to know our personalities and take some practice shots (mostly to get my husband and I comfortable with being photographed so that our wedding photos would turn out as natural as possible). On the wedding day, they were there at every special moment and captured the most beautiful shots, both posed and candids, of us, our family, and our friends. And we had so much fun with them! Not only are they incredibly personable and fun, they're everywhere, but not in your face, and by the end of the night, we felt like they were just another two of best friends having a blast on the dance floor. They were such a special part of our big day and have given us beautiful shots of the people most important to us to remember all the fun we had and all the love surrounding that day.

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Do yourself a favor - book the Madious as your wedding photographers! They were absolutely fabulous! I couldn't have asked for better photographers. Many guests at our wedding commented on their professionalism and how terrific they were. They were the best!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images

Before I delve into the vendor-specific review, I want to say one thing. If you are getting married, you will spend more time with your photographers than your family and friends. Make sure it is someone you get along with! I think the Madious will tell you the same thing. If there is one thing you should make sure is high-quality, it is photography. And the Madious are top-notch. Not to mention, their dog is adorable :)

I was interested in their photography because a) the quality is wonderful, particularly nighttime shots which are a good mark of distinction in my mind. b)on their website, they say "our mission is to capture to wedding so when you look at our images, it's as if you were there." I definitely had that feeling. They have a journalistic style and are particularly good at capturing emotion and natural moments. And the colors!!!

From the moment we booked them, we felt like their only client. They are very flexible and don't charge by the hour, which honestly is crucial because you never know how your day is going to go, so having one vendor there from the start to finish of when you need them, without stressing about timelines, is crucial. You also get BOTH of them. What a treat! It's not like one main photographer and an assistant - you get two highly qualified photographers of equal caliber but distinct, complementary styles. Plus they're husband and wife and love each other so much, which makes everyone's day so much more enjoyable.

We met a few times, once for the engagement shoot, and once before the wedding to figure out the portrait list and timing of the day. Having the extra face time before the wedding is so nice, but I know it's not always possible, it just so happened that we had the benefit of being local so that helped a lot.

The Madious are like family to me now. I would recommend them to any person who could fit them into their budget. It is money well-spent.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Where do I even begin? The Madious are incredible!! Not only were our photos for both our engagement and wedding stunning, they are just great people! You spend so much time with your photographers on your wedding day, and you want to make sure they are not only capturing great photos, but keeping you calm. They did that and more! The Madious recommended doing a private first look, which as the best decision we made for our wedding. Kristiaan and Lionel rode with each of us there and kept us SO calm. By the end of the night, they felt like another member of our family! They do an incredible job capturing beautiful portraits (how do they even think of some of these shots!?) while also taking beautiful, candid photos. By far the best vendor for our wedding!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

The Madious... where do I even begin? I came across Lionel and Kristiaan's work by pure luck! I had been scouring the internet for images of our ballroom and stumbled upon a wedding The Madious had done at the venue we had selected. I quickly fell in love with their website/work, and we scheduled to meet with them shortly thereafter. We didn't meet with many photographers, but from the start, Lionel and Kristiaan stood out! There was no debating whether or not we would hire them after that! Based on their suggestion, we purchased the package that included an engagement session which was definitely worth it! We became more familiar with them, their style, and being in front of the camera, which was so much better than walking into our wedding without that experience and knowledge. As a result, we had a bunch of interactions with them leading up to our wedding. Come our wedding day, they were definitely more like friends, then someone we hired to photograph our wedding. They also quickly blended in with our bridal party, parents, and guests. My Mom, who has quickly become one of their biggest fans, will tell anyone that it was as if they were part of the family!

Regarding their work ethic/attitude - well they both will do pretty much anything for a shot! Hanging off a dock, laying in a puddle, you name it! And, the pictures are simply amazing. I feel like I can relive the whole day through merely the pictures which is AMAZING as we didn't have a videographer. Their website says, "we believe your wedding images should allow you to feel what it was like to be there." Lionel and Kristiaan definitely gave us that! You can truly feel the love, laughter, and happiness that we and our guests experienced that day by simply scrolling through our photo gallery. I do not see how anyone would be disappointed with their work. Hiring them was definitely one of the best decisions we made, and we look forward to using them in the future!

Profile Picture Marisa, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Madious are the best!!! We loved working with Lionel & Kristiaan not just because they are incredibly talented photographers, but because they made the whole experience so fun and enjoyable. We got to know them on a personal level and I can honestly say they are some of the nicest people we've ever met. They did an amazing engagement shoot for us, helped us plan the wedding day timeline, and kept us calm the entire day of the wedding. When we finally got all of the photos from the wedding, we were blown away with how amazing they were. Their natural & artistic style allowed them to perfectly capture everyone's emotions throughout the day. The photos look more incredibly every time we look at them, and we are so grateful to the Madious for telling our wedding story in such a beautifully way.

Profile Picture Erik, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

If you are searching for wedding photographers - STOP - you have found them! The Madious were simply wonderful. Their photographs speak for themselves (and we were of course impressed beyond belief with our images) but what I would like to comment on is the two of them. Lionel and Kristiaan are warm, friendly, and hilarious. From the moment we met them, my husband and I both felt at ease and it was as if we were hanging out with people we had known our entire lives. They really made an effort to get to know us as a couple and to see what our vision for the wedding was. On the day of the wedding, they showed up early and left when the last guests left bringing incredible creativity, talent, energy, and reassurance along with them. We could not have asked for better photographers!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We fell in love with Kristiaan and Lionel from the minute that we met them. They took the time to personalize our meeting and really understand what we wanted our wedding pictures to portray. Words cannot to describe how AMAZING our pictures looked from our big day. They truly retold the whole story of the night, capturing so much love, happiness, laughter, and candid moments that as a typical wedding couple , we missed. We posted our pictures on facebook and sent them to our guests. The feedback we received was so overwhelming..."The best wedding album EVER", " Gorgeous gorgeous pictures, we love every picture"...What makes The Madious stand out from all the other photographers , aside from their amazing mad talent, is their attention to detail and that they personalize all of their photos to the bride and groom rather than the same photos/poses for each couple. If you want to capture your love story in the most creative, unique and artistic way, you have to hire The Madious....they are our photographers for life, HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Kristiaan and Lionel are the best!!! There were a few key factors I was looking for in photographers: 1. I wanted my husband to feel comfortable with them 2. I wanted photographers who took pride in their art and looked for those special moments. 3. I wanted our photos to look like "us" not posed or staged. The Madious were this and so much more. Not only are they a pleasure to work with and are easy to communicate with, they really do whatever they need to do to capture the picture. They lay on the ground, climb trees, whatever, they do it all. I never felt like I was looking for them at my wedding, they were always there. I could go on and on about how great they are but just do yourself a favor and hire them.

Profile Picture User4233334, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lionel And Kristiaan are absolutely AMAZING! I could not have been more happy with them them or our wedding photos. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. Friday night before the wedding my husband wanted to change locations where he was getting ready and Lionel had no problem changing the plans with such short notice. My husband is not very comfortable in front of a camera but The Madious did everything to make sure he was relaxed and having a fun time. They captured so many beautiful and creative photos of us and our guests. Our friends and family could not stop commenting on how awesome the photographers were. Bottom line: BOOK THEM NOW!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not be more thrilled about these two! They are incredibly talented photographers and we knew that we were going to get the highest quality photos to remember our wedding. They have a commitment not only to take incredibly beautiful and artistic portraits, but to capture the important moments that you don't see or notice (because the day flies by!). This is something they communicated to us when we first met with them, but seeing that in execution, they truly walk the talk.

Looking at the gallery of photos they sent us, it was like seeing the best day of our lives from a completely different perspective, just priceless. I tear up every time because they captured not only the moment, but the *feeling* experienced in those moments. Family and friends say to us that they've never seen wedding photos like this before. They're distinct from traditional wedding photography. They like to experiment with the portraits and manage to make even people uncomfortable with being photographed feel comfortable and have fun during the whole process.

Also, one of the amazing things about their policy is that they're with you from beginning to end on the best day of your life. Typically, you only get a photographer for 8 or so hours and then you pay extra for more hours. What's great about the Madious' policy is that you don't have to negotiate the hours. They WANT to be there for everything and they have so much energy throughout. They take a lot of pride and joy in their work - both the process and the outcome.

Beyond their incredible talent, they’re amazing people. When you hire a photographer, you're not only hiring someone to capture your day, you're also hiring people who will be spending more time with you during the day than your family or your fiance. We knew the moment we met them, that we wanted them to be a part of the day.

Can't recommend them more highly!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/28/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Lionel and Kristiaan at Eyewonder. They made us feel very comfortable, which was really important to us (we were actually pretty nervous about taking photos!). It was cool to work with a married couple as well because they could model the poses they wanted us to do, and it all felt really natural. We took our engagement photos with them in DC, but we brought them to Florida to photograph our wedding. While we hired them for a standard wedding package (including engagement photos), they were willing (and did not charge us extra) to photograph any event we wanted while they were in Florida. We had a "wedding weekend" full of events, and they photographed everything (Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Wedding Day, Brunch, and we even did a Day After bride and groom photo shoot). The value was amazing and they were in such great spirits. They were also the life of the party and so many of our wedding guests came up to me to specifically remark on how great and fun Lionel and Kristiaan were.

Even more, the photos they took were simply amazing. Kristiaan and Lionel have a great eye for artistic and beautiful photos; and they did not disappoint. They spent their downtime scouting out places to take photos, and they had a clear vision for every photo in advance. One of my friends has told me that our wedding photos are the best she has ever seen. I can't say enough how much fun it was to work with this team, and I'm so glad to have these amazing photos to remember our wedding weekend forever. Lionel and Kristiaan - you guys are simply the best.

Profile Picture Katharine, 11/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

By far the best photographers we've ever met, my husband and I feel so fortunate that EyeWonder photographed our wedding!!! Kristiaan and Lionel are true artists - we haven't even received our wedding photos yet but we are so impressed with them from the creative shots they arranged of us & our wedding party, their pictures from our engagement shoot, the photos we've seen on their blog, and for their professionalism and kindness since we met them!!!
If you are looking for one of a kind, unique wedding photos, contact EyeWonder right away to meet with them!!

Profile Picture Sharon & Jason, 8/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

EyeWonder is truly amazing. Their pictures are incredible. They captured the emotion and feeling of our wedding (with a particular focus on our closest family and friends), and their pictures retell the story. Our families and friends are amazed by the quality, creativity, and attention to detail of every picture. After the wedding, all we have are great memories and, thanks to EyeWonder, great pictures that allow us to relive the experience with over 1,300 images.

More importantly, though, they were some of the most popular people at the wedding - making jokes, blending in and socializing with people, answering photography questions, all while capturing everything we could've hoped for and more.

The end result of working with EyeWonder is getting amazing pictures that you, your families, and your friends will cherish, and gaining two more friends. We look forward to working with them in the future and staying close in the meantime.

Profile Picture User3844696, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My Husband and I can't say enough wonderful things about EyeWonder Photography. Not only professionals, but all around great people. Even though I adore memories, taking pics are one of my least favorite things to do. With Lionel and Kristiaan it is a pleasurable experience with wondrous surprises at the end!!! Our engagement pics were more than we could ask for and we know our wedding pics will be out of this world. Just take a look at their website and you'll be an instant believer :)!

Profile Picture Nicky, 6/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

What can I say about Eyewonder Photography; they are simply the best. Not only are they two great photographers, they are some of the most wonderful people my husband and I have ever met. Not only do they have the ability to capture moments as if they were stills in a movie, but give those stills life with such rich and genuine emotion, it is like reliving the day over and over again. We are extremely fortunate to have collaborated alongside their artistic genius and experience their expertise. They captured our vision expertly and created something magical that neither of us could have imagined. We have shared many laughs, tears of joy, and wonderful memories with these two. Shortly after our wedding, my husband’s grandfather passed away. Eyewonder Photography went out of their way to share with us one of the most beautiful photos that truly commemorated his memory and capture the beauty of that day with him.

Profile Picture User4596589, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lionel and Kristiaan are AMAZING and we're so grateful that we were able to work with them. Full disclosure: I hate getting my picture taken, awkwardly posing and whatnot. But taking pictures with them was such an easy, painless and enjoyable process. They have a real rapport with you, immdiately, that puts you completely at ease -- and they also have an innate ability to capture natural moments between you and your fiancee/husband/partner that you don't see in a lot of other photography. To quote one of our friends "I hate engagement photos, they're so cheesy - but I LOVED yours!". They're just able to do something special with it that sets it apart from all the other wedding photography you see out there.

I'd definitely recommend doing the package that includes engagement photos because it really allows you to get to know them -- by the time we actually had our wedding, Lionel and Kristiaan felt like old friends, which made it all the more enjoyable.

In closing, do it. They're amazing. They'll go above and beyond for you throughout the entire process, whether it's crawling into a barbwire fence (this happened) to get an amazing shot or climbing a ladder to take a picture of all your wedding guests (which looked incredible).

Profile Picture Eileen, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

BEST photographers of life. Seriously. Just Awesome. They photographed my NYC wedding and did an AMAZING job. They are VERY VERY VERY creative. When you see your photographers rolling on the ground, standing on random objects, you are in good hands. So many people sent me recommendations for photographers and no one compared to Eyewonder. Let me save you some time and effort. Your search ends here. Book them. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sheryl, 5/11/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot sing enough praises for EyeWonder Photography! From start to finish you know they are invested in their client. I had been following their work for years so when the time came for my wedding there was nothing I would stop at to have them as our photographers (not even having a destination wedding!). They are thoughtful, responsive, creative, and flexible artists. I literally wouldn't have got through my wedding so well without them there. They are so fun and really treat you as a friend and their main priority. To top it all off, the photos they take are breath-taking. I received so many complements on our engagement photos. I am giddy with excitement to see the wedding photos! Invest in their services - the photography is more important than an expensive wedding gown or cake. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews